• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MP.

You need to honestly check yourself.

You have explicitly taken numerous pot-shots at me in the past week.

This is true. I tried to be factual and honest in my last comment, not insulting, but it was criticism..

He has. You disagree because you don't like the outcome. You're attached to being a T.

I'm convinced that I'm a T. I don't like it because I think what he's saying is bullshit. A lot of you seem to forget that I was the first person on this forum to make topic questioning my type. I've already offered the possibility that I'm an F. This is not a hard concept for me to handle, it was that I've simply concluded it to be wrong after thinking about it for a good long while.

Because it's rigorous... yours was long... He doesn't misuse your words at all...

It was JUST long. As in, the length is one of the only things it can say for itself, and that doesn't amount to much.

Did you really even read his damn post? If you did, I'm guessing you were too aggravated or upset to pay enough attention to what he said.

Pointless rhetorical question, maybe just for annoying me or amusing yourself.

For the record, I never said I think you're INFP. I think you're INFJ.

Lots of INFJs confuse themselves for INTPs. Ask SH.

And I still disagree. I'm sure lots of INFJs do confuse themslevs for INTPs. I've seen all kinds of mix ups. It doesn't make me one.

EDIT: and he definitely did misuse my words. I've already well explained that. He made a case of "true" vs "right" where it didn't mean anything, and obviously didn't know what I meant by an intimate instinct, and so on.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is true. I tried to be factual and honest in my last comment, not insulting, but it was criticism..

I'm convinced that I'm a T. I don't like it because I think what he's saying is bullshit. A lot of you seem to forget that I was the first person on this forum to make topic questioning my type. I've already offered the possibility that I'm an F. This is not a hard concept for me to handle, it was that I've simply concluded it to be wrong after thinking about it for a good long while.
You know what's funny? If you're an F, and you prefer Feeling functions, then all that time you spent 'thinking about it' would likely have been time you spent FEELING about it, and continuing your attachment to being a T.

It was JUST long. As in, the length is one of the only things it can say for itself, and that doesn't amount to much.
No... it really wasn't JUST long. You're the only one who seems to think so, which rises suspicion: maybe you're not really analyzing it.

Pointless rhetorical question, maybe just for annoying me or amusing yourself.
No, it wasn't a rhetorical question. Skimming.... technically counts, but it doesn't really mean anything in the long run. Either you didn't read it, or you read it and colored it with an F lens.

What he said was spot on.

And I still disagree. I'm sure lots of INFJs do confuse themslevs for INTPs. I've seen all kinds of mix ups. It doesn't make me one.
True, but that's not what I said.

My point there was, that it's happened before.

I think it's happened again.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know what's funny? If you're an F, and you prefer Feeling functions, then all that time you spent 'thinking about it' would likely have been time you spent FEELING about it, and continuing your attachment to being a T.

Now this is an informal fallacy. You have just made it impossible for me to be right in your world of reasoning. If I ever disagree about being a Feeler, you can just say it's my silly Feelings getting in the way. It's inescapable! I will always be invalidated, because of something you claim about me, which I can't deny because you'll use that claim to invalidate me.

This is basically the No True Scotsman fallacy, which you might have heard mentioned around here lately. It's because both you and BlueWing seem to love it.

Edit: There might actually be some well-poisoning going on here, too. It's a common one-two punch.

No, it wasn't a rhetorical question. Skimming.... technically counts, but it doesn't really mean anything in the long run. Either you didn't read it, or you read it and colored it with an F lens.

No, I did more than skim it. Again, you pose the only alternative is that I'm not understanding because I must be an F. The same fallacy as before.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, here's what's interesting.

You and I have disagreed in several threads on several different topics recently, yet it has been *you* not I, who has taken to personally criticizing me, i.e. engaging in/committing an ad hominum abusive, rather than critiquing a perceived faulty point of view.

To be honest, both T's and F's do this, but I have been personally attacked mostly by INFJs (namely Kiddo and Peguy), and a few INTPs.

When engaging in any form of heated discussion or debate with you, I can't help but notice your positions to be firmly grounded in/on your feelings.

