• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Free loving hippies. Conspiricy theorists. The world is ready to crush their perceptions of right and beauty. The world holds them back. Liberal and confused ideals that hold no continuity. Debate with an NF and they will play on feelings to win the debate rather than the compelling arguments laid forth. If I question their perceptions then I find they are insecure and fight "dirty".
All my NF friends are NFJ the males are more stubborn than the women who will take a dive to restore unity because she is very uneasy during the presence of conflict even if it is only due to a difference of opinion. I believe she is a P among a highly J family and her J is conditioned more than anything.
I fight dirty. When conversations get heated with my INTJ husband I resort to sex. Works every time! ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Free loving hippies. Conspiricy theorists. The world is ready to crush their perceptions of right and beauty. The world holds them back. Liberal and confused ideals that hold no continuity. Debate with an NF and they will play on feelings to win the debate rather than the compelling arguments laid forth. If I question their perceptions then I find they are insecure and fight "dirty".
:rolli:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's definately a P type and she's definately using Fe to relate to people. I say she's typed herself correct.

Oh, I was just playing with CC's words, because that's how I roll.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

I've bolded the stuff that really reminds me of Edahn. He's fairly private so I don't think any of us knows him extremely well (true of many, if not most of us). But the extent to which I know him, I see evidence of Fi everywhere. I don't know if it's his dominant function because I also see a lot of Ne there. IMO he could be INFP or ENFP, though I lean towards introversion, or just INTP with well-developed Fi.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Edahn is an ENTP.

Clearly very comfortable with ideas. Has a natural knack for them. Outgoing and externally observant, excellent perceptions of his external environment. Shifts between correspondences fluently. In the same vein of an Extroverted Perceiver, he is in tune with how he is perceived by others, therefore excells at presentation and is able to make an impact upon the audience.

1)Ne dominant.

Naturally at home with analysis. Is able to respond quickly and coherently to an argument and often dissect in depth. Has little interest in convincing others to embrace his ideas. Unlike an Extroverted Thinker, he tends to see discussion as means to the end of exploring an idea and attaining an internal sense of understanding. Pedigree of Introverted Thinking.

Very different from a Ti dom in the regard that he tends to have little interest in following through an idea thoroughly after it has lost its relevance to the external environment. He would much rather move on to something else, especially something that is currently a hot topic.

2) Auxiliary Ti

3)Tertiary Fe-Engages in proper manners or attempts to. The lower the function, the less natural it is for us. Unlike a natural (dom or auxiliary) he does not seem to be passionate about his etiquette. Rarely do we see him having a forceful emotional reaction to violation of conventional etiquette. The kind of a reaction that is prominent in FJs. Clearly is light-hearted with his displays of Feeling and is able to easily switch from one display to the next. (This promotes his Ne agenda of fluidity). Also unlike a Feeler, he does not seem natural about his emoting. They seem to be an outcome of deliberation. Almost like he is asking not how do I feel, but how I ought to feel. Or better yet, what I ought to display as a representation of how I feel. As a natural thinker he seems to be uncomfortable processing emotion and displaying it until he has thought about it.

Does not seem to be tied down to his values, unlike an F, furthermore it is far from clear what his values are, irrespectively of how much Fe he displays.

All of this is plain anathema to the Fi mindset which takes feelings very seriously, is tied down to values and is certainly not easily changeable. As well as averse to conventional and ostensible display of emotion (etiquette) that Edahn makes a show of.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm surprised no one's gotten to me... I wonder if I'll get the INTPc treatment here?

heart

heart on fire
I've bolded the stuff that really reminds me of Edahn. He's fairly private so I don't think any of us knows him extremely well (true of many, if not most of us). But the extent to which I know him, I see evidence of Fi everywhere. I don't know if it's his dominant function because I also see a lot of Ne there. IMO he could be INFP or ENFP, though I lean towards introversion, or just INTP with well-developed Fi.

He seems to use Fe on the board when he relates. Heavy Fe.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
He seems to use Fe on the board when he relates. Heavy Fe.

Can you elaborate? I don't see it. I tend to read most of his posts as heavily tongue-in-cheek with several layers of irony and sarcasm in place.

heart

heart on fire
Can you elaborate? I don't see it. I tend to read most of his posts as heavily tongue-in-cheek with several layers of irony and sarcasm in place.

BlueWing has said it all so much better than I could. I agree with him.

That's another thing though. Edhan writes his ideas tighter and more well defined than say I could most days and it seems effortless. That makes me see more Ti in him than anything else.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Edahn may have earnest convictions which are internally rather than externally grounded, yet they are an outcome of dispassionate analysis and not value judgment.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
All my NF friends are NFJ the males are more stubborn than the women who will take a dive to restore unity because she is very uneasy during the presence of conflict even if it is only due to a difference of opinion. I believe she is a P among a highly J family and her J is conditioned more than anything.

*cough* *choke* *spudder* what!????!!!! :shock:

heart

heart on fire
Debate with an NF and they will play on feelings to win the debate rather than the compelling arguments laid forth. If I question their perceptions then I find they are insecure and fight "dirty".

And naturally with all the respect and good regard you seem to have for them it is shocking that they do this! :shock: :D

And yes, lol I get the irony here, but it was too funny to pass up.