• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type myself?

Alea_iacta_est

I think Te is more concerned about how you envision your insights would fit into/re-structure the external world/object you are dealing with...I also associate it with the ability to convey your thoughts to the external world in a precise manner (like being articulate)...I lack Te so I pause or dwell on what to say precisely too much while I talk...I can do that much better in writing...Though that's just my "assumption" on Te...

I also do datamining as an INFJ but I use Ti to analyze that data internally and then pass it onto Ni so that Ni can squeeze a pattern out of the accumulated/mined and analyzed data...

I suspect she's a different type than INTJ...

The fact that OP is actively searching in the environment for information and prefers it over trying to make sense of it suggests Te>Ti. Te is trying to find evidence from the outside world to justify claims, Ti is trying to find evidence by trying to make sense of collected perception data and figure out how things work subjectively to justify claims. Te is preferred in this case.

Everything in bold is Te:

3.) Te vs Ti: when I'm researching or learning something new. The best way for me to understand it would be through... adding more information to the new information(the internet helps with this). After I've collected enough data... I'll attempt to understand the basic, underlying principle of something... when I do... I can then just apply it to everything else. There is a pattern, I suppose, that I automatically look for. It helps a lot also to imagine how that information is relevant to what I'm going to use it for. Most of the time, I don't like asking people to teach me things... I prefer doing my own research or figuring things out myself. Then after thinking about it... i'll know. I don't know which it is... cause doing own research seems(i like to personalize my knowledge)Ti, but I look for it external facts (I write them down... organize them when I can... when I'm reading a book I like to write facts I consider relevant on it, I time myself... err. I also think of applying this information, so, once upon a time I've dreamt of changing the world single-handedly) which is Te.

yeghor

How come I do the bolded parts myself as well then? :)

In a losing argument... I will use "uncertainty" to distract my opponent... and throw many, many ideas or possible scenarios for the purpose of having them lose focus. I'm really good at that.

I am familiar with this strategy that OP mentioned...too familiar infact...I don't do that...Do you do that^?

Alea_iacta_est

How come I do the bolded parts myself as well then? :)

I am familiar with this strategy that OP mentioned...too familiar infact...I don't do that...Do you do that^?

Not usually, I place emphasis on Te and try to win an argument at all costs using external information the other person doesn't possess. This sounds like the usage of Ne, which would appear when an Ni dom is under extreme stress or in dire need of assistance to pull through something. The current plan of action created by Ni is failing, and thus OP must fall back on the dominant shadow function, which is just as strong as the normal dominant function, but unpreferred and used only when necessary.

yeghor

Not usually, I place emphasis on Te and try to win an argument at all costs using external information the other person doesn't possess. This sounds like the usage of Ne, which would appear when an Ni dom is under extreme stress or in dire need of assistance to pull through something. The current plan of action created by Ni is failing, and thus OP must fall back on the dominant shadow function, which is just as strong as the normal dominant function, but unpreferred and used only when necessary.

I believe what OP described is a conscious/controlled use of Ne...My shadow Ne under stress I believe manifests itself as worst case scenarios about a dreaded future event...about how that event might turn out in the worst possible way...I cannot wield Ne in the way OP described to stun my opponent even when under stress...

My guess at the moment is on Ne Ti Fe and you know what...

Alea_iacta_est

I believe what OP described is a conscious/controlled use of Ne...My shadow Ne under stress I believe manifests itself as worst case scenarios about a dreaded future event...about how that event might turn out in the worst possible way...I cannot wield Ne in the way OP described to stun my opponent even when under stress...

My guess at the moment is on Ne Ti Fe and you know what...

Well isn't that interesting.

I'm willing to bet you can't use it to stun your opponents because it isn't backed by a selfish function like Ti.

Alea_iacta_est

I got lost here sorry...Can you expand on that? :blush:

I had an insight. Ni is your dominant shadow function; you experience simulations of terrible outcomes to a situation when stressed out. A shadow Ne would make you bounce all over the place making haphazard connections and appear flightier and more disorganized than usual, much like an ENFP.

