• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Road To Self-Discovery Commences!

What's My Type?

• INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • ISTP

• ISFP

• ESTP

• ESFP

• ISTJ

• ISFJ

• ESTJ

• ESFJ

• INTJ

• INFJ

• ENTJ

• ENFJ

• Total voters

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Well, I tend to be dramatic. I would also like to know my enneagram type. Enneagram seems intriguing.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
For obvious reasons, I do not think I can answer this question. I'm still a noob to typology. I would predominantly get INTP, ENTP and INFP in online tests but apparently, they're inaccurate and unreliable. And anyway, I might be prone to being uncertain about my personality type, seeing as I'm quite indecisive and my personality tends fluctuate. I'm not even sure who the real me is. I won't be surprised if I were to attempt this very questionnaire tomorrow and write different answers.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Because of my aforementioned indecisiveness, I don't even know anymore. I guess I've just given up thinking about what I want to accomplish. Sometimes I want to be a director, sometimes a writer, occasionally an economist, oftentimes a game designer, I even had brief ventures at astronomy (I find astrophysics fascinating) and neuroscience. It's as if I'm an imaginary polymath. At the moment, I'm just lazily scavenging for opportunities.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I cannot really recall when exactly I felt my finest. Anyway, my efforts to quantify my experiences fail because there is a plethora of subjective variables to consider.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Hmmmm.... when I'm accused of being stupid or shallow, which doesn't happen often. Also, when people beat me at my own game. When someone is superior to me in a spectrum of ability that I pride myself in. It's as if what I like about myself has been stolen. Yes, mostly when people downgrade my intelligence. Many people dismiss adjectives like "eccentric" and "weird" but I embrace them. Being weird makes me distinguished. It gives me a sense of individualism. A case of identity (great story, incidentally, one of my favorites from the Sherlock Holmes books written by Arthur Conan Doyle, speaking of which, I do relate to Sherlock from the BBC series).

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Pros and cons. Advantages and Disadvantages. All from my perspective, of course. I think about people in the sense that I contemplate how the consequences of my decisions might affect other people. Emotions do occasionally factor in my decisions. I also tend to make decisions on impulse. Oh, and of course, I'm very indecisive so I avoid making decisions in the first place.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I take a casual approach. My emphasis? Hmmm.... I'm not sure. What kind of projects are we talking about, anyway?
I'm not sure.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Again, I cannot particularly recall. I'm very nostalgic and I do retrospect and reminisce almost as a recreation, but I never bother to think about the past to that extent. I'm more interested in understanding how I've changed, or why I am what I am, if that makes any sense.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Theorize, I guess. I'm awful at hands-on work and I find memorization futile and strenuous. I think contemplation and rumination describe my approach best, with some external research and speculation.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
My room is definitely a mess but it usually remains clean because my roommate for whatever reason seems to enjoy cleaning it, which confuses me. My mind? I try to organize it in vain. It's full of random stuff. I also tend to go off on tangents a lot.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Both. Or to be more accurate, I think a lot but I somehow always end up speaking before thinking.
Group discussions tend to be more interesting because more people are involved, which means more opinions and more perspectives. It's fun to observe how other people interact. Frankly, I find one-on-one communication boring and in some cases, even intimidating because it requires me to maintain eye contact and I'm horrible at that.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Both, again. Just give me a bit of information about where I'm jumping and then I'll jump right away, so probably the former. Of course, I usually end up not jumping at all because I get too caught up in the idea of jumping, I imagine I've already jumped. Suddenly, I'm thinking about what I'm gonna do after I jump.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Go out. I can watch my favorite show later on the internet due to the marvels of technology. It's static. It can be accessed anytime in the future. The internet, the recap on the telly, the producer's studio, etc. My friends might not do what they intend to do tomorrow.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I try to distract myself and self-indulge. Obviously, this can potentially lead to more problems, subsequently expanding the stress. Paradoxical.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who are (I was originally going to type who're because of my indolence) narrow-minded, sycophantic and prejudiced. People who say or imply,
"That isn't possible so stop thinking about it."
"Get back to reality. That has never happened before so it won't happen again."
"Be normal. You should do what everyone else does."
"You made a mistake yesterday, so you will keep doing it forever. You won't change."
"That's wrong because no one else does it that way."
"Marijuana should be abolished because our ancestors think it's wrong."

Well... you get the drift.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
About our mutual interests and preferences, I guess. Also, telling people about observations I find interesting.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
I think I have a short attention span.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Their perceptions differ in relation to my relationship with them. For example, the perception of my closest friend would differ from the perception of a friend I've just made.
They would never call me boisterous, superficial, emotional and outgoing, I guess.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Browsing on the internet, reading, playing video games, hanging out with friends (exception - parties), etc. Of course, if I had the resources and the fortitude, I would also love to go to the moon, buy a mansion, write a novel, climb the Mount Everest and the like.

