• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP or ENTJ?

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ENTP and ENTJ very different, but I can see myself in both types. I know I'm an extroevrt, a thinker and intuative. But what the hell is that J/P thing??

I'm indesicive to a fault and I tend to do things in a rush or procastinate. I'm very often in my own world of ideas. However, I am hardworking, a bit of a perfectionist, very respobsible, ambitious and stubborn. I'm not really a worrier but I'm defintely not so laid back. I manage stress well most of the time(for example; I like having a lot of exams going on cause it keeps me active and not bored). I can be a control freak sometimes, but not to everyone; my younger sister tends to get the best of me, but on other times I might let others to take charge. I have so many interests it's hard for me to keep up, and I live in the future- I like to have plans about the future, but I'm constantly changing the plans into something completely different. I'm not really spontaneous, though. I'm studious and on the top of my class, I don't know if that says something. I'm self confident, but that goes for both types. I'm really sarcastic but funny according to other people. I'm not really orginized. I love theories and philosophy, I have lots of ideas and quite original. I don't really know if this is a J/P thing, but I noticed whenever my friends ask me if I want to go out for a movie or anything like it, I say "We'll see" and only make up my mind on the last minute. I was actually so confused by the J/P I decided to take a cognitive functions test, and the results were:

Ne (100%)
Ni (80%)
Ti (75%)
Te (55%)
Fe (55%)
Fi (55%)
Si (25%)
Se (10%)

So most likely I'm an ENTP, but something still doesn't seem right to me. I just re-read it and I sound kinda full of myself, but still- can you help me, please?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
You're an ENTP.

The cognitive function results are pretty clear.

The profile descriptions are just that: a description.

You shouldn't expect every single part to fit you to a tee.

What you want to do is figure out your thinking patterns (I.e., what cognitive functions do you use).

Your cognitive function results clearly point to Extroverted Intuition (Ne) dominance, with auxiliary Introverted Thinking (Ti).

You also seem to have developed your Opposing (5th and 6th) functions -- Ni and Te -- which is a sign of good development.

Development of your Opposite and Inferior (3rd and 4th) functions will make you seem more "balanced, on the J/P dichotomy.

The J/P axis is really just a labeling system, tho, to tell you which cognitive functions are your dominant and auxiliary.

If you're an ENTP, they're Ne and Ti; if you're an ENTJ, they're Te and Ni.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You're an ENTP.

The cognitive function results are pretty clear.

The profile descriptions are just that: a description.

You shouldn't expect every single part to fit you to a tee.

What you want to do is figure out your thinking patterns (I.e., what cognitive functions do you use).

Your cognitive function results clearly point to Extroverted Intuition (Ne) dominance, with auxiliary Introverted Thinking (Ti).

You also seem to have developed your Opposing (5th and 6th) functions -- Ni and Te -- which is a sign of good development.

Development of your Opposite and Inferior (3rd and 4th) functions will make you seem more "balanced, on the J/P dichotomy.

The J/P axis is really just a labeling system, tho, to tell you which cognitive functions are your dominant and auxiliary.

If you're an ENTP, they're Ne and Ti; if you're an ENTJ, they're Te and Ni.

Thank you!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My vote is for ENTP too. :yes: You also sound like an E7, at least from what you wrote.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My vote is for ENTP too. :yes: You also sound like an E7, at least from what you wrote.

Haha thank you for your vote! I don't really know about E7... I think I might be more of a 3 rather than 7.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha thank you for your vote! I don't really know about E7... I think I might be more of a 3 rather than 7.

I also thought of 3 haha. Nothing conclusive, but there are definitely some behaviors of both there. Take it with a grain of salt. :D

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I also thought of 3 haha. Nothing conclusive, but there are definitely some behaviors of both there. Take it with a grain of salt. :D

Haha, sometimes I seem like a mashup of everything.

Fluorescent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
HOT
Absolutely ENTP.
You remind me a lot of myself when it comes to needing to have a lot of things to do to prevent boredom and being both a perfectionist and a procrastinator at the same time. No clue about your enneagram, still figuring mine out.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A female ENTP discovered in the wild, always an exciting moment.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thank you all! So ENTP it is, fun!