• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vivisect Vasilisa: My head, heart, and gut

Starry

Your spell. It's transforming me!

Into...

Do you have a guess at the wings?

temp changing my avatar in appreciation of this post.

-----

I'm not in a position where I can write about it at the moment...nor do I think I will when I'm at a place where I can...but I watched half the video (thanks again [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] ) and I actually didn't get a 9 vibe from it. The content to me seemed more social, phobic 6w5 having integrated to 9. I'm sticking to my original typing.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll write this in 3rd person Vas, as the thoughts become more objectified. Also if I'm mistaken in any of it, correct me.

Typing Vasilisa is fairly difficult as there seems to be a certain level of personal reservation in how she deals with the world. She's often passive and prefers not to deal with heightened external stimulation maintaining a peace and balance between nothingness and strong intensity. This could relate to the type 9 and I wouldn't doubt it for her gut type. Most probably a 9w1.
Vasilisa seems to have a really good memory and her references do not lack in quality. She reads often and enjoys accumulating information about various topics of her interest. I wish to say this is closer to the type 5 however she most certainly does not fall into the type 5 stereotype of provocative intellectualism. Naturally fives theorise and tend to many of their thoughts and are consistently "curious, observant and perceptive".

Although I would enjoy thinking this type is closer to Vas some believe type 6 is a possibility so I must contrast. Sixes are fun. They manifest their insecurities in many different ways. With the root being the security of specific preferences, anxiety is their life partner. So as long as a few 'guards' are standing around them all the time are they alright? Can we trust these guards? Should I place all my faith in these guards? Likely to be skeptical and cynical, sixes want to know something is perfect for their loyalty and like to stick to that something without changes happening. They get that feeling that lots of people probably get when a moderator makes a poll for adding something new to the forum like a chat box. Lots of people might not like the idea because it breaks the fabric of their forum social habits. Many sixes will adhere to family and friends as their source of trust because they can understand the systemic structure of the relationship bonds whereas it could be very different at work where they may have no trust in anyone. Looking at Vas, it's not easy to tell whether type 6 matches. I believe she values trust a great deal however I'm unsure if this holds higher importance than understanding. From what I understand, she avoids things she distrusts but perhaps she tries understand it first. She may become more trusting the more she understands something. I would wager a stronger case for 5w6 than 6w5 though I cannot be certain.

Now I'm unsure of Vas' stance on this because from what I understand of type 4s, if their sense of self is moulded or played to a certain preference that's consistent with another type, you might not differentiate. Vas could well be a type 4 and this seems to manifest in her subtly unique sense of self. She seems to radiate an elegant flow of a particular style and filters (or alters) the mind to extract negatively associated attributes and habits. Of course, with the type 4, the 'accept' or 'adopt' who you are does not work as it tends to form based on the preferences of the individual which may constantly change. This is similar to the 3, but the 3 changes who he/she is based on motives whereas the 4 changes his/herself based on feel of interests.
I'm willing to wager the type 4 for Vas for her heart centre.

Assumed Tritype: 4w5, 5w6, 9w1

Going upon experience:
Core type: Vasilisa's core type will propose, among her characteristics, what defines her the most. This is difficult as we cannot know the full scale of the dominant employment of each of the enneagram types she projects. Her thoughts and feelings are not apparent except that which is filtered through to the public world. She interacts as a provider of information in general discussion but doesn't seem too opinionated and yet with information she finds interesting to her, it seems she practices selflessness to allow others to exude their own personal information, with her reluctance in sharing information on herself. Although this could be seen as mistrust, it could more often be seen as a modest gesture of a selfless individual. This of course doesn't mean she doesn't enjoy revealing information about herself, as there are methods to do it without hurting one's elegance in the process. With this, I'm in the thought that with the 4 typing, the ease of forming a persona with the type 9 provides the style she adheres to. I'm going to say that her primary type is 4w5, and that 9w1 influences the style of behaviour.

The types of 1, 2, 7 and 8 were not considered in her typing based on personal discernment.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been trying to think about different impressions I've had, and now I'm wondering if you are 4w5w9 the same as I am.

