• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENTJ or ENTP?

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
I made a post on Personality Cafe, and the members suggested that I'm either an ENTP or ENTJ. At first ESTP was among the options but I ruled that out because I don't think I have Se as my dominant function. I'm quite disconnected from the real world, and I'm not a doer. I spend more time thinking about doing something than actually doing it. I'm a 3w4

- I would say I'm extroverted but I'm definitely not the person who's always into partying etc. as I am a homebody. However, whenever I'm having a conversation with a large group, I hate it if I'm not the 'main speaker'. I am the one who tends to invite others to join us and I am the one who initiates the conversation.

- The ENTP description fits me really well, but I have started doubting it because I have read that they tend to be really laid back. Although I am not a worrier, I do take plans about my future seriously. I started doing research on universities 3 years before I finished secondary school. I have also planned what I will wear to the interviews, what the living costs will be like,etc.

-I have a crude sense of humour

- I am short tempered and very irritable

-Although I like being the leader in a group, I am not domineering. Instead of saying "you do this, you do that", I say "I think it would be better if we did this". I dislike bossy people, and if the group leader is being very bossy, I stand up to them and put them in their place.

- I am rather materialistic, and I am very concerned about being fashionable, etc to impress others.

- I like to think of make believe situations like the zombie apocalypse. Once I lay in bed for 3 hours, thinking of a zombie apocalypse strategy. Whenever I walk into a convenience store, I imagine a group situation where I assembled 12 people, 3 would gather food, 3 would gather water, 3 would gather various supplies(like batteries or razors) and the other 3 would be on guard.

- I always ask people questions regarding situations, for example:
What would you do if you were swimming in a pool, but all of a sudden you felt like drowning. After a while, you were able to come up to the surface and you felt relieved, but as you climbed out of the swimming pool, you found yourself looking at your own body. Sometimes when I sit in class, I wonder what would I do if a fire broke out, or if armed robbers came in.

- When I was a kid I used to wonder if my life was real, or if it was actually a dream.

-I have a short attention span

-I am an unemotional person for the most part, but I am able evoke emotions as I please. This started when I was around 7. My dog had to be rushed to the vet at midnight because of a centipede bite and I was very chilled out about it but, my overemotional ISFJ mother and my IxFx sister were crying their eyes out. They kept calling me heartless and stone hearted. So when the dog was rushed to the vet again a few months later(she was allergic to some medication) I made myself cry a bit, so they would leave me the fuck alone. However as I grew older, I know longer cared about what they thought and I stopped doing that.

-For some reason, people around me tend to think I'm a serial killer:dry: because I have always enjoyed reading about murders and looking at post mortem pictures even when I was a kid(I had a book about the goriest murders of the 20th century). My dad confiscated it, but I had already read the best ones ehehe. I skipped the boring ones like death by stabbing or strangulation. I was deeply fascinated by the murder of Fanny Adams.

-I plan a lot, when it comes to my future but I am quite disorganised. I am a messy person. I procrastinate A LOT.

-I have a very good memory when it comes to remembering facts, quotes,physical characteristics of people, dates or memories but I always misplace things and forget instructions easily.

-I am terrible at directions as I always daydream in the car when someone else is driving(I haven't taken my licence yet although I am already eligible)

yeghor

You may be an ESTP... temper and impulsiveness (and aggressiveness) are related to Se...

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't know how much stock you put in the enneagram, but you really sound like a six, with all that planning/worrying/envisioning worst-case survival scenarios, however unlikely. Also the fact that you're not a doer, you spend too much time in your head sounds sixish. 6's also have a connection to 3's.

I'm not sure about your MBTI. You say you daydream in the car a lot. What kind of stuff do you daydream about?

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
I don't know how much stock you put in the enneagram, but you really sound like a six, with all that planning/worrying/envisioning worst-case survival scenarios, however unlikely. Also the fact that you're not a doer, you spend too much time in your head sounds sixish. 6's also have a connection to 3's.

I'm not sure about your MBTI. You say you daydream in the car a lot. What kind of stuff do you daydream about?

Those scenarios I mentioned earlier, or I have imaginary conversations with others in my head. Sometimes I think about a certain issue and imagine how I would retaliate if person A was debating with me. Or sometimes I think about how I would react/what would I say if I met my favourite actors/footballers

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
1)What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I have tested as INTJ,INTP,ENTJ and ENTP. I was quite sure that I'm an ENTP until I read the part Perceivers being the 'go with the flow' types. I plan a lot, but I don't necessarily carry out these plans. For example, I always create a study schedule, but I fail to follow it, improvising along the way instead and screwing myself in the end However, when it comes to things like college, I plan waaay ahead. I started planning for college 3 years before I finished secondary school, and I have even planned out what I plan to wear to the interviews, where will I stay, what will I do after I graduate, etc. I also made a post about me being unsure about being an ENTP(Unsure if I really am an ENTP?) and someone suggested that I could be a Feeler, and that's why I'm answering one of these questionnaires as I'm wondering if my F scores on tests are really low because of the questions asked.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn for wealth and success. I would like to be someone important who will be remembered and admired even long after I am gone. As for wealth, I am a rather materialistic person, and I always like the best of everything.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

