• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Road To Self-Discovery Commences!

What's My Type?

• INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • ISTP

• ISFP

• ESTP

• ESFP

• ISTJ

• ISFJ

• ESTJ

• ESFJ

• INTJ

• INFJ

• ENTJ

• ENFJ

• Total voters

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Extraversion as it is defined by Jung doesn't refer to behavior in the first place. Extraverts are stimulated by the outside world, which means that they need interaction, wheter it is people or things. Introverts are the opposite. They are stimulated by the inside world. This may sound trivial, but it's that way broke down to its core elements. Now, Ne-doms can, according to reports get lost in their head, so they are somewhat in between.

Asking people how they relate to that always seems to work. How would you feel after you spent a whole weekend completely alone? Would you feel drained or didn't notice it?

I'll come back later to explain Fi and Ti. Googlw some descriptions.

I wouldn't notice it because I'm accustomed to it, but I will feel quite despondent and disappointed. In fact, the deficiency of social interaction in my life has been worrying me recently, even to the point of depressing me.

Here's the important question. Isn't browsing the internet a form of external stimulation? I recall that I used to be quite extroverted before I got introduced to the internet. My parents say that I would be reluctant to stay in my home back then.

I don't even get the opportunity to understand whether I get stimulated in the company of people because of my immense social anxiety.

I notice two people have voted for the 'INFP' option without stating any reasons. What do y'all think?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Actually, I did find myself relating to Ryuk while watching Death Note. Additionally, I related to L's idiosyncratic nature. The deadpan humor, especially.
However, overall, I'm not sure what kind of characters I identify with.

yeghor

Ryuk is ESxP I guess...

L is INTP... If you are introverted and socially clumsy like L you may be an INTP... Do you feel anxiety though, increased heart rate, tightening and pressure in chest, hyperventilation etc...? Do you easily feel frightened, angry, irritated etc... or do you have flattened feelings?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Ryuk is ESxP I guess...

L is INTP... If you are introverted and socially clumsy like L you may be an INTP... Do you feel anxiety though, increased heart rate, tightening and pressure in chest, hyperventilation etc...? Do you easily feel frightened, angry, irritated etc... or do you have flattened feelings?

I'm definitely socially clumsy which, I assume, may have led to what I call my possible pseudo-introversion. Not sure about the rest, but anxiety? Absolutely. I can be easily irritated but not angry or frightened.

yeghor

I'm definitely socially clumsy which, I assume, may have led to what I call my possible pseudo-introversion. Not sure about the rest, but anxiety? Absolutely. I can be easily irritated but not angry or frightened.

What irritates you most of the time? How do you act when irritated? How do you cope with it? What's your flight response and your fight response?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
What irritates you most of the time? How do you act when irritated? How do you cope with it? What's your flight response and your fight response?

A variety of factors, it would be futile to specify them.
When irritated, I can become passive-aggressive and blunt. I can also be unusually assertive and highly critical of anything that irks me. I seldom exert my irritation physically.
Well, it just fades away soon. I don't have to cope with it. If the feeling of irritation is being caused by something I cannot avoid, I just sulk and become absolutely pessimistic about my situation. I start thinking of everything wrong with the world.
Hmmmm... not sure about that.

yeghor

A variety of factors, it would be futile to specify them.
When irritated, I can become passive-aggressive and blunt. I can also be unusually assertive and highly critical of anything that irks me. I seldom exert my irritation physically.

It's not futile... Just describe the last instance you become irritated... And how you reacted to it...

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
It's not futile... Just describe the last instance you become irritated... And how you reacted to it...

Well, actually I did have a brief altercation with my sister last night where I did get irritated. We were watching V for Vendetta when we watched this sequence about a lesbian couple. My sister grimaced and whispered, "disgusting!". Well, I did get a little irritated at that and started arguing with her. Eventually, I had to stop when I realized she would be instigated to tell our parents about the situation and for some reason, I suspect my parents aren't too fond of the idea of homosexuality either. They're quite the traditionalists. I can't blame my sister, though. She's barely a child and she was brought up by a family of conventional beliefs. I'm the dark horse of my family.

yeghor

Well, actually I did have a brief altercation with my sister last night where I did get irritated. We were watching V for Vendetta when we watched this sequence about a lesbian couple. My sister grimaced and whispered, "disgusting!". Well, I did get a little irritated at that and started arguing with her. Eventually, I had to stop when I realized she would be instigated to tell our parents about the situation and for some reason, I suspect my parents aren't too fond of the idea of homosexuality either. They're quite the traditionalists. I can't blame my sister, though. She's barely a child and she was brought up by a family of conventional beliefs. I'm the dark horse of my family.

