• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The question that remains is: how can one at all type other people ? Given the mbti test is a test of preference that would mean if you would type someone else, you'ld dictate what that persons preferences are. But that can only be known by the person in question.

I'ld be careful with typing other people. The scientific rational background of such an action is more than questionable.

Preferences don't just lie inside your head, they do come out and play sometimes you know :)

You can also tell someone what you prefer, just like you would when you order a coffee. Some people just aren't familiar enough with the menu to really know what they prefer, maybe they're yet to develop a solid preference (mainly applies to younger people of course), and that's where they need to be left be to explore it.

I think this thread needs to be taken less seriously. In fact, Entropie, you're an INTJ and you always have been, an INTJ with Fi, Se and Ne... yeah... uhh... NERD!!!

*RUNS AWAY*

:peepwall:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Preferences don't just lie inside your head, they do come out and play sometimes you know :)

You can also tell someone what you prefer, just like you would when you order a coffee. Some people just aren't familiar enough with the menu to really know what they prefer, maybe they're yet to develop a solid preference (mainly applies to younger people of course), and that's where they need to be left be to explore it.

I think this thread needs to be taken less seriously. In fact, Entropie, you're an INTJ and you always have been, an INTJ with Fi, Se and Ne... yeah... uhh... NERD!!!

*RUNS AWAY*

:peepwall:

:) Hehe maybe you are right. The truly really sad thing is that I am a failure according to my own theory, cause I never score anything different than entj or intj on mbti tests, still have bravely ignored that for almost 4 years :/

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, you are of course right. I am concerned in such a situation (intp example) a bit more with the general picture. if a guy who is totally a feeler does present himself as an intp, I dont know if it helps him if you type him "right", cause it seems as if he would have other problems. In that moment you cant really tell what his true self is; according to his present actions he seems like a feeler, but it could very well be his situation ( problems in self-reflection ) that make him an unbalanced intp who acts out from his 4th function.
Perhaps yes. We could be playing with quite a number of possibilities and trying to harmonise information perceived to try and make it work. But as inconsistencies ensue the credibility of the perceptions of the other start to become skewed.

Imo the idealized nature of mbti is that everyone can type him-/ or herself in the end. And that nobody should force a type onto another, cause that is in direct violation with the intention of mbti ( a test of preference ). If you have an intp like you described him, of course you need to show him that his behaviour contradicts with his supposed personality type, but a person like that would have other deeper conflicts that need to be resolved. And just by posting in the mistyped thread: this and that person doesnt behave like its proposed in pattern A, I dont know if thats a real help or doesnt on the contrary make things worse.

I mean that just as a thought to keep in mind.
I would expect mbti to be used in the manner of understanding other individuals so that one is able to properly communicate with other people of different mbti types based on what patterns you identify those people with. Otherwise, it is learning about yourself and how you are different to others in more introspective terms which may only influence certain areas of directing your possibilites towards the advantage. Quite therapeutic. But yes, you're right. We may not have the right to pinpoint types on other people if they do not identify with it significantly.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I would expect mbti to be used in the manner of understanding other individuals so that one is able to properly communicate with other people of different mbti types based on what patterns you identify those people with. Otherwise, it is learning about yourself and how you are different to others in more introspective terms which may only influence certain areas of directing your possibilites towards the advantage. Quite therapeutic. But yes, you're right. We may not have the right to pinpoint types on other people if they do not identify with it significantly.

Yea I can agree with you on that.

the thoughts I had here right now, basically go back to the thoughts of my gf. No matter how hard I tried, she has found zero and lesser than zero fascination or motivation towards mbti and she doesnt like it, even finds it psychologically dangerous, cause it could make you live in a dream reality. Even when I told her, aint we all to some extent living dream realities, doesnt matter from where we draw our basis ? And even that she denied, cause she said that reality is formed and created by the people living it and that your personality should be formed thru this people, who enable you to reflect yourself and you shouldnt live after some kind of rolemodel.

She is a headstrong infp and has marvellous people skills, she literally looks some person in the face and next second tells you about what he needs and what he wants. Its like she can read minds at times. I am the complete opposite, I cant interpret Jack into what people are thinking and on a regulary basis miss to empathise with other peoples feelings which were made obvious. To me mbti was and is a huge relief and it gave me the ability to develop some trust into my limited people abilities at all. So I guess it always depends on the viewpoint. I just know, if it hadnt been for mbti, I'ld still be a person nowadays, full of self-doubt, societal-insecurities and reservedness so I wouldnt make any mistakes.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yea I can agree with you on that.

the thoughts I had here right now, basically go back to the thoughts of my gf. No matter how hard I tried, she has found zero and lesser than zero fascination or motivation towards mbti and she doesnt like it, even finds it psychologically dangerous, cause it could make you live in a dream reality. Even when I told her, aint we all to some extent living dream realities, doesnt matter from where we draw our basis ? And even that she denied, cause she said that reality is formed and created by the people living it and that your personality should be formed thru this people, who enable you to reflect yourself and you shouldnt live after some kind of rolemodel.

She is a headstrong infp and has marvellous people skills, she literally looks some person in the face and next second tells you about what he needs and what he wants. Its like she can read minds at times. I am the complete opposite, I cant interpret Jack into what people are thinking and on a regulary basis miss to empathise with other peoples feelings which were made obvious. To me mbti was and is a huge relief and it gave me the ability to develop some trust into my limited people abilities at all. So I guess it always depends on the viewpoint. I just know, if it hadnt been for mbti, I'ld still be a person nowadays, full of self-doubt, societal-insecurities and reservedness so I wouldnt make any mistakes.
I see. Indeed it works as a categorisation system of your mind and how you would perceive in difference to others. I believe the problem mainly occurs with the thought believing others think in a similar manner. Of course, with the understanding of other individuals naturally it becomes unneeded and simply a written document to the side of what one already perceives naturally.

