• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, I really dont think you are sx first. Personally, I think you are sx last.

Sx first doesn't seem quite right for me unless someone convinces me, but I don't believe I'm sx last. Sx is a desire for personal bond and connection which is very important to me.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sx first doesn't seem quite right for me unless someone convinces me, but I don't believe I'm sx last. Sx is a desire for personal bond and connection which is very important to me.

I could say the same about myself, but I've considered myself sx last for a while. So either I'm mistyped, or this isn't a great way to determine sx.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I could say the same about myself, but I've considered myself sx last for a while. So either I'm mistyped, or this isn't a great way to determine sx.

Well, I'm also pretty confident with sp last. How would you describe sx?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I'm also pretty confident with sp last. How would you describe sx?

To be clear, my comment wasn't questioning your own typing (I don't know you), I was just saying I related to what you wrote, so I didn't think it alone was a good deciding factor in determining whether one has sx as primary or secondary.

Re describing sx, ha, I don't know. My super-generalization is that it seems to have more to do with intensity and perhaps 'obsession', maybe a single-minded drive to dive into one person or thing (as it doesn't have to be a person), than desire to connect; desire to connect and find common ground, bond and be accepted, understood, known by people, is just as much a part of the social instinct, I think. I just believe via interacting with people on here, as well as people irl who I am confident to be sx dom, that I differ. And, since I am pretty sure I'm not sp-last (I think I have a very good sp instinct), then sx is last for me. Also, in delving into specific descriptions for enneagram 4 specifically, so/sp just really seemed to fit.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A few people have suggested core 9 for me and im bored so Id thoguht Id put it up to give it a little try :). Could anyone see this?.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say you're a 7-9-3 in tritype, yeah.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I'm still not sure about my subtype, but since I've looked into socionics Se I'm sure of my typing as ESI. I don't fully relate, or relate terribly a lot even, to the ISFP descriptions or the MBTI Se function. Se in MBTI is basically, "if it looks like a rock and tastes like a rock, it is a rock." Socionics Se is about influence and impact, and it explains how Se users are concerned with possibilities, which is what I've been trying to assert for ages.

Not that I think anyone cares, but I'm just writing this to say I find socionics more accurate and useful than MBTI, and type as ESI. I don't type as ISFP anymore because it's not applicable. Based on MBTI type descriptions only and not MBTI cognitive functions, I relate most to INFJ.

Hi! I agree with you; I think that Jungian and Keirseyan MBTI although sort of makes sense... doesn't really hold up in the real world. Ever since I got into Socionics... it's so much easier to understand how other people are/how they function and how enneagram influences that. I can no longer find my type in the Keirseyan system because almost any feeler makes sense for me. That and there isn't a bias on which type is better, so that also makes it very easy to read a description and see how it relates to me. MBTI is pretty biased.

You are obviously ESI (in my opinion), but yeah you definitely seem Se heavy and from my observations I'd say that you're ESI-Se.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd say you're a 7-9-3 in tritype, yeah.

I was wondering what would ya say makes me more 7 than 9?. I am at times very conflict avoidant and can withdraw from conflict but I also troll and fight for fun plus I get bored easily. Any good hints on how to find my tritype order as I am sure that I have 7 3 and 9 in some order.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was wondering what would ya say makes me more 7 than 9?. I am at times very conflict avoidant and can withdraw from conflict but I also troll and fight for fun plus I get bored easily. Any good hints on how to find my tritype order as I am sure that I have 7 3 and 9 in some order.

You play around and try to lighten the mood. When that doesn't help (or you recognize it would be inappropriate and fuel on the fire to do so), you move on to peacekeeping.

The idea is that you exhaust your dominant strategy, before you move on to the next number in your tritype.