Not sure you want to discuss the MBTI aspect, but the only other type I could see you as besides INFJ would be INTJ with strong Fi. I do think you are a Ni-dom and you don't seem like a Si-dom. Based only on the threads you start, I would probably have guessed you to be an INTJ because you use a lot of outside data and analysis to synthesize into a subjective whole (Fi). You post a lot of really interesting articles and it implies that you explore a great deal of external information. It is absolutely true that Ti's also do this, but I find myself internalizing a lot of subjective data and trying to weave it into an internal, logical construct.

I'm not sure if it is possible to be an INTJ with Ni-Fi-Te-Se, or an INFJ with Ni-Ti-Fe-Se, but that's the only other possibility I would see. I do think that INTJs are equally misunderstood as INFJs are, and that people do not know what Ni-dom is, so they just focus on the aux function or dismiss Ni as that strange and stubborn function. It is strange, but less stubborn than the other introverted functions, I think. Female INTJs are especially misunderstood, and I don't think I've met very many actual INTJs online. I think most are ISTJs, ESTJs, and ENTJs. Anyhoo...

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi Vas :) Just wanted to share my thoughts...

Knowing you from vent and tinychat mostly, I must agree with previous posters who typed you as 4-6-9 (although both 5 and 1 have crossed my mind for you many times as being somewhere in your tritype). I noticed brainheart likened you to be similar to Lana Del Rey, a 4w3. As shallow as this comparison may seem coming from me as well, having known you for so long, I must say it is extremely accurate in terms of general surface vibe, and I also must note that all of the avatars that I have seen of yours (are these all the same person?) are women with that very 4w3 look. I am one of those who puts a strong emphasis on visual identification when typing and your features strongly suggest 4w3 as a main type to me, although I believe you also have a 5 wing attached to that same 4 heart fix(it is my belief a fix can be dual-winged). Your focus on aesthetics and beauty in your signatures, general presence in ventrilo, and organization of threads and your own posts also strongly indicates the presence of the 3 wing from my point of view (not to the degree of a 3 primary though, as it is obvious individuality and expression are key for you with this). From what I have noticed pure 4w5s and 5w4s tend to have more of an idiosyncratic style that is not quite as "form" aware as yours; you seem to operate from the get-go with the awareness of the final presentation in mind, while 4w5s and 5w4s tend to have less openness in this manner with regards to how they construct their arguments. There seems to be more of a drive to be an iconoclast among those types that I don't see with you too often, as they have more of a tendency in my pov to be more hardlined about the facts and being right, even to the point of muddling clarity and the purpose of the discussion/argument in the first place, a rarity compared to your typical facilitative and holistic approach in vent/on the forum.
For your head and gut fixes I am not quite as certain, but for your head I suspect 6w5...mainly because of the lack of overall 7ness about your demeanor, you seem more a single pillar or laser beam compared to the scattered tone of 7 fixed people, so much so that I would rule out 7 as being a possible wing even. Although it is a bit of a toss-up between the 5 and the 6 here, I must say that at the very least your social approach comes across as much more 6-like than 5ish. I have noticed a tendency/approach in you to scan a person's general tone and value system to assess their inner loyalties and group allegiance, somewhat in a relaxed yet calculated manner, which strikes me as far more 6 oriented than 5 (although this could be my imagination somewhat, or perhaps your So instinct at play, but who is to say that the manifestation of the type is unaffected by the instinctual stackings?). Although you tend to, in my mind, lead with your strong heart 4 fix in social and romantic relations, marring the visibility of the core trust issue of the 6, I think it is something that still exists with you, but more as something that you cope with in silence rather than out in the open, causing private grief. For your gut, I'm fairly certain it is 9w1, with the possibility of 9w8 as well, simply by ruling out 1 and 8 as a core type and noting your “harmonizer” qualities. Although a strong case has been made for you being a 9 primary...for me personally, having a brother who is an INFJ 4w3, and a father who is a 9w1, as well as many friends of that type, you seem 4 > 9 fairly certainly (heart awareness just simply stronger than gut awareness is obvious to me).

Overall my guess is 4w3(5?) – 6w5 – 9w1(8?) So/Sx.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi Vas :) Just wanted to share my thoughts...

