• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

MBTI Type
ENTP
If they feel extremely confident in what they are arguing- then yes.
Unless they become convinced by others' arguments, which wasn't the case with Blue Wing.

i get into arguments all the time... I usually either end up changing my opinion or, more likely, tearing my ample hair out.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
If they feel extremely confident in what they are arguing- then yes.
Unless they become convinced by others' arguments, which wasn't the case with Blue Wing.
o_O you're adding exceptions now.

So. . . an INTP will argue his or her point to "the very end" if they feel extremely confident and if they don't become convinced by "others'" arguments? I have discovered the opposite of that to be true. Regardless:

What the, will an INTJ do in that same situation?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I have to agree with Jen %100 on this. There's really no way she's anything other than an ENFJ. Most definitely Fe dom.
I always thought she was ESFJ.

Night also displays dominant Fe, not Te. I've always thought he was an INFJ. He's so 'proper'.

I'm probably the only member whose type cannot be disputed.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So Ps argue points to "the very end"?

When I argue, I argue til either the other person changes my mind or I've changed theirs. Sometimes I'll argue not to change the persons mind, or have them change my mind, but to try and get them to help me understand where they're coming from. I don't care about differences of opinion as long as I understand why.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
When I argue, I argue til either the other person changes my mind or I've changed theirs. Sometimes I'll argue not to change the persons mind, or have them change my mind, but to try and get them to help me understand where they're coming from. I don't care about differences of opinion as long as I understand why.
I don't think 'arguing to the very end' is relevant when it comes to type.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
entropie: any type that's not ENTP.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
BlueWing - defends rather than excavates.

INTJ

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'd say Blue Wing's case is that of an insecure Ti- he needs to be convinced that his Ti is valid and working.
That can make someone judgmental and 'argue to the very end'.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'd say Blue Wing's case is that of an insecure Ti- he needs to be convinced that his Ti is valid and working.
I see him as using Fi/Te, rather than Fe/Ti.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Yeah, you already made that argument and we moved forward from there.

Can you go back and answer my last post so we can move your theory forward a bit?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am starting to cotton to this INFP notion, again

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Also, let me add about myself, ISTPs are called "The Mechanics." I really never cared much at all for mechanics and the technicalities of how things work, just so long as they work I'm fine. ;)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Ps get more J as they become stressed, and Js more P...

That's my reasoning.

Also... it's possible for him to be INTP with underdeveloped Ne.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
What then, will an INTJ do in that same situation?

An INTJ would argue in a similar way.
You are right- what I said- doesn't prove he's INTP.
I'm just saying that BlueWing may really be the type he thinks he is.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Ps get more J as they become stressed, and Js more P...

That's my reasoning.
That doesn't make sense to me either. Can you give me an example so I may discover your point?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
That doesn't make sense to me either. Can you give me an example so I discover your point?

As Ps get more stressed, they start to show negative J characteristics, like being stubborn to a ridiculous extent, but the reason to believe so has no evidence, as a J would insist on, all they have supporting it is internal judgment. The rigidity isn't helping them... they get more into self-preservation, but they can't balance it adequately as a normal J would. That sort of thing.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
An INTJ would argue in a similar way.
You are right- what I said- doesn't prove he's INTP.
Boooo!

I wanted to argue this with you "to the very end" and then force you to use your evaluation criteria to discover what type I am based solely on my actions in this thread.

You have failed me!