• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unsure what my type is, please help (questionnaire included)

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Well I'm always open to a second viewpoint, I think that is one of my problems and it can sometimes just feed my confusion, I have to have some kind of external/objective reassurance (Te?). I don't usually go that in depth like this, I have always avoided essay work. I've tried the less detailed approach on my own and that seemed more ambiguous. I figure explaining not only how I'm a certain way but the conditions of that might get me a more accurate typing. I have noted I am treating this like some urgent assignment, though, usually fluid and not serious. I don't what it is but I go into serious mode when I'm a bit stressed out or something, could be a self reassurance thing, too, on similar occasions people think jokingly that I like the sound of my own voice.

So one person thinks I am strongly Fi, another doesn't is a confusing matter.
What makes you think I am not an Fi user? Some people (not bad) in the past have claimed I seemed autistic though I don't know if they were pulling my leg and perceived nothing (I am gullible to many things at face value), I read the observation of a lack of Fe leads to this conclusion in others. Just to note, my psych doesn't think I am autistic nor do I get on too well with neuroatypical people (nothing against them, just easily confused by them).

ENFJ description says its stereotyped as mentor. I relate but also not to that. I prefer being engaged than teaching others, but I think ENFJ hits it on the head for my sibling, she seems slightly more extroverted than me, though.
I don't recall overly people confident at a very young age like Fe seems to imply, Ni seems decisive and just like right now I am not very decisive but I fit a few of the stereotypes. I am told in casual situation I am a chatterbox and jump from topic to topic, earlier I got from casual chat to me being decisive as to what I can do for a music project I am helping out on (in the end I selected the efficient path), scenarios of future projects and ideas, several random things, personal stuff, jokiness and random noises, irrational implications of quantum mechanics and to me anticipating some new tools for creativity.

I feel like I see a bit of me in most of these types. I probably absorb these traits, though, and I'm confusing myself over reassurance for my life direction as I really am not rich enough to exact all my needs.

No, a lot of nfjs on this website overthink like that. Theres another enfj on here that was describing his Fe as Te. They do have similarity. But listen to what you said, "reassurance?". Fe talks to people, listens and then decides how it feels. Te just states facts and simply agrees or disagrees.

The way you talk is very fe. Fi users are pretty un willing to look at different viewpoints and will generally just say that they disagree with something.

The way you're interacting with me is very Fe.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=21324]Mel94[/MENTION]

ENFP, decisively. In fact, I knew ENxP before I knew the J preference.

Mel94

MBTI Type
ENFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
No, a lot of nfjs on this website overthink like that. Theres another enfj on here that was describing his Fe as Te. They do have similarity. But listen to what you said, "reassurance?". Fe talks to people, listens and then decides how it feels. Te just states facts and simply agrees or disagrees.

The way you talk is very fe. Fi users are pretty un willing to look at different viewpoints and will generally just say that they disagree with something.

The way you're interacting with me is very Fe.

Interesting observations. I don't let other ethical viewpoints in, really and I thought that was more so the basis as to what Fi is. I am quick to apologise but can sometimes skip over small manners due to habits and I feel like the wrong one (even if I may well be right) if I don't fit in. One thing to note though is I slip into mental voices to deal with certain things better, if I don't have an existing subpersonality I can feel very out of place. I am like a chameleon sometimes, if I need something I change my melody to fit the tune if that makes any sense at all. I should perhaps also note my parents are pretty judgemental, though fortunately for me they are lax to my ways for my upbringing.

Seems it's a case of ENFx, so far.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What would Fe imply?
I looked at Fi and Fe, both seem pretty much me.
I've never been seen as too selfish or selfless in myself, I'm quite a compromiser.
So Fi is energised by supporting their cause and Fe is energised by maintaining the social harmony? This is really quite a grey area if that's the case.

My ethical decisions aren't even necessarily emotional as Fi implies, though, sometimes I don't mind supporting those who have gone against my ethics yet like Fi seems to imply, I avoid it eventually so as to not feel so down and keep to supporting what feels right.
I also adjust social ethics with the group, too. In general I dislike swearing yet when I'm with certain people it suddenly seems ok yet if I'm really anxious I can become conscious that it's bad and that some higher like karma or a god or something will strike me down. A few of my values are absorbed from the crowd I spent a long time with, for example, my family are animal lovers therefore I have quite a strong sense of animal rights, yet now I seem to empathesise directly, too.

