• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's all do MacGuffin!!!

What type is MacGuffin?

• Total voters

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
:sad: I see, thanks.

And now back to the regularly scheduled proceedings.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, I always thought you were the sort of person who was very shy and introverted when they where younger but became more assertive and confidence when they became older.
That is actually my lifestory.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
So, you're a year or two ahead of me, right?

What's the next year look like?

You can enjoy organising yourself... doing sensory stuff like painting. Oh, and it has a 6 month motivation dip at one point. You get more in touch with your feelings and go through an INFP crisis, then reconcile with your INTP logic inside. A bit more introversion leads you away from the ENTP feeling as you explore your psyche*

*all of this is absolutely true, by the way.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I'm headed to INXP???

Yuck!

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
So I'm headed to INXP???

Yuck!

Only for a while. Then, you end up sure you are INTP, but just because you exposed some emotions (dear God!) at some point in the previous year or two, everyone accuses you of being a feeler :devil: Enjoy!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only for a while. Then, you end up sure you are INTP, but just because you exposed some emotions (dear God!) at some point in the previous year or two, everyone accuses you of being a feeler :devil: Enjoy!

Yeah. Gotta watch that.

"Machine," dude.
Think "machine!"

:mellow:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

Honestly, I always thought you were the sort of person who was very shy and introverted when they where younger but became more assertive and confidence when they became older.

This is my read, too. I don't think Mac is a true extrovert, but I think he probably becomes more extroverted around people he likes, and people that accept him, therefore seeming like an extrovert.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
This is my read, too. I don't think Mac is a true extrovert, but I think he probably becomes more extroverted around people he likes, and people that accept him, therefore seeming like an extrovert.

Well stated :).

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP just an old/irresolute mature/balanced one :D.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I could have voted ISTJ since you were such a bastard on mine, but truthfully you come off as ENTP to me. Charming, flirtatious, intelligent, etc. You also don't look like the archetypal INTP (Noah, Ferris, etc).

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could have voted ISTJ since you were such a bastard on mine, but truthfully you come off as ENTP to me. Charming, flirtatious, intelligent, etc. You also don't look like the archetypal INTP (Noah, Ferris, etc).
I resolve to grow my beard longer.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I resolve to grow my beard longer.
What's wrong with being an ENTP?

Edit: "Let's all do MacGuffin?" How's that introverted? You also have a sense of humor so I say ENTP. If I can live with the ENFJ moniker then you should be alright with yours. :yes:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's wrong with being an ENTP?
Nothing! I like ENTPs!

I remember when I was younger and painfully shy (I wouldn't even order at a fast food restaurant). I wonder if the social disorder just wasn't inhibiting my true type.

If I am ENTP, I don't gain energy from physical interactions with people, but from external ideas/concepts/objects.

I have the ringer on my phone at home disabled!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
okay INFJ. that all sounds exactly like me. :smile:

How about iNTP?

however, MacGuffin+Horndog=ENTP. ;)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Nothing! I like ENTPs!

I remember when I was younger and painfully shy (I wouldn't even order at a fast food restaurant). I wonder if the social disorder just wasn't inhibiting my true type.

If I am ENTP, I don't gain energy from physical interactions with people, but from external ideas/concepts/objects.

I have the ringer on my phone at home disabled!

Damn you MacGuffin!

Wouldn't order fast food. Check. Energy from external ideas/concepts but not people. Check. Ringer in phone at home disabled. Check. Also on my cellphone, too :party2:

I haven't turned on my "ringer" in 2 and a half years :D

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I could see E or I for you. The same thing I said about Rajah also applies to you--your problem-solving style is distinctly E to me. You both seem to want to hold a problem in your hands and inspect it from all angles. An introvert is more likely to internalize a problem and "cook" a solution from within, IMO. You're more public with your problem-solving than she is, but with you moreso than with Rajah, I sometimes get the impression that your openness is a ruse meant to protect your core by putting out a viable impression of openness so you can keep the innermost innermost to yourself.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Damn you MacGuffin!

Wouldn't order fast food. Check. Energy from external ideas/concepts but not people. Check. Ringer in phone at home disabled. Check. Also on my cellphone, too

I haven't turned on my "ringer" in 2 and a half years

It's on vibrate. I won't deny myself that little pleasure in my pocket!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I haven't turned my ringer on in years. That sound makes me very anxious. I can't help but think whoever is calling wants something and that stresses me out. As for the fear of ordering fast food, I can relate. I used to have panic attacks when I was younger and had to go places that were full of people. I got so tired of feeling like a prisoner I would force myself to eat out at restaurants in public alone.