• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Determining my MBTI type (contains video).

Alea_iacta_est

Ha! Our mental processes are like carbon copies of each other. Same lines of thinking, same pitfalls, same style of "insights". Sometimes we need to reexplain things to each other, but ultimately we will get on the same page very very fast. He's worlds more emotionally stable than I am (he's got SO much energy), and I am much more proactive against "mistakes" than he is which can cause misunderstandings. Ultimately though we get each other quite well.

As I suspected, you two are probably identicals (according to Socionics). You portray him to be more developed than you, which can cause a bit of an "out-pacing" mentality sometimes.

á´…eparted

passages
As I suspected, you two are probably identicals (according to Socionics). You portray him to be more developed than you, which can cause a bit of an "out-pacing" mentality sometimes.

He's someone I'll never be. The main issue is, well, his lack of issues. I have mental stability issues (mostly genetic...) that get in the way and zap my energy. That, and he is able to burn the candle at both ends indefinitely. I mean, he's a professor in synthetic organic chemistry. They're ALL nuts, and total workhorses. He's also my adviser, so of course he's going to try and appear better than I am (he is), that's how its supposed to be so you work harder and become better.

I think I am going to go with ENFJ, try it on for size for a while. I'll admit, I don't want that to be my type. I don't like the idea of being an F dominant because of all the stereotypes associated with them. But, your type is your type and that is how it is. Unlike enneagram which fits like a glove for me, I don't think MBTI will ever be that perfect of a fit. Unless someone else comes in with a fairly convincing argument towards ENTJ, I am thinking ENFJ is just simply more likely. Even so, I have been reflecting on my cognitive functions, Fe and Te are likely very close at the front. This would explain my very high J tendancy. Se is weaker than Ti is for me though. At least, I suspect that to be the case. What I am solid on is that Ne is dead last.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah the definite distinction is "specific". It's my speech pattern. I have never been big on just being overall warm to people like some are known for (regardless of type).

Not just your speech pattern. Elements in your face too. But again, I don't really attach much importance to this observation. It's just not what I expected before I clicked on the video :D

Presenting a fact. Something that is solid, concrete, and known. Irrefutable. Basically saying someone is wrong, and showing exactly how that is in no uncertain terms.

Oh, and do you do that a lot? Can it even get in the way of socializing with people?

I'm still reflecting, and am not as sure as I was last night. I don't have that innate drive to protect and serve like most Fe is presented to be. I am far too selective, particular, and choosy to where I put my energy. I am not going to waste my time on something that won't make progress. If I try to help someone, and the reject it, can't keep up with what is expected or agreed upon, I stop.

That could just be ENFJ > ESFJ

At the same token I am not that particular at efficiency. Sometimes the things I do in the way I do them aren't efficient. They simply work because I know them well, it makes me feel good. I try to be impersonal in all matters, but I make a concerted effort to do so in a number of cases. The more of a rapport I have with someone, the harder time I have being that way. Additionally, socially I am extremely tactful, and I care quite a great deal about the delivery of information for a lot of reasons. Most of which are for my own comfort, and the comfort of others, not just for the sake of being efficient (though to me it seems to be that way).

Minus point for ENTJ

Ah, it's not as easy for me. Even if I do appear to snap out of it, it takes time for me to feel it. It simply causes me to become depressed, worry over issues present in my life and of things that could go wrong because I haven't done something. A lot of "what if?" creeps in, and overall I just start to feel anxious and shitty for no reason. Definitely if I can't find something to distract myself with.

I think that's what someone else talked about with ENFJs getting moody?

Anyway I'm only biased towards the ENFJ thingie because I saw your very Fe-ish reasoning the other day in that other thread :p

One funny thing. You are LSI/ISTj in socionics? The dual of ENFj in socionics :p (I'm not saying MBTI ENFJ is the same as ENFj in socionics but still funny!!)

á´…eparted

passages
Not just your speech pattern. Elements in your face too. But again, I don't really attach much importance to this observation. It's just not what I expected before I clicked on the video :D

Yeah I am very facially expressive. Always have been. Both of my parents are so I got that from them. The amount I show in the video is actually below normal too.

Oh, and do you do that a lot? Can it even get in the way of socializing with people?

More so with age, but yes. If someone does that again, and again over time I write them off and stop interacting with them all together.

Minus point for ENTJ

Yeah seems so. I became good friends with an ENTJ over the past year or so, and that is a big difference between us. We're quite similar in many ways, but I am worlds more tactful than she is. That's not to say she's poor at it, it's more that she opts to stay silent or say very little if she knows she can't be, and has come to me on some occasions to be that person since I am quite good at it. Of the Te doms I have met, them being tactful is rather hard. It can be done, but it's not easy, or they just don't care. Tact is a huuuuuge thing for me.

I think that's what someone else talked about with ENFJs getting moody?

Anyway I'm only biased towards the ENFJ thingie because I saw your very Fe-ish reasoning the other day in that other thread :p

One funny thing. You are LSI/ISTj in socionics? The dual of ENFj in socionics :p (I'm not saying MBTI ENFJ is the same as ENFj in socionics but still funny!!)

I don't put much stock into socionics, but I had mine sorted out in pretty painstaking detail a few years ago and it was very close between ESI and LSI, but ultimately the latter fit in best. I am definitely an S in socionics. I haven't looked into it since. Might be overdue to check. That said, when I did take a test for it, it did come out to be LIE (but reading that description didn't fit well).

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah seems so. I became good friends with an ENTJ over the past year or so, and that is a big difference between us. We're quite similar in many ways, but I am worlds more tactful than she is. That's not to say she's poor at it, it's more that she opts to stay silent or say very little if she knows she can't be, and has come to me on some occasions to be that person since I am quite good at it. Of the Te doms I have met, them being tactful is rather hard. It can be done, but it's not easy, or they just don't care. Tact is a huuuuuge thing for me.

Interesting you got this awareness. Always? Consistently? T's don't easily have conscious access for it... I'm sure it's possible though :) How I am with it for a contrast: I sometimes can be really tactful because somehow it gets in foreground in my consciousness. And then at other times I'm totally "blind" to the blunt edges in the way I say whatever I say. Sometimes I do get aware of it with a delay (well after it's already been said, not that I do anything about it) and sometimes I never get aware of it even when others point it out to me that there was a problem with my style. So this is one of the reasons why I lean to the T typing for myself

I don't put much stock into socionics, but I had mine sorted out in pretty painstaking detail a few years ago and it was very close between ESI and LSI, but ultimately the latter fit in best. I am definitely an S in socionics. I haven't looked into it since. Might be overdue to check. That said, when I did take a test for it, it did come out to be LIE (but reading that description didn't fit well).

Why do you see yourself as an S in socionics? (vs N in MBTI)

...I see you're trying on the ENFJ label now. How is it working for you? I've been MIA for a few days so no idea :)