• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Starry

I'm glad that nothing horrible has happened. But sometimes it's hard for people to be a human in this society as opposed to a robot, or some beast. Modern society moves too fast sometimes. And we just forget we have lives and families and our own sense of being sometimes.

I know that certain things aren't going to change once I get an MBTI type I am happy with, and that my issues are something I have to work on, and aren't magically gonna dissappear overnight. I know I am the only catalyst for real change within my life, and the only one with the power to move myself forward in life.

And I realise that MBTI isn't all about ME; that the system wasn't built for me, or for me to abuse, and that there are no right or wrong answers on type, and that it's a matter of subjectivity. Like I said, I got carried away and was in a bad place the other night.

Yes, I should have handled it better. I did disagree with some of your points, but I shouldn't have disagreed in that manner, but thank you for your suggestions.

I am going to point out why I am not certain of Pe-Dom in general (to yourself, and to other members, and maybe some of you could help me shed some light on my typing situation or lead me to some resources which might):

1. A lot of people on this forum, and other forums have suggested that I use a lot of Te in general. (Again, this might have something to do with being 'in the loop', or developing it, but I just want to point that out. This is where I need advice within regards to my type).

2. My enneagram type. This could be another reason why I seem to come across as J-ish to a lot of people. I have a strong presence of 8 and type 8 is generally associated with ExTJ types a lot more than is associated with Pe types.

3. My current course. Within my current music course, we use a lot of Te and Ti in our classes, as well as our assignments. Yes, my T side does come quite naturally to me, but sometimes it's overwhelming when I overwork it.

4. I am quite an imaginative person, and can put my imagination and my visions to good use (well developed N for my age?) most of the time, and turn it into something. Sometimes I do have idle days where I just procrastinate and nothing comes off anything.

5. I have been quite demotivated and depressed as of late. I haven't been doing much and I know I have to get out of this funk I'm in. But I do also think that this is a chance to progress and develop as a person, in finding a release and outlet for myself to become a better person.

I'm packing to go out of town and will only have time for this one thought for now. I do not see extroverted judgment in your dom or aux position...at all. I know you have indicated you are not a fan of enneagram but you clearly have an understanding of its influence because listed in 2 is the entirety of your type related struggle...no more...no less.

I'm just going to flat out tell you instead of dancing around the whole interpersonally-sensitive *in my opinion* crap because regardless of whether or not I've explained it to you in a way you care for...I've got all that is needed in my mind to type you just like I've done before (remember this is not as complex as you are making it). You are an ESTP 7w8...with a strong 8 wing which has been made stronger by the fact you are depressed and currently connected to 5 (7s point of integration) in a bad way. It is over-active 8/5 that confuses you and others and makes everyone think *ooooooo Rico's usin extroverted judgment* when it is not even something that is highly developed in you.

^^will you like that response? Probably not. But that's all I've got time for my friend.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cats.

I'm packing to go out of town and will only have time for this one thought for now. I do not see extroverted judgment in your dom or aux position...at all. I know you have indicated you are not a fan of enneagram but you clearly have an understanding of its influence because listed in 2 is the entirety of your type related struggle...no more...no less.

I'm just going to flat out tell you instead of dancing around the whole interpersonally-sensitive *in my opinion* crap because regardless of whether or not I've explained it to you in a way you care for...I've got all that is needed in my mind to type you just like I've done before (remember this is not as complex as you are making it). You are an ESTP 7w8...with a strong 8 wing which has been made stronger by the fact you are depressed and currently connected to 5 (7s point of integration) in a bad way. It is over-active 8/5 that confuses you and others and makes everyone think *ooooooo Rico's usin extroverted judgment* when it is not even something that is highly developed in you.

^^will you like that response? Probably not. But that's all I've got time for my friend.

Thanks for your response.

To be honest, I have thought about enneagram distintegration playing a part in the disorientation of my type before.

I have thought about the disintegration of 5 making me look NT (yeah, although I'm not the biggest fan of enneagram like you mentioned, I still know a fair amount about it), in the same way that a 2 can make an ESTP with a strong 8 influence (not necessarily talking about it as a dominant enneatype btw) seem a lot more FJ-like. I do get the enneagram, but I wouldn't use it in everyday life, although I understand it a decent amount.

