• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

is chanaynay so/sx or sx/so?

what is chanaynay's instinct variant?

• Total voters

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This sounds really scary for some reason. Probably because it reminds me of The Ring.

Carry on...
Nothing to be afraid of. There's nothing subtle, gradual, or ominous about a Te rampage. :D

Starry

TE NEVER SLEEPS!

:charge:

haha

No it doesn't. It really, really doesn't. Alert too that one... but direct and succinct making it easier to understand than the mystical realm of mind-reading and magical signs that must be performed so everyone knows who's good... other half of my personal equation. (Oh Mom...you're hard to enjoy but I <3 you.)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
haha

No it doesn't. It really, really doesn't. Alert too that one... but direct and succinct making it easier to understand than the mystical realm of mind-reading and magical signs that must be performed so everyone knows who's good... other half of my personal equation. (Oh Mom...you're hard to enjoy but I <3 you.)
Oh man -- pardon me for saying this, but FUCK MAGICAL SIGNS AND MIND READING. As you know, I have an NFJ parent too, so I understand! (I think I have it luckier than you in this regard though, since the NFJs in my life usually keep me around precisely because I don't speak that language well. I'm like a vacation or something, for them :laugh: )

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh man -- pardon me for saying this, but FUCK MAGICAL SIGNS AND MIND READING. As you know, I have an NFJ parent too, so I understand! (I think I have it luckier than you in this regard though, since the NFJs in my life usually keep me around precisely because I don't speak that language well. I'm like a vacation or something, for them :laugh: )

My subconscious tells me you are Hermione Granger (that was your avatar when I got here) so it's strange reading this, like Hermione is cursing about magical signs. Maybe that happens after the series ended.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My subconscious tells me you are Hermione Granger (that was your avatar when I got here) so it's strange reading this, like Hermione is cursing about magical signs. Maybe that happens after the series ended.
You know how she hated Professor Trelawney's class! She'd rather be reading Hogwarts: A History. Or learning PRACTICAL magic skills. Not looking for the Grim in her tea leaves.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know how she hated Professor Trelawney's class! She'd rather be reading Hogwarts: A History. Or learning PRACTICAL magic skills. Not looking for the Grim in her tea leaves.

Haha! I wouldn't have thought of it, but that fits right into the series! :)

Starry

This made me laugh and has me wanting to tell you that in a different thread...I had to regretfully inform by way of secret ENFP disclosure code the "artist formerly known as Chanaynay" that my Mom for no known (or I'm assuming rational) reason has recently come to despise Beyonce haha omg. And Beyonce has been around for years with no seemingly ill effect on my Mom...but all of a sudden. Just a couple of weeks ago some story/news clip was featuring her and my Mom was like visibly bothered and saying things under her breath...and I was like whoa Mom what happened between you and Beyonce ? haha But no comprehensible explanation was provided.

You and I both know exactly what happened though. Beyonce fucked-up one of the magical signs that was suppose to demonstrate to my Mom at the precise moment my Mom needed/requested it via telepathy... that she was a good person.

In other news...My family started to suspect Eminem was an INTJ when my Dad took a liking to him...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not sure if your father was part of your life...but I know what it's like to have an ENFJ Mom. Granted, for me, being raised by two completely insane iNtuitives comes with a whole different set of challenges...but there's no mystery in my mind as to how my parents created an ENFP 7. EVERYTHING was handled for me...prior to me even knowing it needed to be done. I wasn't tested in the same ways other normal developing young people are. All I had to do was think, dream, remain cheerful (personal preference..."let the laying Fe & Te lie" is what I always say) and have *fun*

This is exactly how my childhood went Starry. :D My mom basically handled everything for me so I never really had to worry about anything. I just had to know what I wanted and how to have fun, and then keep up the positivity for the ride.

How much of you is still buried due to similar circumstance? I really don't know... but I feel something's there. Instincts are a challenge to determine until all cards are on the table and I sense you have one more card to play.

Interesting, I wonder what card it is though that I'm withholding. :wink: /tried pulling an [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] even though I have no idea what card you're talking about

You and I both know exactly what happened though. Beyonce fucked-up one of the magical signs that was suppose to demonstrate to my Mom at the precise moment my Mom needed/requested it via telepathy... that she was a good person.

