• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Metis

Oh.

FWIW, I'm in love with both Edahn and Bluewing. And Bluewing totally exudes Ne. You have to listen with a lover's ear.

Just kidding.

Ok, enough of this.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh.

FWIW, I'm in love with both Edahn and Bluewing. And Bluewing totally exudes Ne. You have to listen with a lover's ear.

Just kidding.

Ok, enough of this.
Who are you?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
lol. asserting it 20 more times will surely seal the deal.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
lol. asserting it 20 more times will surely seal the deal.
lol? Edahn knows me well enough to seriously consider what I'm saying. I'm not interested in convincing you.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
but that's not how type is defined. night seems to derive feeling from the outer world. look at what happens when he's involved in disagreements -- he makes sure there's resolution right away, he never leaves it up in the air. it's almost compulsive. an Fi user wouldn't care as much about fixing a disagreement, because their opinion is consciously validated by their internal state. when night sees an external feeling state he doesn't like, he changes it. totally Fe.

he does seem slightly uncomfortable with Fe, but that's because the Ni/Ti axis is safer.

Night's Fe seems to be a bit formal to me, making me think it's learned rather than natural.

I also don't think Night is INFJ. I think he is INTJ with developing feeling. Night just "feels" more Fi than Fe. Things like his avatar choices. Everytime he gets a new avatar I am thinking "wow, great avatar!" because they speak directly to my Fi.

Night could either be an INTJ or INFJ. Like Wedekit (INFJ), he plays both sides well enough, despite the majority of his actions appearing to stem from Ti and Fe. The only roadblock is that there's probably a whole lot more than meets the eye to Night and therefore, he can't be accurately typed by someone who doesn't know how he process things. Is his Fe learned? Why is he motivated to use it? What influenced his view on Fe? He once said he started out as an INFJ, but could it be a mistype? And what was his reason for thinking he was an NF? How does he define an INFJ from an INTJ? Te from Fe? Etc.

We have some very intelligent members here.

Ti primary
Fe secondary
Te tertiary

Behold.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
2 days and nearly 300 replies. People really do love discussing themselves and analyzing others. Who'd have thunk it. ;)

The verdict is out. Night, INTJ. He's just too level headed to be any other type. :smile:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
The verdict is out. Night, INTJ. He's just too level headed to be any other type. :smile:

You are far too kind, Jen.

NFs really are my favorite people.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
So I'm an ENTP or an INTJ???

Well I guess that's an improvement (in accuracy) from ENFP :dont:

It's amazing how complex people's analysis goes.. to me anyhow. Personally I find little to disagree with on other's types.

I note that Wildcat has drawn much analysis.. I'd still stick with INTP for him. I'm not sure of his "true" preferences but his style definitely fits the INTP paradigm.

What is odd is how much question INTPs types tend to come under. I have to wonder what sort of divergance people see. After all isn't the primary schtick of an INTP an obsession with questions? (Says he asking a question :rofl1: )

I'd love to see how people think they've managed to re-analyse people's types and come up with some of these answers...

As for Night... I think I'll stick to my original analysis and say INTJ too. Perhaps not the a-typical kind of INTJ but one never the less.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Xander - ENTP

Highly theoretical without needless closure

You should post more often.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Xander - ENTP

Highly theoretical without needless closure

You should post more often.
:rofl1: If I were an extrovert then surely I'd post less often as my bubbly personal life would just over-ride the whole internet thing :D

Oh :doh: hang on it does... damn.

Okay so closure (I'll find a loophole around here somewhere), I got typed as an INTJ by Gabe (probably in response to one thread where I was a little overly forceful) ... there MUST be SOME closure!!

You know I did used to search for closure but never found satisfaction... I converted when I figured I was fighting a losing battle. Why ask closure from others (including other things) when I refuse to do so myself?

Also I got frustrated with trying to find absolutes. Either they evade me because I am unable to grasp them or simply because they are not there and so I only coalesce when necessary and then retract back to my usual fluidic state. Chameleon (or shapeshifter, if you're a Trekkie) style.

See an INTP with closure is one who is refusing to look into alternatives probably out of stress, the negative aspects of the ESFJ shadow. When they alter their position later it is often in response to a revelation and can cause little need to look back at the previous experiences as anything but an error in conclusion. I merely decided that it was an error in approach.

Anyhow...surely I'm not competetive enough to be an ENTP?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

As you know, you're begging the (rhetorical) question, here. ;)

At the very least, you are an xNTP - your oceanic posting style (topic z - topic x - topic y) is highly reminiscent of the xNTP mindset.

