• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

N

NPcomplete

Okay, you've convinced me for now.

Part of why I've tended to be so resistant towards sp-dominance, is that almost every single description I read tends to emphasize physical and material well-being, in either a pseudo-agoraphobic sense or a 50's housewife sense -- neither of which I relate to. But I do relate to the description that I've just read, that compares Sp-dom Ones to Sixes:

This is the kind of thing that I relate to: things that threaten my survival in the abstract sense, e.g. avoiding unnecessary stress, trying to maintain my mental health. Although I'm very, very serious about eating 3 meals a day -- a trait I share with Sp-dom [MENTION=6465]thealchemist[/MENTION]. :yes:

So... if anyone has any objections to my re-typing as sp/so...?

Haha I don't relate to the housewife-esque descriptions at all either but trying to avoid mistakes (aka planning for the worst case scenario) and avoiding unnecessary stress (or drama, as I tend to call those events...), yes totally. And of course, meals are important as well to me. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Luckily, my parents raised me right and I don't suck at life, so I'm not a very unhealthy person in terms of typology. I don't use women sexually, or any of the other stuff written in the quoted text... I don't really relate to that post. What I do relate to is the healthy and average type 8 descriptions.
that was more a description of pathological tendencies than a healthy/unhealthy description, a "landscape" if you will. Naranjo's work is designed to show people their type by reveals the darkest corners of each of the 9 types, and whichever makes you uncomfortable (even defensive in many instances) is likely your type. the main reason I don't think you're an 8 is that you seem far too in touch with your emotions and display no difficulty in areas pertaining to relationships, as well as having clear superego influence and being highly service oriented. neither do I see the sith-like tendencies of viewing people as a means to an end, lust for power at the expense of others ("casualties") or getting a rush from intense conflict. overall, your thoughts just seem too...people oriented. 8's natural landscape is Darwinian, emotionally dead (when you view the world as a dog-eat-dog jungle, it tends to make you lose your sense of awe and other "childish ideas") and desensitized.
most descriptions of 8 tend to focus too much on the external traits, ie, confidence, independence, freedom etc (traits that could easily apply to, say, a healthy 7 or 6) and don't really get to the core of the distortion that is type 8 (the enneagram is a lens that clouds one's view of reality and a complex system of ego defenses and neurosis)
overall, I have trouble seeing you as an average range 8 (certainly not an unhealthy 8). if you are an 8, you would have to be integrated to the point where your fixation was not externally noticeable at all.
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]
Naranjo dives into the deepest, darkest aspects of each type. he is describing the 1 fixation rather than people who are type 1s. when ones are overtaken by their ego fixation and their view of reality is highly distorted, they are indeed as he describes (even as a 1 fixer, I've been guilty of all the neurosis you listed at some point in my life lol)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
that was more a description of pathological tendencies than a healthy/unhealthy description, a "landscape" if you will. Naranjo's work is designed to show people their type by reveals the darkest corners of each of the 9 types, and whichever makes you uncomfortable (even defensive in many instances) is likely your type.

I've seen other descriptions of unhealthy reaches of 8s and the posted just seems.. far, far too out there. There was a thread (that I believe you started actually) where I went into some details about unhealthy aspects of the typical 8 that emerge in daily life that make the healthy 8 not as heroic, selfless, and amazing as the healthy descriptions posted in that thread were making it. There's a balance to it.. The typical 'unhealthy' person still functions in society, but has mild aspects of this sort of behavior.. The description itself is just too extreme for me to take seriously. It sort of feels like someone saying, "If you haven't tried to kill someone in rage you're not really an 8!!" which just sounds ridiculous.

the main reason I don't think you're an 8 is that you seem far too in touch with your emotions and display no difficulty in areas pertaining to relationships, as well as having clear superego influence and being highly service oriented.

I am very in touch with my emotions.. Partially because my religion pushes me to do this... Partially because I am a feeler.. but most of it has to do with my upbringing. I grew up around 3 women that are very emotional, volatile, and easily upset and hurt if you say and do the wrong thing. Learning how to interact with them was essential for me. I had my father to fall back on since he, like me, requires very little emotionally from people, but it is still important to be in touch with one's emotions.

Also, growing up means knowing and understanding them. You cannot control something you don't understand. It was essential for me to know *why* I was getting angry.. the sources of anger, or sadness, or happiness, because I did not like people influencing those things. I wanted to decide when to feel those things, instead of letting others make those decisions for me. It's why I keep a level head and don't go off the deep end in rage when something happens at my job. Not to say people never make me angry, but I grabbed a decent grip on it at an early age.

