• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can someone please help determine my Type?

PancakeMix

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hello everyone!

I'm having a bit of a hard time determining my type. I don't know much when it comes to these systems (Enneagram, Socionics, MBTI), but I would like to start by determining my type first (if that makes any sense). It took me a while to fill out this questionnaire but hopefully I did a good job, please let me know if anything is unclear! I also apologize in advance if there are any typos.

1)What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

All the tests I took gave me different results, and I couldn't identify which one I was anymore. Every type seems to have a bit of myself that I can relate to. Also the fact that I tend to have a lot of self-doubt makes me over analyze and go into a loophole, which has made me even more confused. The types I tend to get are usually INTJ, INFJ, INTP, INFP, and ENFJ.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

That’s a really tough question to answer. But I guess what I yearn for is to be able to reach my fullest potential, and be the best person I can be. I want to have a content life, and be proud of my achievements. I also want to be independent and not have to depend on anybody to take care of me. Although I often don’t like to admit this, I also want friends who think and understand things like me, I guess. I also yearn to have both a dog and a cat since I love animals.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I can’t pinpoint an exact moment, I guess it was when I traveled to Europe for the first time to meet my extended family. I was also in the same airplane with my best friend and her family, and I didn't have my parents around.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I feel inferior when my insecurities, fear and jealousy get the best of me. If someone seems to be more intelligent, experienced and talented than me. When someone seems to be better at making friends than me and have a lot more charm and charisma. As well as when people are better looking than me, and when I feel like I can’t relate or talk to people because I don’t share interests with them.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

When weighing out my decisions I need to withdraw myself to think about the pros and cons. I tend to visualize what would happen if I took each choice given to me, and chose the one that would benefit me the most.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I do like to have control over the outcome. My emphasis is always to have the best project, and I will try to put my all into it because I’m a huge perfectionist. Of course, this will depend on how passionate I am about the project. If it’s a group project I try to make everybody feels included, and make sure everyone has a part. After that I try to push forward and make sure that everyone is doing their jobs properly, and that they finish on time (sometimes I can come off really strong and pushy, though). There are also times when someone who’s a lot more dominant than me takes the lead and I don’t feel included if they’re going by what they want and don’t take suggestions by other people. I withdraw and wait for them to give me a job (as long as they don’t push all of the hard work on me).

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I remember having a lot of fun during my last birthday party because I got to hang out with all of my very close friends. Also during the summer I felt particularly close with one of my friends and we would talk about random things that we liked or were concerned with for hours. I remember these particular events really well, almost as if they were yesterday. I also remember feeling appreciated. I also have a lot of fun when I’m drawing, or reading something I really enjoy. When it comes to drawing I almost get an adrenaline rush when I’m liking the way it’s turning out (which is rare since I’m such a huge perfectionist).

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I’m a pretty quick learner, but it all depends where I get the information from. If I learn something but too much information is given to me to take in, I won’t understand it. I need time to think on “why” an answer turned out to be the way it is. I would much rather figure things out on my own. I’m able to memorize things a lot better as long as they make sense to me.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I try to be organized, but I always seem to fail at it. I prefer being organized in order to get stuff done, but sometimes things don’t go as planned and I do everything freely. My work space tends to be messy while my surroundings are organized. I can’t work in a very messy environment.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I have to make sure it makes sense first, sometimes I’ll go looking for information that supports it if I’m not sure.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I’m a bit more like the latter. Making sure if everyone is doing fine can be very exhausting for me. I’m willing to listen to people, but it can sometimes be very stressful and I can lose my patience. I like making sure I can help myself first before helping other people, and I don’t feel like involving myself in unnecessary drama. The are also those rare occasions when I involve myself with people when I want to forget my own problems, or feel like I’m free of them.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

This all depends on the situation for me. If I’m around people that I’m comfortable with I don’t think before speaking and can be very blunt. Also when I criticize people I can be a bit hurtful without meaning to and I often have to explain myself. I think before speaking if I’m around an acquaintance, a new person, or an adult. As well as when when someone is confiding to me about their problems, I try to think before I speak so that I don’t worsen the situation. I prefer one-on-one communication the most, or with a small group of people. I’ll only like group discussions if it’s a classroom setting and everyone debating and discussing their opinions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

It depends on the situation. I will leap into a situation right away if there is an emergency with no time to think, I just follow my instincts on what I should do. If it’s not an emergency I prefer to to know where I’m jumping before leaping, and giving myself time to think on how to “leap” and motivate myself to do it.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

If my friends called me for a night out I’d only go if their proposal sparks my interest. If it does I’d probably be disappointed about missing my favourite show, but I guess I’d just tell myself to watch it later and go out (since I barely go out anyway).

