• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)

Jen's True Type

• Total voters

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
We're just having a nerd-off. (TO THE DEATH!)

And for the record the only reason I know the grammar rules is because of editing middle school books. I never actually learned it, just went by feel. :)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Edahn and Dana should hook up. Two peas in a pod.

As far as being liked, I don't actual think I am very well liked on here by many and it doesn't bother me (really). The people who do like me know who they are as I feel the same way about them.

I think there are aspects in all of us of other types at least for those of us who are active in the real world. I see some SJ in you Rajah from time to time but that is likely because of your stink as an attorney. You're not doing that anymore, right?

I do agree that I am not a stereotypical INFJ and honestly am confused about who I am some of the time. If you're all being honest with yourselves then you feel confused about who you really are sometimes as well.

I'm an only child and grew up with a lot of attention and while I'm more laid back about it at the age of 39 I still like occasionally being the center of attention. Old habits die hard.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there are aspects in all of us of other types at least for those of us who are active in the real world. I see some SJ in you Rajah from time to time but that is likely because of your stink as an attorney.
Ah crap, so I appear SJ at times too??? I even married one!

Who is in... law school!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I love chaos. Let the thread fly into uncharted territories! wheeee!

we can clean up later.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I really enjoyed the phrase "your stink as an attorney." :D

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I really enjoyed the phrase "your stink as an attorney." :D
Grrr. ;)

Frankly, who ever acts as a prototypical INTP all the time? Or a total INFJ?

Just cause you're an ENFJ (grin) doesn't mean you can't ever display S or T or P characteristics. And yes, you can be an ENFJ who needs to get away from people, or even one who's not particularly fond of people. Nobody wants 24-hour-a-day interaction.

I do find it telling, though, that I offered a critique, and you responded by essentially saying, "Yeah? Well, you look like an SJ! Take that!" I've been called every type under the sun, so I don't take offense to being called (at times!) an SJ. But it seems a little odd to me that you're reacting fairly strongly to the mildest form of critique - commentary you specifically invited.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter one whit whether we type you ESFJ, ENFJ, INFJ or QXBL. You're Jen, with uniquely Jen characteristics. You're funny Jen, and moody Jen, and happy Jen, and reactive Jen, and loving Jen, and lots of other things. How someone labels you isn't nearly as interesting as learning how they perceive you.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter one whit whether we type you ESFJ, ENFJ, INFJ or QXBL. You're Jen, with uniquely Jen characteristics. You're funny Jen, and moody Jen, and happy Jen, and reactive Jen, and loving Jen, and lots of other things. How someone labels you isn't nearly as interesting as learning how they perceive you.

You're such an NF.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I do find it telling, though, that I offered a critique, and you responded by essentially saying, "Yeah? Well, you look like an SJ! Take that!" I've been called every type under the sun, so I don't take offense to being called (at times!) an SJ. But it seems a little odd to me that you're reacting fairly strongly to the mildest form of critique - commentary you specifically invited.
no no no no that's not at all the way I intended for that to mean. It was me saying that we all exhibit behavior of other "types" now and then. I was in fact agreeing with you.

Agreed and I pmed someone a while ago and said the same thing, only not as eloquently as you just did.

This isn't mean to come off as a snog fest but I respect your opinion on what type you think may or may not be. I am not always right. If someone would have asked me 10 months ago if I would wind up liking Rajah I'd have told them to go fuck themselves. Now I haven't met you in person yet but I feel quite confident that we'd get on rather well.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Edahn you do react a lot and while sometimes you appear human and likable, other times you are like a spoiled brat looking to get a rise out of people.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
more NF than NT mixed with 80% A sounds about right to me. :)