• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ruling out "dickhead" as a possible username is not a guarantee that no one will ever call you one. And your punctuation remedy seems more like a chemistry lesson, not a bad investment of time, actually.

After all what the chemical nazis can do is far worse than the grammar nazis as a grammar nazi will just annoy you to death while a chemistry nazi can like burn you to death or put alkali metals into oil concentration camps (This is for the best). Hey dont get any ideas green peace to blow up oil rigs with alkali metal bombs as the oil spill will make the weapons ineffective plus you would be hammering the nail through the wood by doing this as you would be getting what you dont want (The nail not in the wood) plus the damage is done (Nail has made a hole).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After all what the chemical nazis can do is far worse than the grammar nazis as a grammar nazi will just annoy you to death while a chemistry nazi can like burn you to death or put alkali metals into oil concentration camps (This is for the best). Hey dont get any ideas green peace to blow up oil rigs with alkali metal bombs as the oil spill will make the weapons ineffective plus you would be hammering the nail through the wood by doing this as you would be getting what you dont want (The nail not in the wood) plus the damage is done (Nail has made a hole).
If you are focusing on chemical attacks, you are missing the boat. One of the two elements you mentioned makes an outstanding laser.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you are focusing on chemical attacks, you are missing the boat. One of the two elements you mentioned makes an outstanding laser.

Still rubbing it in about the laser business :). Silicon is a good laser element. Im not sure about titanium but i can say you INTJs cannot make lasers as you lack Si and Ti while these are both materials i have access to as an ENTP plus i can add Neon for decoration just to boast that i can make chaos and destruction look pretty. Hey I can see the Ne vs Ni differences here. I am vomiting all over you with Ne then you are collecting the vomit and directing it back to me in a high pressure stream.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm seriously reconsidering ESFJ for you, [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION]. You are getting less and less Ne-Ti as your posts go on. Generally also your decisions when typing others aren't Ne-Ti driven, but more vibe/avatar/I'm still trying to understand driven.
No offense in what I'm gonna say, but I'm also considering the fact that you could be modifying your behaviour by the MBTI profile you get in that period. When you were typed INTP you acted way more reflecting and logical, that's what's making you hard to type.

*disappears in a cloud of smoke*

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm seriously reconsidering ESFJ for you, [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION]. You are getting less and less Ne-Ti as your posts go on. Generally also your decisions when typing others aren't Ne-Ti driven, but more vibe/avatar/I'm still trying to understand driven.
No offense in what I'm gonna say, but I'm also considering the fact that you could be modifying your behaviour by the MBTI profile you get in that period. When you were typed INTP you acted way more reflecting and logical, that's what's making you hard to type.

*disappears in a cloud of smoke*

Masks are a very Ne-Fe thing so I think i can put on INTP, ISFJ, ESFJ and ENTP masks as the situation fits.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION] is a socionics alpha; extrovert

Now, I would not rule out extraverted feeling as the dominant. Smart? Curious? Fascinated by the what-ifs that arise in discussions of both abstracts and concretes?

These traits would not be unique to ENTP; they can and are often ESFJ "off duty" traits, especially prominent in gifted and/or well-developed ESFJs.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I dunno where you guys are getting high Fe from [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION]. They seem like they have a healthy tert Fe.

Y'all are crazy. Every time someone has social prowess, someone shouts ESFJ. Other types can be nice, friendly, and people oriented too! The trait is not FJ exclusive!

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno where you guys are getting high Fe from [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION]. They seem like they have a healthy tert Fe.

Y'all are crazy. Every time someone has social prowess, someone shouts ESFJ. Other types can be nice, friendly, and people oriented too! The trait is not FJ exclusive!

As well pointed out by apathylex, Jar changes his behavior in order to fit his current/desired typological profile. At this time, this behavior is a caricature of Ne, based upon the mark the thing has left within his jar. The archetypal Ne gathered from reading many an xNTP description and refining them into this. This is his perception of what a Ne dom is. Which is the definition of Si I agree with myself. The Si is natural and not something he is showing us via billboard advertisement, but something we can pick up on ourselves. Meaning that in direct juxtaposition to the Si, the Ne is forced.

