• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm a Hungry Hungry Hippo That Loves Having Balls In His Mouth

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an 18 year old punk. My aspirations are to become a Sociology professor, have a family, and create a revolution to get rid of Lobbying.
I'm a Synthesis Idealist Thinker...

The way I'm at College, with friends, away from the family:
I'm an Intellectual Witty Alpha that always looks for ways to improve. I'm right brained so I do suck at studying unless I'm on ratline. If someone tries to fuck with me my reaction is in the lines of...

I do enjoy making self depercating jokes as I don't take myself to seriously i.e
Friend: David you're uptight
I: Yeah I'm so uptight that if you where to put coal in my ass it would turn into diamonds
Friend: Laughs
My favorite things to do are party, smoke weed, educate and inspire others.
I love hearing the perspectives that other people have on subjects and challenging them to help build them up as individuals. I also have a strong bullshit indicator and I'm really good at bullshiting my way through assignments as I was able to get a 95 on my High School thesis, it was based on a Dr.Seuss book.

The Way I'm with the family:
With my brothers and sisters: We talk Politics or my future and why I'm doing what I'm doing what is my inspiration behind doing something and they don't allow me to simply say "because I feel like it" ( they are much older then I am, late 20's early 30's) My conversations with the parents revolve around ideals. I love spending time with my nephews and nieces from telling them funny made up stories with potty humor, talking about their crushes and other things going on in their lives or simply playing lava, ball, legos, reading books, dancing etc.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20474]OptoGypsy[/MENTION] This doesn't tell me anything (though there is a slight inclination to a stereotypical social 7, nice thread title btw).

LET US BEGIN:

Highlight one these life motivations that best describes yours.

I want to be famous, successful, and admired by others.
I want to be the peaceful diplomat, solving conflicts and keeping the peace.
I want to be flawless in mind and action and put forth the time to get there.
I want to be satisfied and have all my needs met.
I want to be appreciated and acknowledged for my kindness to others.
I want to be fully prepared so that I can face the world and be safe.
I want to be treated with honesty and straight-forwardness so that I can let my guard down.
I want to be secure and trust others so that I can belong.
I want to be seen to others as unique, mysterious, and deep.

Highlight the one fear from these that best resonates with your own fear in life.

I am afraid of being isolated from the outside world.
I am afraid of being not ready to face the world, to not know exactly what to do.
I am afraid of being seen as a failure and a loser.
I am afraid of being seen as weak and being controlled/manipulated.
I am afraid of being seen as ordinary, plain, and shallow.
I am afraid of being held back from doing what I want to do.
I am afraid of being alone to face the world and insecure/unsafe.
I am afraid of being not needed by others, of being undervalued.
I am afraid of being corrupt, broken, and deficient.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20474]OptoGypsy[/MENTION] This doesn't tell me anything (though there is a slight inclination to a stereotypical social 7, nice thread title btw).

LET US BEGIN:

Highlight one these life motivations that best describes yours.

I want to be flawless in mind and action and put forth the time to get there.
I want to be satisfied and have all my needs met.
I want to be appreciated and acknowledged for my kindness to others.
I want to be fully prepared so that I can face the world and be safe.
I want to be treated with honesty and straight-forwardness so that I can let my guard down.
I want to be secure and trust others so that I can belong.
I want to be seen to others as unique, mysterious, and deep.

Highlight the one fear from these that best resonates with your own fear in life.

I am afraid of being isolated from the outside world.
I am afraid of being not ready to face the world, to not know exactly what to do.
I am afraid of being seen as a failure and a loser.
I am afraid of being seen as ordinary, plain, and shallow.
I am afraid of being held back from doing what I want to do.
I am afraid of being alone to face the world and insecure/unsafe.
I am afraid of being not needed by others, of being undervalued.
I am afraid of being corrupt, broken, and deficient.

My Life Motivations are:
My Fear in life:

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20474]OptoGypsy[/MENTION]

Motivations are akin to Type 3 and Type 9

Fear is akin to Type 8.

Do you want to have the whole world's eyes on you when you are achieving success or do you want to be successful in your own eyes?

