• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ya know, I'd have to argue that I am one of the most mistyped members here.

Sometimes people type me as "umlauu" or "ummlau" or "umlau" ...

It's really quite annoying.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

It's hard when people constantly mistake you for something you aren't.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

Ü?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
It could perhaps be spelled as :)umlau?

Thought you were just trying to succomb to your 9 influences, merge with the community, drop all pretenses- and somehow that just relates to a hip dawg nickname. Ü looks sort of too threatening for that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just call him umalaruaurua... or whatever my random fingers do that works.
People know who I mean.

á´…eparted

passages
What makes him seem more 3-like than, let's say, me, or Hard, or uumlau, or tbh even PeaceBaby? We all have extremely strong 3 fixes that sometimes overpower our core, to the point of (on the forum anyway) seeming more 3 than any other type.

IMO, 3 is the most difficult type to see online. I can't quite explain why, but it sort of hides, unless it is outwardly obvious. [MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION] is a 3, as is @Lataralus, and I agree with their typings, but unless I were told I wouldn't have guessed it easily (if at all). Same with [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION]. However after getting to know Showbread fairly well, I see her 3 type as more readily apparent.

That said, in person I think it is much easier. During the meet up you and I agreed that both of our 3 fixes were significantly easier to spot in person, to the point of overshadowing it in the right context. On the forums my 3 doesn't appear too strong (6 seems a lot stronger) but in person my 3 stands out FAR more. Because I'm a 1, I actively try and hide my 3 tendancies, since my core 1 regards them as a "problem". That's another matter though. I'm starting to notice that 1's are actually somewhat difficult to spot in person, unless it's in a work environment. In person, my 1-ness is pretty obvious, as is yours, but to someone who knew us lightly, I wonder if they'd guess it. I know several other 1's that it's not obvious. Maybe it's introversion? Anyway I am going off on a tangent.

Per the current discussion [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION], I think ENTJ is accurate and obvious. I guessed that rather quickly without your type being listed a long time ago. Enneagram less so. I am torn between 8 and 3. I actually see 3 as more likely, but this stems from the fact that I have seen you posture and self-pedastal very frequently (particularly in the past), often shamelessly, which is often regarded as a trait of 3's. Even so, I tend to think stereotypes as being unreliable for typing. Because of this, I lessen the likelyhood of 3 beyond what I actually see in the ways of signs of it. I don't think 8 is wrong, and if that is your type (which I regard it as such, as I don't doubt someones self type unless it's obviously wrong), but I don't readily nor often see signs of it. I recently have. 8's have this air of confidance that doesn't seem or appear intended, it simply is. With 3's, it's often easily see as put there intentionally (assuming they have it), albeit it's still genuine. I've seen you do both of those, which is part of the being torn.

Curious thing about enneagram is the individual is easier to type when they are less healthy.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
IMO, 3 is the most difficult type to see online. I can't quite explain why, but it sort of hides, unless it is outwardly obvious. [MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION] is a 3, as is @Lataralus, and I agree with their typings, but unless I were told I wouldn't have guessed it easily (if at all). Same with [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION]. However after getting to know Showbread fairly well, I see her 3 type as more readily apparent.

That said, in person I think it is much easier. During the meet up you and I agreed that both of our 3 fixes were significantly easier to spot in person, to the point of overshadowing it in the right context. On the forums my 3 doesn't appear too strong (6 seems a lot stronger) but in person my 3 stands out FAR more. Because I'm a 1, I actively try and hide my 3 tendancies, since my core 1 regards them as a "problem". That's another matter though. I'm starting to notice that 1's are actually somewhat difficult to spot in person, unless it's in a work environment. In person, my 1-ness is pretty obvious, as is yours, but to someone who knew us lightly, I wonder if they'd guess it. I know several other 1's that it's not obvious. Maybe it's introversion? Anyway I am going off on a tangent.

Per the current discussion [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION], I think ENTJ is accurate and obvious. I guessed that rather quickly without your type being listed a long time ago. Enneagram less so. I am torn between 8 and 3. I actually see 3 as more likely, but this stems from the fact that I have seen you posture and self-pedastal very frequently (particularly in the past), often shamelessly, which is often regarded as a trait of 3's. Even so, I tend to think stereotypes as being unreliable for typing. Because of this, I lessen the likelyhood of 3 beyond what I actually see in the ways of signs of it. I don't think 8 is wrong, and if that is your type (which I regard it as such, as I don't doubt someones self type unless it's obviously wrong), but I don't readily nor often see signs of it. I recently have. 8's have this air of confidance that doesn't seem or appear intended, it simply is. With 3's, it's often easily see as put there intentionally (assuming they have it), albeit it's still genuine. I've seen you do both of those, which is part of the being torn.

Curious thing about enneagram is the individual is easier to type when they are less healthy.

You see Disco as an ENTJ]? Like Palpatine or Daniel Plainview?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
IMO, 3 is the most difficult type to see online. I can't quite explain why, but it sort of hides, unless it is outwardly obvious.

Actually it's fairly obvious on Facebook. "Look at me! Look at me! See? I'm being a good person! I'm being socially acceptable!" And if that weren't enough, the Tony Robbins quotes would give it away.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The funny thing is that I briefly entertained the possibility I might be 3w4. Riight.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why does no-one believe me when I say I am mistyped?

Do you all have stuck up biases in your minds?

Intuitives can not give a shit about theories too...

Sensors can care more about theories than some so-called intuitives.

All I want is a fair typing without people saying "ESFP" WITHOUT a proper explaination. Everyone else here gets believed-- why not me? All I want is a simple, logical explaination as to why I am an type whatever with clear analysis and proof to back it up. Not hard, huh?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

All I want is a fair typing without people saying "ESFP" WITHOUT a proper explaination. Everyone else here gets believed-- why not me? All I want is a simple, logical explaination as to why I am an type whatever with clear analysis and proof to back it up. Not hard, huh?

I think you are an intuitive, not sure really on specifics- but I would guess an NT, and NTP further.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's not really true if you mean their typings are believed. People frequently question the accuracy of other members' types.
I agree with this. [MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION] The issue may be that many people (myself included) don't know you very well.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Welcome to the juble.