Is your ENFJ mom also a 2 like mine? :laugh:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You still working your way up to the :smooch:? :wink:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Starry

Is your ENFJ mom also a 2 like mine? :laugh:

As 2 as can be :mellow: Okay, I have gone back and forth between 2w1 & 1w2 recently...but when I look back on my upbringing she's a massive 2. I think what happens with so many 2s over time...is that they can become more and more resentful that their efforts to *do good for all people* are not being appreciated and/or reciprocated in the way they believe they should be... And that's when the real ENFJ presents itself haha. I believe it's a connection to e8 anger/control...that occasionally gives her a 1w2 vibe.

This is exactly how my childhood went Starry. :D My mom basically handled everything for me so I never really had to worry about anything. I just had to know what I wanted and how to have fun, and then keep up the positivity for the ride.

Yup. I see it in ya haha... (it takes one to know one :wink: )

Interesting, I wonder what card it is though that I'm withholding. :wink: /tried pulling an [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] even though I have no idea what card you're talking about.

Umm...would you preform a surgery without having gone to med school? All I'm saying is if you haven't graduated from the University of Amargith it might be very dangerous...not just for you but for all of us if you are still in residency but putting your training to use in the outside world (okay, honestly I don't really know what you're talking about regarding Amar haha.)

As a young ENFP e7 (<-will naturally seem like a so-dom) that was raised in the way you were by an ENFJ 2 mother (<-will have learned to engage the world in a way that is associated with so-dom) that possesses a strong 2 fix (<-will have traits associated with so-dom)

^^while other people may be confident you are a social dom... I'm just not ready to sign-off on that because I was also raised by a scientist that would look at this evidence and call anyone an "idiot" or maybe even an "asshole" (although with his accent it comes out "azzhole") for doing so.

And in all honesty I do see you engage like an sx-dom... which would make sense if you were an e1 or e8 so/sx ...but not a 729. Even when I insert you into the correct tri-type as a 728 <-here is where I could make a final decision on so/sx but I want to see you turn over that last card first.

What's on the face of that card? I have no idea.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As 2 as can be :mellow: Okay, I have gone back and forth between 2w1 & 1w2 recently...but when I look back on my upbringing she's a massive 2. I think what happens with so many 2s over time...is that they can become more and more resentful that their efforts to *do good for all people* are not being appreciated and/or reciprocated in the way they believe they should be... And that's when the real ENFJ presents itself haha. I believe it's a connection to e8 anger/control...that occasionally gives her a 1w2 vibe.

Yeah, my mom's line to 8 definitely presents itself as control issues so I see why you would think 1w2 sometimes. But for me, my mom is a clear 2w3. Her 3 wing is as clear as 3 can be. :laugh:

Umm...would you preform a surgery without having gone to med school? All I'm saying is if you haven't graduated from the University of Amargith it might be very dangerous...not just for you but for all of us if you are still in residency but putting your training to use in the outside world (okay, honestly I don't really know what you're talking about regarding Amar haha.)

I was trying to be all mysterious and alluring like she was. :cry: But I think E7s are too goofy to pull it off hehe.

As a young ENFP e7 (<-will naturally seem like a so-dom) that was raised in the way you were by an ENFJ 2 mother (<-will have learned to engage the world in a way that is associated with so-dom) that possesses a strong 2 fix (<-will have traits associated with so-dom)

^^while other people may be confident you are a social dom... I'm just not ready to sign-off on that because I was also raised by a scientist that would look at this evidence and call anyone an "idiot" or maybe even an "asshole" (although with his accent it comes out "azzhole") for doing so.

Oooh, I see what you mean. A lot of my so-dom tendencies could be associated with me being young and also raised by my ENFJ 2 mom (who I consider so/sp). I was actually homeschooled in middle school, and a lot of parts about my mom's interaction I always resented - constantly talking about the troubles she's enduring, trying to talk about all the good things she's done, constantly post on FB random "thoughts" everyday in order to "inspire" people, etc. But I can't say I didn't realize her warmth and generous side didn't catch on. Not to mention my best friend, who I met in high school, was an ESFx 2/7 so/sx (I'm calling you to this thread to type her btw) and I learned from her how to interact with a lot of people unconsciously. Being warm and silly, coming off strong, engaging, etc.