Knowing you from vent and tinychat mostly, I must agree with previous posters who typed you as 4-6-9 (although both 5 and 1 have crossed my mind for you many times as being somewhere in your tritype). I noticed brainheart likened you to be similar to Lana Del Rey, a 4w3. As shallow as this comparison may seem coming from me as well, having known you for so long, I must say it is extremely accurate in terms of general surface vibe, and I also must note that all of the avatars that I have seen of yours (are these all the same person?) are women with that very 4w3 look. I am one of those who puts a strong emphasis on visual identification when typing and your features strongly suggest 4w3 as a main type to me, although I believe you also have a 5 wing attached to that same 4 heart fix(it is my belief a fix can be dual-winged). Your focus on aesthetics and beauty in your signatures, general presence in ventrilo, and organization of threads and your own posts also strongly indicates the presence of the 3 wing from my point of view (not to the degree of a 3 primary though, as it is obvious individuality and expression are key for you with this). From what I have noticed pure 4w5s and 5w4s tend to have more of an idiosyncratic style that is not quite as "form" aware as yours; you seem to operate from the get-go with the awareness of the final presentation in mind, while 4w5s and 5w4s tend to have less openness in this manner with regards to how they construct their arguments. There seems to be more of a drive to be an iconoclast among those types that I don't see with you too often, as they have more of a tendency in my pov to be more hardlined about the facts and being right, even to the point of muddling clarity and the purpose of the discussion/argument in the first place, a rarity compared to your typical facilitative and holistic approach in vent/on the forum.
For your head and gut fixes I am not quite as certain, but for your head I suspect 6w5...mainly because of the lack of overall 7ness about your demeanor, you seem more a single pillar or laser beam compared to the scattered tone of 7 fixed people, so much so that I would rule out 7 as being a possible wing even. Although it is a bit of a toss-up between the 5 and the 6 here, I must say that at the very least your social approach comes across as much more 6-like than 5ish. I have noticed a tendency/approach in you to scan a person's general tone and value system to assess their inner loyalties and group allegiance, somewhat in a relaxed yet calculated manner, which strikes me as far more 6 oriented than 5 (although this could be my imagination somewhat, or perhaps your So instinct at play, but who is to say that the manifestation of the type is unaffected by the instinctual stackings?). Although you tend to, in my mind, lead with your strong heart 4 fix in social and romantic relations, marring the visibility of the core trust issue of the 6, I think it is something that still exists with you, but more as something that you cope with in silence rather than out in the open, causing private grief. For your gut, I'm fairly certain it is 9w1, with the possibility of 9w8 as well, simply by ruling out 1 and 8 as a core type and noting your “harmonizer” qualities. Although a strong case has been made for you being a 9 primary...for me personally, having a brother who is an INFJ 4w3, and a father who is a 9w1, as well as many friends of that type, you seem 4 > 9 fairly certainly (heart awareness just simply stronger than gut awareness is obvious to me).

Overall my guess is 4w3(5?) – 6w5 – 9w1(8?) So/Sx.

^This.

:) :) :)

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Some discussion of my type in ventrilo. I scored unusually on my last enneagram/socionics test.

Enneagram Test Results

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 38%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||| 14%

type score type behavior motivation
1 19 I must be perfect and good to survive.
4 16 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 16 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
3 15 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
9 15 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
2 13 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
6 13 I must be secure and safe to survive.
7 9 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
8 3 I must be strong and in control to survive.

Your main type is Type 1
Your variant stacking is so/sp/sx
Your level of health is very low, i.e. very unhealthy

The Extended Socionics Test

Your Sociotype: EII-0 (INFj)

Brief Description of the EII

Using introverted feeling as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the EII is adept at understanding people's internal drive and motivation. She often acts reserved, respectful, and polite around others she does not know well but will eventually open up more. She implicitly trusts her intuition when judging someone, and this intuition serves her well at grasping more abstract concepts. EIIs need to constantly set new goals for themselves and they care deeply about meeting these goals. However it should be noted that these goals are very personal, and she places less weight on the conventional achievements that society values, so often any correlation is largely coincidental. At her best, the EII is known for respecting other people's beliefs and values while also being an overachiever at school and work; at her worst, the EII's compassion and empathy can cause her undue harm when the people she cares about are suffering. Overall, the EII cares about diligence, meeting one's individuals goals, and respecting others; she distates behavior that is overtly loud, abrasive, or aggressive.

Other Possible Types

IEE (ENFp): 82% as likely as EII.
IEI (INFp): 75% as likely as EII.
EIE (ENFj): 70% as likely as EII.

@Wind Up Rex @Mane @superunknown @shortnsweet @Nights and Days [MENTION=6071]Time[/MENTION]
They are tossing around the notion if I could be an ISFJ or Fi.

