• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My enneagram type?

MBTI Type
INFP
I feel certain by now that I'm an INFJ, yet I'm still somewhat conflicted over my enneatype, considering that I possess the moodiness and sensitivity of a four, yet also have the anxiety issues and insecurity of a six :unsure:

I feel however, that much of my anxiety is rooted in severe self-consciousness over how others are perceiving me and how well I am living up to my own values and standards (in terms of how I should act as a person and treat other people), since I am always hesistant to act in a way that would provoke tension or misunderstanding between myself and others. I am not necessarily attracted to structured environments, and am certainly not a fan of tradition, yet what I do value most is familiarity and comfort. I enjoy peaceful, aesthetic environments in which I am able to relax and roam freely as I wish, without warriness or restraints, and am most uncomfortable once there is some form of conflict that is disturbing the peace of said environment, during which I will become anxious and react somewhat aggressively at worst. I am not good at dealing with stress or minor details I find trivial, since I prefer moving at my own pace and accomplishing things my own way rather than following someone else's ideal; still I am often conflicted between being an individual and fitting in with society's mold, as I am the type of person who is not necessarily concerned with alienating myself from others to stress that I'm unique, but rather simply wants the freedom to develop her own pathway and her own techniques for approaching and resolving problems. As I have said before, I have my own way of viewing things and do not always agree with those of others (even though I am never imposing or dogmatic over said values).

I love to feel connected to people, and perceive reality as being interconnected by people who have differing viewpoints and personalities, yet have their own strengths and contribute to society in their own way (even if I am still trying to figure out what my own strengths are). I am curious and question/ overthink things constantly, which is yet another issue contributing to my anxieties. I wonder about the meaning beyond what is already there and try to form my own interpretations of things, yet am pretty much the most indecisive person I have ever met, since I never treat my feelings as valid until I am able to have them corroborated by someone else. I take a while to reach closure for everything as well, as there is always a new possibility that is lingering about or a newer way to interpret things (leading to my being disorganized and jumping from one activity/ project to the next, which has earned me an infamous reputation among my teachers in school, who see me as being "brilliant, but lazy").

I also become absorbed in a rich inner fantasy world whenever I am alone filled with characters and creative scenarios, and am admittedly a bit of a romantic dreamer at heart, which occurs to me often in school and leads to my being distracted. My interests are also quite varied, as I continuously jump from one interest to the next once something else seems intriguing to me.

So... what do you guys think my enneagram type is?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
yet also have the anxiety issues and insecurity of a six
That doesn't necessarily mean, that you're a 6. Both types can expeirience that.
Usually 6s appear more grounded and have a less "emotional language", because they are head types after all. They can also come off as ISFJs sometimes, in my expeirience.
The reason that you highly value familiarity and comfort could just be your Sp. They need physical comfort to be happy.

I also become absorbed in a rich inner fantasy world whenever I am alone filled with characters and creative scenarios, and am admittedly a bit of a romantic dreamer at heart, which occurs to me often in school and leads to my being distracted.

Yep, you're certified ennea 4 from now on. Welcome to the club. :thumbup:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think you sound slightly more 4, as well.

MBTI Type
INFP
I agree that I identify relatively well with many of the traits associated with enneagram 4, but do you guys believe that it may also be possible for me to be an enneagram 6w5 with a 6-4-9 tritype (more specifically, a 6w5-4w5-9w1)? Although I am deeply emotional, sometimes to an excessive extent, I think my anxiety issues still tend to prevail above everything else. As I mentioned, I tend to be self-conscious to a fault and constantly question my own identity and motives while trying to please people and earn acceptance from others. I feel as though I seek a certain amount of security from others and have a habit for being dubious to a fault, since I constantly seek outward validation from others during the decision-making process and tend to feel in conflict between my own sense of self and being considerate to the feelings and actions of others (although I know that, as somebody else mentioned, much of this can also be attributed to having an "sp" instinctive variant).

I also move into new situations cautiously as I try to predict the potential outcomes that may ensue, and as the heavily analytical over-thinker that I am, am prone to planning every single interaction/ conversation in my head before approaching others to manage through my social anxiety issues, which often leads to the excessive amounts of self-consciousness I previously described. I also need to establish a sense of trust among myself and others when delving more deeply into relationships, subconsciously questioning the person's actions or motives and silently analyzing their every move (albeit not openly so) that may hint at their overall demeanor or feelings towards me. My of my issues with decision-making and procrastination also seem to revolve around heightened feelings of self-doubt and wariness of well I will live up to my own or everybody else's standards (since I secretly feel failure or letting anybody down).

I also tend to observe the reactions of others towards me whenever I speak with them as I try to interpret the vibes they're giving me and am sensitive to and easily discouraged whenever I seem I've made someone uncomfortable or awkward in some way. It confuses me as well that while I do deeply desire deep connections and social interaction with others, I alternate between specific moods depending on the height of my insecurity/ anxiety issues at a certain time, and admittedly have significant issues managing stress without wallowing in or becoming consumed by it. Much of my fantasy world encompasses what I feel I probably truly desire from the real world and the way I wish I could learn to project myself to others, yet struggle with expressing outwardly or putting into effect.