And in all honesty I do see you engage like an sx-dom... which would make sense if you were an e1 or e8 so/sx ...but not a 729. Even when I insert you into the correct tri-type as a 728 <-here is where I could make a final decision on so/sx but I want to see you turn over that last card first.

What's on the face of that card? I have no idea.

Me neither sadly. :( I wonder when I'll know I've played my last card I wonder. I still find confrontation something worth dreading but I think any 2-fixed 7 would. But at the same time in the heat of the moment I still feel energized by it. Okay, I'm changing to 728 for now haha just because I feel it fits more than 729 when I compare myself with @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=18819" target="_blank">five sounds</a>. I swear to god Starry every time you post I switch to 728 haha. Hmm, but I think if I'm 728 I'll stick with so/sx for now. Maybe I could be sx/so though...it would make a lot of sense since I relate to Misa Amane a lot (who I believe is an EFP 7w6>2w3>8w7 sx/so as well, albeit I'm still a little more lighter and low key).

G

Ginkgo

(re-reading this thread)

[MENTION=17131]Beyonce[/MENTION] (Chandler [Christ, why did you pick that name? I feel like a dumbass sub-vocalizing it. Lol.])

You strike me as intense like an sx/so. Whenever I talk to you, I feel like I'm being reeled in on a one-on-one level. But...

I think if you were an sx/so, you'd come across as more tortured, as though you were wrecking yourself over your obsessions (I would say this would be true for you even in light of the fact that you are 7w6). The closest I've seen you come to that point basically just resembles an indirect cattiness in which it doesn't really seem like you feel that that much is at stake. ps - I don't think less of you for it. Even when you disagree with someone, you just come across as far more polished than the sx/so's I've seen on this board.

A couple of addendums - I don't really give a damn about the instinctual stacking descriptions as they relate to each type. Things look less confusing, albeit more simple, when you just stick to the meat and bones stackings. I suggest adhering to one or the other, but not both, since they don't always entail each other with exactitude.

Also, in the time I've been here, I've been typed as sp/sx, sx/sp, sx/so, and so/sx. Needless to say, if I relied entirely on a consensus, I would have driven myself nutters. Don't worry too much about this. You are Chandler, first and foremost. \m/

Nicodemus

You strike me as intense like an sx/so. Whenever I talk to you, I feel like I'm being reeled in on a one-on-one level. But...
I have the opposite impression, actually, although not in any extreme fashion (rhyme!). I feel there is always something conversationalist about his talks, and he usually does entertain more than one party at a time.

G

Ginkgo

I have the opposite impression, actually, although not in any extreme fashion (rhyme!). I feel there is always something conversationalist about his talks, and he usually does entertain more than one party at a time.

You speak from a position of greater experience than I do, and your friendship with him sharply contrasts with mine. I'll let you be the judge. All I know is that he's virtually the only person on this site to loosely refer to me by name, without deeply knowing me. On one hand, you might consider this a standard social grace. On the other, it may indicate a desire to keep close tabs on a person. In all likelihood, it's a mixture of both. One way or another, he carries a distinctive presence on this forum, as he always has - which seems to often correspond with the sx instinct more than anything else. sps seem more subdued, while sos sort of seem... flat, somewhere in the middle.

Do you think he even remotely resembles a tortured artist or bleeding heart? Because this is what I'm measuring as a deciding factor re: so vs. sx.

Nicodemus

All I know is that he's virtually the only person on this site to loosely refer to me by name, without deeply knowing me. On one hand, you might consider this a standard social grace. On the other, it may indicate a desire to keep close tabs on a person. In all likelihood, it's a mixture of both. One way or another, he carries a distinctive presence on this forum, as he always has - which seems to often correspond with the sx instinct more than anything else. sps seem more subdued, while sos sort of seem... flat, somewhere in the middle.
My dear Nathan, in terms of forum presence and social ado, he reminds me of EJCC, who, as I just looked up, types as so/sx.

