• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
C'mon, names or gtho!!!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*is tempted to change her type to INTP just for giggles*

:devil:

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Which type do you think most of the fake INTPs are? ISTP or INFP?

The site is also overrun with "intuitives" who aren't.
Mistyped INTPs wouldn't necessarily be either ISTP or INFP, but my money would be on an S-type in quite a few of these. I've also seen what comes across intuition-free "INTJs" who seem rather IST.

ETA:
C'mon, names or gtho!!!
I'm no simulatedworld. I'll leave the obnoxiousness to him.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
too needy... and too blatantly arrogant to be a good one :devil:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(in other words, y'all can keep your obnoxious people :yes:)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INTJs can have a flat affect online, and not come across that dynamic when it comes to ideas, and just not show that side. But I can see why an ISTJ might want to be thought of as INTJ on the forums, because it's like being an ISTJ with super powers to people.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
too needy... and too blatantly arrogant to be a good one :devil:

The mistyped INTJs I have in mind are entirely self-centered and display a weak capacity to think steps ahead, outside of their narrow spheres or between the lines. They appear preoccupied with the immediate visuals or pragmatics of things.

What does that suggest to you?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
underdeveloped and therefore difficult to type because of unusually high immaturity level :)

presuming we're speaking of the same one :newwink:

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
haha... not just he-who-shall-not-be-named. I had a couple in mind.

Also, I didn't mean the description in a disparaging way. I neither like nor dislike them. The sole interest is the curious, blatant mistyping.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
because most of them would rather throw themselves under a train than admit to being a stupid sensor :rolli:

sculpting

The mistyped INTJs I have in mind are entirely self-centered and display a weak capacity to think steps ahead, outside of their narrow spheres or between the lines. They appear preoccupied with the immediate visuals or pragmatics of things.

What does that suggest to you?

I have been watching the INTJs for a bit now. When young they seem to be very...quiet. They post one liners and say little and the things they do say can be very crude humor or just be very blunt. As I have been told, they are still forming Ni-thus dont have much to externalize. What they share feels like extraordinarily compact Te.

As they grow older, they seem to externalize more. Oddly, rather than becoming more alike, as some other personalitiy types seem to-they become very diverse and unique in communication styles. Each has a very different flavor. This is where I can see the Ni and Te strengths become very apparent. Perhaps some of the ones who you see as seeming pragmatic-have just become very good with Te at identifying what the root of the problem is-thus quickly reaching a pragmatic, actualizable solution-and skipping the more intellectual side of the discussion.

The narrow spheres makes me thing Ni depth and seeing between the lines reminds me of Ne connective breadth?

But just my thoughts and observations..

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah, it's funny how growing up and such can change how a person acts and how their personalities develop... it makes me quite glad that there aren't any immature ESTPs wandering around on the site... you know, for the sake of type PR :ninja:

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ie.

Perhaps some of the ones who you see as seeming pragmatic-have just become very good with Te at identifying what the root of the problem is-thus quickly reaching a pragmatic, actualizable solution-and skipping the more intellectual side of the discussion.

The narrow spheres makes me thing Ni depth and seeing between the lines reminds me of Ne connective breadth?

But just my thoughts and observations..
That's the thing, though - the "pragmatics" I've mentioned are very short-sighted. This is why I called it "immediate." The root seems not as important as the immediate cause and effect. Rather slap-dash. I could understand the Te, but neither Ni nor Ne are apparent.

whatever said:
it makes me quite glad that there aren't any immature ESTPs wandering around on the site... you know, for the sake of type PR
:cheers: I don't know. My brother is ESTP and even when young wasn't as knuckleheaded as the most immature of the supposed NTs around here (ENTPs included). Charm goes a long way.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh yes... I remember having people say "I really should hate you... you're a horrible person... but I can't help but to like you!" :cheese:

ESTP charm CAN go a long ways!

Unfortunatly, it often doesn't translate as well online... which would be my concern :unsure:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, halla and you are amazing estps, imo, and represent your species very well. :)

As to myself, I seem almost stereotypically enfp-ish at times, but I've contemplated it ad nauseum, and I don't think I am. I have an INFP friend who is a lot like me in the NF department, and she is all over the place with her Ne/Fi. In comparison to her, I am very Ni focused and, I dunno, I used to be more Fe but the world sorta got to me......:(

I was just reading the Continuum Concept by Jien Liedloff and she speaks about how when humans raised by animals (i guess it really happens--i'll google it later), they are very S from birth (my interpretation of her explanation), and have a hard time assimilating to human life. It makes me ponder afresh the nurture component of S versus N from birth... and the affect circumstances have on what cognitive functions are pressed into conscious service.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
because most of them would rather throw themselves under a train than admit to being a stupid sensor :rolli:

I've noticed that S vs N can be difficult to differentiate, because its external expression isn't obvious. Si can be flexible and desire variety, Ni can be intransigent and fixated upon particular ideas. The external behavior doesn't necessarily reflect the internal thought process.

In particular, it is very difficult to differentiate a stupid intuitive from a stupid sensor. :p

I have been watching the INTJs for a bit now. When young they seem to be very...quiet. They post one liners and say little and the things they do say can be very crude humor or just be very blunt. As I have been told, they are still forming Ni-thus dont have much to externalize. What they share feels like extraordinarily compact Te.
This behavior happens with older INTJs, too, in any arena in which they are still learning. One is reluctant to share anything, because the ideas of people with more experience will be so obviously superior to one's own.

The process of learning is introverted, because Ni is perceiving lessons in an introverted way. (Se and Ne perhaps perceive/learn in a more interactive and extroverted way?)

As they grow older, they seem to externalize more. Oddly, rather than becoming more alike, as some other personalitiy types seem to-they become very diverse and unique in communication styles. Each has a very different flavor.
You must really lick--er, um, like--INTJs to know their flavors. :devil:

This is where I can see the Ni and Te strengths become very apparent. Perhaps some of the ones who you see as seeming pragmatic-have just become very good with Te at identifying what the root of the problem is-thus quickly reaching a pragmatic, actualizable solution-and skipping the more intellectual side of the discussion.
There are two different roles for Te. One is how it is used with Ni to instantly solve problems and apply solutions. It's very non-verbal, with an emphasis on Ni.

To an INTJ, the Ni solution is just "so obvious" that it is difficult to figure out what to say to explain things to others. What isn't obvious to the young INTJ is where others' insight is lacking, how to fill in the gaps. A young INTJ will have grasped a difficult concept, such as how sin(x) and cos(x) work, but explaining "sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) = 1" feels like trying to explain "1+1=2". Once Ni grasps an idea, it "feels elementary." This version of Ni/Te, emphasizing the Ni, is where the "quiet but knowledgeable INTJ" vibe comes from.

It is the 2nd role of Te that solves this "feels elementary" problem. This is the role of Te as a means of communication. It is all about objective ideas and how people think about objective ideas. Te is used to figure out where others' understanding is at, and then Ni can draw a map from that level of understanding to understanding the new topic, THEN Te will explicate that map as a "lesson." This is where the INTJ becomes more pedantic and seemingly arrogant. The INTJ is more talkative, but it is almost always with an air of authority, whether merited or not. It takes development of Fi to ameliorate that, though it is also possible for Te to learn "Fe tricks" on "how to say things so people don't get upset and will actually listen to you."