Additionally, his primary mode of interaction with his environment is based upon exacting his influence upon it, as very cleanly exhibited by his influence based statements and "mask wearing" (a statement so exaggerated and "buzzword" in nature, I do hope it begins my precious witch hunts anew) behaviors also intended to influence, not in the truly and purely exploratory MO fluidly expressed by the Pe dom. Which all aligns with the parameters for Fe I most agree on. Fe as the alignment of the internal and external. Movement of one or the other.

I didn't in actuality base anything on his "social prowess" (I wouldn't put things that way actually.) of itself, aside from my original excuse to tease him.

I would also peg him as a 2, originally I suspected 9 because my people do this sort of clinging to an identity thing with MBTI as well but ultimately I do get the sense that Jarvis is more direct, expansive, and effusive than my ilk about his attempts to be loved.

Of course he is free to be whatever he needs to be and all this is said without inflection. I think this behavior is perfectly understandable in someone very young especially.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As well pointed out by apathylex, Jar changes his behavior in order to fit his current/desired typological profile. At this time, this behavior is a caricature of Ne, based upon the mark the thing has left within his jar. The archetypal Ne gathered from reading many an xNTP description and refining them into this. This is his perception of what a Ne dom is. Which is the definition of Si I agree with myself. The Si is natural and not something he is showing us via billboard advertisement, but something we can pick up on ourselves. Meaning that in direct juxtaposition to the Si, the Ne is forced.

Additionally, his primary mode of interaction with his environment is based upon exacting his influence upon it, as very cleanly exhibited by his influence based statements and "mask wearing" (a statement so exaggerated and "buzzword" in nature, I do hope it begins my precious witch hunts anew) behaviors also intended to influence, not in the truly and purely exploratory MO fluidly expressed by the Pe dom. Which all aligns with the parameters for Fe I most agree on. Fe as the alignment of the internal and external. Movement of one or the other.

I didn't in actuality base anything on his "social prowess" (I wouldn't put things that way actually.) of itself, aside from my original excuse to tease him.

I would also peg him as a 2, originally I suspected 9 because my people do this sort of clinging to an identity thing with MBTI as well but ultimately I do get the sense that Jarvis is more direct, expansive, and effusive than my ilk about his attempts to be loved.

Of course he is free to be whatever he wants and all this is said without inflection. I think this behavior is perfectly understandable in someone very young especially.

The 'mask-wearing' part is a really good point, but if anything, your description of Brain makes them sound like a sassy ISFJ. If Fe is their dominant function, I fail to see their inferior Ti.

Maybe the 2-dom is what is making their tertiary Fe seem more prevelant than it is? After all, they are a so/sx.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course, people are doubting my type. This isn't a surprise.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The 'mask-wearing' part is a really good point, but if anything, your description of Brain makes them sound like a sassy ISFJ. If Fe is their dominant function, I fail to see their inferior Ti.

Maybe the 2-dom is what is making their tertiary Fe seem more prevelant than it is? After all, they are a so/sx.

I find his inferior Ti very apparent actually. He is most always impression of itself. There is no assessment of the impressions being conducted as per any sort of higher Ji. Only a very similar caricature of Ti, as also touched upon by the poster I referenced, being expressed when desiring to move others toward agreeing INTP.

I believe his most natural pattern is all convincing>grounded in archetypal impression in that order, the order I stated things in wasn't meant to imply their prevalence, his way is not primarily based on perception but rather convincing through the perception as I already stated.

Which as a whole is why I don't consider ISFJ as valid an option.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Based on the couple posts of Brain in a Jar I'd say xNTP/xNTJ.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[MENTION=25403]ZNP-TBA[/MENTION]

Is clearly a meerschaum pipe smoker who has disguised his pipe as a briar!

We cannot let the dastardly shitlord get away with this.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hey [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION], if you don't mind, I have a few questions for you. This will go against all better judgement of mine but let's try something, consider all the stereotypes of each type, the image each conjures up for you, all their positives and negatives, which type appeals to you and why? Not, which one you most identify with, but the type you like. The type you know you aren't but admire, and why?

Gone

As well pointed out by apathylex, Jar changes his behavior in order to fit his current/desired typological profile. At this time, this behavior is a caricature of Ne, based upon the mark the thing has left within his jar. The archetypal Ne gathered from reading many an xNTP description and refining them into this. This is his perception of what a Ne dom is.

I think we need an experiment. Set his type to ESFJ and watch him adjust, see if he overdoes the Fe, too, in order to fit the type.

