• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram-type me!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have a feeling I don't fit into enneagram very well...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can I be a 7w10 or something now?

Hap, I really think you might be a 7w10.

7w10 is the one that must be high and entertained yet contradictary to be happy aren't they?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I say read up on it if you can and do some studies into all the different concepts that are part of it. The individual types themselves only give a static view of a system that is actually quite dynamic. I agree with dnivera about the possibility that you are just a higher functioning 5 which results in you taking on some 8 like traits (see the concept integration for an explanation on this). Anyway, I hope that helps some...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yup ^ ^

01011010 sent me something interesting that has made things clearer. I’m probably a 5 based on this not an 8 like I was thinking. Understanding this is all new to me, I say you're probably a 5w4.

As Fives begin to understand the emotional cost of their self-imposed isolation, they begin to risk deeper, more complete, contact with themselves and with the world. They become more grounded, more in touch with their bodies and their life energy, giving them more confidence and solidity. As this process deepens, integrating Fives naturally begin to express many qualities of the healthy Eight: they demonstrate leadership, courage, practical wisdom, and the willingness to take responsibility. They move from feeling small and powerless to feeling grounded and capable. Their knowledge and insight are then in service to objective needs in their world, and they are sought by others as sources of wisdom, compassion, and quiet strength.

5 when stressed take on 7s characteristics and with growth take on 8s traits.

Source

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hum.

I guess being a 5 would explain what happened in Vegas.

"I'm not good at runnin runnin runnin around like a frikin constipated weiner dog! The amount of crap you do in a day is my week! I'm fucking tired! Lemme alone! *faints from exhaustion*"

What's funny is I tend to score pretty high on both 7 and 8 and quite low on 6 and 4.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you have the graph stashed away somewhere? That would likely help the analysis a lot.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
No, but you mentioned scores. Those numbers or a graph of them would make the analysis easier.

Okay then.

Here's from the test that always gives me eight:

Type 1 -4
Type 2 -3
Type 3 4
Type 4 -2
Type 5 2
Type 6 -2
Type 7 -1
Type 8 7
Type 9 -1

And then the test that always gives me 5:

You are most likely a type 5.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 9w8.

Type 5 - 7.3
Type 9 - 6.7
Type 7 - 5.7
Type 8 - 5
Type 4 - 2
Type 6 - 1.7

Wing 9w8 - 9.2
Wing 8w9 - 8.4
Wing 5w4 - 8.3
Wing 5w6 - 8.2
Wing 7w8 - 8.2
Wing 8w7 - 7.9
Wing 9w1 - 7.7
Wing 7w6 - 6.6
Wing 4w5 - 5.7
Wing 6w5 - 5.4
Wing 6w7 - 4.6
Wing 4w3 - 3.2

Then again, I'm in a good mood today. You think that would skew towards eight?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay then.

Here's from the test that always gives me eight:

Type 1 -4
Type 2 -3
Type 3 4
Type 4 -2
Type 5 2
Type 6 -2
Type 7 -1
Type 8 7
Type 9 -1

And then the test that always gives me 5:

You are most likely a type 5.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 9w8.

Type 5 - 7.3
Type 9 - 6.7
Type 7 - 5.7
Type 8 - 5
Type 4 - 2
Type 6 - 1.7

Wing 9w8 - 9.2
Wing 8w9 - 8.4
Wing 5w4 - 8.3
Wing 5w6 - 8.2
Wing 7w8 - 8.2
Wing 8w7 - 7.9
Wing 9w1 - 7.7
Wing 7w6 - 6.6
Wing 4w5 - 5.7
Wing 6w5 - 5.4
Wing 6w7 - 4.6
Wing 4w3 - 3.2

Then again, I'm in a good mood today. You think that would skew towards eight?

A good mood can shift you more to 8 while a bad mood could shift you to 7 if you being a 5 is correct. The tests that automatically try to locate your wing can be a pain, but the one giving you 8 up top also has spikes at 3 and 5. The interesting part is the large trough at 1 and 2; the trough at 2 a long with the spike at 5 would show you to be on the unhealthy side if you're an 8. My interpretation would still be for a (very) healthy 5 at the moment. Maybe try it in different states of mind to see what numbers move in which direction by how much.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
A good mood can shift you more to 8 while a bad mood could shift you to 7 if you being a 5 is correct. The tests that automatically try to locate your wing can be a pain, but the one giving you 8 up top also has spikes at 3 and 5. The interesting part is the large trough at 1 and 2; the trough at 2 a long with the spike at 5 would show you to be on the unhealthy side if you're an 8. My interpretation would still be for a (very) healthy 5 at the moment. Maybe try it in different states of mind to see what numbers move in which direction by how much.

Last time I took an enneagram test in a bad mood I got more 6 and 7. I think this would make sense that I'm either 5 or 9...

And they both seem kind of similar.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Last time I took an enneagram test in a bad mood I got more 6 and 7. I think this would make sense that I'm either 5 or 9...

And they both seem kind of similar.

So really, that just leaves seeing where the other spikes and troughs are. In your good mood one 5 was still a spike while 9 is in the same trough as 1 and 2.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
You posted a video of yourself some time ago, Haphazard. Low-key, somewhat monotone, much less regard for an audience than your train of thought.

There should be no doubt that if the choices are between Type 8 and Type 5, you are a Type 5.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You posted a video of yourself some time ago, Haphazard. Low-key, somewhat monotone, much less regard for an audience than your train of thought.

There should be no doubt that if the choices are between Type 8 and Type 5, you are a Type 5.

I think it's between type 5 and type 9 now.

As to what MetalWounds says -- I think the people on INTJf are either 4s, 6s, or have a heavy 4 or 6 wing... and I don't appear to relate much to either.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hahaha, 5 and 9 ? showoff xDD

I give you a 5w2 at least xD