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20474]OptoGypsy[/MENTION]

Motivations are akin to Type 3 and Type 9

Fear is akin to Type 8.

Do you want to have the whole world's eyes on you when you are achieving success or do you want to be successful in your own eyes?

I go for success in my own eyes, I don't care how others view me since confidence is the biggest player in if a person respects another person

Alea_iacta_est

I go for success in my own eyes, I don't care how others see me since confidence is the biggest player in if a person respects another person

I think you are more type 8 than type 3, especially with emphasis on confidence.

That would suggest a core type 8w9, but that seems a bit off-putting of your own character that I've seen on this forum, which I was mostly sure matched closer to a 7w8. Unless you mask as I do.

By the way, put these in order of what you feel you are better at:

I'm good at being apart of groups, engaging many people at once, and will stand up for my group.
I'm good at keeping my own needs and desires over others, I'm very careful and cautious to protect myself. Self-oriented.
I'm good at talking to people one-on-one. I make intense connections with people and can form friendships with people fast one-on-one.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now that I think about it I don't care if I become famous, successful or admired, the only reason I would want that is to get into the bigger parties in life and have easier ways to get to drugs. My biggest motivations in life is to change the system to help benefit the hard working busy class of America.

Alea_iacta_est

Now that I think about it I don't care if I become famous, successful or admired, the only reason I would want that is to get into the bigger parties in life and have easier ways to get to drugs. My biggest motivations in life is to change the system to help benefit the hard working busy class of America.

Hmmm, a thought. Do you want drugs so that you can dull your senses or do you indulge in drugs because they make you feel good?

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you are more type 8 than type 3, especially with emphasis on confidence.

That would suggest a core type 8w9, but that seems a bit off-putting of your own character that I've seen on this forum, which I was mostly sure matched closer to a 7w8. Unless you mask as I do.

By the way, put these in order of what you feel you are better at:

I'm good at being apart of groups, engaging many people at once, and will stand up for my group.
I'm good at keeping my own needs and desires over others, I'm very careful and cautious to protect myself. Self-oriented.
I'm good at talking to people one-on-one. I make intense connections with people and can form friendships with people fast one-on-one.

I'm good at being apart of groups, engaging many people at once, and will stand up for my group
I'm good at keeping my own needs and desires over others. I'm very careful and cautious to protect myself. Self-oriented

Alea_iacta_est

I'm good at keeping my own needs and desires over others. I'm very careful and cautious to protect myself. Self-oriented
I'm good at being apart of groups, engaging many people at once, and will stand up for my group

If these 3 fairly shitty descriptions are anywhere near accurate, then this suggests so/sp/sx instinct.

Does this description sound anything close to who you are? Look at this objectively, don't idealize traits you don't possess.

[hidden] are very self reliant. They are frequently entrepreneurial; the self-preservational instinct combines with the social to make a subtype that is very focused on the external environment. [hidden] are the least dramatic of type [hidden]. They are “no nonsense” types. They can be introverted, especially when the [hidden] wing is dominant. But, even though they are often quiet, they are very much in control of themselves and their direction in life. On the high side, they make great business owners. They show a sense of fairness and have an instinctual drive to do what needs to be done. They know how to make decisions and aren’t afraid to implement them. Because the [hidden] instinct is last, they can sometimes be seen as difficult to warm up to. They can be seen as “all business.”

This type has a tendency to see relationships as somehow “getting in the way.” While they may desire a close romantic relationship, they don’t want it if it is at the expense of their self-pres needs. They can appear [hidden] in this way, as they are concerned about the demands a relationship might make on their time.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This suggests more Type 9 influence.

Senses as in hallucinations because I get bored of the real world, not for stress reasons, the question confused me in that they can both be linked with stress depending on the context that it is put in. So I don't do drugs for stress reasons I do it because I easily get bored with what my eyes see and what I experience on a day to day basis

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If these 3 fairly shitty descriptions are anywhere near accurate, then this suggests so/sp/sx instinct.

Does this description sound anything close to who you are? Look at this objectively, don't idealize traits you don't possess.

[hidden] are very self reliant. They are frequently entrepreneurial; the self-preservational instinct combines with the social to make a subtype that is very focused on the external environment. [hidden] are the least dramatic of type [hidden]. They are “no nonsense” types. They can be introverted, especially when the [hidden] wing is dominant. But, even though they are often quiet, they are very much in control of themselves and their direction in life. On the high side, they make great business owners. They show a sense of fairness and have an instinctual drive to do what needs to be done. They know how to make decisions and aren’t afraid to implement them. Because the [hidden] instinct is last, they can sometimes be seen as difficult to warm up to. They can be seen as “all business.”

This type has a tendency to see relationships as somehow “getting in the way.” While they may desire a close romantic relationship, they don’t want it if it is at the expense of their self-pres needs. They can appear [hidden] in this way, as they are concerned about the demands a relationship might make on their time.

"They are frequently entrepreneurial; the self-preservational instinct combines with the social to make a subtype that is very focused on the external environment. [hidden] are the least dramatic of type [hidden]. They are “no nonsense” types. They can be introverted, especially when the [hidden] wing is dominant. But, even though they are often quiet, they are very much in control of themselves and their direction in life" I agree with this part in that I'm quite, not into drama and i'm quite. From what people have told me they see me as the really chill guy that doesn't have any worries and comes up with the funniest things when people least expect it.

They show a sense of fairness and have an instinctual drive to do what needs to be done. They know how to make decisions and aren’t afraid to implement them. Because the [hidden] instinct is last, they can sometimes be seen as difficult to warm up to. They can be seen as “all business.” Am I doing things on my own standards or standards that someone else has created. I create my own standards and fulfill them, my view on the status quo is Fuck the status quo we need to change the system, better ourselves and stop thinking that things are perfect because they aren't. Shit is being poured down from the 20% asses to the 80% and for some fucked up reason they want "the idiots who can't think for themselves" to consume it like it was a chocolate waterfall. I'm all business in that I do have goals in life and I will do my best to accomplish these goals but not because I feel obliged to do it but because I find the accomplishing of objectives to be entertaining.

"This type has a tendency to see relationships as somehow “getting in the way.” While they may desire a close romantic relationship, they don’t want it if it is at the expense of their self-pres needs. They can appear [hidden] in this way, as they are concerned about the demands a relationship might make on their time." Yeah my view on that is behind every great man is a great woman and behind every great woman is a... Brainy is the new Sexy.

Alea_iacta_est

"They are frequently entrepreneurial; the self-preservational instinct combines with the social to make a subtype that is very focused on the external environment. [hidden] are the least dramatic of type [hidden]. They are “no nonsense” types. They can be introverted, especially when the [hidden] wing is dominant. But, even though they are often quiet, they are very much in control of themselves and their direction in life" I agree with this part in that I'm quite, not into drama and i'm quite. From what people have told me they see me as the really chill guy that doesn't have any worries and comes up with the funniest things when people least expect it.

They show a sense of fairness and have an instinctual drive to do what needs to be done. They know how to make decisions and aren’t afraid to implement them. Because the [hidden] instinct is last, they can sometimes be seen as difficult to warm up to. They can be seen as “all business.” Am I doing things on my own standards or standards that someone else has created. I create my own standards and fulfill them, my view on the status quo is Fuck the status quo we need to change the system, better ourselves and stop thinking that things are perfect because they aren't. Shit is being poured down from the 20% asses to the 80% and for some fucked up reason they want "the idiots who can't think for themselves" to consume it like it was a chocolate waterfall. I'm all business in that I do have goals in life and I will do my best to accomplish these goals but not because I feel obliged to do it but because I find the accomplishing of objectives to be entertaining.

"This type has a tendency to see relationships as somehow “getting in the way.” While they may desire a close romantic relationship, they don’t want it if it is at the expense of their self-pres needs. They can appear [hidden] in this way, as they are concerned about the demands a relationship might make on their time." Yeah my view on that is behind every great man is a great woman and behind every great woman is a... Brainy is the new Sexy.

Well that's a popular 8w9 sp/so description. Would you say that this is you, similar, or not at all?