You're too impish to be a full-on nine - they tend to be more subdued and even keeled :p

Compare to me - many people have considered 9 over the years for me, but I'm too gloomy and heavy handed for it. I start with explaining shit and tend towards emotional intensity. Only in large groups, where I know that that is going to exacerbate matters, and when I notice that the other person is too overwhelmed or needs a breather, will I shift to 9, into consensus mode, or at least break-mode. I also use 7, to lighten the mood when there is an impasse, and try to provide a distraction, when my 9 is failing me or getting us nowhere. Or, when I need a break and need a moment to blow off some steam :wink:

Hence, 4-9-7.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You play around and try to lighten the mood. When that doesn't help (or you recognize it would be inappropriate and fuel on the fire to do so), you move on to peacekeeping.

The idea is that you exhaust your dominant strategy, before you move on to the next number in your tritype.

You're too impish to be a full-on nine - they tend to be more subdued and even keeled :p

Compare to me - many people have considered 9 over the years for me, but I'm too gloomy and heavy handed for it. I start with explaining shit and tend towards emotional intensity. Only in large groups, where I know that that is going to exacerbate matters, and when I notice that the other person is too overwhelmed or needs a breather, will I shift to 9, into consensus mode, or at least break-mode. I also use 7, to lighten the mood when there is an impasse, and try to provide a distraction, when my 9 is failing me or getting us nowhere. Or, when I need a break and need a moment to blow off some steam :wink:

Hence, 4-9-7.

Thanks a lot:D. I didnt know you use the strats from each type in order. I start off with 7 fun and trolling then move on to 9 peacekeeping then 3 image manipulation.

Taibreah

I think I've been crazily mistyped due to my extensive over-analysis of all the information I've been relating to in many of the types. For this reason, I must be an INTP? Yeah? Okay, I'm going with INTP, then. Heh

My Enneagram remains unchanged, although I have wondered if I was more of a 5w4 or a 5w6. They are both fairly close. I've pushed my tritype back though, I moved the 9 to second place and 4 to last, because I'm starting to lose my patience. :laugh:

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay so I'm usually against the concept of dichotomies but since I am hitting a wall now that I'm redetermining my type, I thought I would give it some consideration. I don't know as much about Socionics as I would like, so I apologize if this is an asshole's way of going about it. Here's what I did. I went on Sociotype's page on dichotomies and went through each tab and carefully considered where I stand with each one. Then I wrote down all the types associated with each dichotomy, which looked like this:

TwINv3o.png

Seems like a lot, I know. The asterisks are to represent dichotomies I couldn't really choose between. After that, I counted how much of each type correlated with me, which came out to be this:

ENTp: 13 *** (10)
ESFj: 9
ENFj: 9 ** (7)
ISTp: 9 ** (7)
INTp: 9 ** (7)
ENFp: 7 * (6)
ESFp: 7 * (6)
ISFp: 7 * (6)
ENTj: 7 ** (5)
ISTj: 7 ** (5)
ESTj: 7 ** (5)
INFp: 7 ** (5)
INTj: 7 ** (5)
INFj: 5 * (4)
ISFj: 5 * (4)
ESTp: 5 * (4)

Now the asterisks here represent how many of the uncertain dichotomies applied to the count. ENTp being the only type with all three uncertainties and ESFj being the only type with none. The number in parenthesis is the number if uncertain dichotomies didn't count. ENTp and ESFj are at the top.

Comparing both with ENFp, my previous/current typing, I do not relate to the ENTp's interpretation of Creative Ti, though I did identify with the ESTP's description of it. I also do not identify with ENTP's or ENFP's interpretation of Role Se, as both describe it as something that the person is reluctant to use (which I am not). However, an ENTP's Vulnerable Fi and Ignoring Ni is relatable, as well as the ENFP description of Mobilizing Si. I identify with ESFj's entire Super-Ego block, but almost every single other aspect of the ESFj portrait is unrelatable.

I did a lot of research on ESTps, like @magpie suggested, but while the conscious functions seem to be accurate for me, the unconscious functions don't reflect me at all. I think most people of my tritype are likely to be SLEs though. (Can you confirm/deny, @miss fortune?)