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get extremely anxious and start shutting down. My stress escalates to the point where I can’t function properly because I’m so overwhelmed. It’s almost impossible to get tasks down in this state. I tend to go through a cycle of anxiety and depression when under pressure. Luckily I started taking anxiety medication, but I have to wait and see how that goes.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Those who are extremely arrogant and condescending towards other people and treat them like crap. Impulsive people who do things not caring about the consequences and how their actions affect people. People who act like they know everything when they know nothing. Also if they act as if they know you without accepting who you actually are.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I’m really interested in psychology when it comes to mental illness and personality disorders. I also like analyzing the reason to why some people (or fictional characters) are the way they are based on their experiences. When it comes to fictional characters of a series that I like, I love sharing my headcanons with other people. I also enjoy debating! Overall I like to talk to people with similar interests.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I don’t know how to answer this one since I can’t make up anything to say so I’ll skip (probably because the things I least pay attention to are things that I don't realize I'm not paying attention to).

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends perceive me as being very outgoing, talkative, friendly, and “sassy”. They see me as being very independent and as someone who always likes to share their opinions. Also as being someone who will pursue their goals no matter what it takes, and very hardworking. I've gotten told that I'm very insightful when it comes towards things that I may not have much experience with. I don’t see anything wrong with their perception and I can see where they’re coming from. Although I don’t consider myself to be friendly and “outgoing” since I have a very hard time making friends. I don't really believe myself as being very insightful since I feel like the things I say are natural. I’m assuming that my friends would never point out the flaws in my personality unless it becomes a problem to them.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I’d probably want to go somewhere with my friends. Preferably Chinatown or any other type of Asian market. Maybe go see a movie. If I can’t do that I’ll probably read. I could also try to draw but that never works out really well since I tend to rage quit due to my perfectionism and criticism. I’d also want to watch marathons of my favourite series, maybe write something if I’m in the mood. I could probably go on skype calls with my friends for hours, since that’s always been fun.

yeghor

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

That’s a really tough question to answer. But I guess what I yearn for is to be able to reach my fullest potential, and be the best person I can be. I want to have a content life, and be proud of my achievements. I also want to be independent and not have to depend on anybody to take care of me. Although I often don’t like to admit this, I also want friends who think and understand things like me, I guess. I also yearn to have both a dog and a cat since I love animals.

Do you have a fantasy that thinking of it gives you some kind of a high or ego boost...?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I do like to have control over the outcome. My emphasis is always to have the best project, and I will try to put my all into it because I’m a huge perfectionist. Of course, this will depend on how passionate I am about the project. If it’s a group project I try to make everybody feels included, and make sure everyone has a part. After that I try to push forward and make sure that everyone is doing their jobs properly, and that they finish on time (sometimes I can come off really strong and pushy, though). There are also times when someone who’s a lot more dominant than me takes the lead and I don’t feel included if they’re going by what they want and don’t take suggestions by other people. I withdraw and wait for them to give me a job (as long as they don’t push all of the hard work on me).

Fe-dom or aux...or Te?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I remember having a lot of fun during my last birthday party because I got to hang out with all of my very close friends. Also during the summer I felt particularly close with one of my friends and we would talk about random things that we liked or were concerned with for hours. I remember these particular events really well, almost as if they were yesterday. I also remember feeling appreciated. I also have a lot of fun when I’m drawing, or reading something I really enjoy. When it comes to drawing I almost get an adrenaline rush when I’m liking the way it’s turning out (which is rare since I’m such a huge perfectionist).

Do you have a large group of friends or a close circle? Are you an extravert or an introvert...? Do you predominantly recharge (feel lively) by spending time alone or among other people? Can you withstand long terms (like 7-10 days) of solitude?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I’m a pretty quick learner, but it all depends where I get the information from. If I learn something but too much information is given to me to take in, I won’t understand it. I need time to think on “why” an answer turned out to be the way it is. I would much rather figure things out on my own. I’m able to memorize things a lot better as long as they make sense to me.

Ti or Ni...

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I try to be organized, but I always seem to fail at it. I prefer being organized in order to get stuff done, but sometimes things don’t go as planned and I do everything freely. My work space tends to be messy while my surroundings are organized. I can’t work in a very messy environment.

J-type?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I have to make sure it makes sense first, sometimes I’ll go looking for information that supports it if I’m not sure.

Ti>Te then...

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I’m a bit more like the latter. Making sure if everyone is doing fine can be very exhausting for me. I’m willing to listen to people, but it can sometimes be very stressful and I can lose my patience. I like making sure I can help myself first before helping other people, and I don’t feel like involving myself in unnecessary drama. The are also those rare occasions when I involve myself with people when I want to forget my own problems, or feel like I’m free of them.

