• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any of this is my MBTI or Enneagram type?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Questionnaire answers:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Don't know which part is MBTI, which part is Enneagram, which part is something else.

If the questionnaire answers aren't revealing enough, feel free to ask more. Thank you.

Also about MBTI preferences: I => I have an inner life, I like to read and I rarely hang out with people. E => I like interaction with the world and don't want to be inside my mind too much.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Skip

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When being in flow.

Examples in no particular order; Getting a hard problem cracked. Meeting a challenge in general. Passing hard exam in my favourite subject with flying colours. Moving fast and precise. Navigating difficult routes. Getting an insight to understand something.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I don't feel inferior.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Instinctual/gut-based decision making, based on pros & cons and obviously based on how I feel instinctively.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Emphasis is on getting it done in whatever way. Too much impatience. Yes to control.

I can be patient too, though, depending where my attention goes. If I recognize this project is going to take X time then I'll be ok with that.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Active interaction with people. Fun activity and competition as well.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Preferred and most effective and most efficient method for me:

I first read up on all the logic of it from start to end. From a book or whatever. At the end of that it all gets put together and I would be an expert in theory at this point but the caveat is I would not be able to remember it well, either for theory or for use. So while reading up on the logic, I will practice it too and that then commits it all to memory, all the logic and how it works. End result, I have a great overview of everything, automatic knowing and understanding of everything, able to manipulate anything at will.

The above process is done methodically in a conscious fashion. There is another method that isn't really a method, it is just me being immersed in the thing in a sense, interacting with it. Over time I will learn it very well without having to consciously think, this is a very natural way for me to gain knowledge and mastery, but I will get impatient as this takes time and so the method I describe above is better. The method I described is also better because it ensures everything is covered.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Most of my day is lived impulsively and thus I am a hopeless procrastinator on certain things. My first thought when getting into action is definitely not organization in general. Yet I must have some organization in my day here and there at least in small doses. I have to have some immediate goals to go for. That makes me feel particularly alive. The rest of the time, I'm just totally self-indulgent without a conscience lol. Definitely gets in the way of being organized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both. The principles checking part can get tiresome but is interesting and rewarding as it's needed for having the whole picture. If it's checking against already existing principles I already have, that's done quick and effortless though. Very automatic really.

Looking for supporting information is easy, doing so comes easily to me, and is usually relevant. Less rewarding process though. Sometimes I can also look at information that doesn't support it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I don't know what the second one means. Honestly. I just am the way I am, I don't analyse it much in this way. I can analyse it in an objective sense only.

I sometimes get very sensitive about the first one in a knee-jerk instinctual reactive fashion. That comes without any thinking and there's a strong effect, I will get into fights over this stuff, wanting to help people who seem to be made fun of and/or seem to be excluded from the group in an unfair way and so on. I have never got the same fair treatment by others so I guess that's why. But other than this, I don't pay attention to groups much.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

For the former question; I do both.

For the latter, again both, but group discussions are usually about me talking to several people "one-on-one" and quickly switching between, this is very stimulating though. Speaking to an audience as one though is something that just feels... superficial, fake? Because I see people as independent beings and independent thinkers. I'm really really not into groupthink.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speak more than words?

My default first instinct is definitely jumping into action. It takes a while for my brain to remember that it may be good to know more.

There have been exceptions from this rule of course. If something is a bigger thing, I can be slow to really get into it, I need to develop a feeling of immersion, a bit of experiencing the thing, before the passion really comes.

I check words for consistency with actions so both count I guess.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends what kind of program they have in mind. Honestly sometimes it's hard to mobilize me if I already got into the groove at home sitting and reading or watching something good or doing whatever else blahblah.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I have an extremely low frustration tolerance. I'm a very impatient type. So you can imagine I get all angry and must act either by fixing the problem (preferred) or if that's not (yet) possible, act it out physically. Got a temper too. Doesn't truly feel like stress, just extra energy.

Under extreme stress I temporarily lose all of my energy. Then I rebound. I can get emotional too.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I don't have a lot of opinions on this one. Nonono, I'm not consistent with this at all.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

It's not like you can only talk about the weather with me.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I forget about doing the dishes yep. My place is a whole mess right now. Sure I notice that mess, it bothers me for a sec and then forget about it quickly. Yeah that's what impulsive procrastinating means.

Also, not naturally paying attention to how other people get impacted by me, in an emotional sense. If I try to pay attention to that too much, it's not done well despite my efforts and it feels like too much going against my natural impulses. Not trying to say that I'm totally self-centered, I just need others to tell me what they like, better than me trying to pay attention all on my own. I'm not a mind reader.

Oh and yes I dislike the reading between the lines sort of BS.

I also don't pay much attention to how a specific situation could be. I don't pay much attention to future and even less to the past. Sometimes I do pay attention to the future but not always, this is both a strength and a disadvantage sometimes.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

Depends which friend or acquaintance you ask. Suppose these perceptions are subjective.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

My days are already all about doing whatever I like.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*bump* :hi:

If this is too little or too much information, just let me know. Thanks.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Am I that hard to type? :D

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram