• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's been long enough...

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
...you guys have plumbed the depths of my psyche by now, haven't you?* How accurate does my Enneagram seem? I went with the 458 tritype, but recently decided 4's dominance might've been circumstantial, and 5s disintegrate to 8s, so 5w4 seems most logical. In the past there have been definite elements of 3 and 6 as well (the first time I tested I was in sort of a bad place and scored 6w5... 3 is usually a peak).

*I'm kidding, I'm not very forthcoming. Any vibes, though?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
[MENTION=20757]solipsists[/MENTION], 5w4 seems pretty good to me based on the not enough that i know about you :)

do you relate to the descriptions?

there are some tritype descriptions here that i found helpful.http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/246-Tritype-Descriptions-and-Archetypes

have you looked into these at all? how does 458 feel to you?

Well, I identify very much with the 458 tritype, but am much more consistently 4 and 5 than 8. I occasionally get in sort of manic 8ish moods, when I feel comfortable paving over everything around me with my own understandings. Probably an unwise habit, but in my defense I'm usually right.

Here's what the curiously brief quiz gave me: You are a Type 6 with a 5 wing: "The Defender" -- Your trifix is 6w5, 8w9, 4w5.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I identify very much with the 458 tritype, but am much more consistently 4 and 5 than 8. I occasionally get in sort of manic 8ish moods, when I feel comfortable paving over everything around me with my own understandings. Probably an unwise habit, but in my defense I'm usually right.

Here's what the curiously brief quiz gave me: You are a Type 6 with a 5 wing: "The Defender" -- Your trifix is 6w5, 8w9, 4w5.

i say f*ck a quiz. lol not entirely, but pretty much. did you look into 468 tritype? how does that feel compared with 458? also i'd look into 6w5, 5w6, and 5w4 with those results on a hunt for your core type. alllso, for your heart type. i'm not sure how you feel about being a 4, but you said you have some 3-ish qualities sometimes, so i'd probably look into 3w4, 4w3 and 4w5. hell you might even be a 3w2 :shrug:

here are some good wing descriptions http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.com/2011/06/typewatch-enneagram-type-descriptions.html

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
i say f*ck a quiz. lol not entirely, but pretty much. did you look into 468 tritype? how does that feel compared with 458? also i'd look into 6w5, 5w6, and 5w4 with those results on a hunt for your core type. alllso, for your heart type. i'm not sure how you feel about being a 4, but you said you have some 3-ish qualities sometimes, so i'd probably look into 3w4, 4w3 and 4w5. hell you might even be a 3w2 :shrug:

here are some good wing descriptions http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.com/2011/06/typewatch-enneagram-type-descriptions.html

All I DO is f*ck quizzes. Uh, I think up until about five years ago 3 was a strong facet of my personality, but I don't identify with it so much anymore.
I identify with most of the 4 descriptions, but I'm not quite as dramatic or self-loathing as a typical 4. My type 4 has heavy 5 undertones, or vice-versa. I relate to both 458 and 468 because they're both described as seeking truth, striving to understand hidden motives. To truly feel safe, I need to understand what's happening between the lines, which probably points more to 6, though I think 5 is a big component of my personality (especially since that shitty quiz listed it twice as a wing). I'm still reading the type descriptions, though.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All I DO is f*ck quizzes. Uh, I think up until about five years ago 3 was a strong facet of my personality, but I don't identify with it so much anymore.
I identify with most of the 4 descriptions, but I'm not quite as dramatic or self-loathing as a typical 4. My type 4 has heavy 5 undertones, or vice-versa. I relate to both 458 and 468 because they're both described as seeking truth, striving to understand hidden motives. To truly feel safe, I need to understand what's happening between the lines, which probably points more to 6, though I think 5 is a big component of my personality (especially since that shitty quiz listed it twice as a wing). I'm still reading the type descriptions, though.

5 is a pretty INTJ-ish e-type. i can't imagine an INTJ without it in there somewhere. so i think your instinct is right with that. keep reading to refine exactly how it fits in. and F*CK DAT QUIZ UP! lol i don't even know what that means. in whatever quiz we're talking about's defense, i think they can be a good starting point to kind of jump off from.

also, am i hijacking your thread? :2ar15: gimme all yer money. now.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
5 is a pretty INTJ-ish e-type. i can't imagine an INTJ without it in there somewhere. so i think your instinct is right with that. keep reading to refine exactly how it fits in. and F*CK DAT QUIZ UP! lol i don't even know what that means. in whatever quiz we're talking about's defense, i think they can be a good starting point to kind of jump off from.

also, am i hijacking your thread? :2ar15: gimme all yer money. now.

