• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused Over Gut Fix Wing...

What is my gut fix's wing?

• Total voters

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sadly, I am not big on the "wings" of your fixes. I've seen bloody battles (people openly putting others down for an implication that their last fix is 1w2 over 1w9, etc.) fought over this stuff, which is, to me, just hair splitting and definitely NOT worth losing sleep over.

According to many theorists (pretty much everyone but Riso and Hudson, actually), we don't even have wings on our core type--instead, you should see yourself in the types and mindsets surrounding your core type. Some people do have strong characteristics of one over the other but that's by no means universal.

As to your fixes, those are secondary patterns and it may not be obvious if it shares characteristics of a wing or not.

As a core 6 [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION], you theoretically should see some 7ness anyway, so that may not be the best approach to determining the wing on your gut.

From what I've seen, generally folks identify their wing just by going with the description they feel best suits them, to give an overall feel of their personality (that's how I do it). If they're both about equal, consider it a balanced wing.

I've also seen people ask themselves--how do I sometimes resolve "gut(head/heart) issues"? In your case, if you sometimes use 7ish strategies to resolve issues of violation, give it a 7wing; if you sometimes go 9ish, give it that wing instead. (Of course, as a 6 you can access both those energies as well, so you need to focus on the times when you "shift" into being more 8ish. You might have to wait to observe it).

It may simply be that your gut-fix is centered between 7 and 9 as well. You might just be 8dw.

Alea_iacta_est

(Of course, as a 6 you can access both those energies as well, so you need to focus on the times when you "shift" into being more 8ish. You might have to wait to observe it).

Somebody get [MENTION=21198]infinity-[/MENTION] to say something about Socionics here. Let's get this over with. XD

ATTENTION WHORING HAS NEVER FELT SO GOOOD!!!

One of the greatest benefits of type me threads. So gratifying to have an audience listen to you and talk about you while you lap up all the attention.

For the record, I do this too, so I think you're finally letting your inner w9 free and it's integrating to 3 and seeking attention.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Somebody get [MENTION=21198]infinity-[/MENTION] to say something about Socionics here. Let's get this over with. XD

Yes, he should say something about how the Enneagram and MBTI are just one system

That we actually have four enneafixes, and that they correlate directly to the MB dichotomies

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
One of the greatest benefits of type me threads. So gratifying to have an audience listen to you and talk about you while you lap up all the attention.

For the record, I do this too, so I think you're finally letting your inner w9 free and it's integrating to 3 and seeking attention.

:laugh:

Starry

NO IT'S NOT!!!!!

*wait*

:thinking:

haha. I love this thread and I'm so glad you started it (especially as its been weighing heavily on you.) I'm fading fast here and have a date with the Godfather movie...which I learned yesterday is the second most liked/popular movie of all time (?) edit: behind Citizen Kane.

I will return to this.
I also tagged Elfboy and await his commentary.

Also if someone would explain to me here what this 'sw' stuff is about I would really appreciate it...
I've actually learned a lot here tonight.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I also tagged Elfboy and await his commentary.

Holy SHIT you can thread tag people to threads you didn't even start?!?

God that sounds like a recipe for disaster...

Also if someone would explain to me here what this 'sw' stuff is about I would really appreciate it...
I've actually learned a lot here tonight.

:rofl1:

Is that how these usually end?

That seemed so... professionally executed.

You must be a true veteran.

:worthy:

Starry

Holy SHIT you can thread tag people to threads you didn't even start?!?

God that sounds like a recipe for disaster...

:rofl1:

Is that how these usually end?

That seemed so... professionally executed.

You must be a true veteran.

:worthy:

Are you able to see the Elfboy tag?

And why is my quote assigned to Ginkgo? haha. I hope this isn't ending as I'm pretty sure Ginkgo meant what he said. Ginkgo is just sick today.

Starry

Are you able to see the Elfboy tag?

And why is my quote assigned to Ginkgo? haha. I hope this isn't ending as I'm pretty sure Ginkgo meant what he said. Ginkgo is just sick today.

Ginkgo is also serious about getting his 'sw' question answered.

"The Witch of Izalith attempted to duplicate the First Flame from a soul, but instead created a distorted being of chaos and fire. Its power formed a bed of life which consumed the witch and her followers: The Bed of Chaos, source of all demons."

:happy2: