• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Completely lost! Can you help type me

rebecca

So, I found this little questionnaire thing. Hopefully you guys can help me find out what type I am, because I have no clue! :blush:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Whenever I take the test I get something different each time (INFP, ESTJ, ISFP, INTP, ISTP, ESFP), so I figured that it would make more sense to let real humans rather than a test help me find my type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I'm a bit of a hedonist. I just want to have a happy and meaningful life, even if it isn't someone else's idea of meaningful. I want to be successful by my own definition. I don't want any regrets. I just want to do whatever makes me feel happy and free. I mean, why wouldn't you want to have a fulfilling life? I don't want to do what people tell me to do just to satisfy them. This is my life and it's my only chance to live it. Only I call the shots on my decisions. I would never go out of my way to hurt anybody though. That's wrong.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I really love it when I have a day (or even better, more than a day) where I don't have to follow a schedule and I can do whatever I feel like doing. Like this one time I had the house all to myself, and I blasted my music really loud and sang and danced around all through the house. But I don't like to be stuck inside for long, so I went out for a nice long walk around the city all on my own time without any responsibilities.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I don't like it at all when I have no freedom. If I feel cooped up or pent in, I get really antsy and angry and depressed. I need to have control over my life at all times.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I focus on whether or not I want to do it. I like to make a list of pros and cons and see which side has the most filled in, and if I'm sure that I want to do it, I don't second guess myself. I just do it. Unless I filled in more cons than pros, then I won't do it. I pay no attention to the wants of other people when I'm making personal decisions.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis?
I prefer to stay realistic with it. I don't let my head fly away to the clouds or think about all the "what ifs", I focus on what is real and what is attainable. Bonus points if I'm working by myself so I don't have to worry if the other person is doing things right.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I remember when I was around 10 years old, I was sitting in a hot tub in a hotel at night. You could see the sky because the ceiling had roof windows, and it was thunder storming and I could see the lightning. The pool was beautiful, it had these fake rocks with fake flowers so it looked like a pond. I'm not really sure if it's a good idea to be in a hot tub in a thunder storm or anything but that's not the point here, haha. I remember how the plastic rocks felt and the noises and splashes of all the other people at the pool and of course the lightning. I was so happy.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I'm a hands-on person. Visual things help too, but it's more effective if I can try it with my own hands afterwards. Like watching a video on how to do something, and then doing it myself. I'm pretty awful at memorizing, and I guess I can theorize if I must but I think it's tedious. I really hate sitting around and thinking about things instead of getting up and doing them. I really enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together again, or at least watching a video of someone doing that. I'm not really good at listening to lectures if there's no visual thing provided with it. Or at least vivid adjectives so I can use my imagination.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Disorganized. I like to organize things and put them in order to help myself calm down, but they never stay organized for long.

10) How do you judge new ideas? Do you try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I keep an open mind about every idea that I come across (even the impractical ones, which I find very tedious, but I remain open to them), and then I read more about it and gain as many unbiased facts as I can. I apply the idea to many possible situations for myself and others to see how it would work. Finally, I decide whether or not I personally agree with it. The only worthwhile opinion is a properly informed one. But I don't try to convert anybody else to my ideas. I can teach them my viewpoint, but I think it's extremely important to let other people ultimately decide for themselves and make their own decisions.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I definitely believe in being myself, always, no matter what. If other people feel more comfortable conforming to everybody else, good for them, but I want no part in that at all. I have a strong need for individuality, even if it means that I'm alone. I'd much rather be who I am all alone than pretend to be somebody else for the sake of friendships.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I greatly prefer one-on-one conversations. I try to think carefully before I speak, unless I'm nervous or angry or excited, then it's pretty hard for me.

13) Do you jump into action right away, or do you like to know where you are jumping before leaping? Do actions speak more than words?
When it comes to most things, I jump in without overthinking it too much if I really want to do it myself, but when it comes to finances I try to spend money very carefully. And yes, actions absolutely speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It depends on my mood, where it is exactly we're going, and how long we will be spending there. If we're gonna go out to a party or something I wouldn't mind going for an hour or so. If I stay too long at places where a lot of other people are, I start getting tired and grumpy pretty quick, and I snap at people. But I think actually living life and having experiences is infinitely more important than some TV show. Although If I was in a bad mood to begin with and just wanted to be alone (like if I had just been to an event the previous night), I'd stay home. I enjoy actively socializing in smaller doses. I can't do it every day or I get tired and grumpy.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I just try to approach the problem from many different angles and perspectives until I figure it out. If that doesn't work, I would start to feel like nobody cares about me and that everyone takes me for granted and nobody ever helps me, and that I'm always helping everybody else but no one is there for me in return. There could literally be somebody sitting right next to me saying "I'm here for you" but I would still feel like they don't really care. So first I'm rational, and if that fails then I'm annoyingly dramatic. It's awful.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I cannot get along with condescending people, narrow minded people, or pretentious people.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I can talk about anything of substance, but I really hate small talk and questions like "What's up?" I can have a conversation about anything, but you're going to have to approach me first. I don't often start conversations.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I don't pay any attention to other people's opinions about me, and I don't pay attention to authority figures. Neither of them matter to me. I'm going to do what I want to (not hurting people) because I think others should just mind their own business. I want to be happy for myself. I don't present myself in a way that is meant to be impressive to anybody except me.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
At my best, my friends say that I'm understanding and compassionate. At my worst, they say I'm moody and unpredictable. I cut people out of my life sometimes without a word if I feel that they've wronged me.
I look really easygoing on the surface, so sometimes people see that and think they can take advantage of me. But they realize that I'm a lot stronger than they thought. Still waters run deep, as they say. People never recognize how strong I really am, because I'm also so giving. But I'm only generous on my own terms. I can be misunderstood to be a pushover, when I'm really only so selfless to my best friends.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would fill my day with a lot of hiking in the woods by myself, or at least a long road trip. I would paint a picture, or teach myself something new on my guitar. I would go to a thrift store and probably end up buying anything that falls under the category of "shiny". I like beautiful things that have a lot of character, like a beat-up jewelry box covered with colorful stones. Anything other than sitting around the house is fine by me, as long as there won't be massive amounts of socializing going on.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP sounds good.

yeghor

I bet ISFPs act like a drama queen ESFJ when angry... :)