Plus lately I've seen a critical side to me as noted as I have been towards the arts. Ti or even possibly an Fi thing? I really don't like it when people closely copy songs, for example and I become analytical of this yet it might be because I feel it is wrong, may be? I am sometimes quick to critique but that is probably a little bit of jealousy.
Is this a case of ENTP vs ENFP then? I.e. Ti & Fe vs Te & Fi?
In one thread it says that Te is following the rules as much as you can, I can be both lackadaisical and overly driven towards getting the best results, sometimes it is effiency, sometimes it's precision.

I wouldn't say I was very critical to the point of anti-social, I can be annoyed by the overly analytical sometimes as I can see it as cold hearted.
I wouldn't say I was overly assertive either but when I plan for myself it seems I'm gearing it towards effiency and also inspiration towards the new challenge.

Oh yeah complicated :p

I re-read some of your questionnaire, and I think it's quite possible you're Fe-dom. I'm going to bold Fe (unless it's enneagram or something).

What I underline could be seen as Fi but I believe Fe-doms don't just change around their values that randomly either. If I get the idea right, Fe-doms, being F-doms, do have a reasonably fixed value system but it comes from outside, so it's not Fi. And in what I underlined, there is some hint of you being adjustable to a degree, unlike Fi-doms are supposed to, I guess. Well, I don't know how black and white it must be with Fi-doms.

The italic one I think may be a case of Fe switching to Ti. :)

"I like to be appropriate, I can, when I can, attempt to fit perfect ideals so others may value and accept me better. For example, I may compromise between appropriate self image and what I feel comfortable with and try to somewhat excel as a beginner when I try something new. However, I am also often very often quite unconscious of myself in a casual atmosphere. I like to respect other people's values socially, however I may find these incompatible, so I rather much find a group that suits me better than myself just attempting fit in. Since I experience physical symptoms from stress and anxiety, I tend to avoid decisions or groups whereby I feel socially incompatible on a value level as I am rather sensitive to other people's school of thought and values if they contradict mine enough. I don't see myself selfish in much of my decisions, if in theory someone I was close friends with really needed me I would value their needs above my own unless I absolutely mandatorily had to do something else life-saving and/or it really affected some career or course I was doing and even then I would possibly try to be excused. I'm very indecisive sometimes when buying something for someone and can feel let down if it wasn't good enough and it was reasonable for them to say so, I tend to pick what is appropriate and jumps out or what I thought they wanted (within reasonable price, of course). Also, I am pretty moral in my decisions where it can cause potential damagr, but I see the exception to the rules sometimes."

&

"I like group discussions, one to one and the online equivalents. I am much more careful with my speaking if I feel I will be judged in the long run, though, I am pretty careful with what I say in general. I don't like to annoy others and due to my lack of social experience, I tend to let most people speak first unless I can make better judgement of how they would react. I am conflict avoidant and can easily feel embarrassed if I say the wrong thing, though I haven't always been. I try to simulate discussions in my head to help me gain a sense of appropriateness and a means of gaining interesting conversation, all else is on whim. I can be pretty slow with intellectual questions, those are the only ones that make me jump from being sociable to answering the question. I can be critical in my environment towards art and music, but that's more triggered by a loose sense of envy perhaps, as being at least somewhat of rookie in certain art forms, myself. I am anti-pessimistic and can appear annoying to some people I feel if I'm trying to make the group aura happier, I don't bash someone being upset but my everything-will-be-ok mindset can be perceived as child-like or careless, whereas I feel I just want us all to feel better and I don't mean to be selfish or anything like that."

I really did think I was seeing Ne too, so I don't know if you're ESFJ? Or it's aux Ni. Or FeNe loop or whatever. I have no idea.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds like you overthink like a lot. I used to have this problem. Could be wrong, but my suggestion to you is to think less and just act on your instincts for a while. What that means is be and do exactly what YOU want, all the time. After you've being doing that for a while, it might be ablt to type your self better. Idk, hope that helps.

&

Yeah man. Idk, just the fact that your typingthis much shows that youre overthinking. Myers briggs is cool man, but if i could give you some advice, it would just be to concentrate on a few goals in your life and work towards them. Nothing regenerates a mind to a healthy state like accomplishing some good real life goals.