Creative chap.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
So I'm an ENTP or an INTJ???

Well I guess that's an improvement (in accuracy) from ENFP :dont:

It's amazing how complex people's analysis goes.. to me anyhow. Personally I find little to disagree with on other's types.

I note that Wildcat has drawn much analysis.. I'd still stick with INTP for him. I'm not sure of his "true" preferences but his style definitely fits the INTP paradigm.

What is odd is how much question INTPs types tend to come under. I have to wonder what sort of divergance people see. After all isn't the primary schtick of an INTP an obsession with questions? (Says he asking a question :rofl1: )

I'd love to see how people think they've managed to re-analyse people's types and come up with some of these answers...

As for Night... I think I'll stick to my original analysis and say INTJ too. Perhaps not the a-typical kind of INTJ but one never the less.
If I were an extrovert then surely I'd post less often as my bubbly personal life would just over-ride the whole internet thing

Oh hang on it does... damn.

Okay so closure (I'll find a loophole around here somewhere), I got typed as an INTJ by Gabe (probably in response to one thread where I was a little overly forceful) ... there MUST be SOME closure!!

You know I did used to search for closure but never found satisfaction... I converted when I figured I was fighting a losing battle. Why ask closure from others (including other things) when I refuse to do so myself?

Also I got frustrated with trying to find absolutes. Either they evade me because I am unable to grasp them or simply because they are not there and so I only coalesce when necessary and then retract back to my usual fluidic state. Chameleon (or shapeshifter, if you're a Trekkie) style.

See an INTP with closure is one who is refusing to look into alternatives probably out of stress, the negative aspects of the ESFJ shadow. When they alter their position later it is often in response to a revelation and can cause little need to look back at the previous experiences as anything but an error in conclusion. I merely decided that it was an error in approach.

Xander's type- YAPP :laugh: :alttongue:

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
xander, i think you're ENTP too. you kind of bubble over with it.

And I get why people might think Edahn is extraverted. In most photos, he appears to have a little "in your face" energy. But he doesn't seem ENFP to me... at all. Like, I can work out the E, the N, the F, and the P--each part independently--but he doesn't seem to me to add up to ENFP, nor INFP. His communication online seems to me much more NJ than anything else. That might be his law school training, or maybe it's how he thinks naturally.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... he doesn't seem ENFP to me... at all. Like, I can work out the E, the N, the F, and the P--each part independently--but he doesn't seem to me to add up to ENFP, nor INFP.

Yes, that's one of the typing fallacies out there -- that someone is simply the composition of the parts we have dissected them into.

It's not that simple or analytical.
I think type reading is much more holistic in nature

His communication online seems to me much more NJ than anything else. That might be his law school training, or maybe it's how he thinks naturally.

Yes, he is sort of NJ in how straight-forward he is and delivers conclusions; but like you point out, his delivery is based on myriad factors of which inherent inclination is but one element.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
As you know, you're begging the (rhetorical) question, here. ;)
See now I'm lost #1....

I'm presuming the response goes "Aren't you?" but I'm not sure.

Another point where the possibilities overwhelm my ability to remove them leaving me with the only option (apparently a wise one though it feels like a confused one) to simply conclude that I am unsure.

You know I am a 9. You sure that's not what's doing it?
At the very least, you are an xNTP - your oceanic posting style (topic z - topic x - topic y) is highly reminiscent of the xNTP mindset.

Creative chap.
Oceanic? Creative? (Bored and at work? ;) )

It is true I am unfocused, unlike many of my INTP brethren, but there again I am quite a bit more focused than many (in my humble :devil: estimations). I refute the ENTP type as I'm far too prone to obsession.

(Far far too prone!!!)
Xander's type- YAPP :laugh: :alttongue:
Closer. Oddly that kind of works in rhyme too as people often describe me as "the one that looks like a Japanese baby" :steam:
xander, i think you're ENTP too. you kind of bubble over with it.
Bubble?

Come on guys... the reason you think I'm an ENTP is because I like you. It's that simple. I'm chatty to those I enjoy the company of.

Besides of the two introverts I most often hang around with...I'm the quiet one!!

(Btw does anyone know how to shut up an INFP without engaging their very sensitive and over-reactionary paranoia? )

ENTP.. Come on...

Why not ENTJ? I could get comfy with that. INTJ ain't too bad but I'm just not right often enough... ENFP wasn't all that bad but when people get all gooey I'm not rejoicing... I'm recoiling!