S

Society

Some discussion of my type in ventrilo. I scored unusually on my last enneagram/socionics test.

@Wind Up Rex @Mane @superunknown @shortnsweet @Nights and Days @Time
They are tossing around the notion if I could be an ISFJ or Fi.

to bring here my argument from last night for the sake of debate:

it is entirely dependent on semantic:
if we define N as abstract thinking & pattern recognition, theoretical & idealistic inclinations, then you are an N - very much so. but if seek the distinction between the more puritan of Jung's Ni and modern interpretations of Ni (in which Ni is Si for the intelligentsia) - you might be the poster child. this isn't a disclaimer to not offend, this is a disclaimer that it should all be viewed as underlining an IF sentence - if we determine that Ni & Si mean C & D rather then A & B.

you are a folklore archivist, not only of community activity but of intellectual folklore - its the incredibly rich mental collection of poetry and tapestry of academic thoughts that mark your data points. they are non-traditional, they are geared towards inciting out of the box thinking, they certainly would not be the Si same data points that crafted the description of SJs (which were apparently raised by american 50's to meet the world's bureaucratic requirements), but they are still just that - a rich collection of intellectual works providing the groundwork for your mental map.
as with both functions - you demonstrate a very personal relationship with experiences & symbolism - but you seem to consciously seek and try to conceptualize the meaning of the presented data. while Jung's Ni, data is used to construct mental frameworks in which one can support the experienced meaning as it comes from a compressed and barely differentiated format.essentially - the first and most strongly experienced mental reaction is the meaning (often described as a visceral reaction), the data comes to to support it - "walking backwards to the mountain top". you contemplate the data to derive the personal and make conscious connections with it, which suggests that what is granted to you - and most obvious in your mind after any new information - is the data itself.
last but not least (and i'll admit this has the highest potential of incorporating my own biases), there is a reason it is described with dramatic shifts of perspective, Ni is in a way the most forgetful of functions, creating a new framework with each step without remembering it's last. Ni builds mental framework from which it's position makes sense. it can't see itself form the perspective of another - it can't really adopt a framework it didn't construct in the first place, experiencing their own perspective as a meta perspective of all that they considered worth considering, the end all and be all. the most noticeable and distinct ability of Ni dom is the ability to rationalize perspective B on perspective A, and perspective C on perspective B, holding contradicting notion to perspective A with barely any recognition of having just held that very position they are now arguing against at the beginning of the thought from which their current argument stands from. they view themselves as the position they now take to rationalize the meanings they now see, not as the lifelong continuum and accumulation of who they've being. to put it bluntly: you aren't Ni blind.

i think this points towards a very strong use of Si rather then Ni, which can either come from the top (ISFJ running on Si-Fe) or the bottom (INFP running on Fi-Si), the later of which aligns with socionics Fi the way it is described in delta's (positive/welcoming Fi), and can with some stretch of the imagination be attributed to MBTI Fi (in particularly as described by dario nardi as "the listening function"), but i have a hard time reasoning that you are ruled by jung's Fi, in which he described feeling rational's as "if i don't feel it, i can't think it" <- that doesn't seem to hold true for you.

..all of that being said, in the end of the day this depends more on which semantic model you choose to go by, not on which type "you truly are" - you stay the same person in either systems, but the results is requiring often conflicting definitions in order to describe you - and that serves more to showcase not who you are so much as the difference between the systems and competing semantic webs (which incidentally was exactly what i was doing when this came up in the first place).

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
[MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION]

I kept thinking about this and hoping more insight would appear. It hasn't, but I think it's about time I replied! :)

I think INFJ is clear. I'm far from knowledgeable about Enneagram, but I think your tritype is 415. Perfectionism is strong, but I have an intuition that it's a result of individualism. For the variant preference, I'd say sp/so.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Vas do you feel overwhelmed when socializing/interacting?

Because one would have expected the op as a 'j' type (esp a fj) to sail this boat by making more interactions with the participants esp considering that the feedback is polite friendly and positive.

Maybe it's an e4 trait.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the best type me thread I have ever seen. [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION], you were very thorough in the OP. It's an excellent example of how someone can approach this kind of thread and get excellent feedback.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
6 - mirrors

2 - geisha

9 - knows will be wished away

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP