• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Si, Ti, or Fi, or something else?? Idk.. Can you help?

taylor.tate13

I know when something is off. When this happens I ask myself, “Why do you feel this way?” I am more interested in the why because generally when I find out why I feel a certain way things seems to become clearer to me. This can be true about my relationships, situations that I come across, things that I observe, material that I read, or any demand that involves critical thinking.

This bothers me most in relationships and situations that I get myself in because it affects me emotionally. It usually takes a while (a lot of times I don’t find out until after things have been revealed which would have been extremely helpful to know before, during, or even immediately after I got this “hunch) for me to figure out the why.

And in that time I get stressed out. Not knowing stresses me the freak out because I know that I need to know and that knowing will help me get out of the situation that I am in because once I know I will be able to DO something about it. And even if I can’t do something about at least I will know how I feel about it. Not knowing involves a lot of waiting and confusion and I just HATE “why” questions unanswered.

Is this an example of Si, Ti, Fi, or something else?

I want to know because this is something that I would like to work on because it can be very road blocking.
Also, if I said because I do this that I rely on my feelings but value “thinking” more, would that make sense?

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
You said in your last thread that you "give and give and give", what do you mean by that?

Do you expect certain things from people in a friendship? How does friendship work (or not work) for you?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sounds more Ne to me.

taylor.tate13

I give without thinking. I do little and big things without thinking about it. I dont think, i am doing this so i can get x,y,z". I don't "really" expect anything nor do I ask anything but I find that other people don't do this. BUTwhen they are hesitant to do the same it throws me off.

taylor.tate13

But.. Just so u know I would never be weirded out that other people don't do "big" things for me. It just throws me off when small things are a problem for someone or they act as if they would never think about doing whatever it is but I would go out of my way for someone to do a small thing and not care or feel like I am losing something. in doing it. I just do it without thinking. Mind you, I never ASK ppl to do whatever it it is. I just assume. So this is really my fault but still...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know when something is off. When this happens I ask myself, “Why do you feel this way?” I am more interested in the why because generally when I find out why I feel a certain way things seems to become clearer to me. This can be true about my relationships, situations that I come across, things that I observe, material that I read, or any demand that involves critical thinking.

This bothers me most in relationships and situations that I get myself in because it affects me emotionally. It usually takes a while (a lot of times I don’t find out until after things have been revealed which would have been extremely helpful to know before, during, or even immediately after I got this “hunch) for me to figure out the why.

And in that time I get stressed out. Not knowing stresses me the freak out because I know that I need to know and that knowing will help me get out of the situation that I am in because once I know I will be able to DO something about it. And even if I can’t do something about at least I will know how I feel about it. Not knowing involves a lot of waiting and confusion and I just HATE “why” questions unanswered.

Is this an example of Si, Ti, Fi, or something else?

I want to know because this is something that I would like to work on because it can be very road blocking.
Also, if I said because I do this that I rely on my feelings but value “thinking” more, would that make sense?

There is no answer to your question in JCF (Jungian cognitive functions). But answering "why" questions are important to the Judging types in the MBTI. So that leaves Si or Ni, Te or Fe.

If, as another post indicates, you are a spontaneous giver, then that is Fe.