I'll answer the remaining questions soon... hopefully, this is adequate at the moment.
To tell you the truth, no disrespect intended to anyone in particular, but this questionnaire fails to encompass the complexity of my character (I'm prone to narcissism, but not now). The questions are also vague and do not take changeability of behavior and thought process into account. I have so many things to tell about myself but I cannot organize and verbalize them so I think I'm also at fault here. Just keep asking me questions.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Give me a few hours and I will do a full analysis for you! I just have some errands to run first.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Hello, new fellow! You're actually not hard to type -> Ne dom ( ENTP or ENFP).
Want proof? Well I'm gonna pick out your answers that refer to Ne. Just give me some time. ;)

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I would predominantly get INTP, ENTP and INFP in online tests
Ne doms are the most introverted extraverted types within mbti. We frequently need time alone to reflect and introspect. I got the same results throughout my search for my own type. I recommend you to do a functions test, for example http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

And anyway, I might be prone to being uncertain about my personality type, seeing as I'm quite indecisive and my personality tends fluctuate. I'm not even sure who the real me is.
Fi's are constantly in search of their "true self". We have the desire to understand ourselves and to know who we are. If Ti users get interested in typology they usually want to know how the system works and maybe how to use it. (May sound a little biased...)

Sometimes I want to be a director, sometimes a writer, occasionally an economist, oftentimes a game designer, I even had brief ventures at astronomy (I find astrophysics fascinating) and neuroscience. It's as if I'm an imaginary polymath. At the moment, I'm just lazily scavenging for opportunities.
You're interested in a broad field of topics and can't decide which one interests you the most. Sounds like a typical Ne problem to me.

I think about people in the sense that I contemplate how the consequences of my decisions might affect other people. Emotions do occasionally factor in my decisions. I also tend to make decisions on impulse. Oh, and of course, I'm very indecisive so I avoid making decisions in the first place.
That's a core element of the feeling temperament. Thinkers tend to decide by what's necessary over how a decision will affect people.
Also, deciding on impulse is an extravert thing and avoiding decisionmaking indicates that you're a perceiver.

I think I don't need to read on, you're definitely an ENFP.

Oh, and for your Enneagram:
I try to distract myself and self-indulge. Obviously, this can potentially lead to more problems, subsequently expanding the stress. Paradoxical.
Enneagram 7s tend to deal with problems by distracting themselves or pushing the issue away. For example: Hank Moody from Californication binges for a week because he feels guilty for a death case.

I think you're an ENFP 7w6 sx/sp or sp/sx. Sp's are more driven and ambitions while sx sometimes can appear like 4s or 5s. Sx is also the most artistic subtype.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I would dissect everything for you, but literally everything screams Ne dom to me. For some reason you come off as a T type, but that doesn't seem quite right.

Based on what you've said, my verdict is an ENFP 7w8 sx/sp. You kind of have this 8 wing "edge" about you that makes you seem like less of an F type, but I just can't see you as an ENTP. You think too much of others, and yet I didn't really see anything too much around values. Maybe it's the questionnaire?

Anyway, that's my verdict.

Alea_iacta_est

ENTP. ILE-Ti in Socionics most likely, and Enneagram 7 especially with your answer to number 15.

Question 16 specifically shows clinging to Ne Hero perspective under Se and Ni ego threats, as well as some negative expression with inf. Si.

Question 20 specifically showcases Ne fantastical possibility assessment, valuing what is possible (Ne) rather than what is probable/feasible (Ni-Se axis).

Also, with the more controversial stance on this site that Socionics and JCF have hard-cut correlations, Fe in the Super-Id block for a lack of care concerning social norms (Tertiary function specifically) with your response indicating apathy toward being labeled "eccentric, weird" (Super-Ego Fe types would experience criticism to this area as unduly harsh and unfair, it is possible that your Fe could lie in the Id block)

Argument against ENFP: Several instances could be listed from this questionnaire that evoke a T mindset.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Argument against ENFP: Several instances could be listed from this questionnaire that evoke a T mindset.

Yeah I'm kinda leaning toward ENTP myself... I just need more info. They remind me a bit of some old ENTPs that used to post here.

Alea_iacta_est

Yeah I'm kinda leaning toward ENTP myself... I just need more info. They remind me a bit of some old ENTPs that used to post here.

I think what is tripping people up is the fact that the OP seems to have some sort of command over the feeling function due to a few of his responses, but I believe those answers to be more indicative of Fe than Fi, and more justly placed in the Tertiary slot. More information would probably indeed solve this quickly.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Thank you all for your responses! I can provide more information in the form of Q's and A's.
I'm 17 years old, by the way.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
How does one differentiate ENTP (Ti) from ENFP (Fi)? By the way, why haven't INTP or INFP been considered? I think I might be an introvert rather than an extrovert.

Do ask me more questions!

yeghor

How does one differentiate ENTP (Ti) from ENFP (Fi)? By the way, why haven't INTP or INFP been considered? I think I might be an introvert rather than an extrovert.

Are you a brony?

Do you like or own cats?

What kind of movie, novel or anime character you identify yourself with? And why specifically?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Are you a brony?

Do you like or own cats?

What kind of movie, novel or anime character you identify yourself with? And why specifically?

No.

I would be interested in owning a cat, yes.

I can't recall any specific characters I relate to.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP

Extraversion as it is defined by Jung doesn't refer to behavior in the first place. Extraverts are stimulated by the outside world, which means that they need interaction, wheter it is people or things. Introverts are the opposite. They are stimulated by the inside world. This may sound trivial, but it's that way broke down to its core elements. Now, Ne-doms can, according to reports get lost in their head, so they are somewhat in between.

Asking people how they relate to that always seems to work. How would you feel after you spent a whole weekend completely alone? Would you feel drained or didn't notice it?

I'll come back later to explain Fi and Ti. Googlw some descriptions.