I do have many difficulties with relationships.. I just tend not to post them here. My service orientation came from early training as a soldier. I was a very different girl before then.

neither do I see the sith-like tendencies of viewing people as a means to an end, lust for power at the expense of others ("casualties") or getting a rush from intense conflict. overall, your thoughts just seem too...people oriented. 8's natural landscape is Darwinian, emotionally dead (when you view the world as a dog-eat-dog jungle, it tends to make you lose your sense of awe and other "childish ideas") and desensitized.

Obviously I wouldn't be a very healthy person if I saw people as a means to an end. I recognize the times where people, and relationships, benefit me to have and continue or benefit me more to tolerate even if I wish to end them then.

And well.. I am child like in nature. Always have been, and always will be. I cannot function in life as an emotionally dead person. I am apathetic to things people find odd--like going to war or putting my life in danger--but overall being an apathetic person brings with it no joy. It is hard to be truly happy and apathetic as well. There is more of a calm in apathy that I just cannot tolerate. I want too much out of life, and I have too many ambitions, to deal with simple calm and quiet.

most descriptions of 8 tend to focus too much on the external traits, ie, confidence, independence, freedom etc (traits that could easily apply to, say, a healthy 7 or 6) and don't really get to the core of the distortion that is type 8 (the enneagram is a lens that clouds one's view of reality and a complex system of ego defenses and neurosis)
overall, I have trouble seeing you as an average range 8 (certainly not an unhealthy 8). if you are an 8, you would have to be integrated to the point where your fixation was not externally noticeable at all.

The enneagram highlights the motives and motivations in life.. Which colors one's view of reality. I agree that it tends to focus on more superficial notions of that, since confidence is easier to for people to recognize than deeper traits within themselves.

But it isn't a matter of 'if'..I know what I am. The description is one I cannot take seriously.. It might as well be telling me, "Oh, and you'll kill your mother and have sex with your father.. :shrug: I swear I didn't steal that from a play either.."

I don't really highlight my downfalls anywhere, certainly not here. Those are personal, and mine.. I sometimes feel it suitable to write darker aspects of myself, but I don't really try to draw attention to them. They're private things.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]
well, whatever type you are, it would be interesting if you posted a video. your personality is quite multifaceted

The enneagram highlights the motives and motivations in life.. Which colors one's view of reality. I agree that it tends to focus on more superficial notions of that, since confidence is easier to for people to recognize than deeper traits within themselves.
you have this backwards. the distorted perception of reality influences the motivations and fears, not the other way around.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]
well, whatever type you are, it would be interesting if you posted a video. your personality is quite multifaceted

you have this backwards. the distorted perception of reality influences the motivations and fears, not the other way around.

So far as I can see, you cannot have one without the other, so it doesn't really matter the order you say them in. You take a test on enneagram based on your motivators because those are easily identified.. and those motivators reveal your perceptions on life. They put color to the identity and paint the picture, but you identify all of this through motivators because these are the things you come in contact with on a daily basis. "Who am I" is a harder question to work with than "I like this", so working backwards is sort of always essential in these topics. Working backwards is still working. I've never heard a math teacher yell at me for working with the answer to get to the question.

What sort of video should I post? I posted one long ago, but have since taken it down.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So far as I can see, you cannot have one without the other, so it doesn't really matter the order you say them in. You take a test on enneagram based on your motivators because those are easily identified.. and those motivators reveal your perceptions on life. They put color to the identity and paint the picture, but you identify all of this through motivators because these are the things you come in contact with on a daily basis. "Who am I" is a harder question to work with than "I like this", so working backwards is sort of always essential in these topics. Working backwards is still working. I've never heard a math teacher yell at me for working with the answer to get to the question.
I guess my view of the enneagram is a little more...severe. for the most part, I view them as 9 tendencies toward different mental disorders that take a great deal of self awareness, work and willingness to face one's demons in order to free one's self from. that said, they do have some positive side effects but the bulk of what they are is a set of mental traps/pit falls and destructive patterns

What sort of video should I post? I posted one long ago, but have since taken it down.
whatever you want :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Post a video answering bologna's questions! His question set is great for justifying the type that you're certain about, as opposed to helping other people type you.

(Of course, I'm biased, because I just recorded a video answering those a week or so ago. :))

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I guess my view of the enneagram is a little more...severe. for the most part, I view them as 9 tendencies toward different mental disorders that take a great deal of self awareness, work and willingness to face one's demons in order to free one's self from. that said, they do have some positive side effects but the bulk of what they are is a set of mental traps/pit falls and destructive patterns

whatever you want :D

Why so serious? :c

:laugh: I suppose I'll find something to answer in video form and post it then. [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]: Brilliant! :yesss:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], just to update: I think my heart fix is likely 3w4 instead of 3w2, now that I've read more descriptions. I had thought that 3w2 was more about projecting an image of being benevolent and protecting those you care about, but the descriptions suggest that I was wrong; 3w2 seems to make more of an effort to act out a role, and to "play themselves" as if on a stage. Trying to blow everyone's minds, "dazzle" them -- which is not something I relate to all that much.

Whereas 3w4...
May be slightly less image-conscious or project an image that is more implicit and subtle. 4 wing brings a degree of introversion. May measure themselves more by their creations, artistic or social. Tend to compete with themselves first more than with other people. High side brings the motivation and ability to work on oneself. May accomplish everything they set out to do materially, then embark on a path of self-analysis. Artistic explorations or teaching possible. Will still like a challenge, but thoughtful, intuitive or humanistic concerns of prime interest. The low side of this wing can bring a haunted, self-tormented quality or a haughty, competitive pretentiousness. Might be snobs or accuse critics of being too plebian to appreciate them. Cool, hard shell. In private, can lapse into Fourish self-questioning and melodrama. Instability and moodiness can be factors. Unrealistic grandiosity.
The bolded especially. The second bolded, I almost facepalmed at IRL because of how accurate it was. :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]
come to think of it, 3w4 fits you much better than 3w2. I think you are correctly typed as 1w2>7w6>3w4 Sp/So (the double Id 1 :devil:)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

3 and 7 are both Id types (the assertive, also known as Id, triad consists of 3, 7 and 8). Id types are driven by desire, instinct and acquisition and are ruthless in the defense of their boundaries and ambitions

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know, [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION], the fact that you seem to have so much hostility to feeling and judgement about it being weakness suggests you might be suppressing and denying it in yourself. Maybe you're a feeler and you don't know it. You could be INFJ too. ;)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know, [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION], the fact that you seem to have so much hostility to feeling and judgement about it being weakness suggests you might be suppressing and denying it in yourself. Maybe you're a feeler and you don't know it. You could be INFJ too. ;)

I'm flattered you want me on your side so badly, but sadly my arrogant and perhaps falsely self proclaimed INTJ independence demands I seek no compromise on this matter. At least we can both type, whether accurately or not as Ni dominants. I must admit though that your typing judgment for yourself seems to have more in its favor than mine does.

So have you decided on an enneagram yet? Perhaps you could be a 5w4 or a 9w1 as well as sx/sp I would guess, of course as always I could be wrong.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
3 and 7 are both Id types (the assertive, also known as Id, triad consists of 3, 7 and 8). Id types are driven by desire, instinct and acquisition and are ruthless in the defense of their boundaries and ambitions
Oh, ok! That explains why I'm probably as (externally) chill as an ESTJ 1w2 could possibly be. :laugh:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm flattered you want me on your side so badly, but sadly my arrogant and perhaps falsely self proclaimed INTJ independence demands I seek no compromise on this matter. At least we can both type, whether accurately or not as Ni dominants. I must admit though that your typing judgment for yourself seems to have more in its favor than mine does.

So have you decided on an enneagram yet? Perhaps you could be a 5w4 or a 9w1 as well as sx/sp I would guess, of course as always I could be wrong.

Just throwing it out there.

No, I haven't decided on an enneagram. I'm way more evenly split in that system, so that's saying something. I can see something of myself in every number. The ones I originally thought I definitely wasn't now seem to fit me almost as well as the others. So who knows. Just probably not 8. I will leave it entirely up to the community to guess what e-type I am, if anyone feels so inclined. All I know is sx; so and sp are seemingly equal as well. My first instinct is to say 5w4, but I could be totally wrong. I could have motivations underneath knowledge. It's true that my feelings are often based on things which aren't true, which suggests that the deepest part of my unconscious doesn't care about knowledge at all and just wants to belong somewhere.

W

WALMART

[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]

Is the function order in your signature a current opinion?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]

Is the function order in your signature a current opinion?

Um...I guess I'm thinking Ni > Ti; but it's based on averaging the results from my two CF tests.
(Yes, I did that. In a very meticulous fashion. Because I have fun with such things.)

I'll think about redoing it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Oh, ok! That explains why I'm probably as (externally) chill as an ESTJ 1w2 could possibly be. :laugh:

Let go off the demand to control your environment and change into a dom Fi. You know it will be lonely at the top in the end :)