• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

still don't know what my type is (let's try this MBTI thing again)

anastasiatremaines

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I have thought about my type a lot, to the point of over-analyzing it. I don't believe I can objectively determine my type. I second guess myself. I am a mess of contradictions in one person - competitive and ambitious, yet shy and sensitive. Power hungry, yet shunning obligations. I care what others think about me, but I am largely centered on my own world.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I don't want your average life, if that makes sense. I wish I could be happy with an average job, average grades, and the stereotypical "work, get married, have children" path but I cannot. I want to be travelling, having wonderful amazing experiences. I want to be happy with who I am, be satifisied with myself and others. I want to be content, and proud and having fun with anything I end up doing.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

This is more of a collection of moments, actually. Whenever I am in a city, like New York or London, and dressed really nice, shoes clicking on the pavement, I feel fabulous. I feel like I can be whoever I want to be, that I have a whole city to explore. There is comfort in that solidarity, that anything can happen.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
People who are smarter, richer, have more opportunities than me. People who are thinner, better looking, seemingly have it all together. Yeah, just other people in general. When people make fun of mental illness, too - I have depression, anxiety, and OCD, and I ended up going through hospitalization for it so it left me really sensitive.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How I feel personally about it, how it will affect me. Will it change my future plans? Stress me out, give me more anxiety? I am very indecisive, preferring not to make big decisions, yet at the same time uncertainty also unsettles me.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Do the project as quickly as possible with the minimal amount of effort, make sure no one in the group (if there is a group) messes something up. I know that my way will get us a good grade, so I get angry when others get in the way of that.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I was in Amersterdam over the summer. I went biking along the canals, and it was just such a magical experience. It was a sunny day, and a musical festival was taking place, so jazz music was wafting down the streets. I could explore everywhere I wanted; the whole city was at my fingertips to unravel. I had never felt so optimistic in my life.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Go out and be hands on. I can read books and memorize all I want, but when I am actually doing it I learn so much more. Theorizing and memorizing are easy for me, but they are not nearly as fun as trying things yourself. This is why I would try most things once.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Not very. I write down the big things, but I sort of hope I just remember it all. It becomes overwhelming. I have my own personal sense of organization, though - organized chaos, it seems.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
See if it makes sense in accordance to what I already know to be true. Do I really feel, believe it's true, if it's something that's not scientifically based? Do I have personal experience to back it up?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I mostly look out for myself - I have a big self-preservation instinct. I care about my friends' wellbeing, and I can't stand drama, but I tend to make sure I am doing well. I readily help friends when they need tutoring for school, for example, but only because I learn a lot by teaching.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I have put my foot in my mouth, like anyone else, but I tend to think a lot before I speak because I don't want to offend anyone. While I do well in both one-on-one communication and groups, I like one-on-one better - you can get shut out of a group easily, though it's fun to bounce ideas off of many people. With only one other person, I tend to dominate the conversation, but it's fun if it is something we are both passionate about. Being with only one person can get boring after a while.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I generally like knowing what I'm getting into, but not so much as it takes all the fun and surprise out of it. I would like to be able to make an informed decision, though a lot of my best work has come out of times of crisis, where I needed to act quickly. Words, I think, are so powerful - the pen is truly mightier than the sword, but I do believe your actions are ultimately more important.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Tape the show, then go out. I rarely see my friends as it is - we're all so busy, and fairly introverted on top of it.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I internalize stress, which isn't good for me so I'm trying to vocalize it more. I just let myself simmer until I boil over, too overwhelmed to function. I cry and feel helpless and make rash decisions.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I hate loud, obnoxious people who always say what they're thinking, who always have some cause to preach about. I hate people who are ignorant, who refuse to learn - who shut their eyes and ears to reality. I hate people who push their beliefs onto others. I hate whiny people, rude people, classless people who don't know how to shut their mouths and keep their opinions to themselves.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Literature, history, music, philosophy, movies, music, politics, travelling, anything I'm up to at the moment, possibilities.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I am fairly forgetful, so I often don't remember to do some simple things - take out the garbage, wash the dishes, etc. I hate drama so much I avoid it like the plage. I can fight about anything 'objectivity' - politics, economy, etc, but the moment it turns personal I have to shut it down. It stresses me out so much and instills a massive sense of dread in me. It has caused me to avoid a lot of my extended family, because they're all so dramatic.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I think my friends percieve me as fairly outgoing, yet irresponsible. I am always up to try anything new. They see me as smart, but a bit melancholy. I am a lot more sensitive than they think, and I am not afraid to us manipulation to get what I want. They would never admit that I'm an elitist, selfish and can be a bit cold and icy.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Sleep in late, read, drink coffee, browse book stores, watch a movie, catch up on TV, do yoga, see a show, people watch, maybe hang out with my friends.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
See if it makes sense in accordance to what I already know to be true. Do I really feel, believe it's true, if it's something that's not scientifically based? Do I have personal experience to back it up?