Do you think he even remotely resembles a tortured artist or bleeding heart? Because this is what I'm measuring as a deciding factor re: so vs. sx.
At the risk of starting a bleeding, I say: no.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good call [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] -- [MENTION=17131]Beyonce[/MENTION] and I definitely vibe similar in that regard. I think that's part of the reason why we hit it off right away.

Of all of Chanaynay/Beyonce's typings, the ones I'm most certain of are ExFP and so/sx. Like others on the thread have said so far, he's practically the epitome of so/sx. So I think any confusion on the instinctual variant front is due to people's misunderstanding as to what so/sx means -- seems to be a less common type on the forum, and hardly ever talked about (especially compared to the two social-last types). Hell, I'm as so/sx as it gets, and there was some resistance to that typing when I first adopted it.

Starry

I was trying to be all mysterious and alluring like she was...

I kinda feel this gif may capture the overall feeling of any forumer reading the above...
wpid-oprah1.gif

or maybe this...
k4ut4li7gbm1htsg8a8t.gif

idk. All I know is Oprah would know what to say to make certain an e7 never attempts this kind of thing again.

as a personal aside...I will take to my grave how long it took for me to change my avatar and stuff today. I honestly have a sort of hypoglycemic feeling right now...and so while I started a response here...it may be cut short. (and in your avatar...is that that girl with the horrible, airy voice?)

...I was actually homeschooled in middle school, and a lot of parts about my mom's interaction I always resented - constantly talking about the troubles she's enduring, trying to talk about all the good things she's done, constantly post on FB random "thoughts" everyday in order to "inspire" people, etc.

Okay, now I'm glad I took this task on haha. This makes me laugh and relate more than you know ha.

I come for a slightly larger family...and many of us were working in the kitchen one Christmas Eve day cooking and assembling large batches of lasagna...when my Mom's super creepy half-brother calls on the phone. A couple of us looked at the caller ID...including my Dad...and we're all like "I ain't gettin it..." haha.

From the top of the stairs you could hear my Mom yelling "The phone's ringing...could someone get the phone...?" But she then teleported herself downstairs using her witch-powers...and caught us all in the act of...knowing who was calling but refusing to answer. She then called us all "bastards" (curse style too...like there was a curse in there as well)... And yet seconds later having called her brother back...had the voice of an Archangel. Why?...because she is an Archangel...because reality has no place in her *magical ENFJ 2 kingdom* :wink: haha.

Not to mention my best friend, who I met in high school, was an ESFx 2/7 so/sx (I'm calling you to this thread to type her btw) and I learned from her how to interact with a lot of people unconsciously.

I looked at that once and felt torn... I'll look again.

I still find confrontation something worth dreading but I think any 2-fixed 7 would. But at the same time in the heat of the moment I still feel energized by it.

I think it would be a mistake to (automatically) imagine an sx dom as an individual that is *comfortable* with confrontation. Some give off an air of being comfortable with it...some may in fact be. But we're NFs and positive outlook...so no. Confrontation goes against our baseline way of existing. What I see in you (and again I'm not allowing myself to consider sx vs so right now)... is a willingness to speak-up if one of your values has been crossed (and you're handling those interactions like an sx dom but...)

An sx connected to 6 would become fearless in those moments. Not necessarily counterphobic but *strong* And the times I've seen you in this zone...I don't really see you "helping them save face, providing guidance with regards to the common culture, showing them how they are deviating from the *norm*"...but kinda drop-kicking them like an sx dom. haha okay no, not that bad...but you are forceful in identifying them...pointing them out as being wrong. And forceful with *what is right* in your opinion. And the fact you become in a sense energized by confrontation/conflict...ah yah...screams 278 :dry: ...but may point to sx dom/inactive 6 wing... if you feel like you are making a difference somehow.

^maybe I'll come back to this anime clip when I'm feeling less hypoglycemic... (is this scary?)

I feel a lot of young, e7s do what you describe above regardless of variants. When he connects with an individual he is pretty focused, forceful and intense...and I see my younger self in that. Actually "focused" is one of the main qualities that causes me to hold off on turning over my opinion on variants. He can keenly, keenly focus on an individual...while so many so/sx e7s are...so, so breezy and disconnected and spread thin...it's as if you can hear it come through in their communication.