And by "feelings", I mean that you seem to be incredibly defensive and take neutral or relatively benign opinions/statements, personally.

I am guilty of this too, but then again, I am an NF! ;)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
And by "feelings", I mean that you seem to be incredibly defensive and take neutral or relatively benign opinions/statements, personally.

*thwaps you with a newspaper*

*thwaps self with newspaper three times*

Well, if it is any consolation to yee NFs, this sensitivity works both ways.

Feeling.. the thorn in my side, the flutter in my heart.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP

You and I have disagreed in several threads on several different topics recently, yet it has been *you* not I, who has taken to personally criticizing me, i.e. engaging in/committing an ad hominum abusive, rather than critiquing a perceived faulty point of view.

To be honest, both T's and F's do this, but I have been personally attacked mostly by INFJs (namely Kiddo), and a few INTPs.

When engaging in any form of heated discussion or debate with you, I can't help but notice your positions to be firmly grounded in/on your feelings.

First, let me summarize why I'm actually defending MP this time: Nothing I've read so far is remotely good evidence of MP being an "F".

What just kills me (at a thinking level, actually) is that suspicion was first raised about MP's type by bluewing, an obvious Te-prefferer. And now people have forgotten about questioning BW's obvious typing, and gone on to bother MP. And you know what kills me even more? MP's posts have a ton of Ti in them! And yet he's the one being questioned instead of BW.

And by the way, Kiddo is very obviously NOT an INFJ. He has one of the most obvious Fi-prefference of anyone on this forum--- a definate __FP type.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

To be honest, both T's and F's do this, but I have been personally attacked mostly by INFJs (namely Kiddo), and a few INTPs.

I think this is selective observation.

When comparing this to my life experience, I can't help but laugh in a "amazing how people give me no way out" sort of way. Again, I know that I can't prove this to you, but in personal life I've been subjected to criticism for being insensitive and detached, excessively analyitical and pedantic, and not being aggressive enough. So, facing this current subject here, is extraordinary.

Now I've already said many times, all over this forum, that I'm emotional here, than in normal life. Because, 1: there's safety in anonymity and distance, which allows me to let my guard down and experiment. 2: this forum is dedicated to a subject on which I feel that I'm in my element, and that I am dedicated to. I have found that Ts and Fs, Ps and Js alike, have a tendency to get pretty fierce when dealing with arguments over subjects that are important to them.

That being said, while admitting to being more emotional, I don't think I've been nearly as aggressive or presumptios as you say. Maybe I just coincidentally happened to do more of that lately, but I think I've been my normal, passive, open-ended self for most of my time on this forum.

Also, as another little note, CC, it seems like you tend to mistake my hypothetical propositions for things I actually believe, which might cause confusion. I have tendency to play devil's advocate for the sake of argument. Maybe you didn't realize that.

Last edited:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
based on my observations of others, thinking and feeling are not always obvious. considering our society, i would expect a "thinker" to recognize the advantages Fe has to offer, and, as nocap points out, feelers may be emotionally inclined to appear more logical for whatever reason.

it's in the source for decision-making, not appearances. thinking tends to refer to calculation of objective data, feeling... personal experience, instinct, who knows what else. that is the question to ask when determining whether a person is one or the other.

personally, i keep my logic to myself in day to day life. that's logical, after all. ;) <only weak, overly emotionally-expressive people use these, right?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I say we leave MP alone.

Having your apparent "essence" flayed by a group of would-be psychoanalysts has got to get irritating after awhile.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I say we leave MP alone.

Having your apparent "essence" flayed by a group of would-be psychoanalysts has got to get irritating after awhile.

Quit wasting time and tell me why I'm ESFP. ;)

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I say we leave MP alone.

Dude. Night is such an F. All caring about people's feelings and stuff. I know, riiiioght.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
And by the way, Kiddo is very obviously NOT an INFJ. He has one of the most obvious Fi-prefference of anyone on this forum--- a definate __FP type.
:shocking:

Perhaps I cannot see this because his Fi values are diametrically opposed to mine.