• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Doubt about Being an INTJ

QuietSky

I've taken MBTI tests several times. The overwhelmingly majority result is INTJ, with the occasional INFJ and ISTJ. There are aspects about INTJs that I know are not like me at all. For example:

- INTJS are said to be very direct, which makes them seem insensitive.
> I am usually very careful about not offending people ( besides PCness, which I think is B.S). If its with my immediate family, I'm more direct.

- INTJs tend to dislike authority
> I have always respected authority figures, except when I think they're wrong.

- INTJS enjoy intellectual discussion/arguments
> I prefer to keep my intellectual findings to myself. It's because I am not very confident (confidence is an INTJ trait). I am just an onlooker when these discussions take place. I find arguing to be very draining.

- Most INTJS seem to be agnostic/atheist since they find religion to be totally illogical. I'm Catholic (please people,I'm not here to argue about God, religion, etc.).
> One of the reasons I'm Catholic is because of its strong intellectual traditions, which I love, and openness to science (Vatican Observatory, acceptance of evolution/alien life, long list of priests who were scientists, etc.). I guess those reasons are INTJish.

- People at school see me as a very nice person, while INTJs are usually seen as cold.

Now here are things that indicate I may be an INTJ (note that most of these traits are stronger when I'm with my family)

- Despite being seen as a nice, well-behaved girl, I am also seen at times by my family as being aloof/serious. My siblings are also more affectionate than I am, which my parents have pointed out.

- I hate purely emotional arguments. I think logic with some emotion thrown in works best.
> Another reason I'm Catholic. Its not the most emotional type of Christianity. I think you have to have actual reasons for believing in God other than basing it purely on emotion. (Again, I'm not seeking to argue about God or religion here. I mention mine because I think it helps provide insight into my personality.)

- I dislike small talk. I think it wastes time and people should just get straight to the point.

- I'm introverted.

Here are other things about myself that I think will help determine my typology:

- I am very concerned with morality/ethics. Everytime I do something, I ask myself is this right or wrong?
- I doubt myself alot/over think things often.
- I do extremely well in school ( over 4.0 GPA, lots of AP classes)
- I can be very anxious/nervous
-I'm into UFOs/paranormal

I would greatly appreciate your insights. Also, you may ask me questions that can help determine my type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't fall for all the stereotypes about INTJs, such as INTJs being atheistic/agnostic. That's a bunch of hooey.

If you would like to take my MBTI test, message me and I'll PM it to you.

Alea_iacta_est

The only thing that truly determines whether or not you are an INTJ in JCF is if you have introverted intuition dominant complimented by extroverted thinking in the auxiliary, the rest is simply basic stereotypes, and while they can at times be accurate, they are still, ultimately, stereotypes.

I will say that you seem 6-ish if you were to ever look toward the Enneagram.

á´…eparted

passages
I've taken MBTI tests several times. The overwhelmingly majority result is INTJ, with the occasional INFJ and ISTJ. There are aspects about INTJs that I know are not like me at all. For example:

Test results aren't everything. In fact for some it's never correct. The vast majority of the time I take an MBTI test I'll get ESTJ as a result, occasionally ENTJ or INTJ. However my true type (as I believe right now anyway), is INTJ.

- INTJS are said to be very direct, which makes them seem insensitive.
> I am usually very careful about not offending people ( besides PCness, which I think is B.S). If its with my immediate family, I'm more direct.

I am quite direct with people, and I am well known for having vocal opinions/thoughts. However, I am tactful with how I present them. I can come across as a bit forceful, but it's well tempered. Ultimately being direct has some sort of purpose, and I want to make sure that purpose is achieved, so tact is nesscarry. Ultimately, tact is super useful, so I use it when I can.

- INTJs tend to dislike authority
> I have always respected authority figures, except when I think they're wrong.

Stereotype. I'd also argue that P types, have the hardest time satistically speaking.

- INTJS enjoy intellectual discussion/arguments
> I prefer to keep my intellectual findings to myself. It's because I am not very confident (confidence is an INTJ trait). I am just an onlooker when these discussions take place. I find arguing to be very draining.

Yes, by and large confidence is a trait of TJ's in general, and they usually have decent self esteem. However, it's not uniform and can be strong and weak in different areas. As far as arguing? I genenerally dislike it, and only participate in it if I know from the getgo that I will get through to the person or make some ground. If not? I won't. Arguing for the sake of is a useless endevor. I also dislike debating, largely cause I know I am poor at it.

- Most INTJS seem to be agnostic/atheist since they find religion to be totally illogical. I'm Catholic (please people,I'm not here to argue about God, religion, etc.).
> One of the reasons I'm Catholic is because of its strong intellectual traditions, which I love, and openness to science (Vatican Observatory, acceptance of evolution/alien life, long list of priests who were scientists, etc.). I guess those reasons are INTJish.