@Xann suggested ENFj on multiple occasions and that description is much closer to my functioning, minus Leading Fe and Demonstrative Ne.

I present all of this to ask, how should I go about this now? I have a general idea of what types I might be (IEE, ILE, EIE) but how do I narrow that down? What do you all think I am?

Edit: Oh! And I almost forgot. I'm not sure how much it plays a role in determining type, but I completely identify as Delta (thank you [MENTION=23915]Hawthorne[/MENTION] and @zang for helping me out a bit there) and my romance style is almost entirely Infantile.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey, so I'm trying to figure out my preferences for introversion/extraversion. Would almost always wanting to spend time with family members but having a low battery for friends, acquaintances, and small talk with strangers be extraversion because I am fueled by hanging out with my sisters, ambiversion (sorry for the made-up term) because I am fueled by those I'm REALLY close to but drained by those I'm not, or introversion because I'm drained by most people?

Question: Does anyone think Im not a 9?

I don't know you super well but I could easily see you as a 9. You do have a bit of that "absorbing" aura that I associate with 9s, though it's not as strong as say, Korvinagor's (apologies if I misspelled that) or There's.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is why I type as so/sx 6:

Social/self-pres

This type appears One-like also, but for different reasons. This time, the social instinct combines with the self-pres to give this subtype a strong desire to know where they fit within the group, with whom they can make strong alliances. Conversely, they can counterphobicaly oppose groups. They are usually political in some form. Adhering to rules is seen as very important to this type. They have issues with authority, such as distrusting reactively or trusting too vehemently. This is the result of their lack of a close connection to people (a function of the undeveloped sexual instinct). Their allegiance is not to individuals but to a group of like-minded others. This subtype could possibly find themselves in jobs such as with the police of firefighting force, and in such professions where it is possible to identify with a group which has clearly defined rules and purposes. On the up side, these are people with a strong moral compass; they can be counted on to do the right thing. They do volunteer work. They become politicians. They are generally solid people. On the down side, their “us against them” thinking can turn into bigotry, paranoia, and “playing the martyr.”

In relationships, they can appear almost Two-like sometimes. Their need for people in their lives, coupled with the sexual instinct being last, causes them to worry about the close bonds they have with others and can also cause them to “go towards” while at the same time requiring validation about the strength of the bond. On the down side, they can become very critical of others when they fear their differences. Their need to find security within the group is threatened when others don’t do things the way they do or think the way they think. This occurs mostly when this subtype is unhealthy. When they are healthier, the differences between themselves and others are not bothersome and may even be seen as reassuring.

Social/Sexual

This type can be very different from the other social type, because with this type, security comes from making alliances with individuals. Their weakness comes from their self-pres instinct being last, so they are not as independent as the self-pres/soc. They rely on key people in their lives when doubt sets in. Their security comes from maintaining close bonds. They fear rejection much more then the soc/self-pres. This softens the strong stances seen in the soc/self-pres, because the soc/sex doesn’t find its security in organizations and government. They go through life looking for the people they think will be able to direct them. On the down side, they can make individuals into their authority figures and rely too much on them. They are a lighter Six. They go with the flow more than the other subtypes. They are likely to use humor to charm people, but on the down side may whine and complain about their circumstances to garner support. When healthier, their charm, enthusiasm and curiosity are infectious. They are very loyal friends, although that can be said more or less about all reasonably healthy Sixes. But with the self-pres/soc and the soc/sex nothing much more then your support is required, for maintaining their friendship.

I relate entirely to the latter and not at all to the former.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How do you tell if you are 6w7 or 7w6?.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dichotomies-wise, I agree. Also, in big 5, I score close to 50% in openness.

The only problem is that considering functions I'm definitely a Si user (to the point of considering being a Si-dom) and, looking into socionics, Se PoLR is definitely more accurate than Ne PoLR. I may be making a thread about it tomorrow.

Did you type as an ISTJ at some point?