How do you decide you feel/believe that it's true? (when not scientifically based)

anastasiatremaines

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=9075]infinity[/MENTION]~ Mostly based off of personal experience and observeration.

Noon

I think it might be more illuminating to think on how you process information rather than on your immediate personality or how others see it.

This thread is pretty good to start with.

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'd guess IxFP (Fi-dom). If pressed, I'd probably lean more toward ISFP than INFP. eta: Eh, or maybe INFP. That keeps coming in and out of focus. the Fi-dom seems clearer than whatever the aux is.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would guess SFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd guess IxFP (Fi-dom). If pressed, I'd probably lean more toward ISFP than INFP. eta: Eh, or maybe INFP. That keeps coming in and out of focus. the Fi-dom seems clearer than whatever the aux is.

I see Fi and Se in equal measure. Actions speak louder than words, and she would rather learn by doing, and I relate to the way she describes happiness and hope in specific sensory details.

I don't know anything about her except from her response in the OP.

Werebudgie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I see Fi and Se in equal measure. Actions speak louder than words, and she would rather learn by doing, and I relate to the way she describes happiness and hope in specific sensory details.

I don't know anything about her except from her response in the OP.

Then my vote is ISFP.

eta: Except this makes me question the Se-aux just a bit:

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life[/I]
I am fairly forgetful, so I often don't remember to do some simple things - take out the garbage, wash the dishes, etc.

The ISFPs I've known have seemed to me to be really tuned into that kind of physical home stuff. Not sure if that's relevant, though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Then my vote is ISFP.

eta: Except this makes me question the Se-aux just a bit:

The ISFPs I've known have seemed to me to be really tuned into that kind of physical home stuff. Not sure if that's relevant, though.

I see your point, "forgetting" details, but that could just be a lack of concern for Te structure rather than a lack of concern for real life. ISFPs can be homemakers or slobs, depending on what they value. If they value making art and traveling, dishes are going to go low on the list of priorities.

I am mostly struck by her saying she dominates one on one convos, as well as saying she needs to experience things and seems to find joy in movement and activity.

Werebudgie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I see your point, "forgetting" details, but that could just be a lack of concern for Te structure rather than a lack of concern for real life. ISFPs can be homemakers or slobs, depending on what they value. If they value making art and traveling, dishes are going to go low on the list of priorities.

I am mostly struck by her saying she dominates one on one convos, as well as saying she needs to experience things and seems to find joy in movement and activity.

Agreed 100% on the joy in movement and activity, and I would add the sensations of action (Se-aux). But the ISFPs I've known (I think I've actually known something like 4 of them, but not confirmed) haven't noticeably dominated one on one conversations and I don't get where that comes from function-wise.

I wonder what [MENTION=21167]anastasiatremaines[/MENTION] might think about ISFP. ISFP cognitive processes are Fi-Se-Ni-Te.

anastasiatremaines

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=10654]Noon[/MENTION]
For interaction style, I got Directing-Initiating. In everyday life, I'm not particularly like that at all, but I do tend to be the group leader in projects, with a clear and concise vision of what needs to happen, what we need, and what role everyone has. As for temperment, I got abstract-pragmatic.
[MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] [MENTION=20789]Werebudgie[/MENTION]
I agree with ISFP! I had a suspicion I was an ISFP, but I decided to get other opinions. I do test in that Fi-Se-Ni-Te range. I actually have really strong Se (enough that on cognitive functions tests I test as ESFP, despite being pretty introverted). I have strong enough Ni that I can come off as INFJ and especially INTJ (enough that I tested as INTJ for months).
My Te I wouldn't say as underdeveloped, but as unused. I am capable of using it, especially in times of crisis, but it's not my preference.
My attitude, it is worth noting, can come across as ENTJ. In my introduction post some users pegged me as an ENTJ. I guess it's because I can drift into shadow mode really easily.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My attitude, it is worth noting, can come across as ENTJ. In my introduction post some users pegged me as an ENTJ. I guess it's because I can drift into shadow mode really easily.

Were you always like that, I mean, did you always have the ability to drift into it easily?

anastasiatremaines

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Were you always like that, I mean, did you always have the ability to drift into it easily?

Yes, I would say so, especially when I was younger. I can call upon it and compartmentalize fairly easily now, but I just don't use it as often, and have learned how to use other functions instead. Now that I say this, though, I realized I've only been testing as an Fi Dom in the last year. A year and a half ago I developed depression, and basically lived in Fi

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I would say so, especially when I was younger. I can call upon it and compartmentalize fairly easily now, but I just don't use it as often, and have learned how to use other functions instead. Now that I say this, though, I realized I've only been testing as an Fi Dom in the last year. A year and a half ago I developed depression, and basically lived in Fi

What did you test as before?

anastasiatremaines

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What did you test as before?

When I was younger (when I didn't realize how unhealthy my thinking was) I tested as INTP, and as I got into high school INTJ. When I was at the beginning of my recovery I tested as INFP, and now, as a relatively healthy person, I mostly test as ISxP, ENTx, or INxJ