• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm neither concerned with my image nor aware of how to manipulate it in the first place (though this is 2 and 3, not 9. so this is neither a case for or against). what you see if what you get. period

He was probably more integrated to 3 idk. But yes, 9s don't manipulate images. I think [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]'s point was that they attach themselves to an image and then become that image. It's unconscious (like in 2s and 3s actually too; I don't think any heart type is going to consciously make the decision to manipulate their image because then that shatters their illusion of self-worth), and also more "merging" to provide them a sense of harmony than it is "manipulating."

- I scold people all the time for immoral behavior
- I used to bitch about politics constantly (no young 9w8 is that opinionated)
- my values are the source of my strength
- I control my anger far better than 9w8 (and, subsequently, repress it less). 9s are more "bottle up and explode" especially 9w8.
- I am FAR more self-righteous than a 9w8 (even a 9w8 fixer).

This doesn't really tell me that much tbh. :unsure: I know an ISTJ 1w9 and he's not very into politics, what's moral and immoral, etc. I know what he does care about is how efficiently things are running, I know that he's very hard on himself, and I know that he takes his responsibilities and duties very seriously. At the very least, what you wrote sounds more 1w2 than 1w9. But to me it sounds more like being F-dom. :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
He was probably more integrated to 3 idk. But yes, 9s don't manipulate images. I think @Starry's point was that they attach themselves to an image and then become that image. It's unconscious (like in 2s and 3s actually too; I don't think any heart type is going to consciously make the decision to manipulate their image because then that shatters their illusion of self-worth)
it's not conscious or unconscious. it's non-existent

and also more "merging" to provide them a sense of harmony than it is "manipulating."
I am pretty much the opposite of "merging". if anything, I'm a very "separating" individual

This doesn't really tell me that much tbh.
it tells you I couldn't care less about harmony when anymore moral is on the line

I know an ISTJ 1w9 and he's not very into politics, what's moral and immoral, etc.
I can believe the politics part, but an ISTJ 1 who doesn't care about what's moral? ....no

I know what he does care about is how efficiently things are running, I know that he's very hard on himself, and I know that he takes his responsibilities and duties very seriously. At the very least, what you wrote sounds more 1w2 than 1w9.
which makes it even further from 9

But to me it sounds more like being F-dom.
no, it isn't. it's Fi, so it can't be EFJ and it's far too externalized to be Fi dom.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
it's not conscious or unconscious. it's non-existent

Starry already explained in an earlier post, so I won't reiterate.

I am pretty much the opposite of "merging". if anything, I'm a very "separating" individual

This is a really vague statement. But I think any social-last might relate to the idea of separating more. :thinking:

it tells you I couldn't care less about harmony when anymore moral is on the line

*psst* IFP. :alttongue:

I can believe the politics part, but an ISTJ 1 who doesn't care about what's moral? ....no

You don't have to believe it. He gives himself strict standards to live up to, some of which are based on morals. But he's not doing around scolding other people for what he believes.

no, it isn't. it's Fi, so it can't be EFJ and it's far too externalized to be Fi dom.

EFJs can't scold people for immoral behavior, have strong political opinions, or draw strength from their values? :shock: Whatever, I'm kind of done discussing this matter anyway since I'm not going to change my mind. I wasn't (consciously) trying to change yours anyway but yeah there's some thought to chew on.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Starry already explained in an earlier post, so I won't reiterate.
my sentiments on everything which has been discussed thus far :p

you're welcome to continue bringing up points if you see fit, but virtually everything you've made a case for is either NTR or untrue to begin with.

Starry

my sentiments on everything which has been discussed thus far :p

you're welcome to continue bringing up points if you see fit, but virtually everything you've made a case for is either NTR or untrue to begin with.

Are you attempting to be a dick Elfboy...is that what you're doing here?

You know, I believe Chanaynay started this conversation because he actually cares about you... And yet your last 18 posts clearly demonstrate that you have absolutely no comprehension of what has been put forth to you in good faith. Nothing you've said in 'defense' of e7..has even remotely lined-up with the points Chanaynay and myself made...and so you either did not read...or are intellectually incapable of understanding the concepts.

