• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Magic ISTJ ?
wa ?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
MP, don't hate me, but you do seem kind of F-ish to me.

:peepwall:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Magic ISTJ ?
wa ?

Not serious.

I am serious when I say that I don't think even for one second that Magic is a T.

Intuitive probably, but definitely not T.

Even captainchick agrees.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not serious.

I am serious when I say that I don't think even for one second that Magic is a T.

Intuitive probably, but definitely not T.

Even captainchick agrees.

k
i was an INTJ for a long while, ya know

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are absolutely right that mature thinkers have more control over their emotions than immature thinkers.

However, we should ask, what happens when a Thinker looses control of his emotions?

In our traditional wisdom we hold that it is usually the woman who is the overly emotional and spins out of control when she has a fit. This is a classical immature Feeler act. Going wild with emotions altogether.

How do immature thinkers behave in relationships with such women? They often are verbally and physically abusive, under the delusion they are being calm and deliberate. They dont entirely loose control. They just let their feelings get the best of them. If you were to ask them why they abused their ex, they'd have a rationale of some kind, when its clear their passions got the best of them.

Yet, if you ask a Feeler or the aforementioned woman, she probably would say she only felt this way.

It is indeed that the case that both the former and the latter loose control over their emotions. The difference between the two is that the former is implicit about this, whilst the latter explicit.

Magic, as a Feeler states, 'I am disgusted'. When I'd feel disgusted or any profoundly negative passion, my reaction could often be depicted as 'temper tantrums encased in intellectual language' as one of my ENFP acquaintances depicted this. The more immature I used to be, the more loss of control I've epxerienced that you described. Yet, make no mistake about it. This is different from the Feeler's loss of control in the regard that it is subtle with pretentions to be purely intellectual, in the case of the latter it is explicit.

I've made this point in my first post.
Except you misread Magic. He wasn't actually disgusted, he was frustrated. He wasn't making a concise statement of his emotional state, he was just lashing out.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Except you misread Magic. He wasn't actually disgusted, he was frustrated. He wasn't making a concise statement of his emotional state, he was just lashing out.

Yes, he was acting like a Feeler.

It should be noted further in response to your claim, that a mature Thinker is in control of his emotions better because he has more direct access to his Feelings. He supresses them less because he knows better how to deal with them.

A mature Thinker may choose to react like a Feeler for some strange reason since he has a capability of using this function fluently. Hence, if Magic was a 19 year old Thinker, he would not have been 'just lashing out', as you describe. His emotional reaction would of been subtle. Not explicit.

I have misread magic and he was not actually disgusted? He directly states, 'I am disgusted', how could there have been a more explicit of a value judgment than this?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So Bluewing thinks Magic is an INFJ or INFP?

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I'd be amazed if you are ISTJ. It's not for any great "intuitive" reason (either by me, or visible in you) but simply because you are nothing like the confirmed three ISTJs I know IRL. It just feels... alien.

Thanks Geoff. . . although I suspect that whole post was actually a veiled insult. :dry:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Captain obvious here, stating that BlueWing is fucking hardcore.

Thank goodness his posts aren't part of a structured class, 'cause there's no way in hell I'd pass the quiz...

On that note, BW- Can you make use of the QUOTE tags in your posts when quoting others? (e.g. not only when you're replying to an actual post, but when you're composing one which references text from another person) It makes things a bit more readable.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Seems to be pretty common around these parts to type people we don't like as SJ.

Agreed. Although I like learning more about myself, so if there is an honest outside perspective, I'm willing to ponder it.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Seems to be pretty common around these parts to type people we don't like as SJ.
Maybe. But when I do it, I'm serious. Plus, there's no one on the sites that I don't "like." They're mostly just internet persona's, and I won't profess to like or dislike someone unless I actually know them or come to the realization that the persona IS the person.

I don't purposely mistype people. I do, however, phrase things as a tease when I know someone is one type while they want/think they are another.

I mean, this IS an MBTI site and I don't want people to live a lie.

MBTI. . . Serious business!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, I'm back.

And having actually looked at the whole posts, I'm not enthused. Correcting all of this is going to be like untangling a slinky.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay... I've decided that the best approach will be for me to respond in a general way, rather than attempting to reply point by point to BlueWing's... shall we call it, thesis. I imagine that anyone that's interested my opinion on this will appreciate the comparative clearness, simplicity, and brevity.

I'd also like to note that I'm doing this in multitple posts.

First post:

I can clean out a large part of BlueWing's argument rather quickly. Every point based on my vocabulary is irrelavent.

That I happened to say "right" instead of "true", or you use a would like "disgusted" is very little to do with my point, or my rationale, in any given situation. So do most of his comments about my form. Plain and simply, vocabulary and style don't have anything to do with type. If they did, it sure would be easier to figure out what type authors, huh? Unfortunately, we can't just open book, read few pages, and figure out if the author is ISTP or ENTJ, because, these things have nothing to do with type.

