• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
**** this. I ain't capable of discovering my type on my own. Is there an expert that wants to hear my lifestory and try to type me?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
**** this. I ain't capable of discovering my type on my own. Is there an expert that wants to hear my lifestory and try to type me?

Have you taken the tests that basically tell you what your stacks are?

Typologycentral Keirsey and Jung Test
Example 1

I can see INTJ because your questions seem to be very Ni (...I think an S type would be far more specific and concrete in asking questions about things they want to know, and Ni has this flattening effect to get to the heart of the matter), but it could also be Ti-Ne (Wherein Ti goes "okay if I limit this question people are going to answer a specific way"). Not an expert, look into it and see what you've got.

...Then set it aside and look into Big 5 because it's actually scientific and stuff like MBTI are basically just for fun and self-improvement.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
[MENTION=31909]agentwashington[/MENTION]

Thank you for the answer!

I tried ALL the possible tests too many times. I know the questions too well, and I basically see them as: "Are you Ti?" etc. They don't work for me anymore.

I looked into Big 5, but it's not a fun challenge like MBTI. I don't know why, but it just feels boring.

The thing about MBTI is that I know too much about it. The problem is that I don't know who I am.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What do people think of a possible 1w9 fix for me?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
[MENTION=31909]agentwashington[/MENTION]

Thank you for the answer!

I tried ALL the possible tests too many times. I know the questions too well, and I basically see them as: "Are you Ti?" etc. They don't work for me anymore.

I looked into Big 5, but it's not a fun challenge like MBTI. I don't know why, but it just feels boring.

The thing about MBTI is that I know too much about it. The problem is that I don't know who I am.

I feel, though. I didn't bother looking into Big5 beyond the superficial descriptive. The thing about consciousness is that it's so hard to explain, so we try to hold on to whatever other theories there are.

What do you feel are the functions that best describe your thought processes and how instinctive do you think you come to it? I basically just kinda went "eh" at some point and just figured out that the stacks vaguely fit ISTJ, the rest is... irrelevant... Since the description doesn't fit me and all that.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
I feel, though. I didn't bother looking into Big5 beyond the superficial descriptive. The thing about consciousness is that it's so hard to explain, so we try to hold on to whatever other theories there are.

What do you feel are the functions that best describe your thought processes and how instinctive do you think you come to it? I basically just kinda went "eh" at some point and just figured out that the stacks vaguely fit ISTJ, the rest is... irrelevant... Since the description doesn't fit me and all that.

I'm pretty sure I'm intuitive. I can relate to both Ne and Ni, so yeah, it's difficult for me to choose one. I relate to Te and Fi, but I'm not sure which is stronger. I also strongly relate to the inferior Fe descriptions. It's just a huge mess. I could literally be all the types. I'm even thinking that I could be Ne-dom (and I'm the most introverted person ever).

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I'm pretty sure I'm intuitive. I can relate to both Ne and Ni, so yeah, it's difficult for me to choose one. I relate to Te and Fi, but I'm not sure which is stronger. I also strongly relate to the inferior Fe descriptions. It's just a huge mess. I could literally be all the types. I'm even thinking that I could be Ne-dom (and I'm the most introverted person ever).

Does that mean you think of yourself as a perceiving dom, then?

For what it's worth, you don't come across as an Ne dom to me, and I relate to inferior Fe too, but I think prioritising Fi comes first. Fe is the weakest point for me - but there's no escaping group norms, and wanting social acceptance is usually something most people take into account.

I also think there's a certain level of health to be considered, even if it's not spelt out in a systematic way like Enneatypes do. The thing is, people have access to and use all functions (I'd argue that my shadow Ti is probably better than a lot of ... people's...), and I think the function stacks are a little bullshit because sometimes there's just a certain circumstantial need to tap into a certain function, and with use comes development due to neuroplasticity. But don't quote me on this, because I'm not an expert.