What could possibly go wrong

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think we need an experiment. Set his type to ESFJ and watch him adjust, see if he overdoes the Fe, too, in order to fit the type.

What could possibly go wrong

Shoot, if the hypothesis is correct, we'd see insurmountable Fe. Sorry [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION], I totally feel like I'm currently conducting some experiment on you right now haha

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm not ruling out ENTP, it still seems like a good possibility.

I know it looks like we're ganging up on him but it's sort of a rite of passage for members and I think a lot of us will be called out at least once in our time here; it's healthy to consider other types. Maybe he already has considered ESFJ and decided ENTP was a better fit--if so, good, if not, I think ESFJ is worth looking at. They can "vibe" similarly to ENxPs, especially the "intellectual" ESFJs. Quotation marks used not because I think intellectual ESFJs aren't the norm, but because it's a facet of their personalities that isn't always at the forefront and often goes overlooked as a result. [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] called ESFJs the people's ENFP. Two different letters misleads us to how similar they can be, that similarity can also present itself with ENTPs.

Either way I think there's a lot of Ne usage as I see a lot of pattern recognition and definitely a capacity for trans-contextual thinking with [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION].

Fe also apparent, but is it the finely tuned dominant Fe? Difficult to tell, maybe after I've seen more of his interaction style.

More difficult to tell which introverted functions he uses, but he seems to be a taxonomist (not in the narrow sense), so the Ti might be strong with this one. Fi taxonimists certainly exist as well, but in a very different flavor, something that would be interesting to discuss, a Fi taxonomy vs Ti taxonomy thread perhaps.

Would I say ENTJ? I think other ENTJs would be a better judge. There's something about them that I can't quite put my finger on, but it's in most of the ENTJs who still type as such on this site. I don't see this unnamed quality in ENTPs so much, nor do I see it in Brain, but I don't know him as well as the other ENTJs yet. Maybe that facet is simply invisible to me. Or maybe he isn't one :shrug: There is a playful side to ENTJs, it's just a bit more restrained and clipped than what I usually see in ENTPs and ESFJs. It seems like many extroverts think they're an ENTJ at some point, and I wonder if it is due to a widespread misunderstanding of the type, poorly written type descriptions overplaying the E and J whilst failing to convey the NT element, or a combination...

Edit- sorry for being so vague

Gone

Shoot, if the hypothesis is correct, we'd see insurmountable Fe. Sorry [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION], I totally feel like I'm currently conducting some experiment on you right now haha

Insurmountable is a beautiful word, and yes, this is what I'm sort of expecting.

*distributes clipboards and safety goggles*

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey guys i feel as if ive been the topic of some debate. Im flattened with having a couple of pages devoted to me. I came home from an outing with friends to this :D. I dont feel as i am being ganged up on and in fact love the fact that i can critically discuss my true type.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm not ruling out ENTP, it still seems like a good possibility.

I know it looks like we're ganging up on him but it's sort of a rite of passage for members and I think a lot of us will be called out at least once in our time here; it's healthy to consider other types. Maybe he already has considered ESFJ and decided ENTP was a better fit--if so, good, if not, I think ESFJ is worth looking at. They can "vibe" similarly to ENxPs, especially the "intellectual" ESFJs. Quotation marks used not because I think intellectual ESFJs aren't the norm, but because it's a facet of their personalities that isn't always at the forefront and often goes overlooked as a result.

Either way I think there's a lot of Ne usage as I see a lot of pattern recognition and definitely a capacity for trans-contextual thinking with [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION].

Fe also apparent, but is it the finely tuned dominant Fe? Difficult to tell, maybe after I've seen more of his interaction style.

More difficult to tell which introverted functions he uses, but he seems to be a taxonomist (not in the narrow sense), so the Ti might be strong with this one. Fi taxonimists certainly exist as well, but in a very different flavor, something that would be interesting to discuss, a Fi taxonomy vs Ti taxonomy thread perhaps.

Totally agree, the Ne is definitely there, and I don't think it's forced or fabricated either. So far he seems to only use it as a way to socialize with people, at least his latest posts are obvious of this. This leads me to lean towards Ne being his first extroverted function, not second as say, an ESFJ. Just an initial thought though.

And as far as the "right of passage", ugh, that was a doozy. I could've done without mine. In the very least, I am now more sure than ever of my type because of the ordeal. But wow, there must be some better initiation to the site haha