Are all those like, typical ESTP suggestions? :p

I'm not trying to say they're bad suggestions. I just noticed you had ESTP as your type in your profile :).

Mel94

MBTI Type
ENFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
[MENTION=21198]infinity-[/MENTION]:
It's very much confusing. I don't know, may be I should just go on by what my instincts seem to itch towards even if its not exactly sane for my functions. All my fantasies seem to gear towards the social, I have quite a strong inner world but it is draining, I need real people and I think my internal imagination was created in social loneliness to keep me stable as a substitute for a real social life, on the surface I feel most naturally externally imaginative but it may just be the retainment of a childhood quality and I hope right now it stays with me. When I am depressed and critical I tend to think about the box rather out or in it, that looks kind of Ni Te Fi Se right? Though if the theory is correct that that indicates a flip from ENTP as Ne Ti Fe Si would that make sense? Because if the Ne may be came first and I am a bit more Fe now surely that way around is more likely? If the Fe overrules the Ti which it apparently can, could that be an explanation of seeing both the Fe and Ne strongly in me? Like an imbalanced ENTP? Around early teens some of my biggest aspirations were entrepeneur esque but I came into a state of ethical/feeling realisation, like said. And Ti and Fe, could that emulate Fi in the sense I am offended if my logic of ethics is inferior? I may be way out, I am just barely understanding the meanings of the functions. Could my blind switch to Ti be an essence of auxiliary Ti in this case? I must admit, of Ti refers to depth than I must be doing is quite a lot at this very moment?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's very much confusing. I don't know, may be I should just go on by what my instincts seem to itch towards even if its not exactly sane for my functions. All my fantasies seem to gear towards the social, I have quite a strong inner world but it is draining, I need real people and I think my internal imagination was created in social loneliness to keep me stable as a substitute for a real social life, on the surface I feel most naturally externally imaginative but it may just be the retainment of a childhood quality and I hope right now it stays with me. When I am depressed and critical I tend to think about the box rather out or in it, that looks kind of Ni Te Fi Se right? Though if the theory is correct that that indicates a flip from ENTP as Ne Ti Fe Si would that make sense? Because if the Ne may be came first and I am a bit more Fe now surely that way around is more likely? If the Fe overrules the Ti which it apparently can, could that be an explanation of seeing both the Fe and Ne strongly in me? Like an imbalanced ENTP? Around early teens some of my biggest aspirations were entrepeneur esque but I came into a state of ethical/feeling realisation, like said. And Ti and Fe, could that emulate Fi in the sense I am offended if my logic of ethics is inferior? I may be way out, I am just barely understanding the meanings of the functions. Could my blind switch to Ti be an essence of auxiliary Ti in this case? I must admit, of Ti refers to depth than I must be doing is quite a lot at this very moment?

I don't see you as ENTP, in this thread you talked way more about Fe than Ti. And if you're not Fe/Ti type then it's still F type, the way you talked about stuff is pretty clear F. I didn't see much Te either... Unless you just for some reason overemphasized your F side talking about yourself in this thread.

Sorry, I don't really deal with these speculations about shadow relations or function combinations emulating other functions. To me those speculations seem to be using the wrong logic. I prefer to keep it simple and focus on dominant/inferior relations.

What did you mean by "externally imaginative"??

Mel94

MBTI Type
ENFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
Externally imaginative as in collaborative and catalystic.
I am divided by philosophy, ethics and the social.

I actually feel like I put on my T hat not my F for this thread.
In myself I am usually warmer, optimistic and engaging as a person rather than thinking about and analysing myself.

I am sort of multi faceted in this respect may be which may distort perception of myself, that's why I am trying to throw as much about myself out there as possible.

It seems shadow modes pre date the mbti, possibly so I feel I can somewhat trust the idea but I am certainly no expert.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Externally imaginative as in collaborative and catalystic.
I am divided by philosophy, ethics and the social.

That just screams ENFx so much. Stereotype maybe, though.

I actually feel like I put on my T hat not my F for this thread.

What, if you call this your T hat, no way you're a T, haha.

In myself I am usually warmer, optimistic and engaging as a person rather than thinking about and analysing myself.

That's consistent with Fe-dom

It seems shadow modes pre date the mbti, possibly so I feel I can somewhat trust the idea but I am certainly no expert.

