• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

hopefully my last MBTI questionnaire

melisanddre

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) Being sensitive and dependent sounds a lot like Fe, as does the friendship thing. Everyone likes subjective things, but breaking apart and analyzing is a strong sign of Ti.

3) You're memories radiate Si

4) Fe, maybe

6) IxxP for sure

7) Si memories again

9) xxxP

11) I with Fe

16) It's a bittersweet experience to hear my thoughts in someone else's words.

18) Your no-nonsense-ness oozes xxTP

19) See #16

The rest could apply to any type/ I was too lazy to read

You might consider being INTP. I find the resemblance uncanny.

When I first started taking MBTI years ago, I tested as INTP a lot. And I would be inclined to agree, except I have two very close friends that have tested and been confirmed as INTPs, and while I love them, we just fight all the time. They both seem to be missing an 'emotional chip' somewhere, they act like robots, they are blunt and occasionally rude, they have 'special snowflake syndrome' (i.e. think they're better and more mature than everyone else), they can be condescending, they both had no-so-great upbringings that they love to bring up and discuss every possible second to make it seem like they've been through so much more than us, point out all the time that 'we can never possibly understand'.

I just got in a fight with one of them, an awful one because she was basically acting like my parent - gives her opinion without me warranting it, tells me what to do and how to act all the time. She called me up, and I thought she was extending the olive branch but then she kind of stabbed me with it.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te over Ti - because I could literally care less about why things work. I just want to be able to use it. For example, in physics I don't care about why cars accelerate when they turn, but how can I use that knowledge to my advantage.

Hm well I also often just use practical knowledge though I would be also happy to understand the workings of stuff. Now that doesn't mean a lot, a couple people on here see me as ENTJ anyway.

Anyway I thought Ti for you because you said you like to analyse things in a possibly Ti-ish way. But do you mean you only do that with literature?

1984 - I found it interesting from an objective standpoint, I guess. I wasn't interested in Winston too much, though I usually am interested in characters - he was stale, but that was kind of the point. I wasn't particularly alarmed or disturbed because if I wanted complete control over the masses, I would do the same thing as Big Brother.

Why do you feel it was an objective standpoint?

I think what I meant was that Sensors are stereotyped as caught up in the details, and not 'big picture' people. While I do sometime get caught up in the details, I do generally look at the big picture, what is really happening (yet I focus on and remember the smallest, most trivial things to the point of over-analyzing them, but that's also because I have OCD)

Is this with literature or other areas of your life in general too?

When I first started taking MBTI years ago, I tested as INTP a lot. And I would be inclined to agree, except I have two very close friends that have tested and been confirmed as INTPs, and while I love them, we just fight all the time. They both seem to be missing an 'emotional chip' somewhere, they act like robots, they are blunt and occasionally rude, they have 'special snowflake syndrome' (i.e. think they're better and more mature than everyone else), they can be condescending, they both had no-so-great upbringings that they love to bring up and discuss every possible second to make it seem like they've been through so much more than us, point out all the time that 'we can never possibly understand'.

It's possible it's an enneagram difference. Are they 5's or 4's? Are you different cognitively too? Do they analyse things in a different way?

Mm are you never rude?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=17254]fghw[/MENTION]

The rest could apply to any type/ I was too lazy to read

See this from first post:

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Whether it will benefit me, what I feel about it (what emotional impact will it have on me. Will it give me anxiety? Will it make me happy?)

This one, is this INTP'ish? I did see a lot of other stuff that could be INTP sure...

fghw

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

I just got in a fight with one of them, an awful one because she was basically acting like my parent - gives her opinion without me warranting it, tells me what to do and how to act all the time. She called me up, and I thought she was extending the olive branch but then she kind of stabbed me with it.

I wouldn't attribute that behavior to INTP. It seems very unlike myself at least. People with Special Snowflake Syndrome-- as you put it-- tend to mistype themselves anyway. Bringing up upbingings ( :rotfl: ) and parenting doesn't seem quite accurate. Nevertheless, some people are just hostile in general and it may have nothing to do with type. Overall I just don't see it as enough evidence to rule out the possibility.

melisanddre

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@fghw
@valaki

The only things I really break down with an insane curiosity, that I must completely understand are literature, writing, fencing, and music (playing the piano). While I enjoy philosophy, history, and art very much, I don't have that overwhelming urge to understand every component. An objective standpoint in 1984 (as if we are considering there is even such a thing as true objectivity in literature) that for me I didn't care to discuss Winston's character, for example. I was all about the Party and how they controlled others. The two INTPs are 5w6, who I get along with well, and a 1w9, the one I was having trouble with. And this may sound crazy but no, I am never rude. Ever. I take so much caution in saying the right thing and trying to make everyone like me and be happy.

Does anyone have a good article on INTPs? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding them.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@fghw
@valaki

The only things I really break down with an insane curiosity, that I must completely understand are literature, writing, fencing, and music (playing the piano). While I enjoy philosophy, history, and art very much, I don't have that overwhelming urge to understand every component. An objective standpoint in 1984 (as if we are considering there is even such a thing as true objectivity in literature) that for me I didn't care to discuss Winston's character, for example. I was all about the Party and how they controlled others. The two INTPs are 5w6, who I get along with well, and a 1w9, the one I was having trouble with. And this may sound crazy but no, I am never rude. Ever. I take so much caution in saying the right thing and trying to make everyone like me and be happy.

Does anyone have a good article on INTPs? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding them.

Well Ti-doms are usually more invested in understanding.... that's the only thought I have right now.