• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Desperately Seeking TYpe

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. Ne-valuing types would perceive the world by everything that is possible (accounting for everything). Ni-valuing types, in contrast, would perceive the world in what is feasible, or probable (zeroing in on the most efficient path). Both Ni and Ne leads would be adept at perceiving the world through both lenses, but they default to their specific one.

Hmm alright. I do rely quite a lot on perceiving probabilities. It feels so natural. Otoh I don't care to look at possibilities. Trying to brainstorm about them doesn't feel so natural. E.g. When I need to solve a problem, I simply want to find the solution and I couldn't give two shits about generating other possibilities. I either see the solution right away or I don't. In the latter case, yes I will have to figure it out somehow sooner or later but that process certainly doesn't involve looking for irrelevant possibilities.

It seems to me OP is more leaning towards Ni over Ne with this, as well.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting, I can't discern what attitude of intuition is preferred (Ni or Ne).

One final attempt:

Do you see the relationships between objects in the external world, how several objects work together, as a combined unit, and perceive things sort of analogically, predominately,

or

Do you see the dynamic possibilities of where an object might have came from, where it might be going, and what the most basic component is of the object?

Apologies for the somewhat vague questions I have been positing, I can't seem to produce specific examples right now.

EDIT: Just synthesized a potentially promising question, so if you wouldn't mind, could you answer it?

Do you perceive the world in terms of probabilities, or possibilities?

DO you mean if I perceive things in terms of resemblence?

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just lucky to get the time of day from an 8w7.

Anytime, I love your avatar.

By the way, "Mal" doesn't mean "bad."

You mean it doesn't stand for "bad", because that's the actual meaning of the word in Portuguese. Funny you'd point it out :)

Not so much. It's easier for us to grasp your mental processes when we see you answer things on the fly. Ne for example is often quite obvious in the flesh.

Edit: Oh I guess that depends on what you mean by 'visual identification'. If you're asking me if I'm looking for an Ni glass stare or something (which is what I initially assumed), then no.

If I did a video there would probably be a lot of silence and babbling between answers because this last ones were pretty hard for me to decide on.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm alright. I do rely quite a lot on perceiving probabilities. It feels so natural. Otoh I don't care to look at possibilities. Trying to brainstorm about them doesn't feel so natural. E.g. When I need to solve a problem, I simply want to find the solution and I couldn't give two shits about generating other possibilities. I either see the solution right away or I don't. In the latter case, yes I will have to figure it out somehow sooner or later but that process certainly doesn't involve looking for irrelevant possibilities.

It seems to me OP is more leaning towards Ni over Ne with this, as well.

Yes, thats' exactly how it is for me, specially the "irrelevant" part.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
If I did a video there would probably be a lot of silence and babbling between answers because this last ones were pretty hard for me to decide on.

Yeah, going with all your responses, I'm sticking with XNTJ. Strong Ne users can smell each other from a mile away. That's just not the vibe I'm picking up from you. Granted, it's just a forum, but even your answer above confirms this for me. We tend to be pretty comfortable on the spot.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, going with all your responses, I'm sticking with XNTJ. Strong Ne users can smell each other from a mile away. That's just not the vibe I'm picking up from you. Granted, it's just a forum, but even your answer above confirms this for me. We tend to be pretty comfortable on the spot.

That gives me goosebumps. I like the "picking up a vibe" bit, do you trust these things?

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
That gives me goosebumps. I like the "picking up a vibe" bit, do you trust these things?

Not completely of course. At the end of the day, the best I can do is to look at the posts you have provided and try to tie those with functions. It's not the perfect method, but then again, there's no such thing. Inference to the best explanation.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting, I can't discern what attitude of intuition is preferred (Ni or Ne).

One final attempt:

Do you see the relationships between objects in the external world, how several objects work together, as a combined unit, and perceive things sort of analogically, predominately,

or

Do you see the dynamic possibilities of where an object might have came from, where it might be going, and what the most basic component is of the object?

Apologies for the somewhat vague questions I have been positing, I can't seem to produce specific examples right now.

EDIT: Just synthesized a potentially promising question, so if you wouldn't mind, could you answer it?

Do you perceive the world in terms of probabilities, or possibilities?

I think I got it now:

1) The second option.

2) Probabilities.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I want to thank [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION], [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION], [MENTION=21198]infinity-[/MENTION], [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4894]animenagai[/MENTION] for taking their time to try and figure this out.

Turns out I'm not an 8w7 after all, it's funny in the light of the Enneagram/MBTI correspondence talk :doh:

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I want to thank [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION], [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION], [MENTION=21198]infinity-[/MENTION], [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4894]animenagai[/MENTION] for taking their time to try and figure this out.

Turns out I'm not an 8w7 after all, it's funny in the light of the Enneagram/MBTI correspondence talk :doh:
I mistyped at 8 for the better part of a year and posted all over the forums. I feel bad for misleading people but obviously it wasnt intentional. Mistyping is part of the journey =)

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mistyped at 8 for the better part of a year and posted all over the forums. I feel bad for misleading people but obviously it wasnt intentional. Mistyping is part of the journey =)

Yeah I feel bad for beeing so sure of my Enneatype in the OP and other posts, I think it confused some of them.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What's your enneagram then?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, I hesitate saying this, because I feel like I am the only person that has this opinion, but I think I at least have to share it. If others see this as completely messed up and wrong, then tare it to ribbons and I'll drop it :D.

I see you as an Fe dom.

Maybe Te dom, but Fe dom stands out the strongest. You strike me as very Je. I can't see you an introvert. I honestly don't know how or why others are seeing you as a Pe dominant. You seem to be very "orderly". The way you present yourself is as someone who creates structure and frameworks to function under. There's a lot of certainty about you. Not so much with explicity declarative examples, but overall you have a very "this is how things are" vibe, and a lot of it is external. This is very Je. I actually relate quite a great deal to what you have written (some I word for word identify with). With myself, appear more like Te, and I'd argue that it's the first impression people get of me a lot of the time. First impression doesn't make it correct though. When I take MBTI tests, I almost always get ExTJ. The thing with Fe, it's not this fluffy pile of love. It's very concerned with external order, it just does it in a subjective manner. You seem very ok with doing that. Te is much more objective and very very separated from the self. If something can't be removed of objectivity then it doesn't want to touch it. You seem to apply a lot of "quality" to your decisions. The fact that you're an 8w7 sx/so will also make Fe appear much more gruff. Some might claim that Fe-8 is not possible. It absolutely is. It's not nearly as rare as the Te-2 conundrum.

You do seem very "at peace" though, and that is likely from a strong influence from your tertiary function (whether that is Ne or Se I am not sure). Despite the certainty and directiveness you put across, you're ok with it not always being there. Ultimately what seems to matter more is the end goal. How that's achieved is sort of irrelevant is the impression I get.

Really, I think you might be ENFJ, possibly ESFJ. Again, no one has suggested this so far so I am hesitant to give it, but nevertheless it stood out to me enough that I had to go with it.

I'm 2nd'ing this. :bye:

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see IXXJ for you at the least.