Stereotype. I'm atheist, and many INTJ's are as well. However there are plenty of religious INTJ's out there.

- People at school see me as a very nice person, while INTJs are usually seen as cold.

I am generally well liked by most. Though there is a small minority that hates me. Ultimately I am quite friendly and social, and in many respect seem like an extrovert even though I am not. I can also can be completely ice cold, and I absolutely am with people I don't need to invest energy in, don't need to be friendly to, when I am in a bad mood, or do not like.

Now here are things that indicate I may be an INTJ (note that most of these traits are stronger when I'm with my family)

- Despite being seen as a nice, well-behaved girl, I am also seen at times by my family as being aloof/serious. My siblings are also more affectionate than I am, which my parents have pointed out.

Usually INTJ's aren't the most affectionate bunch, but many types can be unaffectionate for a laundrylist of reasons. This has little bearing on type.

- I hate purely emotional arguments. I think logic with some emotion thrown in works best.
> Another reason I'm Catholic. Its not the most emotional type of Christianity. I think you have to have actual reasons for believing in God other than basing it purely on emotion. (Again, I'm not seeking to argue about God or religion here. I mention mine because I think it helps provide insight into my personality.)

I hate purely emotional arguments. Honestly? Nearly everyone does if they don't agree with the individual giving it. If you like having intellecual arguments about religion, you will definitely find many here who will engage you in it.

- I dislike small talk. I think it wastes time and people should just get straight to the point.

Small talk has little to do with type. I personally can enjoy it depending on who it is.

- I'm introverted.

K. That's simply one aspect.

Here are other things about myself that I think will help determine my typology:

- I am very concerned with morality/ethics. Everytime I do something, I ask myself is this right or wrong?

You could very well be an enneagram 1 like I am if this is the case. It's another theory you might enjoy exploring.

- I doubt myself alot/over think things often.

This could apply to many types.

- I do extremely well in school ( over 4.0 GPA, lots of AP classes)

Intelligence has nothing to do with type. There's a terrible stereotype that T types = smart. It's not the case.

- I can be very anxious/nervous

No bearing on type. It's the reasons behind this that indicate it.

-I'm into UFOs/paranormal

Belief systems have no relation to type at all.

All put together, I honestly don't think you are INTJ. I agree with the poster above that INFP could be likely, but I am not confident with that. The information you provided about yourself doesn't give much in the way of type. Too many external manifestations. What's most important if the reasons behind everything and what goes on inside.

QuietSky

Yes, I am stereotyping alot. Thanks everyone for pointing that out. I said lots of random things about myself that I thought may help, but it seems they reveal nothing actually. Could anyone help point me in the right direction?

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20881]QuietSky[/MENTION]

Pick one:

1. I have insights into the under-workings of people or objects. I don't consciously receive these insights, they just flow into my mind naturally.
2. I have a tendency to decide what's best for my own interest and judge others based on my own, internalized, code.

If neither of those really sounds like you, then say so.

QuietSky

I've looked up INFJS, and they sound more like me, except for the descriptions of them being missionary and often mistaken for extroverts. Thanks for your help. Alea_iacta_est. I am new to the Meyers-Briggs personality testing, so I'm not as knowledgeable about determining personalities as many of you here are. I would like to hear more opinions please.

á´…eparted

passages
I've looked up INFJS, and they sound more like me, except for the descriptions of them being missionary and often mistaken for extroverts. Thanks for your help. Alea_iacta_est. I am new to the Meyers-Briggs personality testing, so I'm not as knowledgeable about determining personalities as many of you here are. I would like to hear more opinions please.

Descriptions for types usually aren't that good. Hang around here for a few months and you'll start to get the jist of what personality theories actually are. It's not an overnight process. It has taken me years to really get it, and I started looking into MBTI when I was only 15.

Determining your type when you're young (your profile says you're 16), is really hard and in some cases impossible. Don't be too upset if it's not easy to pin down. Our types settle as our personalities settle. I'm 24 and honestly even in the past year my persona has changed quite a lot as I settle into who I truly am. If you asked me when I was 16 though, if my personality would be what it is now, would I believe it? Hell no. It's all apart of development and growing.

Alea_iacta_est

My final addition: INFPs are judging types (wait... what?), they lead with the judging function of Fi (introverted feeling) and will predominantly trust their own reasoning skills to solve problems rather than trying to use their own perception of events to solve problems. INFJs are perceiving types, they lead with the perceiving function of Ni (introverted intuition) and will trust their own perception of events to solve problems slightly over their reasoning skills (at first).

INFP: Fi + Ne + Si + Te - Fe - Ni - Se - Ti (gray represent shadow processess, or what functions you begin using under stress)

INFJ: Ni + Fe + Ti + Se - Ne - Fi - Te - Si