• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Think you know a person from their online persona better than they know themselves? Think they've answered the majority of the questions inaccurately when they took their online MBTI test?

Be nice! This is meant to be fun! (I also promise not to get my panties in a wad if someone happens to say they think I am mistyped!)

I'll start.

Wolf: Scored INTJ but I sometimes think he's more like an ISTJ.

Xander: Scored INTP but seems more like ENTP but he's English so who can really say! ;P

Xander: INTJ
Athenian: INFP
Bluewing: INTJ
Nottoopopular: INFP
Kiddo: ISFP? INFP?

Notice how all the one's I can think of are self-identified Ti-Fe and I'm guessing Fi-Te. As a friend of a friend says (and I totally agree from experience with this forum) internet discussions are mostly a Te-Fi activity

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Night plays wildcat too well to be an INTJ, I'ma go INFJ on that one. :D

Your comparison is very kind, Ivy.

Truth be told, Wildcat is significantly smarter than I am. He and Hilbertspace are among the strongest minds I've ever encountered.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I think maybe I come across as more P on the forums, in the way that I post, but I think in real life more of the J shines through. :shrug:

I can relate a lot in the portrait description of an ISTP though. I think I'm just pretty balanced with my J/P. One of the main indicators that you guys are probably semi-right with labeling me as a P would be that I don't feel as rigid with rules and regulations as a hardcore STJ might be. While I do feel a need to maintain order and ensure people are doing the right thing, I often question authority that's bestowed on me. I often question its relevance and a lot of times the motives of those trying to enforce it on me. Also, ISTPs are said to not like to be held down and they like to get out. They don't want to sit behind a desk. I've never wanted a desk job and don't think I could bare one for an extended period of time.

It's almost like my P/J are battling for dominance. What shall win?

Maybe I'm just a person and not a Pokemon after all. :ninja:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
After talking to Athenian, I don't think she can be ISTJ -- far too much Ti, no Te at all. I'd guess ISFJ before ISTJ, and really, that doesn't seem evident to me, either.

And I really do think that BlueWing's an INTP.

alicia91

While I do feel a need to maintain order and ensure people are doing the right thing, I often question authority that's bestowed on me. I often question its relevance and a lot of times the motives of those trying to enforce it on me.

You could very well be an ISTP. They are Chart-the-Course too (as is ISTJ) and actually are more systematic than many realize.

Generally speaking I think many people on this forum as S, only a few are really abstract and truly intuitive - at least that's how they come across on this forum. But then there's that bias that N is related to intelligence and being 'different' that many buy into.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Only thing is I've always scored ISTJ on any test I've taken. I think I got INTJ once.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Now, Night, why do you think that? :huh:

Do you have actual observations, or are you just driving home the old joke? :)
What are you. . . married to her or something!?

Jennifer = INfP
Edahn = eNfP
Economica = IsTJ
Notta = INTp
Bluewing = INTJ
Wolf = ISTJ
Athenian = ISTJ
Mac = INFP
raincrow = INTj
Geoff = INfp
Ivy = INfj

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Generally speaking I think many people on this forum as S, only a few are really abstract and truly intuitive - at least that's how they come across on this forum. But then there's that bias that N is related to intelligence and being 'different' that many buy into.

There is a strong N bias on many of the personality tests.
I remember when I got people in my fraternity to take the MBTI that there was a high portion of N's.
Both me and my INFJ friend agreed that many were actually S's but many were quickly convinced S fit better after reading the profiles.
At the end, we agreed on a 2:1 S/N ratio.
All of them are intelligent and enjoy ideas but are more practical than imaginative.. concrete than abstract.. etc.

If that's true here- they are probably S's in denial.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Substitute, Nemo, and Samuel de Mazarin are all ENTPs.
There are a few others on the board, I think.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why is Blue an INTJ?

I do admit his recent 'argument' seems a bit like an unhealthy INTJ but before that I could see no evidence pointing to him being an INTJ. He still seems to me like a very unhappy P.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think Blue is an INTP.
I can relate to his thought process- dominant Ti.
If a Ti thinks that his or her analysis is valid, he or she will argue his or her point to the very end.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
If they feel extremely confident in what they are arguing- then yes.
Unless they become convinced by others' arguments, which wasn't the case with Blue Wing.