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well that's a popular 8w9 sp/so description. Would you say that this is you, similar, or not at all?
Did I sound like an 8/9 sp/so I honestly think I have 7 in me as I didn't create a fake personality, I got 8w9, 9w8 on the test which confused me it's why I created the thread. Sp/So are serious and reserved, i'm not serious. I'm reserved in that I don't like getting emotional or sentimental. I make penis blow faces during class and scream out west side while making gang signs as I create a joke out of something serious in class and in the end I say something deep and come out impressing the class and the professor. My Sociology Professor told the class that if we where to have a party at his house he would keep his eyes on me as I was the one who would spike the punch.

Alea_iacta_est

he
Did I sound like an 8/9 sp/so I honestly think I have 7 in me as I didn't create a fake personality, I got 8w9, 9w8 on the test which confused me it's why I created the thread.

I'm not entirely sure if you know that the Enneagram does have a tritype system, and that you can have both 7 and 8 in your trifix.

In the case of an 8w9 - 7w8 - ?w? (probably 3w2, doubt you're anywhere near 4, but I could be wrong), the 8 core type is enhanced by the 7w8 to create a more fun-loving 8, one that isn't as strict but is still very guarded and assertive. (BTW, if you didn't know, trifixes can only contain a gut fix, a heart fix, and a head fix, so if your 8w9 is more dominant than 9w8, then 8w9 is your gut fix)

Alea_iacta_est

Did I sound like an 8/9 sp/so I honestly think I have 7 in me as I didn't create a fake personality, I got 8w9, 9w8 on the test which confused me it's why I created the thread. Sp/So are serious and reserved, i'm not serious. I'm reserved in that I don't like getting emotional or sentimental. I make penis blow faces during class and scream out west side while making gang signs as I create a joke out of something serious in class and in the end I say something deep and come out impressing the class and the professor. My Sociology Professor told the class that if we where to have a party at his house he would keep his eyes on me as I was the one who would spike the punch.

Alright. Let's break this down completely. Doing hilarious things, while very funny and 7-ish, is still not particularly indicative of any type, but I will say that you seem id type driven (types 3,7,8).

Type 7 - flighty, anxious-nervous energy, running to the outside world out of fear of boredom/non-indulgence, needs new experiences.
Type 8 - controlled, confident energy, protecting inner world (some refer to it as "the inner child"), needs independence.

Compare -
Both 8 and 7 are extroverted, they are id types driven by impulses in the unconscious, they aren't very intellectual (as in the stereotype of the book nerd sitting in a library silently devouring 30 encyclopedias, 7 and 8s are often very intelligent).

Contrast -
8 disintegration to 5, when you are extremely stressed past your breaking point, if you are an 8, you will see yourself acting like a 5. You will withdraw from the world around you and become highly antagonistic to anyone who dares try and "manipulate" you. Direct explicitness to assure independence (whether it be verbal or physically violent).

7 disintegration to 1, when you are extremely stressed past your breaking point, you become highly impulsive and attempt to over-indulge in experiences to give you the characteristic energy rush of the 7's stimulation being met. Unhealthy 7's don't feel satiated by their experiences because they are often ridiculous and gained at great lengths. You also become highly critical of other people, pointing out there flaws and shortcomings to their face.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not entirely sure if you know that the Enneagram does have a tritype system, and that you can have both 7 and 8 in your trifix.

In the case of an 8w9 - 7w8 - ?w? (probably 3w2, doubt you're anywhere near 4, but I could be wrong), the 8 core type is enhanced by the 7w8 to create a more fun-loving 8, one that isn't as strict but is still very guarded and assertive. (BTW, if you didn't know, trifixes can only contain a gut fix, a heart fix, and a head fix, so if your 8w9 is more dominant than 9w8, then 8w9 is your gut fix)

So one from 1,2,3,4 one from 5,6,7 and one from 8,9. 8-7-2 or 7-8-2?

Alea_iacta_est

So one from 1,2,3,4 one from 5,6,7 and one from 8,9. I'd with 8-7-3

Actually it's one from 2,3,4 (heart fix/shame), one from 5,6,7 (head fix/anxiety), and one from 8,9,1 (gut fix/anger)

8-7-2

8-7-3