• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)

Jen's True Type

• Total voters

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
no offense colmena and your vote is appreciated but you're (trying to put this delicately) not qualified to type me. This means nothing as I'm sure you're a lovely person but like Nocapsize it's just not going to be accurate. You haven't known me long enough and we've only interacted a handful of times. All that being said go forth and vote!

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
No offense taken.

It's just how you come across online. And even if you are quite different in real life, all the posts online must be somewhat telling.

Even if you do require quiet (recharge) time, I think your extroverted sensing and feeling are big trumps.

So although I may not know you (I don't profess to), I think I can give an objective response.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Are there any ESFJ's on here? The ones I know irl think spending a lot of time online is insane. I've tried getting my ESFP friend to join but she just won't and my RL ESFJ friend is too busy. She is a hoot. Every time we get together I have to prepare myself because she will stop and talk to anyone who will listen. She knows everyone in town and is well liked but wears me the hell out. When I get home from our 2-3 hour visits i have to take a nap. Sometimes I feel like telling her to stfu and give it a rest but she's so nice and it would break her heart.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, if someone wasn't sure about the Fe, that STYLE of response (as well as the appearance of it at all) should have clinched it for them. ;)

More than just Fe, it reinforces my belief in her INFJ type. It's analytical approach toward people's opinions of her. The INTJ mind is a natural scientist analysing data until a coherent conclusion emerges. The INFJ mind is similar, but it uses human interactions as the data points. In this case an INFJ would look at everyone's opinion until some type of insight emerges that makes sense of it all.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^ d00d knows, k?

Pure_merc is an ESFJ, and I find him to be an impressive young man.
Pmerc and I haven't spoken much on the forum at all but we do share similar taste in music.

Here is the list off the top of my head of people that I've bonded with.

Cafe- INFJ
Ivy- INFP
Jennifer- INTP
Rajah- INTP
proteanmix- ENFJ
PinkPirahna- ENFJ
MetalWounds- INTJ
Night- INTJ
Faith- INFJ
Eileen- INFJ
*still thinking* more to come

I tried but wearing the ESFJ label is like wearing pants that expose ct. it's icky and i just can't do it.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Please.

ESFJ you aren't.

End of story.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
All kidding aside I wanted people who felt they knew me well to type me, they did and I thank them. :)

Here's the breakdown:

INFJ-

captainchick- supportive of me always. never had any probs with her myself. i could be wrong but i think she's too busy irl to really observe my type but i do appreciate her vote.
Eileen- Has met me and while I thought she hadn't given me the time of day she was paying a lot closer attention that I thought. I trust and value her opinion.
entropie- I don't know well at all, but thanks for the vote of NF confidence.
Falcarius- A loving dinosaur, thanks for your vote.
Haight- Owns this forum and would know.
Lethe- lurks a lot and seems to know what she's talking about.
MetalWounds- I trust and value his opinion.
mondo- have no idea who he/she is but thanks much for your vote
scantilyclad- I trust and value her opinion.
LiquidLaser- Like my husband he is married to an INFJ. I trust and value his opinion. His posts are detailed and full of useful information. Like Limey and myself, he probably keeps his wife grounded otherwise her mind (like mine) might take flight way up high in the clouds.
Jennifer - Brilliant and Beautiful as always.

INTJ-
Night- I can see why you'd choose that as Limey is the more dominant type between the two of us and his way of thinking has rubbed off on my. He also shoves logic in my face at every opportunity. ;P

ESFJ-

I can certainly see why those who voted ESFJ would do so. That being said those who voted ESFJ have only interacted with me in passing so they couldn't possibly know the real me as they haven't gone that deep. They only see surface Jen. All the same thank you very much for your votes.

ENFJ-
AvereX- Does not know me well enough to type me accurately but I thank you for your vote. :)
DeliriousDisposition- I haven't interacted much with DD but value her opinion
file cabinet- this man sees more than people realize.
Ivy-I value and respect Ivy's opinion and can definetely see why she thinks I'm extroverted. I find it very easy to be extroverted around highly introverted people.
Jae Rae- JaeRae pays attention and I value her opinion.
Lurker- Lurker I hear is very quiet and introverted so I must appear scary and loud to her. ;)
proteanmix- A woman a lot like myself. I respect and value pm's opinion.
Rajah- and intro/extrovert like myself. i value her opinion.