The reason you identified with Te so much is because it's your tertiary function. I imagine the self-pres and dominant type 1 fix with a super-ego heavy trifix would make you seem very much like an INFJ despite.

á´…eparted

passages
I had an insight. Ni is your dominant shadow function; you experience simulations of terrible outcomes to a situation when stressed out. A shadow Ne would make you bounce all over the place making haphazard connections and appear flightier and more disorganized than usual, much like an ENFP.

The reason you identified with Te so much is because it's your tertiary function. I imagine the self-pres and dominant type 1 fix with a super-ego heavy trifix would make you seem very much like an INFJ despite.

I agree with your sentiments. I have met ENFP's that have been mistyped as INFJ's before, and it's not all that common, if the individual assumes their introverted incorrectly, it fits because they have the same NFTS letter order, just inverted. Looking to the breakdown makes it a little more clear. Looking to an individuals tertiary function is pretty useful for figuring out what a person is.

That said, wouldn't be really quite rate for an E1 to be an ENFP though? I mean it certainly can happen, but that isn't a typical mix by any stretch of the word.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No goddammit...:) They can be overruled with persuasion, discussion and an overriding amount of data that points to a different conclusion...

I am just putting forward my conclusions and deductions...based on my currently available database, which is ever-changing and evolving...I may be mistaken or off in my deductions...I won't get any better if I do not put them forward though...:)

So begin at the beginning. And the beginning of all this is with Jung. They are called Jungian Cognitive Functions for a good reason.

Alea_iacta_est

I agree with your sentiments. I have met ENFP's that have been mistyped as INFJ's before, and it's not all that common, if the individual assumes their introverted incorrectly, it fits because they have the same NFTS letter order, just inverted. Looking to the breakdown makes it a little more clear. Looking to an individuals tertiary function is pretty useful for figuring out what a person is.

That said, wouldn't be really quite rate for an E1 to be an ENFP though? I mean it certainly can happen, but that isn't a typical mix by any stretch of the word.

It's incredibly rare for an ENFP 1, almost as rare as an ENTP 4.

From a description of ENXP 1s:
Extroverted Intuition Types (ENTP and ENFP)
Extroverted Intuition is essentially the opposite of Extroverted Sensing: instead of focusing on present information, Extroverted Intuition brainstorms a myriad number of possibilities that may or may not be true.

ENxP Ones are the more flexible, abstract cousin of the ESxP Ones. Not as decisive as ESxP Ones, the ENxPs focus more on figuring out the right path through the consideration of multiple possibilities. ENTP Ones are more likely to do that through attention to specific detail (as Ti is their second function), and ENFP Ones are more likely to do that by looking at the essence of the situation (as Fi is their second function.) This aptitude for seeing multiple possibilities doesn't make them any less stubborn, however, as they may trust so strongly in their intuition that they will not budge when unhealthy.

yeghor

Am I (an ENFP) really now? :) Perhaps shadow Ne is locking on and simulating the worst possible scenario as it is clumsy and uncontrollable in my case...Moreover, I got Fe though...too much of it infact? Can't say am an extravert either? I think you really should re-evaluate...:D

Gotta call it a night though...I'll be able to reply tomorrow...Thanks for all today...

G'night...

Alea_iacta_est

Am I (an ENFP) really now? :) Perhaps shadow Ne is locking on and simulating the worst possible scenario as it is clumsy and uncontrollable in my case...Moreover, I got Fe though...too much of it infact? Can't say am an extravert either? I think you really should re-evaluate...:D

Gotta call it a night though...I'll be able to reply tomorrow...Thanks for all today...

G'night...

You're an ENFP 1, that's one of the 4 unicorns of the NF temperament (ENFP 1, INFJ 8, INFP 7, ENFJ 9). You aren't nearly as wild as other ENFPs or even other ENFP 1s because you embody a triple super-ego trifix, 1-6-2, meaning that you restrain yourself and probably ignore your ID and whatever the darker part of the ID is that contains Se and Ne. You are more focused on applying yourself to meet the nagging of your own super-ego than fall to the Ne dom compulsion of exploring all of the possibilities at once. Self pres ENFP 1 would be very introverted. ENFPs can seem very Fe but aren't on the inside.