*Brace yourselves for the narcissism* When I was 12, I won a spelling bee, and it was all over the newspapers because the spelling bee was organised by a prominent newspaper. I became really popular at school, and many people looked up to me. The younger kids at school idolised me and told me that they wanted to be like me. My school even hung a large poster of me in the school.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I feel inferior when I'm with a group of people who are talking about something I know nothing about(guitars or the latest tech for example). Usually I'm the one who knows a lot of facts about different things, so to be that one person who knows nothing makes me feel inferior.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions?

I do extensive research, then I list the pros and cons, and the consequences of the decision.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

It depends. If the project is about something that isn't my forte(art for example), I just tend to sit back and let the more knowledgeable person take charge. However, if it's something that is my idea or my area of expertise, I usually take charge and emphasise on being the best. I want that project to be better than everyone else's. If it's a performance or an oral presentation, I want it to be memorable. However, if it involves a subject I'm not interested in, I'll just let someone else take charge and I don't really care about the outcome as long as the project is finished and handed in.
'

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

During the last day of school, there was a class party and someone had ordered loads of ice. My friends and I kept dumping ice down each others' t-shirts. Then, we filled up the empty carbonated drink bottles and poured water on each other.After that, it started raining so we played in the rain and threw ice cubes at each other HAHAHA

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

It really depends on what I am learning. I tend to remember scientific experiments better when I'm in charge of the whole experiment so in that aspect, I'd rather be hands on. I'm very good at memorising but I only do so when I'm studying at the eleventh hour I usually read about the particular subject on Wikipedia. However if it's something to do with engines, I read about the engines, functions, and then as I look at the pictures, I imagine all of the parts working together and then everything just 'clicks'.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

My desk is horribly messy, but I like it just the way it is as I know where everything is. However, my DVD collection is very well organised.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

The latter, but I tend to be open to new things, so even if I can't find information that supports it, then I do the former.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

No, I don't do the first one. As for being myself, I have never tried to change my personality, so I have never needed to 'make sure' that I'm being myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before speaking, and I prefer group discussions, especially if something controversial is being discussed. I like to shake things up a bit.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

The latter definitely. As for the second statement, I think it would depend on the situation.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I will lie and tell them that I'm very busy with something else, and I'll watch the show.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I become really depressed. I am unsure if I may have any mental illnesses as I have never been psychologically evaluated. However, if it's something to do with bad grades then I tell myself that I have no one to blame but myself and I suck it up.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I don't like attention seekers or people who are too close minded. Oh and people who make up their own 'facts' while arguing.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Movies, our ambitions, controversial topics like abortion.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Romantic relationships of any sort.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends perceive me as a pervert, closet serial killer and a cold hearted, but likeable person. I am not a very emotional person for the most part but when it comes to animals there are a lot of 'feels' ehehe. They would never call me close minded.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I'd probably watch films all day, go on IMDb and read the message boards, and whatsapp my friends.

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
I've answered another one.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

No

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

ENTP most of the time but I've also tested as INTJ,INTP and ENTJ

3. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

Normally I am that friend! So, if someone else did that, I'd probably discuss it with them and we'd forget about fixing that something. But if I am very serious about fixing that something, then I might get slightly pissed off.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

I believe that people should be treated equally, regardless of their age. I don't believe in blindly agreeing with someone, just because they're older.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

No, that won't change.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

If they were to say I'm rude, I would ask for examples of my rudeness. If they were to say that I'm immoral or cruel, this may seem weird but my brain is wired in a way that I take it as a compliment.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Watching really good films,listening to thunderous classical music like 'To The Opera' from the Sherlock Holmes 2 soundtrack, obstacle courses.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Window shopping with my mother. I see no point in it, and I feel very 'slow' after that because it's so boring.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

I'm new to this so I'm not 100% sure about the traits of introversion and extraversion, but I believe I'm an extravert because I am energised by interaction with other human beings. Even in school, if I sat far away from my friends and I was unable to interact with any of them, I felt dead,like I had zero energy. I am also quite outspoken.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

Strengths.
-I am able to deal with criticism because most of the time I find it useful
-I am able to keep calm during emergencies

Weaknesses.
-I am stubborn(I sometimes view this as a strength too)
-I am undisciplined when it comes to getting something done. For example, if I had a school project, I procrastinate a lot, and in the end I end up doing it about one or two nights before it is due.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

