• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

is chanaynay so/sx or sx/so?

what is chanaynay's instinct variant?

• Total voters

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, I've questioned my MBTI and kept it the same, my Enneagram and kept it the same, and now I'm doing my instinct variants haha.

Reading Naranjo's description on Social 7 is what first got me guessing. It painted Social 7 as much more of a do-gooder, status-conscious, and self-sacrificial than I am. So I'm not sure if I should just trust Naranjo and question my own type or the other way around.

I do prioritize social concerns such as mainstream media, tending to my interpersonal connections, seeing what things imply from a social perspective, etc. And my demeanor is generally more effusive, accepting, and open like your classic so/sx. At the same time I'm not really gentle either and my interaction style is more intense and fiery.

I also place heavy emphasis on connecting with others, intensity of my relationships with people or symbols (even how I feel about Kelly Clarkson carries a lot of intense meaning and I have an intense connection with her that probably looks ridiculous haha), etc. I'm always looking for something to "complete" me - so far I've been actively worried about finding "the one." I don't really actively worry about other things as much. I mostly worry about just feeling out of place when I'm in a crowded place by myself, although only when I know other people around there know me. Being around strangers I couldn't care less.

Also I relate much more to syn-flow than contra-flow.

Anyway, ask me questions or whatever. I don't feel like typing out a whole shpeel because you guys know me well enough.

Thanks!!

Starry

Sexual: Suggestibility. More extraterrestrial; actually not very sexual—more poetic, more the dreamer.
The "charmed charmer." Prestidigitator. More narcissistic. Like being in love, more enthusiastic
("Tomorrow my enthusiasm might take me in another direction"), mania. Not so much into pleasures of
this world, more extraterrestrial. May not be very sexual in the literal sense.

Social: Service. More ambitious, Six-ish, willing to accept limitations in service of recognition; also very
helpful/giving of love in search of recognition; sweetness in exchange for service. Creating an imaginary
"perfectionism" (Dickens almost killed himself with hard work). "Good people," do-gooders. Echoes the
Two a bit, "seducing" the world. A bit of an Epicurean, a sense of sensationalism (Walt Whitman).
Monkey mind.

^^I'm cracking up how the above interpretation of Naranjo's sexual 7 mentions twice 'not very sexual' haha. Still want to be a sexual 7 [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] ?

http://www.enneagramcentral.com/Enneagram/Subtypes/Subtype%20Seven%20Intimate.htm

Social 7: intellect/action; Sexual 7: intellect/intellect

^^oh this says something like pt. 4 & 5 <-but that's 'part.' That clip covers 6,7 & 8.

Chanaynay, I'm failing you here with resources.
I won't bore you with why this is happening

I'll continue to look...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:thinking: It's a good question. You're...smoother than most sx-so's I know but that could be the 7 not wanting to get stuck in one place for too long and avoiding conflict that way. But if you'dve asked me without telling me you typed so-sx, idve probably considered you one of us, yes - you do have that enfp flirty thing going and you can go pretty intense on that :D

The question really is 'What do you obsess about?'

Your first instinct isn't necessarily something you have to be good at or even obvious in - it is usually the thing that preoccupies your mind though at any given moment; the thing you are most aware of and self-conscious of at any point in time.

Your second instinct is usually the one you're most competent or adequate in because you do not have your ego invested in it as you do with your first - making it easier to master it, and being less at risk to engage in the unhealthier behaviour that is associated with it.

So...group of people, good reputation, community feel, many hands make light, navigating and networking with people, being in good standing and feeling like you belong - like to a tribe

or

Sexual tension, being considered attractive, easily jealous and competitive, intense passion and feeling alive, championing povs, striving to understand something feverishly, finding out who is intriguing to get to know and who packs the juice - not necessarily the prestige or power, but raw presence - in this joint?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think so/sx still -- you really vibe social-first to me, from how you are on the forum and on social media.

How many typing threads is this now? ;)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^^I'm cracking up how the above interpretation of Naranjo's sexual 7 mentions twice 'not very sexual' haha.

Actually, with the info you posted above that has me leaning towards social 7. :D I'll bold what I related to:

Sexual: Suggestibility. More extraterrestrial; actually not very sexual—more poetic, more the dreamer.
The "charmed charmer." Prestidigitator. More narcissistic. Like being in love, more enthusiastic
("Tomorrow my enthusiasm might take me in another direction"), mania. Not so much into pleasures of
this world, more extraterrestrial. May not be very sexual in the literal sense.