R

Riva

WTH was Saturned bitching about anyway? She's typing everyone else left and right "with certain accuracy" while barely knowing some of them (like me), insisting that because someone's possible use of a function doesn't click with her use of it, the person doesn't have it. She's got a right to her opinion, but hey, it's fair game for people to dish it back to her in return. Big fucking deal.

EDIT: anyway, sounds like you're all laying this to rest, so w/e, it's not my concern hereafter.

What a reaction!
An ENTP would know that an ENTP would not react the way you just did and do.
And thus we conclude that mrcockburn is not and never was an ENTP.

Also,

ESFJs don't overkill.

R

Riva

I've a few typologycentral individuals in mind I believe may possibly be mistyped however it is also possible my perceptions may fall to inaccuracy at times.

Oaky do you not ever doubt my type?
I shower you do I not with Fe?
Analyse me Oaky, bring out that Ni dragon and burn me alive.

KDude

You didn't ask, but I don't doubt your type one bit.

Also, why the hell were you ISFJ once?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Me either. The ENTP read seems to be the clearest type read in this thread.
(Look at him always stirring things up, for kicks...)

I believe Saturned's comment meant "end of discussion", good sir. :yes: Her post was not about the little details, like whether she claimed you were an expert or not. It was about general trends. You just got Te/Si-bitchslapped and didn't even know it!

I'm still kind of confused over when an INP finally digs in and says, "I'm done, see ya," and the EP still sees it as an invitation to keep talking.

Types are so funny sometimes.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've not doubted your type yet. If you wish me to do so I may try but I am not compelled to do so because the doubt is not there. I also do not think you are an FJ.

R

Riva

Also, why the hell were you ISFJ once?

Ah... to misguide to make people think twice and truly analyse. Thus the ISFJ.
Or maybe I made the change just or in jest.

:)

Ti, Ne, Si, Fe
All scrambled up!!

Did you not once believe I was an xNFP? :)
What made you change your mind?
My enneagram type is a genuine mystery.
You could help me type that :).

An ENTP does not kick. He pokes, he pulls, he pushes and he pisses.
You have so much to learn about MBTI ;).

:ninja:

I've not doubted your type yet. If you wish me to do so I may try but I am not compelled to do so because the doubt is not there. I also do not think you are an FJ.

You could help me guess my enneagram type.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

So.. you can ban him from publicly questioning his type again right? (It's making those of us with genuine typing difficulties look bad :tongue: )

I'm still kind of confused over when an INP finally digs in and says, "I'm done, see ya," and the EP still sees it as an invitation to keep talking.

Types are so funny sometimes.

:yes: For the EP, if there is something interesting to respond to, it has to be responded to.... it really is almost impossible just to let go and not say anything at all back, ime.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah... to misguide to make people think twice and truly analyse. Thus the ISFJ.
Or maybe I made the change just or in jest.

:)

Did you not once believe I was an xNFP? :)
What made you change your mind?
My enneagram type is a genuine mystery.
You could help me type that :).

I was just pointing out that you may just have scrambled your functions- and, not really on the NFP, that was the "type the above member" thread. I can't really tell. No clue on your enneagram. What do you think? If I had to take a big blind wack then I would guess 7 because I see a more fun and upbeat personality than your regular NT 5's and 6's around here.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So.. you can ban him from publicly questioning his type again right? (It's making those of us with genuine typing difficulties look bad :tongue: )

Ha. Yes. He gives the perpetually wishy-washy a bad name! :)

:yes: For the EP, if there is something interesting to respond to, it has to be responded to.... it really is almost impossible just to let go and not say anything at all back, ime.

:) Maybe that's a way we can determine between EP and IP?

I noticed that with [MENTION=634]Oberon[/MENTION] -- we were close friends IRL, and I seemed very capable and even inclined to just withdraw and stop talking when I decided the conversation wouldn't improve, whereas he couldn't seem to ever stop regardless. If it was there, he had to poke at it. :)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think this thread is best used when you offer a new perspective to people you consider your friends...this way the message is usually more flattering (''oh he remembered me, I must be somehow important to him :bananachamp:'') than insulting (''holy crap, after all this time she still couldn't figure her own type'' :wacko:)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What a reaction!
An ENTP would know that an ENTP would not react the way you just did and do.
And thus we conclude that mrcockburn is not and never was an ENTP.

Also,

ESFJs don't overkill.

I see what you did there. But I'll play along- pray tell what "type" of reaction?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All 4's don't necessarily have to be the "f*** the world" variety. :laugh:

No one said a 4 is at that extreme either. I said to look at other 4w5s precisely because most around these parts are not "woe is me" emo drama queens.

But the type is certainly not defined by a bubbly, upbeat attitude either, whether average or healthy. The healthy 4 is gracious and empathetic, sure, but still a far cry from an effervescent, hyper-positive demeanor. With a 5 wing, that is especially ludicrous. The 5 wing makes the 4 distant.

If people within types can very soooo much that they defy the very definitions of their supposed type, then what is the point of types & defining them to begin with?

That is rhetorical, BTW. And this post is not about anyone's type, but just pointing out that the "everyone is different" argument is ludicrous when talking about types. Types are about classifying people according to shared, defining personality traits.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

hmm if that is an indicator for ep, i am no ep. cause i have discovered the pleasure to wait for a response in the right moment to cause max damage :D