Yeah, and I would also agree to an extent that the 7 in me is being repressed in a negative manner (like you said, being connected to 5 in a bad way).

I just need to tap into my functions in a more natural manner.
It's hard to, whenever you have to sit back and use functions you don't necessarily have a good grasp of/dislike on a daily basis due to your job/college course etc. for long periods of time. You know? It's like learning a language, the more you focus on one area of a language/switch back to another language, the more likely you are to forget the things you learned in that language you need to/want to learn.

Does anyone else have anymore opinions on my type, or want to add anything to what was said above, before I settle this? Feel free to.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think there is a correlation between MBTI and Enneagram or am I wrong?

1=Si
2=Fe
3=Te
4=Fi
5=Ti/Te
6=Ni
7=Ne/Se
8=Te/Se
9=Ne/Ni/Fe

Thoughts?

It's this actually:
1: Te (righteous do it my way or else)
2: Fe (please the other)
3: none
4: Ni (abstract wants)
5: Ti (information loving)
6: Fi (what you feel is what's going on)
7: Se (novelty has never been so exciting)
8: Ne (don't ask why, it just needed a spot)
9: Si (internal state of peace is overfocused)

It's very disagreeable but this is the closest to in accuracy. Because of certain concepts. Ones are probably very close is 1,2,5, and possibly 7. Rest are just really out there lol.

I didn't want to post but I couldn't help it when I saw these.

I think that there is no constant correlation written in stone. An ESTP 9, while rare, would not be impossible.

We insist on these correlations and it only cause further confusion or misguidance for people uncertain of either typing.

Even the leading Jungian authors seem unable to agree on a correlation between the E-types and Jungian functions.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't want to post but I couldn't help it when I saw these.

I think that there is no constant correlation written in stone. An ESTP 9, while rare, would not be impossible.

We insist on these correlations and it only cause further confusion or misguidance for people uncertain of either typing.

Even the leading Jungian authors seem unable to agree on a correlation between the E-types and Jungian functions.

I mean yeah maybe what I said may sound authoritative and it's probably not. So I'm not really that bugged when someone is opposed and offers an alternative. But the first given where like 1 is like Si I'm like eh....... So I had to speak up lol.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't seen [MENTION=11928]Woaden[/MENTION] in a very long time and don't know what he currently types as but I think he is a quieter ENFJ 3w4 as well.

Hey [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION], thanks for the thought. :)

I haven't been on this forum because I've been living life and slowly learning more about myself. A lot of things has happened since I last came onto this forum, and I'm slowly "falling into myself", if you know what I mean.

I'd like to do a video sooner or later, to check in with everyone and myself. Till then, I have to secure the house to myself so I can opine in peace.

Now that I've kicked out a bunch of people in my life, I would hopefully have time for larger scale interactions such as on this forum. I'm looking forward to talking to all of you in the near future. :)

Till next we meet.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean yeah maybe what I said may sound authoritative and it's probably not. So I'm not really that bugged when someone is opposed and offers an alternative. But the first given where like 1 is like Si I'm like eh....... So I had to speak up lol.
I didn't mean to be combative there.

I could see auxiliary Si associated with 1, at least

As a 9, I can say I do not identify with dominant Si, but I can certainly see how people draw the conclusion that they are correlating types.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't mean to be combative there.

I could see auxiliary Si associated with 1, at least

Oh sure! Yeah definitely like the Te Dom types or really bossy Fe 1 and 2 are just extroverted judgment functions. They're only concerned about the outer world and making an impact. From an outsiders perspective.

3 is really hard to define because it's an inner drive to push one self. Although extroverted in orientation perhaps it's still very much very psychical.

4 and 5 are probably introverted perception types. Like 5 isn't really there to make a conclusion if anything it's only trying to know more and more. A lot of 4 is feeling but I see as 4 as also heavy impressionable like intuition it's kind of like oh what did I do? And then the guilt hits at an alarming feeling.

6 is crazy because there's 2 sides of the coin and every 6 is somewhat different than the other in differing degrees of phobicness and counterphobicness it's very ideological trust yourself trust no one to this is the thing that will solve my problems put my whole heart soul and mind into it. It's introverted judging at its finest.