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE COMING INTO MY THREAD AND DERAILING IT WITH HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS AND RELEVANT INSIGHTS

Also, yeah, the quiz in question is pretty messed up. I think I'm done with it for now.

5w4 sounds the most spot-on, but there's the occasional domineering face I don't think either 5 or 4 accounts for. I think when I was much younger I might've been something along the lines of 835. I don't know that 8 is still present, but I'm searching for something to account for that occasional brazenness. Maybe I'm just a 5w4 who drinks too much coffee sometimes. :thinking:

Last edited:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE COMING INTO MY THREAD AND DERAILING IT WITH HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS AND RELEVANT INSIGHTS

Also, yeah, the quiz in question is pretty messed up. I think I'm done with it for now.

5w4 sounds the most spot-on, but there's the occasional domineering face I don't think either 5 or 4 accounts for. I think when I was much younger I might've been something along the lines of 835. I don't know that 8 is still present, but I'm searching for something to account for that occasional brazenness. Maybe I'm just a 5w4 who drinks too much coffee sometimes. :thinking:

i mean, if 8 is in your tritype, it's still in there. i'm 9w1 last, and i can totally relate to 9w1 descriptions. it's just like when something hits you on that level, from my understanding.

ok, so what are we lookin at here? 5w4, 4w5, 8w?

i gotta be honest, i dunno if i see 4 for you. do you relate to the 4w5 description over 3w4? if you do, then please kindly ignore this.

let's go for that wing on your 8 too! 8w9 or 8w1?

haha, just imagine being a ENFP 7w6 who drinks too much coffee. welcome to the jungle mu-fugga. *resists urge to use gun emoticon again*

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
i mean, if 8 is in your tritype, it's still in there. i'm 9w1 last, and i can totally relate to 9w1 descriptions. it's just like when something hits you on that level, from my understanding.

ok, so what are we lookin at here? 5w4, 4w5, 8w?

i gotta be honest, i dunno if i see 4 for you. do you relate to the 4w5 description over 3w4? if you do, then please kindly ignore this.

let's go for that wing on your 8 too! 8w9 or 8w1?

haha, just imagine being a ENFP 7w6 who drinks too much coffee. welcome to the jungle mu-fugga. *resists urge to use gun emoticon again*

Well honestly, the extended Enneagram quiz (exam?) I first took placed 8 dead last--it's pretty against my nature if all is running smoothly. That's why I figure I'm a 5 who disintegrates to 8 when threatened. I think four is a much bigger player than is obvious from the outside, but it mostly manifests in poetry, which I hole away. I don't express myself through clothing or piercings or tattoos. Words and actions are the primary windows to my personality, and I identify very much with the 5's sense of complexity others are unlikely to ever fully penetrate.

I related to elements of 4w3 (though none of the theatrical stuff, I'm very reserved), 4w5, and, more than either, 5w4. So 5w4, 4w3, 8w9?

8w9s tend to be more reserved and self-contained. They are more modest and friendly. They aren't as megalomanic as 8w7s. They are less likely to overestimate themselves. They speak in simpler language and seem less "heady" than 8w7s with their more drawn out cadence. They don't understand the eight-winged-seven self-destructive behaviour. They are more grounded and unmovable but they can get aggressive in a hurry if provoked. They are natural defenders who focus on solidifying structures as opposed to tearing them down and starting anew.

8w9s believe the best defense is to be well-fortified. They don't believe in preemptive aggression. They wait for the enemy to strike first and are natural counterpunchers. Their style of dominance is to endure whatever you throw at them and gradually steamroll you. They delight in pushing their weight against you and making you feel their physical presence. They are more "I am unbreakable and will steadily wear you down".

I bolded the traits that don't fit. I identify with 8w7's iconoclasm and self-destructive tendencies, but I also reign them in and consider gambling a terrible waste unless I feel very confident in my chances. Part of my sp preference, maybe?

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, I more or less narrowed my Enneagram to 5, 9 and 4. If anyone has an opinion/insightful observation/resource it would be appreciated.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Could be accurate based on the little I've seen of you. If you want you can tell us about your life in general, help us determine.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Could be accurate based on the little I've seen of you. If you want you can tell us about your life in general, help us determine.

I missed this, sorry.

Oh dear, tell you about my life in general? If you have specific questions I would be happy to address them in publicly-suitable forms.