• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)

Jen's True Type

• Total voters

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
My point is that you don't really know these people are sensors. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy because you've equated "dull, vacant, unbearable" with sensor, but believe me, dull and vacant intuitives exist. They're just dull and vacant in a dreamy, flighty, disconnected direction instead of in a grounded, heavy direction. Interesting sensors are interesting in a concrete, hands-on direction; interesting intuitives are interesting in a taking flight, skimming the trees direction. I mean, just on this forum there are bunches of sensors who aren't dull, vacant, or unbearable, not to mention plenty of intuitives who are. ;)

And I'm not averse to being typed ISFJ--I know some wonderful ones and I wouldn't mind being in their company at all. I just don't think it fits me anymore; when I typed as ISFJ, I was not my healthiest self.
blahblahblah... ;) :hug:

Oh and I'd like to be retyped SDAS thanks!

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
...your particular brand of Fe strikes me as very tangible and (I mean well if that's any consolation) somewhat shallow. It seems to me you seek to bond over trivialities...:

What's your (real) first name? <-- Personally I couldn't care less what people's real names are (except that I take a name exchange via PMs as a signal of increased intimacy).
Post a picture of your feet <-- :huh:
What's your favorite soda? <-- :huh:
Preferred cuisines <-- :huh:

... and also that you do your best to reinforce a high school-like element of cliquishness:

MBTIc Awards Banquet
Proteanmix vs. Uberfuhrer

... which no INFJ I know did when they were in high school.

However, if you were really as tangibly oriented as you appear to be, I don't think you'd be posting here so much, and also as I looked up your threads I did find some more abstract OPs of yours. So I could buy that you're an INFJ. Whatever your type, I have a guess at your motivation for seeking to bond in these ways, namely your low self-esteem...:

Why do I always

... which could be making you simultaneously hungry for affirmation and terrified of letting anyone get to know the real you, thus leading you to interact with others in safe ways that dumb you down (IMO) rather than risk getting rejected for who you really are. Have you considered getting therapy? (I mean well, damnit! :doh:)

* Writing this made me wonder about the INTJ Ni-Fi parallel to the INFJ's Ni-Ti airy philosophizing - I'd be grateful if someone could identify it for me.

Hi Eco! We're about to have some psychoanalyzing fun!!:party2:

OK, so while I do understand this interpretation on what type of threads Jen starts I began to see what other purpose they serve when we were having server problems.

I was a little concerned that the forum was going to lose momentum in that there would be a bunch of new members posting but no one knowing each other, that the forum would have to go through another "getting to know you" phase. We lost a good number of quality contributors between December 2007 and up until the server problems were fixed. I thought that Jen's earlier threads (as fluffy as they were and I don't know if she did this intentionally or not) had a purpose in that gave people an opportunity to joke and play with each other. Some people think that the surest way to get to know the "real" of a another is by going straight to the Big Five (Sex/Sexuality, Politics, Religion, Race, Gender) but I've found that it's very easy to use those topics as cover up and obfuscate who a person is.

Most of the communication literature that I've read and my own experiences says that you can get a more accurate read on people in their natural state, when they're relaxed and their guards or down. For example, I thought the Super Hawt Female Thread was an absolutely EXCELLENT way of getting information from people in a seemingly innocuous playful thread. The Big Five tend to put people on the defensive and catalyze opinions to one end or the other and that is not natural unless you're a porcupine. I do think they have their place and are quite telling, but I prefer not to go that route and it seems to me that Jen prefers that as well. Which is why I've over the past few months come to see that her "trivial" threads aren't really all that trivial. I mean sometimes I'm like wow Jen new lows (I joke!! :D), but damn when I think about the conversations I have with people they're not much more "intellectual." I have serious conversations but they tend to be with people I know well and feel comfortable with unless my specific purpose in being there is to have a serious and intellectual conversation. I think there's a treasure trove of information to be gleaned from the Jen's threads in how people respond to them. If someone is all serious and never wants to participate in what some people believe to be superfluous conversation and everything needs to be deep, meaningful, and intellectual I think a person is telling a lot about themselves and how far the stick extends up their ass. And I've met people like that (surprise they tend to be Intuitives!!)

So yeah, I do and I don't agree with you about the purpose of Jen's threads. She definitely serves a very useful role on the forum.

