• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Desperately Seeking TYpe

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah but which ones do you think are least like you?

ENFP because I really don't think I'm a F. And I'm inclined to think I'm an Introvert.

yeghor

XSTJ, XNFJ, ESFP, INTP, XSFJ.

Your enneagram is that of a forceful personality... Based on that you can be an ESTP, ENTJ, ENTP...

ENTJs don't have Fe, which means they cannot notice people's distress and may be overly blunt... coupled with their Te-dom they can say almost anything to anyone without feeling remorse or recognizing\registering that they are causing distress to others...

Their Te-dom function (which is tied to their ego) means that their self-worth is very heavily dependent on external feedback of others about the usefulness of their ideas and skills... Te gives them an ability to articulate their thoughs in a coherent manner on the go...

They may have a silly INTP inner persona that comes out when they feel safe enough to make themselves vulnerable to others...

They may be extremely utilitarian, measuring people's worth based on their skills and intelligence...

What causes you most stress? Do you have an ultimate fantasy/goal in life that you dream about accomplishing...one that gives you some kind of a "high" feeling (ego boost, feeling invincible etc) when you think about accomplishing it?

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your enneagram is that of a forceful personality... Based on that you can be an ESTP, ENTJ, ENTP...

ENTJs don't have Fe, which means they cannot notice people's distress and may be overly blunt... coupled with their Te-dom they can say almost anything to anyone without feeling remorse or recognizing\registering that they are causing distress to others...

But don't forget I'm an Ennegram 8w7, that's my temperament but not necessarily my personality.

That doesn't sound like me at all. I mean, I am brutally honest but I do notice if the person is hurt and it totally bothers me.

Their Te-dom function (which is tied to their ego) means that their self-worth is very heavily dependent on external feedback of others about the usefulness of their ideas and skills... Te gives them an ability to articulate their thoughs in a coherent manner on the go...

They may have a silly INTP inner persona that comes out when they feel safe enough to make themselves vulnerable to others...

That's more like it but I wouldn't say I'm heavily concerned with others appreciation of my ideas, it's enough to me to know I'm right.

They may be extremely utilitarian, measuring people's worth based on their skills and intelligence...

I actually value people's sensitivity and generosity first. To me the most important question is: "Is x nice?" But yeah, intelligence would come in third, after how nice and fun the person is.

What causes you most stress? Do you have an ultimate fantasy/goal in life that you dream about accomplishing...one that gives you some kind of a "high" feeling (ego boost, feeling invincible etc) when you think about accomplishing it?

The unexpected. I hate surprises. And when I fail when I know I could have been perfect.

My ultimate goal is to be a worldwide popstar. I literally roll on the groud laughing when I think of people's reaction if they ever knew that. I'm sure no one has seen that coming :D.

BTW, do you think the SLOAN test has any real correlation to MBTI? I just took one and is scarilly accurate.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Double post.

Alea_iacta_est

IxTP, possibly xNTP (ENTPs can act fairly introverted), as I've stated before with a definite emphasis on xxTP.

Ne types in general often identify with several different personality types due to the fact that they can look at things from different perspectives.

External perspective elucidated in one of your question buttresses T preference, F is probably tertiary or inferior.

Tell me, [MENTION=21109]Look Alive_Sunshine[/MENTION], do you prefer to only attempt new things if you are completely confident in your ability to succeed in them, or do you prefer to always attempt new things and work at it and practice enough until you can build up your skill in said ability?

yeghor

But don't forget I'm an Ennegram 8w7, that's my temperament but not necessarily my personality.

It is possible to correlate enneagram and mbti...your personality and mbti is the one that you predominantly use to interact with the world...

That doesn't sound like me at all. I mean, I am brutally honest but I do notice if the person is hurt and it totally bothers me.

Why and when (for whom) does it bother you...?

That's more like it but I wouldn't say I'm heavily concerned with others appreciation of my ideas, it's enough to me to know I'm right.

This may be Ti...some other introverted function...

I actually value people's sensitivity and generosity first. To me the most important question is: "Is x nice?" But yeah, intelligence would come in third, after how nice and fun the person is.

What does nice and fun in a person mean to you? And why is it (the other person being nice) important to you?