I have here, an entry from a Thesaurus.

Main Entry: right
Part of Speech: adjective
Synonyms: accurate, advantageous, appropriate, auspicious, condign, consistent, correct, deontic, dexter, dextral, dextrorse, equitable, ethical, favorable, fortunate, honest, inalienable, just, kosher, lawful, legitimate, opportune, orthodox, proper, reasonable, relevant, rightful, seemly, suitable, timely, true

Would you look at that? Right and True are synonyms. That's just one example, but I think I need to show more. You get the picture. If BlueWing continues to make a point of this wording, then he will be guilty of the fallacy of equivocation, as he would be deceptive about the intended meaning of words that have multiple denoted meanings.

I'm just getting started. There will be more.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's another one.

Emotional expression does not make someone a Feeler. For the a millionth time on this forum, F and T don't have much to do with superificial emotions. F and T regard the kind of rationale we use for making value judgement.

Someone could, in fact, make a Thinking style value judgement while expressing a great deal of emotion, and someone can just as well make a Feeling style value judgement while expressing no emotion.

Now, to address those situations where I dealt with Captain Chick's argument with BlueWing, Digestthesickness and discussing psychology, and Kiddo's farewell respectively.

My expression of feeling type values to reason with others is not necessarily indicative of the notion that I believe those values are the strongest reasons. Surely, BlueWing, you have heard of the appeal to Pathos. This habit of mine is indeed a LEARNED habit. I was just explaining earlier today that years ago I was substantially less in touch with feelings, my own and others. I opened up to them more because I found that being disconnected from Feelings is extremely problematic. You have experienced first hand what happens when you try to persuade people, especially Feelers, without actually appealing to feelings yourself. It goes horribly, almost every time. I'm a utilitarian, I like getting results, so I look for ways to get them. So, on that note, I'd say it was actually rather logical for me to start understanding and utilizing Feelings.

In the case of my discussion with digestthesickness, your misenterpretation was very simple. You made it sound like I was expressing my epistemological opinion on what the truth was, but I was not. I was explaining a common psychological tendency for human beings attempting to handle inconvenient truths. I didn't believe that it was an accurate description of what the truth actually is. Quite the contrary, I was describing what I considered a minor and common form of psychosis. I concede, I may have been unclear by simply saying "people" when I should have more frequently specified that I only meant "most people".

As for Kiddo's farewell, I was in fact using feeling based persuasion to achieve mostly feeling driven ends. Oh the humanity.

I hardly think, such a regularly human level of feeling based concern, gaurantees that I'm over the border and officially a "Feeler". What would you have me do? Act like Dr. Spock? The whole topic was an entirely personal one. There was very little logical debate to be had. It wouldn't have made practical sense for me to enter the topic babbling like a computer.

Never the less, there are even practical, I say logical reasons for that. It's problematic to have people heavily disrespecting and attacking other people, so I try to stop it. It's also rational to secure ones own standings in a community by making feeling based contributions.

Here's another one.

Emotional expression does not make someone a Feeler. For the a millionth time on this forum, F and T don't have much to do with superificial emotions. F and T regard the kind of rationale we use for making value judgement.

Someone could, in fact, make a Thinking style value judgement while expressing a great deal of emotion, and someone can just as well make a Feeling style value judgement while expressing no emotion.

Now, to address those situations where I dealt with Captain Chick's argument with BlueWing, Digestthesickness and discussing psychology, and Kiddo's farewell respectively.

My expression of feeling type values to reason with others is not necessarily indicative of the notion that I believe those values are the strongest reasons. Surely, BlueWing, you have heard of the appeal to Pathos. This habit of mine is indeed a LEARNED habit. I was just explaining earlier today that years ago I was substantially less in touch with feelings, my own and others. I opened up to them more because I found that being disconnected from Feelings is extremely problematic. You have experienced first hand what happens when you try to persuade people, especially Feelers, without actually appealing to feelings yourself. It goes horribly, almost every time. I'm a utilitarian, I like getting results, so I look for ways to get them. So, on that note, I'd say it was actually rather logical for me to start understanding and utilizing Feelings.

In most of the instances you point out, it was logical to understand and utilize feelings. Yes... it was logical to understand and utilize feelings. This bares its repeating. Think about that very carefully, because you need to.

A big problem for you, BlueWing, is that you don't understand two valuable facts about Feeling. 1: the point I already made about it not having to do with superficial emotional expression. And 2: That its presence does not compromise Thinking in any way. Feeling based judgment, and Thinking based Judgment, can be used in a perfectly compatible, non-dichotomous way. I would have thougth someone that stud the cognitive processes so much would know these things.