But what were you irritated with specifically in that?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
But what were you irritated with specifically in that?

Bigotry, I guess? Not that I'm accusing her of being a bigot. In fact, I think I kinda overdid it by arguing with her. It's not like she was directly criticizing them. I just think it's absurd for people to execrate people for being different. The reproduction argument is understandable, but the condemnation is unaccountable. It's not like they chose their sexual orientation. Think about it. The main reason why homosexuals are abhorred is because of the fact that it's considered inherently wrong by society. They have no reasonable excuse to abhor homosexuals. Convention. That's the problem. People cling on to fallacious beliefs of the past without question because they want to preserve their religion and tradition.

yeghor

Bigotry, I guess? Not that I'm accusing her of being a bigot. In fact, I think I kinda overdid it by arguing with her. It's not like she was directly criticizing them. I just think it's absurd for people to execrate people for being different. The reproduction argument is understandable, but the condemnation is unaccountable. It's not like they chose their sexual orientation. Think about it. The main reason why homosexuals are abhorred is because of the fact that it's considered inherently wrong by society. They have no reasonable excuse to abhor homosexuals. Convention. That's the problem. People cling on to fallacious beliefs of the past without question because they want to preserve their religion and tradition.

You must have felt some kind of similarity with the situation and personalized it... Do you feel pressured by societal rules and expectations or is there something else that compelled you to act that way?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
You must have felt some kind of similarity with the situation and personalized it... Do you feel pressured by societal rules and expectations or is there something else that compelled you to act that way?

Well... yes. I'm often reprimanded for doing things independently and in my own way, as if the standard way is somehow the sole correct way. I'm also reproached for my idiosyncrasies. One day, my father was actually annoyed at me because I was brushing my teeth after shower. He thought this was 'wrong' because everyone else he knew brushed their teeth before shower. I dislike societal rules, especially in social gatherings. It makes the whole process of socialization seem mechanical and fake. Not relevant to the question, but I don't like being introduced to people. I would rather know them myself. Being introduced makes me feel like I'm an object from a social exhibition.

yeghor

I don't know but IxTPs' inferior (4th) function is Fe, which is related to social framework, proper social behaviour and being able to read other people's feelings (like distress, irritation etc.) as well as noticing social cues...

All types are allergic to their respective inferior function...A Fe-inferior would feel irritated when social expectations are placed on them for instance...

Read INTP descriptions...

http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

http://typelogic.com/intp.html

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/personality/types/intp/overview/

http://www.typefinder.com/intp

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I don't know but IxTPs' inferior (4th) function is Fe, which is related to social framework, proper social behaviour and being able to read other people's feelings (like distress, irritation etc.) as well as noticing social cues...

All types are allergic to their respective inferior function...A Fe-inferior would feel irritated when social expectations are placed on them for instance...

Read INTP descriptions...

http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

http://typelogic.com/intp.html

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/personality/types/intp/overview/

http://www.typefinder.com/intp

Thanks for your help! I'm perusing them at the moment.

Wait! I just remembered this. I related a lot to the protagonist from An Abundance of Katherines. He was even suffering from the same sort of depression that I usually suffer in the beginning of the book. Existential crisis, I think.

In the meanwhile, any more opinions or/and questions, fellow earthlings (there's always a possibility that a cat or an orangutan is seeing this currently)? The poll is discordant with the conclusions presented in written, and that is somewhat disturbing.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Test Results

Your Sociotype: LII-0 (INTj)

Brief Description of the LII

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have; at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant. Learn more about the LII here!

Other Possible Types

ILE (ENTp): 91% as likely as LII.
ILI (INTp): 61% as likely as LII.
LSI (ISTj): 57% as likely as LII.
- See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#sthash.wca1yX3b.dpuf

Looks like it all comes down to INTP (INTj) and ENTP, with an inclination towards the former.

yeghor

Test Results

Your Sociotype: LII-0 (INTj)

Brief Description of the LII

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have; at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant. Learn more about the LII here!

Other Possible Types

ILE (ENTp): 91% as likely as LII.
ILI (INTp): 61% as likely as LII.
LSI (ISTj): 57% as likely as LII.
- See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#sthash.wca1yX3b.dpuf

Looks like it all comes down to INTP (INTj) and ENTP, with an inclination towards the former.