The unexpected. I hate surprises. And when I fail when I know I could have been perfect.

So you cannot deal with being spontaneous? But you said this earlier:

I’m probably the best person to have around in emergency situations because I instinctively know what to do and keep a cool head, but in normal situations I’m not so hasty. I’m smart girl, I always have a chat with the abysm before jumping in.

My ultimate goal is to be a worldwide popstar. I literally roll on the groud laughing when I think of people's reaction if they ever knew that. I'm sure no one has seen that coming :D.

What part of being a popstar appeal to you?

BTW, do you think the SLOAN test has any real correlation to MBTI? I just took one and is scarilly accurate.

No idea...

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IxTP, possibly xNTP (ENTPs can act fairly introverted), as I've stated before with a definite emphasis on xxTP.

Ne types in general often identify with several different personality types due to the fact that they can look at things from different perspectives.

External perspective elucidated in one of your question buttresses T preference, F is probably tertiary or inferior.

Tell me, [MENTION=21109]Look Alive_Sunshine[/MENTION], do you prefer to only attempt new things if you are completely confident in your ability to succeed in them, or do you prefer to always attempt new things and work at it and practice enough until you can build up your skill in said ability?

It depends on how much invested in the idea I am. I'd totally try something new and untested if I felt crazy about it, but otherwise I wouldn't touch it. I have to say this, though: I wouldn't let anybody see me doing it/practicing it untill I thought I was at least very good at it.

Alea_iacta_est

It depends on how much invested in the idea I am. I'd totally try something new and untested if I felt crazy about it, but otherwise I wouldn't touch it. I have to say this, though: I wouldn't let anybody see me doing it/practicing it untill I thought I was at least very good at it.

While there isn't any empirical basis for this assessment, that particular attitude to activities aligns best with the NT temperament, which prefers to only do things they know they are good at (emphasis on competence) so as to not radiate incompetence to others.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is possible to correlate enneagram and mbti...your personality and mbti is the one that you predominantly use to interact with the world...

Possible, not trustable.

Enneagram is about motivation, not behavior.

Why and when (for whom) does it bother you...?

Unless it's someone who deserves to have some truths told to and is mean themselves, everytime. I don't like hurting others.

This may be Ti...some other introverted function...
Probably.

What does nice and fun in a person mean to you? And why is it (the other person being nice) important to you?
Being nice means caring about other people's feelings and being cooperative. As long as the person doesn't bore me I see them as fun, they don't have to be extroverted or fun in other people's eyes.

So you cannot deal with being spontaneous? But you said this earlier:

I don't see the relation? In times of emergency I have to step up, it's a survival skill. On a daily basis, I don't.

What part of being a popstar appeal to you?

Everything? But mainly the opportunity for a big audience to perform to and the power fame gives to have your message heard.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While there isn't any empirical basis for this assessment, that particular attitude to activities aligns best with the NT temperament, which prefers to only do things they know they are good at (emphasis on competence) so as to not radiate incompetence to others.

I find incompetence humiliating. If you're not good at something, don't do it. At least not until you're ready. I feel embarrassed for others when they suck at what they do, and mad at them for making me feel that way.

á´…eparted

passages
So, I hesitate saying this, because I feel like I am the only person that has this opinion, but I think I at least have to share it. If others see this as completely messed up and wrong, then tare it to ribbons and I'll drop it :D.

I see you as an Fe dom.

Maybe Te dom, but Fe dom stands out the strongest. You strike me as very Je. I can't see you an introvert. I honestly don't know how or why others are seeing you as a Pe dominant. You seem to be very "orderly". The way you present yourself is as someone who creates structure and frameworks to function under. There's a lot of certainty about you. Not so much with explicity declarative examples, but overall you have a very "this is how things are" vibe, and a lot of it is external. This is very Je. I actually relate quite a great deal to what you have written (some I word for word identify with). With myself, appear more like Te, and I'd argue that it's the first impression people get of me a lot of the time. First impression doesn't make it correct though. When I take MBTI tests, I almost always get ExTJ. The thing with Fe, it's not this fluffy pile of love. It's very concerned with external order, it just does it in a subjective manner. You seem very ok with doing that. Te is much more objective and very very separated from the self. If something can't be removed of objectivity then it doesn't want to touch it. You seem to apply a lot of "quality" to your decisions. The fact that you're an 8w7 sx/so will also make Fe appear much more gruff. Some might claim that Fe-8 is not possible. It absolutely is. It's not nearly as rare as the Te-2 conundrum.

