• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, I was actually a dick in school and a control freak. Better now though. I chock it up to Fi perfectionism.

I was never a dick though, that's where Fe comes in. Iron fist, velvet glove.

And I thought perfectionism was a Si or Te thing. I was never a perfectionist - as long as it was DONE and satisfactory, I was happy.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm also leaning away from Ne because Si goes with it. That is, by far, my worst function.

But does having difficulties with a function mean that you do not possess it?

P.S. I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm just trying to throw another idea in there.

A

Anew Leaf

Is it your first instinct though? Because my natural response is to approach people in a formal, reserved, efficient way. And even at school, during group projects, first thing I did was get things under control and find a way to get it done. The ESFPs were always much more personable and laid-back. And I'm a stickler for planning things out and adhering to deadlines, another reason I think I'm an NFJ of some sort.

except for the how you explain your use of Fe.

Either you siphon all of your baby Se into this website and here it exists in a vacuum... or you are an Se-dom of some sort ;).

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
except for the how you explain your use of Fe.

Either you siphon all of your baby Se into this website and here it exists in a vacuum... or you are an Se-dom of some sort ;).

One could argue relief function. That would indicate ENXJ.

Well, I don't know. Again, I'm just throwing ideas into the bonfire.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was never a dick though, that's where Fe comes in. Iron fist, velvet glove.

And I thought perfectionism was a Si or Te thing. I was never a perfectionist - as long as it was DONE and satisfactory, I was happy.

I think perfectionism can be associate with any of the introverted functions, judging or perceiving. Motivations vary, but things always have to be just so. Michael Jackson, for instance, was a raging perfectionist, and that was pure Fi, baby.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think perfectionism can be associate with any of the introverted functions, judging or perceiving. Motivations vary, but things always have to be just so. Michael Jackson, for instance, was a raging perfectionist, and that was pure Fi, baby.

That was pure trauma, baby. From what I heard, his father beat him as a kid if he didn't perform perfectly.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION] : I do see Fe in you, I just think it's subordinate to Ti. So xxTP. My guess (sorry if you're tired of seeing this) is ESTP.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION] : I do see Fe in you, I just think it's subordinate to Ti. So xxTP. My guess (sorry if you're tired of seeing this) is ESTP.

True about the Ti. Ironically, I think that's why I struggle so much in my accounting major - I *need* to make logical sense out of every single stupid rule they feed us, and when I notice inconsistencies for which there are no explanations, I rip my hair out and apparently, a few brain cells in the process, as evidenced by my exam scores. :peepwall:

Yeah, if it's that obvious that I'm ESTP and it fits my 2 rules (not an SJ, and I don't use Fi), then I guess I can't keep running from it. :laugh:

EDIT: wait a second, who are you? I've never seen you before. :thelook:

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
True about the Ti. Ironically, I think that's why I struggle so much in my accounting major - I *need* to make logical sense out of every single stupid rule they feed us, and when I notice inconsistencies for which there are no explanations, I rip my hair out and apparently, a few brain cells in the process, as evidenced by my exam scores. :peepwall:

Yeah, if it's that obvious that I'm ESTP and it fits my 2 rules (not an SJ, and I don't use Fi), then I guess I can't keep running from it. :laugh:

I can sympathize (though I have different majors) with having to make sense of what they say. There is a tendency, I think, for professors/TAs to assume we want to just memorize the material, so they think explanations aren't necessary. I have seen other students memorize contradictory information without issue. I don't know how they do it, and I can't see how they are actually learning anything...

I had my username changed recently; I used to go by penny89... if you remember me. If you don't, then ... :shrug: ;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION]
ESTP 7w8 So/Sx

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

You're supposed to iron out those inconsistencies with experience. The tutorials they release are really just more lecture notes in disguise.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My crude definition of Fe is people skills and approaching people in a way that psychologically makes them want to become your allies later on. Professional success is largely determined by people skills and your ability to network.
If that's Fe, then it's Fe used as a tool by Ti. Actually, this post has me convinced that you're an ESTP. :yes:
Excellent :devil:

Actually, I wouldn't say that it's obvious that you're ESTP specifically, but it's obvious that you are NOT AN INFJ!!! Not at all. Not even remotely!!

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can sympathize (though I have different majors) with having to make sense of what they say. There is a tendency, I think, for professors/TAs to assume we want to just memorize the material, so they think explanations aren't necessary. I have seen other students memorize contradictory information without issue. I don't know how they do it, and I can't see how they are actually learning anything...

I had my username changed recently; I used to go by penny89... if you remember me. If you don't, then ... :shrug: ;)

Well, I know who you are now at least. :wink:

wait, I do vaguely remember you. You people and your name changing! :azdaja:

[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION]
ESTP 7w8 So/Sx

oOoOoOo I got a complimentary enneagram and instinct typing! :happy2: Why 7w8? :thelook:

If that's Fe, then it's Fe used as a tool by Ti. Actually, this post has me convinced that you're an ESTP. :yes:

Excellent :devil:

Actually, I wouldn't say that it's obvious that you're ESTP specifically, but it's obvious that you are NOT AN INFJ!!! Not at all. Not even remotely!!

Didn't you type me as ExFJ before? :bored:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:shock: Did I??

If I did, I have no memory of doing it -- and I must have done it because I didn't know you as well. Or just because I was coloring inside the lines. :laugh:

OMG [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] has BLUE HAIR!!!!!! And a tattoo. Nope, she's gotta be eXFP. And I think we should switch types.

EDIT: Yes, that was a joke.
:laugh: I figured! Especially since you know what I look like irl -- i.e. nothing like my avatar. Although I've always wished I could pull off, if not blue hair, then blue streaks in my hair. If they were thin streaks, maybe? Because big chunks of dyed curly hair just end up making people look like the Bride of Frankenstein. :laugh:

And even with my blue hair, I'd still be less Ne-crazy than you. :yes: Don't deny.
(It'd still be fun to switch types though :))

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I know who you are now at least. :wink:
wait, I do vaguely remember you. You people and your name changing! :azdaja:
oOoOoOo I got a complimentary enneagram and instinct typing! :happy2: Why 7w8? :thelook:

- 3w4s are a little more low key and upper crust. you're come off as more "screw it where's the party at? :D " like a 7w8
- I think So/Sx as opposed to So/Sp because your perverted sex of humor leads me to believe you are at least somewhat sexual
these are both just guesses though