Social: Service. More ambitious, Six-ish, willing to accept limitations in service of recognition; also very
helpful/giving of love in search of recognition; sweetness in exchange for service. Creating an imaginary
"perfectionism" (Dickens almost killed himself with hard work). "Good people," do-gooders. Echoes the
Two a bit, "seducing" the world
. A bit of an Epicurean, a sense of sensationalism (Walt Whitman).
Monkey mind.

Hmm, maybe it's a little more equal than I thought actually haha.

The description in there and also the link you posted paint social 7 a lot more focused and sacrificial than I am.

But the so/sx temperament just matches me so well. :( I'll watch the video later btw (I've been meaning too actually)

:thinking: It's a good question. You're...smoother than most sx-so's I know but that could be the 7 not wanting to get stuck in one place for too long and avoiding conflict that way. But if you'dve asked me without telling me you typed so-sx, idve probably considered you one of us, yes - you do have that enfp flirty thing going and you can go pretty intense on that :D

Hmm, I wouldn't say any EP or 7 is really smooth by nature though. :thinking: And I have had a lot of people mistake me for EFJ (despite P being my clearest preference), so being so/sx could explain why I seem very Fe in that sense. But yes, 729 would make for a very conflict averse person, even though I'm actually not super conflict averse... :shock: Haha did I just make a case for not social dom while trying to make a case for social dom?

The question really is 'What do you obsess about?'

Yes, definitely. That's the problem though. I do think about both very frequently. Although the only thing that really actively worries me is just trying to find the right people, whether it be an SO or a best friend. But mostly SO as I'm satisfied with the connections I've made over the years. :) I'll bold what worries I relate to below:

So...group of people, good reputation, community feel, many hands make light, navigating and networking with people, being in good standing and feeling like you belong - like to a tribe

or

Sexual tension, being considered attractive, easily jealous and competitive, intense passion and feeling alive, championing povs, striving to understand something feverishly, finding out who is intriguing to get to know and who packs the juice - not necessarily the prestige or power, but raw presence - in this joint?

I just took a test and I got 74% sx and 66% so, so it's really close. I really do have equal levels of both I feel, but I'm not sure because I do have worries about both but also healthy attitudes towards both at times.

I think so/sx still -- you really vibe social-first to me, from how you are on the forum and on social media.

How many typing threads is this now? ;)

Care to expand upon that? :D And I know! I have so many typing threads...they'll never end.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I'm not sure how much I can elaborate, since it's mostly vibe. I guess part of it is how you prioritize the group. How you always want to include everyone. You've also related to pretty much every so/sx thing I've ever publicly talked about and mentioned you in (I think) -- and you even acknowledged in this thread that you have the typical warm-and-open-to-everyone first-come-first-serve so/sx demeanor. And your blog is more about your group than it is about merging/individuals.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think its important to remember things flower in your own way. A type is a base line.. It isn't meant to give you an overall picture.

You really scream so/sx to me.. You're attractive, in general, but your warmth and inviting persona made even me feel at ease around you immediately when talking to you. It isn't an easy thing to achieve online. You're very supportive, and champion the things you have interest in.

I think the parts you worry about--not being as self-sacrificing, and being intense and bull headed about the things you take interest in--actually are complemented well with the sx tailing right behind there. The sexual side of things can explain a lot about your charms and charisma and your passion for KC and your friends.. but I would still say your social graces put you naturally above others. I'm sp/sx, and I think the sx part mellows out and opens up the primary instinct to preserve the self. In your case, I think it does the opposite.. and it protects you a bit from being more doormat-like or overly sacrificing.

Alea_iacta_est

I'm terrible at instinctual variants, but between Sx/So and So/Sx, I'd definitely say So/Sx based purely on my perception of you.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ I'm not sure how much I can elaborate, since it's mostly vibe. I guess part of it is how you prioritize the group. How you always want to include everyone. You've also related to pretty much every so/sx thing I've ever publicly talked about and mentioned you in (I think) -- and you even acknowledged in this thread that you have the typical warm-and-open-to-everyone first-come-first-serve so/sx demeanor. And your blog is more about your group than it is about merging/individuals.

All valid points imo. :yes: But is my blog really like that? I thought, besides the crap random thoughts that aren't actual updates, a lot of posts in there are about dates and me whining about not having a special someone. :(

I think its important to remember things flower in your own way. A type is a base line.. It isn't meant to give you an overall picture.

Yes, definitely! Although some see it like it's supposed to give you a picture...which is just no. :dont:

You really scream so/sx to me.. You're attractive, in general, but your warmth and inviting persona made even me feel at ease around you immediately when talking to you. It isn't an easy thing to achieve online. You're very supportive, and champion the things you have interest in.

:blush: Thank you Krys.

