• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Lark

Bears.

Beets.

Battlestar Gallactica.

Have you considered ExFJ? You don't come across as Te, more Fe.

Well they are typed as INTJ, which I think could be correct, I've thought about this and concluded that the E interacts with the T and J in a way that can appear like pronounced feeling, usually of a bad some, ie vexed and pissed off all the time, angry and despairing type.

I'm more comfortable with thinking rather than feeling and probably do it more, I intellectualise questions others settle with gut reactions, I'm a little bit jealous of some feelers I've read about who're mystics or musicians, artists or the like because they do have experience of the world which is pretty divergent from mine.

My personal litmus test is whether or not my opinions of certain key things change under the influence of feelings I have about others or if they dont change whether I feel positively or negatively about them, generally they dont. To be honest, and this is something I told the boss, I think its useful if it makes people think about what makes them tick and to begin to reflect, its not a hard science and there's different interpretations which can be made of the different cognitive sets.

G

garbage

To be honest, and this is something I told the boss, I think its useful if it makes people think about what makes them tick and to begin to reflect, its not a hard science and there's different interpretations which can be made of the different cognitive sets.
This is my standpoint--the main takeaways are the general impressions such as getting us to think about what makes people tick.

Moreover, because of those different interpretations (MBTI, Jung, Berens, Kiersey, Lenore, etc.), one man's "ISTJ" is another man's "organized and punctual ISTP" or somesuch.

I can at least partially peg myself under individual systems--but as a whole? The stars just don't align. While I'm still continually interested in how I come across--I've heard INFJ, ENFJ, ENFP, ENTP--it seems as though people make their assessments from a variety of different standpoints that can't be reconciled. I'd list a definite type if it didn't mean vastly different things to different people.

Thus, I'm ignostic with respect to type until we all figure out what the hell we're talking about first, because we're not clarifying our understanding of others when we chase various ADD-addled rabbits down holes and can't trace our way back to the origin of the problem.

Lark

This is my standpoint--the main takeaways are the general impressions such as getting us to think about what makes people tick.

Moreover, because of those different interpretations (MBTI, Jung, Berens, Kiersey, Lenore, etc.), one man's "ISTJ" is another man's "organized and punctual ISTP" or somesuch.
I can at least partially peg myself under individual systems--but as a whole? The stars just don't align. While I'm still continually interested in how I come across--I've heard INFJ, ENFJ, ENFP, ENTP--it seems as though people make their assessments from a variety of different standpoints that can't be reconciled. I'd list a definite type if it didn't mean vastly different things to different people.

Thus, I'm ignostic with respect to type until we all figure out what the hell we're talking about first, because we're not clarifying our understanding of others when we chase various ADD-addled rabbits down holes and can't trace our way back to the origin of the problem.

That's the best way of putting it to be honest.

I know that when most people respond to someone saying they are ENTJ its a reaction to it being defined as a leadership type there's a whole supeiror-inferior thing which intrudes upon it which shouldnt.

Then there's specific definitions of a type which are then linked to recent context, which itself is interpreted in a particular or specific way, so you could have someone say "well you behaved this or that way with your ex-girlfriend" which is not "true to type" but how they have interpreted context, ie girlfriend interaction, is subjective and linked to the definition how they see fit.

Makind, more rationalising than rational.

A

Anew Leaf

Well they are typed as INTJ, which I think could be correct, I've thought about this and concluded that the E interacts with the T and J in a way that can appear like pronounced feeling, usually of a bad some, ie vexed and pissed off all the time, angry and despairing type.

I'm more comfortable with thinking rather than feeling and probably do it more, I intellectualise questions others settle with gut reactions, I'm a little bit jealous of some feelers I've read about who're mystics or musicians, artists or the like because they do have experience of the world which is pretty divergent from mine.

My personal litmus test is whether or not my opinions of certain key things change under the influence of feelings I have about others or if they dont change whether I feel positively or negatively about them, generally they dont. To be honest, and this is something I told the boss, I think its useful if it makes people think about what makes them tick and to begin to reflect, its not a hard science and there's different interpretations which can be made of the different cognitive sets.

Ehhhh, that's not how Te works in Te-doms. However, I am not Te-dom so perhaps some actually te-doms can voice their opinion if they so choose to.

I just never get that Te objective vibe from your posts. I don't mean this in a bad way; it's just that I don't see evidence to support this hypothesis.

I know that when most people respond to someone saying they are ENTJ its a reaction to it being defined as a leadership type there's a whole supeiror-inferior thing which intrudes upon it which shouldnt.

I think most people respond to the innate sense of leadership that many Te-dom types, especially ENTJ, exude like other types exude sweat.

W

WALMART

- Lark's MBTI Analysis Commencing -

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

*boop*

ESTJ.

You are objective, but objective directly against previous experience. Your methods of collecting information are perhaps where your insights come from, hence Ne instead of Ni. Ne is tertiary in your function stacking though, because I see a drive towards some sort of growth. I think auxiliary judgers/inferior perceivers are more 'set in their ways'.​

Lark

Ehhhh, that's not how Te works in Te-doms. However, I am not Te-dom so perhaps some actually te-doms can voice their opinion if they so choose to.

I just never get that Te objective vibe from your posts. I don't mean this in a bad way; it's just that I don't see evidence to support this hypothesis.

I think most people respond to the innate sense of leadership that many Te-dom types, especially ENTJ, exude like other types exude sweat.

It all depends on how you read the posts, I know there's plenty of people who think that my posting on certain topics, like homosexuality, are feeling reactions or phobic, which I think is much more to do with how those arguments or ideas are standardly articulated in their own context than what I am typing. I've written about that before, so when I hear people say that my posts are a result of feelings or being feelings dominant I tend see it as a reflection of that.

There's always the possibility that this is a rationalisation, its not my view, although it is a possible view.

I'm not sure how Te dom works in your understanding of what that is because you failed to state it. I know how feeling works in friends who self-identify as feelers on a pretty consistent basis and its not how I am, most of the time I think its mores the pity because they are pretty special people who're exemplars of a rich inner life and profoundity in external relationships. Thinking has its advantages too, from the reading I have done my habitual thought patterns are the kind of thing people undertake CBT reading, training or counselling to deliberately develop.

A

Anew Leaf

It all depends on how you read the posts, I know there's plenty of people who think that my posting on certain topics, like homosexuality, are feeling reactions or phobic, which I think is much more to do with how those arguments or ideas are standardly articulated in their own context than what I am typing. I've written about that before, so when I hear people say that my posts are a result of feelings or being feelings dominant I tend see it as a reflection of that.

There's always the possibility that this is a rationalisation, its not my view, although it is a possible view.

I'm not sure how Te dom works in your understanding of what that is because you failed to state it. I know how feeling works in friends who self-identify as feelers on a pretty consistent basis and its not how I am, most of the time I think its mores the pity because they are pretty special people who're exemplars of a rich inner life and profoundity in external relationships. Thinking has its advantages too, from the reading I have done my habitual thought patterns are the kind of thing people undertake CBT reading, training or counselling to deliberately develop.

I don't think it depends on how others read your posts at all. To me, Te is very cut and dry and hard to misinterpret based on that fact. I don't look at where your opinions lay on certain topics, I look at how you communicate them to others. You get upset because people don't agree with you.

For me the Te-Fi spectrum is about mixing facts with personal opinion with a desire to inform, not necessarily influence. There is more of an emphasis on personal truth.

I don't see that with you ever, most especially with your threads on hot topics.

It's not a bad thing, if you aren't a T, Lark. It just isn't who you actually are. I am leaning more towards ESFJ actually.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think this is a apt and kinda lovely illustration of the use of Fe/Ti.

It's not a bad thing, if you aren't a T, Lark. It just isn't who you actually are. I am leaning more towards ESFJ actually.

Seconded.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll see if I can be of any help. :)
That used to be one of the elements of ExTJ type descriptions that I didn't relate to. But then I realized that people who think highly of me, think that I lead by example, in everything I do. Confidence, assertiveness, perpetual certainty, and self-assuredness -- things that Te-doms exude 24/7, whether they want to or not -- tend to register as "leadership" to others.
Like Te fueled by Fi?
The bolded sounds like Te to me. Less the actual statement, than the implication that it's either a gut reaction or it's logic. That separation of thinking and feeling resonates with me, as it's how I tend to view my own feelings and my own use of Fi. Fi comes up out of nowhere, right when you think you're being perfectly logical, and it feels like a gut reaction, like your id showing itself, even though that's not what it is at all.

Though some of this could be confirmation bias, on my part... because:
Makind, more rationalising than rational.
^ QFT

Edit:
I think this is a apt and kinda lovely illustration of the use of Fe/Ti.
I'll trust you on this one. I don't know a lot about Fe, after all. :shrug:

Lark

I don't think it depends on how others read your posts at all. To me, Te is very cut and dry and hard to misinterpret based on that fact. I don't look at where your opinions lay on certain topics, I look at how you communicate them to others. You get upset because people don't agree with you.

For me the Te-Fi spectrum is about mixing facts with personal opinion with a desire to inform, not necessarily influence. There is more of an emphasis on personal truth.