It depends on the situation. Honestly, sometimes I don't know if I am actually stressed or if I am dealing with some kind of mental illness. I think I may be bipolar but I am not sure. I have periods of narcissism, feelings of extreme determination followed by periods of depression where I feel hopeless. If I am stressed because of school, I feel sad for a while, but then I tell myself that it's my fault for not studying harder, and I convince myself that I'm not really bad at the subject, just lazy.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

I don't get upset over a lot of things but I get pissed off if someone tries to control my future or if they call me stupid. My ISFJ mother, for example calls me stupid because I am inept at doing house chores. She also calls me 'slow' because I do tend to get lost in my thoughts and as a result I tend to be a bit detached from my surroundings. If I am walking down the street, even if someone used a microphone and called out my name, I don't think I'll be able to hear them. But after getting pissed, I think about how illogical she is(during arguments, she talks absolute nonsense that makes zero sense and she just repeats things like "Just shut up") and her lack of scientific knowledge and I feel amused by it.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

I think a lot about future plans, and various alternatives to those plans. I also tend tend to think about make believe situations, like the zombie apocalypse. Once I lay awake at night thinking out a whole strategy for the zombie apocalypse, and when I looked at the clock, about 2 or 3 hours had passed!

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I would like some feedback here and there, but I think constant feedback might irritate me.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

This may seem horrible to some, but I am unaffected by things that happen to people. For example, if I were to see a commercial about starving children in Africa or videos of child abuse, I feel nothing. However, if something happens to animals, I have very strong feelings about it.

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
My desk and my room are both kind of messy, however other things are really organised(things for my laptop for example, there are folders within folders.) And whenever I imagine these imaginary situations(like the zombie apocalypse) I'd imagine a whole system if I were to run a sanctuary. There would be different zones within the sanctuary itself, and there would be duty rosters for everyone to follow. People with special skills(doctors, chefs etc) would be in charge of the activities that require their expertise. There would also be obstacle courses and short workshops regarding safety and self defense, so members would not be a liability to others when a group is out looking for supplies, etc. Furthermore, everyone who wants to join the sanctuary will be required to undergo a psychological evaluation beforehand.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Old, I know, but I needed to look for people in my situation. I'm going to say ENTJ.

"I am rather materialistic, and I am very concerned about being fashionable, etc to impress others"
Being materialistic is an Se trait, wanting nice things, external, aggressive outward natures are too. High standards for oneself, confidence, Te.

"I am an unemotional person for the most part, but I am able evoke emotions as I please. This started when I was around 7. My dog had to be rushed to the vet at midnight because of a centipede bite and I was very chilled out about it but, my overemotional ISFJ mother and my IxFx sister were crying their eyes out. They kept calling me heartless and stone hearted. So when the dog was rushed to the vet again a few months later(she was allergic to some medication) I made myself cry a bit, so they would leave me the fuck alone. However as I grew older, I know longer cared about what they thought and I stopped doing that."
The lack of crying is more Fi, you don't feel the need to empathize, like someone with Fe might (wanting to appropriate their feelings with those of others around them), you're concerned with your own actual feelings, internally. With this, it's safe to say that you're an ENTJ since an ESTP has Fe in their dominant functions while ENTJ has Fi and an ESTP has Ti rather than Te.

"I dislike bossy people, and if the group leader is being very bossy, I stand up to them and put them in their place."
As a possible ENTx, I can relate, although I do like being domineering at times and the position of power, however. From what I've read of ENTP, they would challenge authority just to challenge it while an ENTJ would challenge authority if it didn't sit right by them and their own values, evident here.

"I yearn for wealth and success. I would like to be someone important who will be remembered and admired even long after I am gone. As for wealth, I am a rather materialistic person, and I always like the best of everything."
Te/Se right here, high standards, characteristic of an ENTJ and a Te, materialistic, Se.

I see myself relating quite a bit with you, I'd type you as ENTJ. I've been typed as ENTJ, too by people, I needed some more confirmation going by the functions individually and I definitely see it now.

Looking at J and P individually, I don't think I'd be able to really tell between (for myself) ENTP or ENTJ as I can relate to the "factors" put on both. Playful ("P"), I want closure("J"), I'm rather unorganized("P")
However, these final "functions", if we may call them that, should be seen as a summation and characterization of the three previous functions rather than functions wholly in their own right. You can't say you're one or the other without looking at the actual functions of each type, individually Fe vs Fi, Te vs Ti, Se vs Si, Ne vs Ni (which were long before established, unlike our new friends J/P). S/N, F/T are different in that they have introverted and extroverted counterparts while J and P do not, so you can't look at (extremely generalized) qualities of J and P, such as being organized and say "Oh! I'm organized! I must be a J.".

Last edited:

Aurora James

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You actually sound a lot like an ESTP.