Fe-aux?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

This all depends on the situation for me. If I’m around people that I’m comfortable with I don’t think before speaking and can be very blunt. Also when I criticize people I can be a bit hurtful without meaning to and I often have to explain myself. I think before speaking if I’m around an acquaintance, a new person, or an adult. As well as when when someone is confiding to me about their problems, I try to think before I speak so that I don’t worsen the situation. I prefer one-on-one communication the most, or with a small group of people. I’ll only like group discussions if it’s a classroom setting and everyone debating and discussing their opinions.

Te-aux...?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

It depends on the situation. I will leap into a situation right away if there is an emergency with no time to think, I just follow my instincts on what I should do. If it’s not an emergency I prefer to to know where I’m jumping before leaping, and giving myself time to think on how to “leap” and motivate myself to do it.

Not a Se/Ne-dom...

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

If my friends called me for a night out I’d only go if their proposal sparks my interest. If it does I’d probably be disappointed about missing my favourite show, but I guess I’d just tell myself to watch it later and go out (since I barely go out anyway).

Introvert... Te-aux?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get extremely anxious and start shutting down. My stress escalates to the point where I can’t function properly because I’m so overwhelmed. It’s almost impossible to get tasks down in this state. I tend to go through a cycle of anxiety and depression when under pressure. Luckily I started taking anxiety medication, but I have to wait and see how that goes.

F-aux...?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Those who are extremely arrogant and condescending towards other people and treat them like crap. Impulsive people who do things not caring about the consequences and how their actions affect people. People who act like they know everything when they know nothing. Also if they act as if they know you without accepting who you actually are.

Ne or Se inferior...

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I’m really interested in psychology when it comes to mental illness and personality disorders. I also like analyzing the reason to why some people (or fictional characters) are the way they are based on their experiences. When it comes to fictional characters of a series that I like, I love sharing my headcanons with other people. I also enjoy debating! Overall I like to talk to people with similar interests.

May be Ni-dom...

Can you provide some more info?

PancakeMix

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Can you provide some more info?

2) UPDATED: So I do have a fantasy that gives me an ego boost, or a "high" when I think about having improved talents that outshine those of other people. Also having admirers because of my skills. It's the same when I think about being more attractive. It might sound superficial, although in reality I get really embarrassed when people praise me.

7) I have a circle of close friends that I always talk to. Out of my circle of friends, I tend to gravitate towards being closest to 2 out all of them since I trust them the most. For the most part I'm an introvert, but I do have some extroverted qualities. I don't like spending time with a large group of people, and I feel uncomfortable being in a group mostly consisting of more people that I don't know than the ones that I do know. I can't stand noisy places and would rather spend time in a place that's quiet and tranquil. I like being alone, but I also like spending time with a small group of people that I know very well. The most I can withstand being in complete solitude is for about 2-4 days before I feel isolated and seek someone to interact with. I do like socializing with people, just not all at once.

Last edited:

Doomkid

Do you remember what type you got the first time you took the test?

Doomkid

let me ask you some questions:

1. if you could go on a trip for 1 week would you rather go alone or with a group of people that you don't know?

2. when you read a book or watch a movie, you do that in a specific order, or sometimes you just run through it see if you catch something interesting? Also, do you care about spoilers?

3. what bothers you the most, people who are selfish and only look for themselves or people who get into your personal space without your consent?

4. Did you ever wear your pants backwards by accident?

5. Ever thought of using drugs? if yes, for what purpose?

6. between these 3, which one appeals to you the most: power, achievement, alliance?

7. you prefer to live with someone who is bossy but organized or with someone who is easy going but messy?

8. how many days you can go without taking a shower?

9. when you were a kid were you good, bad or average at sports?

10. in what frequency you did your homework?

11. if had to choose 3 super powers which ones?

12. in the worst discussions you had in your life, what was the subject about? and why were you angry with the person?

PancakeMix

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
let me ask you some questions:

1. if you could go on a trip for 1 week would you rather go alone or with a group of people that you don't know?

That’s a hard question to answer since it can go either way. If I went on a trip alone I wouldn’t know what to do and I might feel a bit lost and confused. But on the bright side I’d be able to do wherever I wanted at my own pace, and not worry about other people. On the other hand, going with a group of people that I didn’t know would be nerve-wracking for me especially since I feel very uncomfortable if I don’t know people. But it would also be very interesting since we all might be experiencing the same thing for the first time and be completely clueless about everything together. I’d probably try to make friends with the people there. If I don’t get along with them, then at least the trip is only for a week, right? Plus, being around a group of people is better for the sake of safety and looking out for each other in case of an emergency.

