• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could my gut fix be 8 instead of 9?

What is Chanaynay's gut fix?

• 8w7

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 8w9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9w8

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • 9w1

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
if you want to develop a thorough understanding of the Enneagram, then yes, I do. to make it easier though, I recommend skipping to the "trait structure" section (I believe it's section 3)

There is in lust not only pleasure, but pleasure in asserting the satisfaction of impulses, pleasure in the forbidden and, particularly, pleasure in fighting for pleasure.

It is this that makes lust a passion for intensity and not for pleasure alone. The extra intensity, the extra excitement, the “spice,” comes not from instinctual satisfaction, but from a struggle and an implicit triumph.

Another group of traits intimately connected to lust is that which could be labeled punitive, sadistic, exploitative, hostile. Among such traits we can find “bluntness,” “sarcasm,” “irony,” and those of being intimidating, humiliating, and frustrating. Of all characters, this is the most angry and the one least intimidated by anger.

In this overt sense type VIII is not strikingly vindictive; on the contrary, the character retaliates angrily at the moment and gets quickly over his irritation.

It is easy to see how dominance and aggressiveness are in the service of lust; particularly in a world that expects individual restraint, only power and the ability to fight for one’s wishes can allow the individual to indulge in his passion for impulse expression.

Also closely related to the hostile characteristic of ennea-type VIII are traits of toughness, manifest through such descriptors as “confrontativeness,” “intimidation,” “ruthlessness,” “callousness.”

Related to this unsentimental, realistic, direct, brusque, blunt quality (this one is the total opposite of me, so I'm pasting it here to note that)

Risk-taking, in turn, feeds lust, for the type VII individual has learned to thrive on anxiety as a source of excitement, and rather than suffering, he has—through an implicit masochistic phenomenon—learned to wallow in its sheer intensity.

The cynical attitude to life of the exploitative personality is underscored by Fromm’s traits of skepticism, the tendency to look upon virtue as always hypocritical, distrust in the motives of others, and so on. (again, not me)

Ennea-type VIII people are entertaining, witty, and often charming, yet not vain in the sense of being concerned with how they appear.

As Horney has remarked, we could not expect anything other than self-reliance in one who approaches others as potential competitors or targets of exploitation.

Concentration on the present is not simply as a manifestation of mental health as it could be in other character dispositions, but the consequence of not deeming anything real that is not tangible and an immediate stimulus to the senses. (not me)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's something an ESFP would say!

;)

Or anyone with other things to do besides sit on the computer. :alttongue:

But I deconstructed it anyway. The things I do for you people. :cry:

B

brainheart

Hmm, in a 728 fixer though? :thinking: And so/sx. I am definitely protective over my sense of autonomy and my people and it's definitely a lot less rational. But I'm not as explosive as that for sure. I do want to deal with things as they come (minus things like you know...work and obligations, an E7's nightmare), but I also think about the future and how to cover for that as well while dealing with it immediately. That sounds more like 6 influence to me though.

Yeah, you're right. I'm always seeing things through my 4w5 sx/sp lens. In other words, intensely.

Also, even though I entertain the concept, I still struggle with the point of tritype. What I would say about you is that you are totally a 7w6 so/sx and that explains more than enough :D

Starry

No, this isn't confusing at all! Your experience with your EFP so/sx hubby definitely provides a lot of insight. :yes: I agree with you (and I'm sure [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] has been mentioning it too) that a type like this is probably so open and agreeable, especially when my other fixes are positive outlook types, that it might make someone like they have a 9-fix when on a more personal level the general fear and motivation is 1 or 8. Plus what Nic was saying earlier made a lot of sense for the differences between us.

These are both true. Especially since my gut fix is the least apparent in general, I'd expect in another universe where I would be the other fix I'm not here there wouldn't be much of a difference if that makes sense. I feel like people put too much weight into tritype. I remember Elfboy linked me a video of 729 which was all rainbows, sunshines, and unicorns and then the 728 video suddenly turned into these gangsters getting women and talking about their money and throwing around guns and stuff. I mean 9 and 8 are different types but that difference is just...way too different to be explained by only one fix haha unless it was core 9 vs a core 8.

I think you're totally right here. Once again, now you're pushing me towards 8. :laugh: Starry, your intelligence is too much to handle! I'm wavering back and forth as the replies come. I think core 7s are generally upfront about what they want (hence, they're in the assertive triad), but I think you're right in saying that the 6 wing (especially for me since my 6 wing tends to go more phobic than counterphobic) adds a sense of insecurity, second-guessing, hesitation, etc. I think these triads are also taken a bit too seriously when really they're more just observed patterns, and wings can also factor into the equation and throw things off. 6 wing also adds more of a need to know where they stand with people, preserving their sense of security with others, so me being "pretty dominant" as you described might better be explained by an 8 fix than being E7.

I want to say again that my participation in this thread is merely for my own understanding... Like I alluded to earlier...I think...at least for now...you're all Head & Heart. And that what little Guts you have :wink: are but mildly expressed. But there's something there... burning far off in the distance that fuels this big burst of 7w6/2 sunshine we all know as Chanaynay. I think this is the same spark that caused you to mistype as sx/so... it gives to you a level of force, edgy humor...

it explains this common response you've had whenever I've reacted to another poster in a thread (which always makes me laugh btw)...

^^that's not a Peacemaker Chanaynay. That's a Free Spirit. And I just love yah for it.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, you're right. I'm always seeing things through my 4w5 sx/sp lens. In other words, intensely.

The drama makes it more interesting, so no worries. :newwink:

Also, even though I entertain the concept, I still struggle with the point of tritype. What I would say about you is that you are totally a 7w6 so/sx and that explains more than enough :D

Agreed! Core type + instincts definitely makes up for a greater deal than tritype. Although my 2 fix is pretty apparent still and is nice to take note of when I'm working on self-improvement.

I want to say again that my participation in this thread is merely for my own understanding... Like I alluded to earlier...I think...at least for now...you're all Head & Heart.

:D You got me there.

And that what little Guts you have :wink: are but mildly expressed. But there's something there... burning far off in the distance that fuels this big burst of 7w6/2 sunshine we all know as Chanaynay. I think this is the same spark that caused you to mistype as sx/so... it gives to you a level of force, edgy humor...

Hmm, I'll have to introspect a little and think about this for myself. Thank you for providing some direction dear. :hug:

^^that's not a Peacemaker Chanaynay. That's a Free Spirit. And I just love yah for it.

:heart:

B

brainheart

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], I'm all heart and head, too, as what [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] says about you. My gut is like a distant echo, which is why it's so hard for me to recognize. So I'm with you on this one. :) (It's also, I imagine, why I don't get anything done, ha.)