And Jen: Seeing how you operate as the Black Team Captain, you seem pretty at ease organizing and mobilizing your team mates. Not to diss any of the other teams, but that kind of ease into slipping into the leadership position isn't as obvious with other team captains.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'd also like to add that I've witnessed NT's flip out worse than NF's on this forum and at INTPc. Several of the NT's have expressed hissy fit, whiny, bratty baby like behavior which I must admit came as a shock to me at the time.

When NTs flip out, it's generally ugly. That's what comes of an SF shadow.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, but here's the ENFJ profile:

Both bolded parts seem a lot to me like Jen.

Jen.

FWIW.

Again I want to say that I don't know a ton about Jen (I fully accept I may be wrong). At the same time all of the things bolded can describe INFJ's too. INFJ and ENFJ are pretty similar, but one of the main differences between E and I is quantity vs. quality. An ENFJ will neglect their own needs to satisfy the needs of those in their large group of friends, while an INFJ will neglect their own needs to satisfy the needs of a smaller core group. I don't really know which describes Jen better, but my hunch is that it's the latter.

What? My ESFJ mother-in-law is insanely family oriented.

Well every individual is different, but overall it's a matter of degree. ExFJ's will value their family, but they also usually socialize more and have a larger group of friends, so that they also spend a fair amount time with outside of their family. An IxFJ on the other hand will prefer to maintain a smaller core group, so they will tend put more time and attention toward their nuclear family.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Geoff if it makes you happy to think of me as an ESFP/J (whatever ;)) then I'm down with that because you've never given me a reason to dislike you. I probably know more about you than you would think because I am a gatherer of information and pics. ;P

See, this type of response is really odd. I assess your type and it ends with a comment as to whether you have cause to dislike me? And some oddity about gathering more information about me than I would think? I find it... strange.

What's going through your mind when you do this? It's classic ESFJ to me (or maybe ESTJ). That desire to stamp some authority on an interpersonal relationship, and make statements about what is "right" which you are barely keeping in check!

It's this that led me to the ESFJ (initially ESFP) the interpersonal stuff, the starting of threads that are very status oriented (awards etc)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
See, this type of response is really odd. I assess your type and it ends with a comment as to whether you have cause to dislike me? And some oddity about gathering more information about me than I would think? I find it... strange.

What's going through your mind when you do this? It's classic ESFJ to me (or maybe ESTJ). That desire to stamp some authority on an interpersonal relationship, and make statements about what is "right" which you are barely keeping in check!

It's this that led me to the ESFJ (initially ESFP) the interpersonal stuff, the starting of threads that are very status oriented (awards etc)
:D I totally knew you'd say that. ;)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
:D I totally knew you'd say that. ;)

Exactly! You are using those superb interpersonal skills and ability to predict responsive behaviour ie exactly what an ESFJ would have!

PS it's not insulting, although you'll never see this any other way.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hmm. I find the direction of this thread interesting/uncomfortable.

If you really want to know what people think of you, then let them tell you. Now you might have people with valid input and insight, but they may hesitate to respond because they perceive you're going to attack them for typing you in a way you don't want.

Roll with it, listen to the responses, and discard that which doesn't comport with your self-image. This thread is, or should be, an opportunity to learn about what drives you.

I think Geoff has made some interesting, insightful points, but I'm getting uncomfortable by the perception that you're dismissing them summarily. Since you invited the analysis, at least entertain it - don't be so quick to dismiss!

(I still think you're an E. ;) )

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Exactly! You are using those superb interpersonal skills and ability to predict responsive behaviour ie exactly what an ESFJ would have!

PS it's not insulting, although you'll never see this any other way.
that's because I'm a stubborn NFJ. :party2:

pm FineLine said pretty much the same thing you said months ago about my threads. The Post a Picture of Your Feet thread was created so I could see who had nasty feet and who looks after themselves well. You can tell a lot about a person's shoes but their feet gives you a deeper look into personal hygiene.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Indeed, there is far too much "I like you! :hug:" in this thread.

Who cares if you like us? We're discussing your type, not our relationship with you.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Indeed, there is far too much "I like you! :hug:" in this thread.

Who cares if you like us? We're discussing your type, not our relationship with you.

See, that's why I said ESFJ!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Damn, now I want my own "What's my Type?" thread.

Why is the "my" not capitalized, btw?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Probably because I didn't create the subforum. /haughty

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably because I didn't create the subforum. /haughty
I thought there might be some in-joke I missed.

I didn't create it either! /haughty as well