I don't see that with you ever, most especially with your threads on hot topics.

:laugh:

Yeah, I get that. Not the ESFJ thing, there's other reasons I wouldnt say that I'm S.

Anyway, the upset thing and agreement thing, it does bother me that certain opinions prevail because I think those opinions are objectively mistaken and that has consequences. I dont really need agreement from anyone and I'm generally pleased anytime people agree to disagree, I think that's healthy and everyone is entitled to their opinions, even when they are wrong. They'll say the same about my opinions but that's fine too, its only when people try to interfer with my opinion or compell me to adopt their opinions that I really get bothered by it.

It is interesting what you say about informing vs. influencing, however, I would suggest that personal truth, as opposed to concerns with objective or universal truth, is a product of a feeling trait.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The bolded sounds like Te to me. Less the actual statement, than the implication that it's either a gut reaction or it's logic. That separation of thinking and feeling resonates with me, as it's how I tend to view my own feelings and my own use of Fi. Fi comes up out of nowhere, right when you think you're being perfectly logical, and it feels like a gut reaction, like your id showing itself, even though that's not what it is at all.

See, the dichotomy that he mentioned didn't resonate for me whatsoever. The opposition in ENTJs is more along the lines of gut reaction (Te-Se) and controlled, deliberate implementation (Te-Ni). It's never an emotional call. Also, the subtle denigration of "gut reactions" screams Si to me. Namely, because for all that I know that my "gut reactions" aren't always the best considered, there's a thrill and a naturalness to them. I've never in my life felt superior to someone for seeing them following Se.

No, Te-Ni snobbery is firmly rooted in Fi. ENTJs could give a fuck about what other people think or what they're up to, frankly, because we're so utterly engrossed by our own wonderfulness and fantabulousness. We're not out to educate the masses cause other people, as a rule, don't even register most of the time. We're perfectly content to leave that shit to the EFJ crowd.

A

Anew Leaf

:laugh:

Yeah, I get that. Not the ESFJ thing, there's other reasons I wouldnt say that I'm S.

Anyway, the upset thing and agreement thing, it does bother me that certain opinions prevail because I think those opinions are objectively mistaken and that has consequences. I dont really need agreement from anyone and I'm generally pleased anytime people agree to disagree, I think that's healthy and everyone is entitled to their opinions, even when they are wrong. They'll say the same about my opinions but that's fine too, its only when people try to interfer with my opinion or compell me to adopt their opinions that I really get bothered by it.

It is interesting what you say about informing vs. influencing, however, I would suggest that personal truth, as opposed to concerns with objective or universal truth, is a product of a feeling trait.

It's called Fi. It either arrives as the younger or older sibling to Te.

Can you expand on why you don't think you are S?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
What have I said for a while now? Lark is ESFJ, and Saturned is ENFP. I'm right, case closed.:alttongue:

Lark

I'll see if I can be of any help. :)

That used to be one of the elements of ExTJ type descriptions that I didn't relate to. But then I realized that people who think highly of me, think that I lead by example, in everything I do. Confidence, assertiveness, perpetual certainty, and self-assuredness -- things that Te-doms exude 24/7, whether they want to or not -- tend to register as "leadership" to others.

Like Te fueled by Fi?

Though some of this could be confirmation bias, on my part... because:

^ QFT

Edit:

I'll trust you on this one. I don't know a lot about Fe, after all. :shrug:

I dont understand a lot of the MBTI lingo which people are using Te vs. Fi or Te fuelled by Fi etc. My reading of MBTI is not that extensive and given what people have said about the string of different authors writing on MBTI I'm not surprised that I dont know that.

I do think that affect is more powerful than thinking, mankind has had animal consciouness for much longer than it has had human consciousness and it has a lot of legacies and exacts a great control still, especially were culture is on the wane and I think it is one of the greatest counters to the more basic or beast like drives. Its part of the reason I think psychoanalysis has more to offer than CBT.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=9913]wheelchairdoug[/MENTION] is istp
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] is infp

that's it for now

Lark

It's called Fi. It either arrives as the younger or older sibling to Te.

Can you expand on why you don't think you are S?

Its to do with my sort of awareness, as I understand it a sensor would be spatially aware to the extent that they could list the shops or sorts of buildings that they pass on the way to their workplace, whereas a intuitive would be more likely to pass a builiding they'd passed all along and say "wow, never saw that before" kind of thing.

By that measure I'm definitely in the intuitive camp, why do you think I'm S? Or is it more to do with the discription of the ESFJ type fitting me as you know me from my posts?