You do seem very "at peace" though, and that is likely from a strong influence from your tertiary function (whether that is Ne or Se I am not sure). Despite the certainty and directiveness you put across, you're ok with it not always being there. Ultimately what seems to matter more is the end goal. How that's achieved is sort of irrelevant is the impression I get.

Really, I think you might be ENFJ, possibly ESFJ. Again, no one has suggested this so far so I am hesitant to give it, but nevertheless it stood out to me enough that I had to go with it.

Alea_iacta_est

I find incompetence humiliating. If you're not good at something, don't do it. At least not until you're ready. I feel embarrassed for others when they suck at what they do, and mad at them for making me feel that way.

Yeah, that's essentially the essence of the NT attitude. (EDIT: excepting the embarrassment for others, I skimmed over that without reading it, possibly indicating Fe valuing and if we are to stay with the NT temperament, then the picture might become clearer soon)

Methinks questions like these might be helpful in pinpointing your type, so let us narrow down the field further. When confronted with emerging information, do you trust your perception of the information and your immediate reaction to it or do you trust your understanding and reasoning of the situation? Or, to put it more succinctly, do you readily accept new information and then later judge its veracity or do you immediately judge the new information to see if it lines up with your understandings?

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, I hesitate saying this, because I feel like I am the only person that has this opinion, but I think I at least have to share it. If others see this as completely messed up and wrong, then tare it to ribbons and I'll drop it :D.

I see you as an Fe dom.

Maybe Te dom, but Fe dom stands out the strongest. You strike me as very Je. I can't see you an introvert. I honestly don't know how or why others are seeing you as a Pe dominant. You seem to be very "orderly". The way you present yourself is as someone who creates structure and frameworks to function under. There's a lot of certainty about you. Not so much with explicity declarative examples, but overall you have a very "this is how things are" vibe, and a lot of it is external. This is very Je. I actually relate quite a great deal to what you have written (some I word for word identify with). With myself, appear more like Te, and I'd argue that it's the first impression people get of me a lot of the time. First impression doesn't make it correct though. When I take MBTI tests, I almost always get ExTJ. The thing with Fe, it's not this fluffy pile of love. It's very concerned with external order, it just does it in a subjective manner. You seem very ok with doing that. Te is much more objective and very very separated from the self. If something can't be removed of objectivity then it doesn't want to touch it. You seem to apply a lot of "quality" to your decisions. The fact that you're an 8w7 sx/so will also make Fe appear much more gruff. Some might claim that Fe-8 is not possible. It absolutely is. It's not nearly as rare as the Te-2 conundrum.

You do seem very "at peace" though, and that is likely from a strong influence from your tertiary function (whether that is Ne or Se I am not sure). Despite the certainty and directiveness you put across, you're ok with it not always being there. Ultimately what seems to matter more is the end goal. How that's achieved is sort of irrelevant is the impression I get.

Really, I think you might be ENFJ, possibly ESFJ. Again, no one has suggested this so far so I am hesitant to give it, but nevertheless it stood out to me enough that I had to go with it.

Never have considered this possibility. I am quite shocked because as you said, no one has offered this opinion either. I always thought my Fe wasn't very good, at least compared to other people because I'm not driven to please others.

This is the only thing I can instantly disagree with. I'm hardly ever "at peace". In fact, my search for MBTI type is so I can understand myself better and hopefully achieve peace.

á´…eparted

passages
Never have considered this possibility. I am quite shocked because as you said, no one has offered this opinion either. I always thought my Fe wasn't very good, at least compared to other people because I'm not driven to please others.

This is the only thing I can instantly disagree with. I'm hardly ever "at peace". In fact, my search for MBTI type is so I can understand myself better and hopefully achieve peace.