I'll Fe all over all of you. Just try me!

Geoff, you must like me to compare me to your sister. :blush:

This isn't about whether I like you, why would that be relevant? All 16 types are equally wonderful. Trust me. You did respond as an ESFJ, to me. You created a hierarchical response, Fe led, and there was a big focus on how people "believe" in you.

I'm sorry you'll see this as a criticism, it isn't!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I didn't take your response as criticism and the reason being is because I don't think you're good at judging people's personalities online. It's just not your forte.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Please.

ESFJ you aren't.

End of story.

Stop manipulating P. Stories should never end.

goldenshowers.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This isn't about whether I like you, why would that be relevant? All 16 types are equally wonderful. Trust me. You did respond as an ESFJ, to me. You created a hierarchical response, Fe led, and there was a big focus on how people "believe" in you.

I wouldn't say a "criticism," it's probably just frustrating to feel like a few people only see part of you and for whatever reason can't see the rest.

Hmmm.
1. Are there types who aren't really offended if they feel mistyped (versus others more prone to be annoyed), or is it truly just a personal reaction?
2. If someone else you know whom you think is an ESFJ was posting this thread... would it have looked different at all than Jen's responses?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
:rofl1: This thread is awesome. We need a subforum for excellent threads.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You know what's totally annoying? You starting a thread asking people what your type is, praising all the people who choose the type you want for yourself, and then arguing that all the people who didn't choose your desired type don't know you, or haven't gone deep enough, or some other excuse for why their opinion isn't valid. Gimme a break. This is about something else entirely, which everyone else has already pointed out, namely, that you equate "sensor" with "vacant" and want to prove to everyone that you're not either of them. I think the purpose of this thread, like a majority of the threads you start, is about validating you. That's why I'm sticking with ESFJ.

Edit: I should clarify. The annoying thing isn't you starting a thread like this or wanting to let people know that you're contemplative. The annoying thing is the way it's disguised.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know what's totally annoying? You starting a thread asking people what your type is, praising all the people who choose the type you want for yourself, and then arguing that all the people who didn't choose your desired type don't know you, or haven't gone deep enough, or some other excuse for why their opinion isn't valid. Gimme a break. This is about something else entirely, which everyone else has already pointed out, namely, that you equate "sensor" with "vacant" and want to prove to everyone that you're not either of them. I think the purpose of this thread, like a majority of the threads you start, is about validating you. That's why I'm sticking with ESFJ.

wt....?

Nice opening, I could dance to it.
Could even agree with some of it.

But the conclusion (i.e., the type read tacked on the end) is illogical.

(And also is a bit insulting to ESFJs, to be honest, although I suppose that wasn't your point.)

Edit: I should clarify. The annoying thing isn't you starting a thread like this or wanting to let people know that you're contemplative. The annoying thing is the way it's disguised.

Ah, there it is. :)
Cool beans, ignore my other comment.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I think the purpose of this thread, like a majority of the threads you start, is about validating you. That's why I'm sticking with ESFJ.
You're goddamned right it's all about me but you're also terrible at typing people. You don't have a clue where I'm coming from.

thanks for you for your vote.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
But the conclusion (i.e., the type read tacked on the end) is illogical.

Lets see.

I SAID: Jen has a strong need for validation, and this thread is just but one example.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ.html:
SAID, about ESFJs:

"ESFJs are warm and energetic. They need approval from others to feel good about themselves...They're very sensitive to others, and freely give practical care. ESFJs are such caring individuals, that they sometimes have a hard time seeing or accepting a difficult truth about someone they care about...They have a strong need to be liked, and to be in control. They are extremely good at reading others, and often change their own manner to be more pleasing to whoever they're with at the moment."

ERGO: Jen has strong ESFJ qualities, enough to convince me that ESFJ is a good fit for her. I happen to think all of those qualities match her personality, but I based my illogical conclusion on the emboldened part only.

You're goddamned right it's all about me but you're also terrible at typing people. You don't have a clue where I'm coming from.

This is the BS I'm talking about. I don't type you the way you want, so you charge me with being terrible at typing people. Meh. Whatever.