• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questioning My Type (If Someone Will Help Me Question It)

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hi!

I am pretty sure of my type (INFJ). But that persuades me that maybe it isn't my type. So, here are 4 questions and a statement:

1. I don't have a big presence on this site, but for anyone who has noticed me, do I seem 'INFJ'-like? Do you see any discrepancies?

2. I didn't want to be this type to begin with, and would be happy to be told I am a different one. At first I thought this was evidence I was an INFJ, but I think it can cut both ways.

3. I can't ever be sure if I really use Ni as a dominant function because it is always possible that I'm wrong. I understand it rather well at an intellectual level, and I can see the functions (I think) when I look for them in others, but it could be that I don't really understand myself. I have applied a number of different frameworks to myself and find INFJ most convincing, but I could easily have deceived myself.

4. I have a bad memory and a strong sense of deja vu today, so someone tell me if I already made a thread like this. I apologize in advance.

MY STATEMENT: I am the kind of person who tries to imagine what other people think, then says "But probably they don't think about you at all because people don't go around thinking of others", and then says, "But if they did think of me, they would think x, y, and z, so I should do such and such next time I see them because I can tell I am not making (whatever we do) go as well as it could." Then I go on to think about the mistakes I made last time (not specific mistakes, but more like 'was what I said in tune with the music of how the interaction is supposed to go?'). And I think of how I should make things go next time. I like to optimize interactions.

Note: I used the word "I" 32 times in this post, excluding this note.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Come on, I'm dying here guys!

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I've read some of your posts before, but you're not "INFJ-like". Why not INTJ?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you are making a way too big a deal about this.

2. I didn't want to be this type to begin with, and would be happy to be told I am a different one.

No one type is fundamentally better than the other. And wanting to be another type than the type you are pretty much only results in being worse at the type you actually are.

yeghor

3. I can't ever be sure if I really use Ni as a dominant function because it is always possible that I'm wrong. I understand it rather well at an intellectual level, and I can see the functions (I think) when I look for them in others, but it could be that I don't really understand myself. I have applied a number of different frameworks to myself and find INFJ most convincing, but I could easily have deceived myself.

What object or phenomena would you relate Ni to, in just one word preferably...?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

" I didn't want to be this type to begin with, and would be happy to be told I am a different one. "

Umm.. Why?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've read some of your posts before, but you're not "INFJ-like". Why not INTJ?

I am very good with people, and very social. At least, up to a point.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think you are making a way too big a deal about this.

No one type is fundamentally better than the other. And wanting to be another type than the type you are pretty much only results in being worse at the type you actually are.

I acknowledge this. But I try to be very honest with myself and the world. The Typology world . . .

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
" I didn't want to be this type to begin with, and would be happy to be told I am a different one. "

Umm.. Why?

Because I want to see myself as a force to be reckoned with, but I'm not satisfied that that is true.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I come from a very traditional cultural background, if that helps.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are INFJs not a force to be reckoned with?

Sure, but not on the surface. You have to fight for attention sometimes. Especially in large groups of people. And the socionics authors have an incredibly negative take on IEI. To hear them, IEI is practically on life support until it can begin to suck the life out of an SLE.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I want a favorable stereotype! I've looked at the functions, and it's good, but I want a type that will be glorified as incredibly at the forefront of anything. It would be a mistype for sure, but if someone would give me validation it would be nice. lol. But seriously I might be mistyped. That one guy didn't think I seemed INFJish.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Sure, but not on the surface. You have to fight for attention sometimes. Especially in large groups of people. And the socionics authors have an incredibly negative take on IEI. To hear them, IEI is practically on life support until it can begin to suck the life out of an SLE.

I don't feel like I don't stand out..

And why is it that you think IEI is the socionics type that corresponds best with INFJ in MBTI?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't feel like I don't stand out..

And why is it that you think IEI is the socionics type that corresponds best with INFJ in MBTI?

Well, partly I'm just complaining.

IEI undoubtedly corresponds best to the INFJ of the functions. Keirsey maybe has a different INFJ, but the Jungian INFJ is almost synonymous with IEI INFp of Socionics.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

IEI undoubtedly corresponds best to the INFJ of the functions. Keirsey maybe has a different INFJ, but the Jungian INFJ is almost synonymous with IEI INFp of Socionics.

Yes, because socionics functions and MBTI functions are exactly the same.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, because socionics functions and MBTI functions are exactly the same.
So you did agree with me? Also, what do you see as the role of the INFJ in society, as he/she is perceived in general?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No.

I see INFJs as councillors, protectors and natural philosophers.

Okay, then you must agree with me. The modern world pays no attention to any of those three things. I have never had an opportunity to play those roles in a productive way. It just isn't wanted . . . We are really just as outdated as the SLE, ESTP. Only we don't go to prison. We just fade out of existence. I think our types are rare because we are on the verge of extinction. Historically I don't think we were rare.