I think the parts you worry about--not being as self-sacrificing, and being intense and bull headed about the things you take interest in--actually are complemented well with the sx tailing right behind there. The sexual side of things can explain a lot about your charms and charisma and your passion for KC and your friends.. but I would still say your social graces put you naturally above others. I'm sp/sx, and I think the sx part mellows out and opens up the primary instinct to preserve the self. In your case, I think it does the opposite.. and it protects you a bit from being more doormat-like or overly sacrificing.

Ahh yes, that could totally be true. More of a healthy, sx-second fixation rather than an obsessive sx-first fixation. And the last statement, fwiw, I find myself more being protected from being a doormat than being protected from stepping over other people which could possibly be the case for sx/so? So in that sense, maybe so/sx would make more sense. :thinking:

I think an important part is whether my main worry/obsession, whether I'll find a significant other or not, is more a social or sexual concern. My opinion is that it could be either one, depending on the person and what they want from that. Other than that, not much else really worries me. :shrug: There's not much else I actively obsess over, besides my orientation towards other people.

I'm terrible at instinctual variants, but between Sx/So and So/Sx, I'd definitely say So/Sx based purely on my perception of you.

Noted, thank you. :)

Based off of any particular instances, or just my "vibe"/demeanor? :thinking: Thanks for the input either way.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I say so/sx like I said in vent. don't ask me why, just trust me, it's right

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think an important part is whether my main worry/obsession, whether I'll find a significant other or not, is more a social or sexual concern. My opinion is that it could be either one, depending on the person and what they want from that. Other than that, not much else really worries me. :shrug: There's not much else I actively obsess over, besides my orientation towards other people.

I'd personally blame it on youth ;) but it is important. I worry about this in two ways: more importantly, the fact that I know that life is better with an SO and they help me stabilize and grow as a person... and secondly, because I'm not going to be pretty and young forever.. there are more things to life than that, but I'd like to spend my youth enjoying and relishing in it. I have a feeling indulging in physical, carnal delights is not your top motivator.. I have a feeling you want someone there to support you--the way you support so many other people in your life.

Starry

Actually, with the info you posted above that has me leaning towards social 7. :D I'll bold what I related to:

haha...just now seeing this. I think the reason people/Naranjo put in "not very sexual" is because you're combining gluttony and sexual dominance here <-which would probably lead to a lot of misconceptions and mistypes. It is an important piece really because *nymphomania* is not how these two come together. We're over-idealists...so we over-idealize romance, partner, sex...right along with everything else. We can't have sex with someone we're not over-idealizing haha (in love with.)

I was preoccupied with finding resources for you and never found out why this is occurring...why you're questioning this?

I hate saying this because as soon as I do someone will come and say he's a fricken 8 or some shit *eye roll*... but I was thinking of this just the other day...one of the best...albeit extreme examples of an ENFP 7w6 sx/so would be Che.

ernesto-che-guevara-in-havana.jpg

And I don't necessarily see you like this. Although I've seen SpongeBob typed as ENFP 7w6 sx/so as well and I agree haha.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I say so/sx like I said in vent. don't ask me why, just trust me, it's right

Instinctual - I like it!

I'd personally blame it on youth ;) but it is important. I worry about this in two ways: more importantly, the fact that I know that life is better with an SO and they help me stabilize and grow as a person... and secondly, because I'm not going to be pretty and young forever.. there are more things to life than that, but I'd like to spend my youth enjoying and relishing in it. I have a feeling indulging in physical, carnal delights is not your top motivator.. I have a feeling you want someone there to support you--the way you support so many other people in your life.

Bold is definitely one of my main reasons. I want to have as fun as possible with an SO, especially during the youthful years. So yes, youth is definitely a reason to blame it on! Also I think another reason, which is possibly socially motivated, is that I want to secure my place in the world. And with an SO and starting a family of my own, I see that as the ideal place to be. :yes:

For now I'm sticking with so/sx until someone convinces me otherwise. And I'm just gonna ignore Naranjo's social 7 description. :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]
Still want to be a sexual 7 @Elfboy ?
never wanted to be one in the first place. I'd much rather be 8w7 or Sp 7 (Sexual 2 wouldn't be so bad either. they're cool as fuck lol)
PS: I've seen that seminar btw

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

never wanted to be one in the first place. I'd much rather be 8w7 or Sp 7 (Sexual 2 wouldn't be so bad either. they're cool as fuck lol)
PS: I've seen that seminar btw

Contribute to my thread dammit. :mad:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Contribute to my thread dammit. :mad:

I have not read Naranjo's Sexual 7 description, but from what my friend tells me (who teaches seminars in the tradition of Naranjo in various hispanic countries) you seem to fit that description more than the Social 7 "Sacrifice" description)