7 is very extroverted perceiving. It's all about things outside yourself and the struggle to self control or internalize things are virtually not there.

8 again could always be mistaken for some angry Te guy but it's just trying to fight feelings of inferiority by trying to make ends meet in the external world so it's kind of like 3 in a way.

9 is weird too as they feel like I am all the types but all I want is calmness and peace and everyone to get along. This state of zen they try to focus. It's often called for Si because it's like once I'm in my happy place all is well, just as a Dom Si user loves ruminating in the past most often.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hmmm..some people around here have told me I'm an ESFP. And one person in the vent chat even said that I "act ENTP." Do they know me better than I know myself? :huh:

How you act is one thing, how you think and process the world is another. Ya there may be some similar veins between people of the same type but they're still their own individual, each with their own story and insecurities. All of that, isn't built into a personality type. You could still very much be an ESFP. Just figure out the typing more in depth and see if it still resonates with you then.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ: The People's ISFP

:ninja:

rmrf

Hypothetically, would an INFJ aspie appear to be very INTP in manner, but actually have a lot of Fe that they're just awkward at demonstrating, but is nonetheless there. My recent typing was inspired largely from taking a JCF view and I feel I associate more with the Ni-Ti apparatus than Ti-Si, I just happen to be (hopefully) reasonably good at articulating Ni based thoughts

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is my 6 phobic or counterphobic?? I haven't really looked into that stuff so I don't know how to tell.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is my 6 phobic or counterphobic?? I haven't really looked into that stuff so I don't know how to tell.

I would hedge my bets on phobic because you seem incredibly conflict averse and go with flow, never really desiring to rock the boat.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would hedge my bets on phobic because you seem incredibly conflict averse and go with flow, never really desiring to rock the boat.

Yes I would describe myself as being conflict avoidant. Is that basically what phobic means?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hypothetically, would an INFJ aspie appear to be very INTP in manner, but actually have a lot of Fe that they're just awkward at demonstrating, but is nonetheless there. My recent typing was inspired largely from taking a JCF view and I feel I associate more with the Ni-Ti apparatus than Ti-Si, I just happen to be (hopefully) reasonably good at articulating Ni based thoughts

Yes. INFJ can either come off like muted ENFJs or some sort of quiet T type, IME.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes I would describe myself as being conflict avoidant. Is that basically what phobic means?

Sixes tend to use two different methods of coping with their anxiety: a phobic response or a counterphobic response. Sixes who are more phobic often deal with their fears through a dependent stance. They are more aware of their anxiety and turn quickly to others, particularly authority figures, for support. They are more self-doubting and emotionally vulnerable and can resemble type Four. Phobic Sixes believe in keeping a low profile and not causing trouble, especially in those situations to which they have turned for security. They will often pursue a course of appeasement when conflicts arise, and like to stay within well-defined guidelines and procedures. Phobic Sixes are fearful that the people on whom they depend will abandon them. - See more at: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/the-loyalist-overview-of-type-six/#sthash.P10QSeSS.dpuf

The above passage really reminds me of you.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sixes tend to use two different methods of coping with their anxiety: a phobic response or a counterphobic response. Sixes who are more phobic often deal with their fears through a dependent stance. They are more aware of their anxiety and turn quickly to others, particularly authority figures, for support. They are more self-doubting and emotionally vulnerable and can resemble type Four. Phobic Sixes believe in keeping a low profile and not causing trouble, especially in those situations to which they have turned for security. They will often pursue a course of appeasement when conflicts arise, and like to stay within well-defined guidelines and procedures. Phobic Sixes are fearful that the people on whom they depend will abandon them. - See more at: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/the-loyalist-overview-of-type-six/#sthash.P10QSeSS.dpuf

The above passage really reminds me of you.

Makes sense to me! Thanks!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah you're totes phobic. So phobic I could call you Phoebe. Hehe. Jk my cute snail. Phoebe the snail actually sounds friendly. Be a light purple snail with always a little smile.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know if this is the right thread but...
TYPE ME Type Me type me

iirc i typed you as xntj based off of your questionnaire.

unfortunately, we do not interact often enough and when we do it's in delayed time or low-effort threads.

as such, i have no opinions. you are somewhat opaque. similar to smilephantomhive but her questionaire was more ixtj.