• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questioning My Type (If Someone Will Help Me Question It)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Okay, then you must agree with me. The modern world pays no attention to any of those three things. I have never had an opportunity to play those roles in a productive way. It just isn't wanted . . . We are really just as outdated as the SLE, ESTP. Only we don't go to prison. We just fade out of existence. I think our types are rare because we are on the verge of extinction. Historically I don't think we were rare.

It may seem that in "modern society", when viewed from the inside, that INFJs are mostly insignificant, but if you look at the big picture, I think you'll find that INFJs have a greater influence on humanity than any other type. Just subtly.

May I ask how old you are?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It may seem that in "modern society", when viewed from the inside, that INFJs are mostly insignificant, but if you look at the big picture, I think you'll find that INFJs have a greater influence on humanity than any other type. Just subtly.

May I ask how old you are?

This will seriously undermine my credibility, but 20.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know whether I believe in Enneagram, but if I do, I think I'm a very unhealthy 3.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I don't know whether I believe in Enneagram, but if I do, I think I'm a very unhealthy 3.

"Because I want to see myself as a force to be reckoned with"

Why do you want to be seen as powerful?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Because . . . That's the best way to get a stable job. I want to be in control of what is going on, rather than having to react to what gets thrown. I guess I want to be in control of things directly.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Because . . . That's the best way to get a stable job. I want to be in control of what is going on, rather than having to react to what gets thrown. I guess I want to be in control of things directly.

“I will be secure if I can control the world around me.”

How much do you relate to this?

In what way do you relate to being an unhealthy three?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
“I will be secure if I can control the world around me.”

How much do you relate to this?

In what way do you relate to being an unhealthy three?

Oh, I think I went with 3 mainly because it describes well a certain desire to succeed, to 'make good' at all costs. I can't remember all of it.

I relate quite a bit to the above statement. I want to be able to control the course of events. I don't want to be at the mercy of other people or random events. The reason for this is that I would lose the ability to maintain autonomy and even housing, as irrational as that may sound. At all costs I want a stable job out of college that I don't hate so that I can work my way up. I'd like to develop all kinds of different skills, but only if they will help me achieve my goal of first getting a stable position, and then finding a big mission to achieve.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Oh, I think I went with 3 mainly because it describes well a certain desire to succeed, to 'make good' at all costs. I can't remember all of it.

I relate quite a bit to the above statement. I want to be able to control the course of events. I don't want to be at the mercy of other people or random events. The reason for this is that I would lose the ability to maintain autonomy and even housing, as irrational as that may sound. At all costs I want a stable job out of college that I don't hate so that I can work my way up. I'd like to develop all kinds of different skills, but only if they will help me achieve my goal of first getting a stable position, and then finding a big mission to achieve.

You don't exactly sound like an unhealthy three to me, that's normal three behavior.

How you describe wanting to control things in order to feel secure is eight behavior.

Maybe your tritype is 385 or something? Dunno.

I am not sure about your MBTI type. Sorry.

I am now drained.

I

Infinite Bubble

Well, purely from the limited info in this thread:

ExxJ (unlikely P-dom), type 3 (8 in there somewhere too), So/Sp or possibly the reverse.

No extensive analysis, grains of salt applicable here.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, purely from the limited info in this thread:

ExxJ (unlikely P-dom), type 3 (8 in there somewhere too), So/Sp or possibly the reverse.

No extensive analysis, grains of salt applicable here.

Hmmm. I'm not an ESTJ because I'm special! But seriously, it doesn't fit at all. I'm pretty sure I'm not an ESFJ because I know a guy like that, and he's more charismatic than I am. I think that ENFJ is pretty plausible, because I've never met one and don't know what they are like. I don't think that ENTJ is likely because I just don't think I fit with the examples I know. I'll take a look at at those alternatives.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi!

I am pretty sure of my type (INFJ). But that persuades me that maybe it isn't my type. So, here are 4 questions and a statement:

1. I don't have a big presence on this site, but for anyone who has noticed me, do I seem 'INFJ'-like? Do you see any discrepancies?

2. I didn't want to be this type to begin with, and would be happy to be told I am a different one. At first I thought this was evidence I was an INFJ, but I think it can cut both ways.

3. I can't ever be sure if I really use Ni as a dominant function because it is always possible that I'm wrong. I understand it rather well at an intellectual level, and I can see the functions (I think) when I look for them in others, but it could be that I don't really understand myself. I have applied a number of different frameworks to myself and find INFJ most convincing, but I could easily have deceived myself.

4. I have a bad memory and a strong sense of deja vu today, so someone tell me if I already made a thread like this. I apologize in advance.

MY STATEMENT: I am the kind of person who tries to imagine what other people think, then says "But probably they don't think about you at all because people don't go around thinking of others", and then says, "But if they did think of me, they would think x, y, and z, so I should do such and such next time I see them because I can tell I am not making (whatever we do) go as well as it could." Then I go on to think about the mistakes I made last time (not specific mistakes, but more like 'was what I said in tune with the music of how the interaction is supposed to go?'). And I think of how I should make things go next time. I like to optimize interactions.

Note: I used the word "I" 32 times in this post, excluding this note.

Perhaps you are not self-actualized enough to know yet. Go live life for a while then come back.

I

Infinite Bubble

Hmmm. I'm not an ESTJ because I'm special! But seriously, it doesn't fit at all. I'm pretty sure I'm not an ESFJ because I know a guy like that, and he's more charismatic than I am. I think that ENFJ is pretty plausible, because I've never met one and don't know what they are like. I don't think that ENTJ is likely because I just don't think I fit with the examples I know. I'll take a look at at those alternatives.

Well, it was just first impressions so it may be woefully inaccurate.

Why do think INFJ, and what types do you get on tests? (They typically give a rough estimate. Sometimes very rough, but still.)

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Perhaps you are not self-actualized enough to know yet. Go live life for a while then come back.

Ha ha. I am really bored with life right now. No money. I'll live once I have the money to do so. I don't care about money, but you can't deny it's needed to do much of anything. So I guess I wouldn't care if lack thereof didn't get in my way.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, it was just first impressions so it may be woefully inaccurate.

Why do think INFJ, and what types do you get on tests? (They typically give a rough estimate. Sometimes very rough, but still.)

INTJ, INFJ, INTP. I think INFJ because I believe I am an Ni dom, and I easily live in a dream world with no connection to the real one. I have very weak Te, but not bad Ti. I am good at envisioning an outcome, or an ending, that I want to actualize, but I become paralyzed because I don't know how to take the steps to get there. Also, I think I do Fe well in limited doses since people are almost always favorably impressed by me in person.

But this doesn't satisfy me at all because I'm always thinking that I've been cut off from the rest of the group, even when there is no group, so I work really hard to meet lots and lots of people. But that's So more than anything else, I think. I don't actually invest a lot of effort into these many relationships because if I did, I'd have no time for anything else. I'm mainly just trying to stabilize my position in the world while I figure out what I am going to do in life. I've pretty much settled on emigrating to Germany as a good long-term goal for me to aim at (it should force me to concentrate my forces), so I'm trying to start gearing up to do that.