• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing Assistance..?

adieux

Enneagram
5w4
I have been immersed in the concept of MBTI for a good four or five months, and currently, I type myself as INFJ.
I have done my part—completing multitudes of online tests, doing extensive research on the eight cognitive functions...the whole nine yards, really—and I am, or at least was confident of my type; I can relate to the INFJ functions, and with the exception of Se, utilize them routinely.

However, my doubts began to surface when a forum member on another website claimed that I wasn't an INFJ. It seems silly to get worked up over something so trivial, and perhaps they had good intentions, but...I don't know. I just feel self-conscious..? Doubtful of myself..?

Okay, fine. I don't exactly know what I'm feeling right now, but rest assured, it's anything but positive.

Below are a few samples of my cognitive functions (I apologize for its messy format):

Your Cognitive Functions:

Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 13.98
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.45
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||||| 7.93
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||||||| 7.24
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||| 6.53
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||||| 5.475
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||| 4.71
Extroverted Sensation (Se) |||||| -4.43

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (16)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.1)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.9)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.6)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.1)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************************* (43.7)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************** (23.8)
limited use

If anything else is needed to determine my type, feel free to let me know!​

adieux

Enneagram
5w4
Extroversion |||| 20%
Orderliness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Emotional Stability |||||| 30%
Accommodation |||||||||||||||||||| 84%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 66%

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were low which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Accommodation results were very high which suggests you are overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense too often of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Hmm, interesting! Would it be alright if you elaborated on that, please?​

Yes. Some people act like or get the impression that Fe dom/auxs are some type of stupid zombie that can only be nice and smile at people with they're Fe and have 0 idea of what thinking or facts are. Fe dom/aux really just means that you easily get along with normal people and carry on conversations often. In general, F just means that you are people oriented. It does not mean that you are stupid/less intellectually endowed, or that you have trouble reasoning basic things.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. Some people act like or get the impression that Fe dom/auxs are some type of stupid zombie that can only be nice and smile at people with they're Fe and have 0 idea of what thinking or facts are. Fe dom/aux really just means that you easily get along with normal people and carry on conversations often. In general, F just means that you are people oriented. It does not mean that you are stupid/less intellectually endowed, or that you have trouble reasoning basic things.

I've seen a correlation between the energy sources of Ti versus of Fe. Ti is energized by intellectual ideas, but weakened by social interactions. Fe is energized by social interactions, but weakened by intellectual ideas. And just as there is social anxiety, there is also something called "math anxiety." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_anxiety

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I've seen a correlation between the energy sources of Ti versus of Fe. Ti is energized by intellectual ideas, but weakened by social interactions. Fe is energized by social interactions, but weakened by intellectual ideas. And just as there is social anxiety, there is also something called "math anxiety." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_anxiety

That makes sense. My only problem is that you said Ti is energized by intellectual ideas. "Intellectual" is a subjective term, just like "smart". A better way of phrasing it would be mechanical or business oriented.

[MENTION=21477]adieux[/MENTION] Dont get dragged into socionics, its just mbti on meth.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That makes sense. My only problem is that you said Ti is energized by intellectual ideas. "Intellectual" is a subjective term, just like "smart". A better way of phrasing it would be mechanical or business oriented.

[MENTION=21477]adieux[/MENTION] Dont get dragged into socionics, its just mbti on meth.

"Intellectual" is a broad term that covers a lot of mental territory. I intend it in either the ISTP or INTP sense. ISTP is more mechanical and maybe business oriented. INTP is not mechanically inclined in the physical sense.