This is part of the reason I want to consider this possibillity. I am an Fe dom, and I am not driven to please others for the sake of. I do care about their being social harmony. In the sense that I want people to be working well together, there to be minimal fighting and whatnot. Why? Because this is efficient. Having discord creates problems. I don't really go out of my way to create harmony unless I am forced to. It sort of just happens on its own. I don't have to think much about it. Mind you that's influenced a bit by my Ni to why it "just happens". As I said, Fe isn't a fluffy giving bunny, and if you're an 8 then it absolutely isn't going to do that. You expect others to pull their own weight. 8 can also color things to look very Te, and it very well could be influencing this if you are in fact Fe-dom (again, I want to see what others think before I lock onto it for good).

When I say "at peace", I more meant you're able to let go of things when the time comes for it. You definitely have a great deal of intensity and drive, but I don't see you as locking onto it for the sake of locking onto it like a lot of 8's tend to do.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's essentially the essence of the NT attitude. (EDIT: excepting the embarrassment for others, I skimmed over that without reading it, possibly indicating Fe valuing and if we are to stay with the NT temperament, then the picture might become clearer soon)

Methinks questions like these might be helpful in pinpointing your type, so let us narrow down the field further. When confronted with emerging information, do you trust your perception of the information and your immediate reaction to it or do you trust your understanding and reasoning of the situation? Or, to put it more succinctly, do you readily accept new information and then later judge its veracity or do you immediately judge the new information to see if it lines up with your understandings?

This is hard so let me think...

Ok, I think I get it: If I have a very strong prior opinion about it and the new information aligns with it, I usually trust the news at first. Probably because I tend to think I'm right.

But since I'm always researching and analizing (I go over the thing in my head a million times and try to entertain all possibilities), it's perfectly possible that I radically change my mind about the subject. And I have no qualms with that, it seems to drive people crazy though.

When it's something that goes against what I think, that's when I think really hard on it on the spot.

yeghor

Possible, not trustable.

Enneagram is about motivation, not behavior.

You speak with too much conviction...That's Ti-dom...If you can detach from your ideas, you'll be less sensitive about them being rejected by others and will be more receptive to other people's ideas and thoughts...

There's some cockiness and haughtiness in your manners...that's Se-aux... (Why were you irritated by people offering typings in your earlier post by the way?)

Being nice means caring about other people's feelings and being cooperative. As long as the person doesn't bore me I see them as fun

Please, make sure to apply these criteria to yourself as well...

I don't see the relation? In times of emergency I have to step up, it's a survival skill. On a daily basis, I don't.

I think you already have... So you would prefer preparedness to spontaneity but would act spontaneously if need be... That's Ti-Se...

Everything? But mainly the opportunity for a big audience to perform to and the power fame gives to have your message heard.

This I cannot make sense of... Assuming that your persona that you use to interact with the world is ISTP (Ti-Se), my personal theory would suggest that your desired (inner) self would be an ESTJ...like a military commander...there's not correlation between it and a popstar...

Thank you for the info you provided... My "guess" is ISTP... Your enneagram typing doesn't align with this MBTI type though I guess...

Alea_iacta_est

This is hard so let me think...

Ok, I think I get it: If I have a very strong prior opinion about it and the new information aligns with it, I usually trust the news at first. Probably because I tend to think I'm right.

But since I'm always researching and analizing (I go over the thing in my head a million times and try to entertain all possibilities), it's perfectly possible that I radically change my mind about the subject. And I have no qualms with that, it seems to drive people crazy though.

When it's something that goes against what I think, that's when I think really hard on it on the spot.

I put forth ENTP (Ne - Ti - Fe - Si).

Entertaining multiple possibilities is the foundation of extroverted intuition. The fact that you are presenting multiple fronts to your own understanding of whether or not you are an irrational/rational type (the question that I just asked you) details your ability to see things in different perspectives while preserving the sanctity of both paths.

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]'s Fe argument arises out of the ENTP's tertiary function, Fe, which in the ENTP refines Ne (Dominant-Tertiary interactions) and represents your "inner child" (Beebe Model of the 8 Functions Archetypes).

Also, while people associate Enneagram 8 with extroverted thinking and extroverted sensing, the traditional Enneagram 8 was associated with extroverted intuition (I think Naranjo detailed this?).