Yeah the concept of a shadow is fine, just the idea of making it up from functions in whatever specific order including further speculations originating from that is what seems fishy to me.

Mel94

MBTI Type
ENFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
Like you are seeing both I am, too.
That is quite confusing.

what result you got the first time you took the test?

I can't remember which was first exactly, actually.
One of the ExFx types, as I remember. It was the humanmetrics test, I believe.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like you are seeing both I am, too.
That is quite confusing.

Well you'll have to think more about Ne vs Fe. Si vs Ni. Read up on these, if you get specific questions when researching it, post them.

Mel94

MBTI Type
ENFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
Well you'll have to think more about Ne vs Fe. Si vs Ni. Read up on these, if you get specific questions when researching it, post them.
Going by phases I think Ne, I still see Fe, though. My parents seemed to regard me as more drawn to connections and ideas from a young age if that passes as Ne.

My causes in specific have changed several times over the years and I utilise any inevitable bads for good.
Some causes stick to my heart as it is a part of me and it is guilt for me to neglect this. Ni or Ne?
Ni seems focused on the future, I'm not, I'm still living with my parents and I have no clue how I'd cope on my own because it takes a lot of conscious effort for me to even notice what time it is I lose myself and have always preferred and slipped into irregular routine. I think the only time I go into the future is when I'm hungry or I see something like my speakers and think that I will play some music soon. Yet I look at a little wooden mannekin and I'm brainstorming various poses it could make even ridiculous ones, I look at my computer and my mind hits me with all the random programs to have fun on (which is distracting and apparently very contrary thing). I can be overwhelmed by all the possibilities so if I am an Ne user may be I have too much of it or it's like a third or fourth function?

I often look at certain things and compare it to its past or I'd be like "oh I did that once", most times it's like the past didn't exist and I am in an alternative universe of iterance yet I look forward to the future possibilities and once I start to notice groundhog day after a few days of the same thing I get depressed and want to make my days change. So I think I have Si but not too much, nostalgia can also be tiring but great to indulge at the end of the day in the right quantity (i.e. some music playlist).
[MENTION=21302]Doomkid[/MENTION]:
What would you say is a good test?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Going by phases I think Ne, I still see Fe, though. My parents seemed to regard me as more drawn to connections and ideas from a young age if that passes as Ne.

My causes in specific have changed several times over the years and I utilise any inevitable bads for good.
Some causes stick to my heart as it is a part of me and it is guilt for me to neglect this. Ni or Ne?
Ni seems focused on the future, I'm not, I'm still living with my parents and I have no clue how I'd cope on my own because it takes a lot of conscious effort for me to even notice what time it is I lose myself and have always preferred and slipped into irregular routine. I think the only time I go into the future is when I'm hungry or I see something like my speakers and think that I will play some music soon. Yet I look at a little wooden mannekin and I'm brainstorming various poses it could make even ridiculous ones, I look at my computer and my mind hits me with all the random programs to have fun on (which is distracting and apparently very contrary thing). I can be overwhelmed by all the possibilities so if I am an Ne user may be I have too much of it or it's like a third or fourth function?

I often look at certain things and compare it to its past or I'd be like "oh I did that once", most times it's like the past didn't exist and I am in an alternative universe of iterance yet I look forward to the future possibilities and once I start to notice groundhog day after a few days of the same thing I get depressed and want to make my days change. So I think I have Si but not too much, nostalgia can also be tiring but great to indulge at the end of the day in the right quantity (i.e. some music playlist).

Hmm fuck knows, have you looked at the NeFe loop thingie?

Alea_iacta_est

yes it is

Socionics is an entirely different system, and that test specifically tests on the IM elements and Reinen Dichotomies, which can be fairly deviated from our understanding of functions in JCF.

In JCF, for instance, Se is generally accepted to be awareness of the physical environment, observance of reality in its rawest form, and, more stereotypically, a focus on the concrete world and a subsequent aversion to the abstract.

In Socionics, Se is defined as being able to see the "power" in objects, and is also deemed "static" by the Reinen dichotomies.

And that's just the surface.

(I do believe that Socionics types directly correlate to MBTI types (juxtaposing my past stance that they don't, but that has changed due to a better understanding of the system), but it also stands to reason that Socionics's tests are about as reliable as the most reliable JCF test, which would probably be Keys2Cognition)