• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type this friend of mine

Antonio

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hi there,
This is my second thread. I'm not completely sure of my type yet, however it seems I am an INTP. Now, anyway, I'd like your help to type this friend of mine, just for curiosity.
He has 17 years old (I'm 18) and was my best friend. He's a great passionate of Classical music, he can play the piano really well, even in public, although he says he sweats and feels "nude" when there is someone who is important to him when he plays; otherwise, if he must play only among superficial friends, he seems very extrovert.
He has a very strong personality, nobody ventures to offend him because he knows how to get respect; he likes to treat the others quite bad, not just for joke, since sometimes he's quite cruel. For example, once he met a friend of mine, a girl, who is not exactly a Venus, and told her she was a mobile WC... He liked to mistreat me even when we became close friends, and that's why I "left" him.
He's extremely smart. When you say something to him, for example if you talk about a musician you like, he can destroy your considerations in a few seconds finding mistakes or contradictions, showing a logic who disarms you. When he gives his opinion (and he always does), he expresses it in a strong way, using sarcasm if you want to answer back.
While the others either adore him or hate him, and in general most people see him as a secure person, when we became friends, something got different. One day I decided to "read into him". It's something strange I do sometimes when I want to know someone better. I had already made different suppositions about his story, but they were just "intuitions". So I started to ask him "strange" questions about the past I supposed he had had. I asked him if his father didn't love him, if he was a rich man who had to work all day and didn't have time for him, if his mother had been maltreated by him, if the girl he (my friend) loved was the one I thought to be and so on... He was really sacred, and asked me how could I knew all those things about him. Since then, he revealed to me all his weaknesses. He said to be insecure and depressed, and he told me that music was his only way to survive everyday life. He looked at music in a "mystical" way, also thanks to his "spiritual guide", a philosophy teacher who had changed his life. he started to call me "brother" and to ask my help. However, when he overtook that bad period, he became more secure even with me, and started to criticize me because I was a lonely person who had no social life, saying that social life is very important, that if nobody knows you you have no worth and so on.
This is a short portrait of my "friend".
I think he's an ISFP, or an INTJ, but I would say ISFP because of his extraordinary coordination and his "alpha male" behavior.
What's your opinion?

rav3n

Might be an SFJ, since he's nitpicky critical and needs something to anchor to, which points to Si. That he also bases his worth on external perception might point to Fe.

Don't forget that SFJs have Ti as their tert or inferior function, hence his ability to destroy arguments.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sounds more NTJ than ISFP to me. My first thought was ENTJ. That opening up at the end sounds like Fi.

yeghor

I've first thought ENTJ...

But perhaps an ESTP...?

Edit: Playing piano = Se-dom, Deconstructing logic = Ti-aux, sarcasm etc = Fe-tert...Being mystified by Ni = Ni-inf...

Trying to assert dominion back when no longer under stress...lack of empathy...

If he's an ESTP, he would be very athletic, fit and muscular...and would have outbursts of rage when angry...impulsive etc...

Last edited:

Antonio

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've first thought ENTJ...

But perhaps an ESTP...?

Edit: Playing piano = Se-dom, Deconstructing logic = Ti-aux, sarcasm etc = Fe-tert...Being mystified by Ni = Ni-inf...

Trying to assert dominion back when no longer under stress...lack of empathy...

If he's an ESTP, he would be very athletic, fit and muscular...and would have outbursts of rage when angry...impulsive etc...

Well, he has a typical mesomorph structure (neither tall nor short, wide shoulders, a bit fat and so on) so he seems quite "strong"; however he doesn't exercise, he thinks it's useless (but once he said that he didn't exercise just because everybody does, and he wanted to distinguish himself)
However, he has serious problems with rage: for example he broke her girlfriend cell phone when she wanted to leave him...

Antonio

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm almost sure he's not SFJ: "empathy" is something that he completely ignores.

rav3n

Why (not)?
Fi judges and evaluates, based on internal values. It is all about internal harmony. In order for those internal values to vibe with another, the two individuals must align in values. So Fi users actually feel what others do since they internalise the emotions, sometimes incapable of separating between self and others. Whether Fi users put that empathy to action in the form of sympathetic gestures, will rely on context.

Fe is about external harmony, where if Fe users see another feeling sad or bad, they'll express sympathy for their sadness. This is to harmonise and equalise, rather than internalising the other person's hurt and pain.

yeghor

Fi judges and evaluates, based on internal values. It is all about internal harmony. In order for those internal values to vibe with another, the two individuals must align in values. So Fi users actually feel what others do since they internalise the emotions, sometimes incapable of separating between self and others. Whether Fi users put that empathy to action in the form of sympathetic gestures, will rely on context.

Fe is about external harmony, where if Fe users see another feeling sad or bad, they'll express sympathy for their sadness. This is to harmonise and equalise, rather than internalising the other person's hurt and pain.

How about Ni?