Why do you want to know for certain? (Is it important to know for certain? Are you simply bouncing around these ideas?) What do you plan to do with the knowledge?

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
Does that mean you think of yourself as a perceiving dom, then?

For what it's worth, you don't come across as an Ne dom to me, and I relate to inferior Fe too, but I think prioritising Fi comes first. Fe is the weakest point for me - but there's no escaping group norms, and wanting social acceptance is usually something most people take into account.

I also think there's a certain level of health to be considered, even if it's not spelt out in a systematic way like Enneatypes do. The thing is, people have access to and use all functions (I'd argue that my shadow Ti is probably better than a lot of ... people's...), and I think the function stacks are a little bullshit because sometimes there's just a certain circumstantial need to tap into a certain function, and with use comes development due to neuroplasticity. But don't quote me on this, because I'm not an expert.

Why do you want to know for certain? (Is it important to know for certain? Are you simply bouncing around these ideas?) What do you plan to do with the knowledge?

I mostly relate to Ji-dom. ENTP was just a possibility (an unlikely one).
I want to know it just because this stuff is stuck in my head. The fact that the descriptions of the functions, of the types etc are so vague and subjective pisses me off. Understanding my type... it's something I started months ago. And I won't stop searching until I'll find the answer.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I mostly relate to Ji-dom. ENTP was just a possibility (an unlikely one).
I want to know it just because this stuff is stuck in my head. The fact that the descriptions of the functions, of the types etc are so vague and subjective pisses me off. Understanding my type... it's something I started months ago. And I won't stop searching without getting an answer.

I looked at your "Type me" post and saw Fi and Si coming up pretty high. I'll probably head over to your thread and give you a lookover.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
I looked at your "Type me" post and saw Fi and Si coming up pretty high. I'll probably head over to your thread and give you a lookover.

I actually got like... uhm, 3 "type me" threads, if I recall correctly, lol. My behaviours and answers change drastically depending ono my mood. One thread I got ISTP, in the other one INFP, and in another one I got ISTJ. Trying to type me is harder than typing a chameleon.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually got like... uhm, 3 "type me" threads, if I recall correctly, lol. My behaviours and answers change drastically depending ono my mood. One thread I got ISTP, in the other one INFP, and in another one I got ISTJ. Trying to type me is harder than typing a chameleon.

Chiming in quickly, of the three, two of them (INFP, ISTJ) share all the same functions. Perhaps that narrows things down a little?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Based on my interactions with you, I'd say it's most likely that your Gut fix is either 9w1 or 9w8. Followed by: 8w9 > 8w7 > 1w9 > 1w2.

Out of curoisty what makes me seem strongly 9 to you?.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am ESFP

Im curious how did you arrive at ESFP?. You are really hard to type as you seem a very well balanced person who has a mix of many various types. Mostly I see Ti with a aux Pe function.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Im curious how did you arrive at ESFP?. You are really hard to type as you seem a very well balanced person who has a mix of many various types. Mostly I see Ti with a aux Pe function.

Somebody write it on the "I am legend" poster.
How could you be a Fi user?

Just wanted to provide a challenge for the mistyped thread. And troll the forums a bit

Rouskyrie

Can anyone see me as anything other than ENFJ? I seem to be more Fe-Ti, but if I'm actually a Fi user, I could see myself being more Te-Fi than Fi-Te.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Can anyone see me as anything other than ENFJ? I seem to be more Fe-Ti, but if I'm actually a Fi user, I could see myself being more Te-Fi than Fi-Te.

What's causing you to doubt your type? Is it a constant thing, or are you looking at how you have been temporarily? When I am struggling a bit, I doubt my type because I look at how I'm acting in less healthy levels, which is skewed from constant reality.

You are the master of typing, so I would doubt that your instincts have led you astray in typing.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Talk to me Rouskyrie, I know you've been wanting an answer from me. Just as I can't get an accurate reading on Cellmold too doesn't mean you cannot be typed.

Let's talk this out.