Contrary to popular belief, I believe that INTj = INTJ in MBTI... And INTJs and ENTPs can act like each other from time to time cause they are mirror images of each other functions-wise... So if you are a jumpy, chatty, bouncy kind you are an ENTP... If you are the silent, thinking, less talkative type, you are an INTJ...

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Contrary to popular belief, I believe that INTj = INTJ in MBTI... And INTJs and ENTPs can act like each other from time to time cause they are mirror images of each other functions-wise... So if you are a jumpy, chatty, bouncy kind you are an ENTP... If you are the silent, thinking, less talkative type, you are an INTJ...

Interesting. But then, considering the functions, LII is directly the Socionics equivalent of INTP, right?
I still can't decide between them. Judging by that, I'm more of an INTJ but I don't think I use the cognitive functions associated with the type.

yeghor

Enneagram type 7

The Busy, Fun-Loving Type:
Spontaneous, Versatile, Acquisitive, and Scattered
(The Manic-Depressive and Histrionic Personality Disorders)

Basic Fear: Of being deprived and in pain
Basic Desire: To be satisfied and content — to have their needs fulfilled
Enneagram Seven with a Six-Wing: "The Entertainer"
Enneagram Seven with an Eight-Wing: "The Realist"

At Their Best: Assimilate experiences in depth, making them deeply grateful and appreciative for what they have. Become awed by the simple wonders of life: joyous and ecstatic. Intimations of spiritual reality, of the boundless goodness of life.

Average: As restlessness increases, want to have more options and choices available to them. Become adventurous and "worldly wise," but less focused, constantly seeking new things and experiences: the sophisticate, connoisseur, and consumer. Money, variety, keeping up with the latest trends important. / Unable to discriminate what they really need, become hyperactive, unable to say "no" to themselves, throwing self into constant activity. Uninhibited, doing and saying whatever comes to mind: storytelling, flamboyant exaggerations, witty wise-cracking, performing. Fear being bored: in perpetual motion, but do too many things — many ideas but little follow through. / Get into conspicuous consumption and all forms of excess. Self-centered, materialistic, and greedy, never feeling that they have enough. Demanding and pushy, yet unsatisfied and jaded. Addictive, hardened, and insensitive.

Key Motivations: Want to maintain their freedom and happiness, to avoid missing out on worthwhile experiences, to keep themselves excited and occupied, to avoid and discharge pain.

Examples: John F. Kennedy, Benjamin Franklin, Leonard Bernstein, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Elizabeth Taylor, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Steven Spielberg, Federico Fellini, Richard Feynman, Timothy Leary, Robin Williams, Jim Carey, Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz, Bette Midler, Chuck Berry, Elton John, Mick Jagger, Gianni Versace, Liza Minelli, Joan Collins, Malcolm Forbes, Noel Coward, Sarah Ferguson, Larry King, Joan Rivers, Regis Philbin, Howard Stern, John Belushi, and "Auntie Mame" (Mame).

Check Richard Feynman's flamboyant and lively conversing and story-telling style and his facial expressions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YltEym9H0x4

INTJs look more stoic... their face looks like paralyzed, cold... consider how you are when you are at school or out of home... which one do you see more in yourself?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I think I use a fair amount of facial expressions and gestures (especially the gestures, I move my hands a lot when I talk, to the extent that it has occasionally been a subject of ridicule) but I'm not as animated as Richard Feynman in the video.

"Uninhibited, doing and saying whatever comes to mind: storytelling, flamboyant exaggerations, witty wise-cracking, performing."

Cross out performing and that's me when I'm comfortable.

Also, I'm fun-loving but not in that sense.... it sounds too active and energetic.

yeghor

Interesting. But then, considering the functions, LII is directly the Socionics equivalent of INTP, right?
I still can't decide between them. Judging by that, I'm more of an INTJ but I don't think I use the cognitive functions associated with the type.

I don't know how the function conversion from socio to mbti work... I read the descriptions and decided that the types are directly convertible...

So LII (INTp) description sounds to me like INTJ rather than INTP...

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept (INTPs work on hard\tangible knowledge rather than abstract) of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. (These are personal Ni conclusion and patterns that INTJ discovers and accumulates in his\her lifetime) When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have (abstract and possibility are N functions domain, so N-dominant type); at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. (INTJs and INFJs are inferior in Se function, which is about immediate and present physical environment, if they fail to take physical circumstances into account in their abstract ideas, their ideas become inapplicable in reality...) Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant. Learn more about the LII here!