Keep on spinning your identity Elfboy...you know...just like how e7s are known to do. Cause none of that makes you look unhealthy. None of it.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you attempting to be a dick Elfboy...is that what you're doing here?
no.

You know, I believe Chanaynay started this conversation because he actually cares about you...
I'm aware

And yet your last 18 posts clearly demonstrate that you have absolutely no comprehension of what has been put forth to you in good faith.
disagreement equates neither a lack of comprehension, ill will nor a projection there of

Nothing you've said in 'defense' of e7..has even remotely lined-up with the points Chanaynay and myself made...and so you either did not read...or are intellectually incapable of understanding the concepts.
I didn't say much to defend my being a 7. I mostly made points about how I am not a 9

Keep on spinning your identity Elfboy...you know...just like how e7s are known to do. Cause none of that makes you look unhealthy. None of it.
keep thinking I'm spinning an identity.

Starry

disagreement equates neither a lack of comprehension, ill will nor a projection there of

Trust me, your disagreement was already accounted for. I could have and should have told Chanaynay that this venture was pointless.

What I am saying is the content of your responses make it 100% obvious...that you didn't read or didn't get it. And I just feel bad that Chanaynay wasted his time.

keep thinking I'm spinning an identity.

It's a promise.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I remember the moments when it finally hit me...so very, very, very hard...that I was a 7. I mean, I was fairly certain at the time that I was a 6 and yet I kept being drawn to 7. Every time I completed another enneagram chapter on e6...there 7 would be...staring me down...laughing at me, pointing and talking behind my back to his friends (narcissistic asshole.) I was drawn in...only to be repelled though. No way was I perpetually storming into the future...barely scratching surfaces...distracting myself from pain...

But I'm really good at what I do. See it wasn't just me denying my deeply rooted fears...I mean we all are in denial about certain things that the people in our lives can see plain as day. <-Um no, a hazy form of denial wouldn't be "good enough" for me....a f---ing sx dom? No. I needed to absolutely convince myself... along with everyone that I had ever encountered and associated with...that I was deeply contemplative, emotionally present, and suffered quite profoundly right alongside the rest of humanity - hell I suffered more. Until that damn broke and I could suddenly see that everything I did was a distraction. My pain was a distraction from my pain (<-and thank god I turned out to be e7 and could put a positive spin on that experience because in truth...it was a real mind fuck.)
This is an interesting view of 7. Intense and insightful description, thanks for writing it. =)

I'm not participating in typing arguments, but I really enjoyed this description of your 7 revelation.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you think it is that you do that makes others think you spin an identity when you are actually not?

the fact that it's the internet. I'm not saying you can't read anything from someone online, but in the absence of body language and tonality, projection of intentions is very easy

Nicodemus

the fact that it's the internet. I'm not saying you can't read anything from someone online, but in the absence of body language and tonality, projection of intentions is very easy
I was under the impression you had talked with Chanaynay via Skype or something. There is also that video that you once posted. Projection is always part of understanding others, because we cannot actually look into someone else's head. But there does seem to be some behavioral pattern to your online (and perhaps even Skype/video) persona that makes it easy for others to misread you. My question still is: What do you think that is? Just your penchat for rattling the cage and a bit of online drama? As I recall, the threads you created for that purpose were usually about how you do things, what you think about people, how others have to deal with your opinions. I imagine you appreciate how that can lead one astray.

Starry

This is an interesting view of 7. Intense and insightful description, thanks for writing it. =)

I'm not participating in typing arguments, but I really enjoyed this description of your 7 revelation.

Thank you Animal - I appreciate that very much.

Starry

theplotthickens.jpg

That's right [MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION] we're bros now :yays:

Shall we get matching sweater vests?

Oh God. Starry wants me to disintegrate for her. But how could I possibly turn down the offer when Huxtable sweat vests are on the line? They're so tantalizing.

cosby2gif.gif

haha...I forgot to appreciate these posts...

Ginkgo - I really feel we need a TypoC Dr. Huxtable sweater contest... (the e2s agreed to organize that fyi)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yeah, no shit. And NO WAY is he an INFP.

What's interesting to me about [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is that he argues like my husband, an ESFP. I see a lot of Se plus tertiary Te action going on. It's a 'here is the evidence and why would you disagree with concrete facts?' pov. Neither dominant nor auxiliary Ne do that. XNFPs will present evidence, but the evidence is often a springboard to new ideas and possibilities, not the end-all-be-all.

I could see ESFP 9w8.

He has the ugliest posts on the forum.

They seriously offend my Se.

I don't see Se dom as likely.

Starry

I'm not too sure if she typed him as ISFP (I think she did though), but I know she said he looked like Keanu Reeves once and said something about how he's coincidentally also an ISFP 9w8. Funny how I remember that but not the other right? Me and my damn celebs. so/sx probs. :alttongue:

Oh whoops Chanaynay...I forgot to acknowledge/sign my name to/get behind this...

While I believe Elfboy is a clear Fi dom...I definitely lean towards Se over Ne as in ISFP (I actually think he tests this way in socionics? I believe I read that but don't know for certain.)

One of the things I've noticed in the ISFP 9w8 (specifically sx dominance)...is that sense of being disconnected from their instincts is felt hard and often causes the individual to respond in an exaggerated fashion (that they are completely oblivious to it seems.) Elfboy appears to be exaggerating his aggressive qualities.

My ex...it's funny to me that you mentioned that Keanu Reeves comment. Yes, I remember making that comparison with Elfboy haha but I swear I had not considered his type. What's even more interesting to me is 'Keanu Reeves' could sum up the image of my ex and I hadn't made that connection either. My ex unknowingly fortified his sexuality as opposed to his (non-existent) aggressive traits (although he was into motorcycles and European cars too?) The way he moved...the way he looked at a person like they were the only human alive... it was dangerous for me being with him as wherever we went all the females hated me. To this day he will walk into a public or social setting and within a half hour all the females are obsessed <-I'm really not exaggerating here. And he would look at me when we were together like "I don't understand...???" And I'd be like "omg you totally just did that." haha.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was under the impression you had talked with Chanaynay via Skype or something. There is also that video that you once posted. Projection is always part of understanding others, because we cannot actually look into someone else's head. But there does seem to be some behavioral pattern to your online (and perhaps even Skype/video) persona that makes it easy for others to misread you. My question still is: What do you think that is? Just your penchat for rattling the cage and a bit of online drama?
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] thinks I'm a 9 cuz I'm less bouncy than his hyperactive, goofy ass :tongue: (that's not an insult btw lol)
try asking [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION] or [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]. they have a better idea of my personality most of the time

As I recall, the threads you created for that purpose were usually about how you do things, what you think about people, how others have to deal with your opinions.
yeah, because I'm egotistical/narcissistic (and more than likely a little immature lol)

I imagine you appreciate how that can lead one astray.
not really, no. putting up an image is about manipulation/deception, not overtly saying "this is what I think" "this is how I feel" "this is who I am"

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] I have always thought of you as a 7 for sure.

I don't type people online "with certainty" - even though I know you well compared to most people I've met online. To be sure of someone's type, I'd need to know them for many many years, in different situations, etc. I just work better with body language and other parts of a person rather than just what they say on forums or skype. But for what it's worth , from what I know of theory and your behavior on forum and in private and so forth.. you'd have my 7w6 vote. :p I think youre a 7, but if you thought you werent' a 7 and wanted to reassess, I would not be looking in the direction of 9 first.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

Yes, I have a very good understanding of your personality.

bohemian

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4?
Not to be rude but I never realized how little I knew about the MBTI until now....And forgive me but a part of me wonders what would (if it has not already been done yet) others type me as but since I only have a few post its probably impossible to and another part of me wonders with ll respect if this is too harsh? Sorry I am not trying to be a troll or insulting the thread.

Alea_iacta_est

Not to be rude but I never realized how little I knew about the MBTI until now....And forgive me but a part of me wonders what would (if it has not already been done yet) others type me as but since I only have a few post its probably impossible to and another part of me wonders with ll respect if this is too harsh? Sorry I am not trying to be a troll or insulting the thread.

10 Posts?

Yeah, you are going to need a questionnaire or something. There is one on PerC that a lot of people use here.