I think I’d rather go with people that I don’t know.

2. when you read a book or watch a movie, you do that in a specific order, or sometimes you just run through it see if you catch something interesting? Also, do you care about spoilers?

When I read a book or watch a movie I need to watch everything in order. I think running through it to find the interesting parts will take the fun out of it, make me miss important parts, and make it less meaningful. With spoilers, it depends. If I’m already interested in a series, movie, or book and plan to/currently watch it, I will get upset if someone spoils it since I’d want to experience it myself. But sometimes spoilers can help me gain interest in something that I’d never thought I’d be into.

3. what bothers you the most, people who are selfish and only look for themselves or people who get into your personal space without your consent?

The latter. I’d feel very disturbed and uneasy if someone constantly got into my personal space too often. I need my personal space, and I always get annoyed when someone crosses the line too often. Especially if I make it clear that I don’t like it.

4. Did you ever wear your pants backwards by accident?

I’m pretty sure I’ve done it before, but it doesn’t happen very often since I always check to see where the tag is before putting my pants on.

5. Ever thought of using drugs? if yes, for what purpose?

I’ve considered trying weed out of experimenting how it would feel like to be high. Although if someone were to ask me if I wanted to try it, I’d probably decline their offer.

6. between these 3, which one appeals to you the most: power, achievement, alliance?

The one that appeals to me the most is achievement. I’m very goal-oriented, and there’s no better feeling than achieving my goals.

7. you prefer to live with someone who is bossy but organized or with someone who is easygoing but messy?

I’d rather be with someone that’s bossy, but organized. I wouldn't have to worry about walking into a disaster like I would with a messy person. I already know what it’s like to live with easygoing, but messy people and it’s not a very nice environment, or living condition to be in.

8. how many days you can go without taking a shower?

The maximum I’d go is 2 days, and 3 days without washing my hair.

9. when you were a kid were you good, bad or average at sports?

When I was a kid I was really bad at playing sports that required me to run, catch a ball, or throw a ball. I was really good and loved to swim, though.

10. in what frequency you did your homework?

When I was younger I did not do my homework. Although now I always try to hand in my work on time, and will talk to a teacher if I feel like it won’t be on time. I try to do my homework as soon as I get home from school if I have the energy, or I wait a while to rest before starting.

11. if had to choose 3 super powers which ones?

Being able to manipulate and generate fire, psychokinesis, and invisibility.

12. in the worst discussions you had in your life, what was the subject about? and why were you angry with the person?

I've had pretty bad discussions, but there’s none that I would consider the “worst in my life”. I guess the worst discussions for me to have are when confronting people I see as toxic that I don’t want to be around them anymore.

Doomkid

1. you're in between introverted and extroverted, see but Introverted don't usually hasitate on this question so let's say you're extroverted for now

2. Ne tend to not mind spoilers so much so if you're intuitive it's probably Ni

3. looks like Fi

4. it was a stupid question nevermind

5. intuitive

6. Judger

7. Judger

8. stupid question nevermind

9. introverted sport (inferior Se?)

10. NJ

11. invisibility huh?

xNxJ

you probably got INFJ right I don't know

11Maiden

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Why do you think that you're uncertain of my type's cognitive functions?
It's because I don't call my lover a T type even if he calls me an Si dom and kills himself laughing..

You might be a feeler since you're "becausing" yourself?

I never thought of my husband even possibly being a feeler when he divorced me for creeping on a lofty construction worker. WwwHhhYyy???

Alea_iacta_est

It's because I don't call my lover a T type even if he calls me an Si dom and kills himself laughing..

I never thought of my husband even possibly being a feeler when he divorced me for creeping on a lofty construction worker. WwwHhhYyy???

What the fuck are you on about?

Oh, and [MENTION=21303]PancakeMix[/MENTION], I might see promise of a Ji function as your dominant, though there are some doubts as to whether or not that might not be Fe.

If Ji, then most likely Fi.
If Je, then Fe.

I can't pin anything at the moment for absolute certainty, truth be told.

PancakeMix

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
11. invisibility huh?

Yeah, I want to play pranks on people and pretend to be a ghost with my invisibility, and psychokinesis.

Oh, and [MENTION=21303]PancakeMix[/MENTION], I might see promise of a Ji function as your dominant, though there are some doubts as to whether or not that might not be Fe.

If Ji, then most likely Fi.
If Je, then Fe.

I can't pin anything at the moment for absolute certainty, truth be told.

Hmm... I'll probably have to look into it. I haven't read much about Ji and Je, yet.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Lmao what the hell is this?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm going with ISFJ since there is nothing in your post that jumps out as "not ISFJ".