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You wanted to connect...You sound as if you have adjusted your external behaviour so as not to drive people away...I believe this is Fe...

Hm. That could be one of the reasons. But I have been okay without people for most of my life... it was only recently that I adjusted my behavior. One reason is... I acknowledged that I live in a world that has preset rules resulting from civilization. As a child, I was oblivious to these rules, but as an adult... ignorance of how the world operates is no longer something that I can overlook. I need to know how to interact with people... because, like it or not, I share living space on this planet with them. If I keep on the track I was on... achieving my goals would be difficult. Because I will always have to deal with people. Another reason is... some people genuinely interest me. If I was to be selfish and neglect my social skills... how do I associate with these people I find fascinating without boring them to death or weirding them out? Finally, I have seen too many people who have mistakenly assumed that being an island is a good way to live their lives (my mother's ex boyfriend, my aunt's deceased husband, people I interact with online who are just mad... and angry.) To me, they seemed to be plagued by an overwhelming emptiness... if I truly had the right to choose, I would choose not to end up like them. It seems that... people who have social connections are happier... at least that is what science seems to point out. But, you know, it has to be the right social connections. Not haphazardly chosen ones.

One reason I chose Fi as well... was I compared myself to my friend. I will give you a real situation...
we meet a guy... this guy is, to me, weird. My friend would try to please this guy because he makes her feel good even though she knows he's kind of shady... while I would just be *meh* about him because I have concluded that interaction with him is pointless. In our class as well, I would be okay interacting with people... but I don't crave it. This friend of mine seem to have the inherent ability to level with people while I have to rely on learned strategies. It doesn't help that I don't proactively interact with other people as well.

But basically, when I interact with people I usually have a purpose. :shrug:

This is how I learn thru my Ni and Ti...So may be Ti perhaps...I've always associated Te with giving orders and commands around to structure the external world...not entirely sure if that holds water or not...

Does having to rely on others to learn something new make you feel inferior/insufficient? Do you abhor relying on other people?

I don't know enough about Te. But from what I understand... Te has to do with controlling the outer world. So it's possible those are manifestations of it. I don't know if it's Te... but I'm painfully aware that the outer world can be easily controlled... so many people are just oblivious to it or lazy. Where I live now... I cannot use much of Te. But in the future... I would like to build my own soundproof studio type house with a garden and other customizations. I want to design my own abode. For now though, I have managed to secure my own room and organize it as I desire. I would like to make things(outside of my room)more efficient but this place isn't mine so.

Asking people... doesn't make me feel inferior. It's more a matter of trust. I distrust most people's knowledge. I know how easy it is for information to be misinterpreted or just be plain incorrect. However, there are people that have earned my respect. And I don't mind asking those people for information if I wasn't able to acquire it myself. Maybe it's also... because... when I find something on my own(information, different way of looking at things, a loophole in a system)... it's like a mini-achievement. It gives me joy.

What in daily life causes you most distress/annoyance/fear/anxiety in relation to other people around?

Do friends tell you things that they say you've told them but you don't recall telling?

Are you a good storyteller among friends?

How old are you?

-In relation to other people around... I truly fear having to rely on them. It makes me anxious or irritates me sometimes when I know they are incorrect yet they are unaware of it and proud. Especially when it's someone who should know what they are talking about. And I'm just... "this is the best humanity has to offer?"... "please, let the answer to that be no.".

-i have this friend who tested ISFJ. and sometimes she would say I said certain things that I can't remember. But with further probing... sometimes a feeling would bubble up and I would get the thought that yeah... I said those things. So... I can't explain it. I would just tell my friend that I don't remember though... it's easier. :shrug:

-i'm fairly good at explaining... but not at storytelling. Because... well, they don't really get my stories. The stories my friends seem to prefer are those about each other or other people. I usually am better at explaining how things work or coming up with theories. I can mimic small talk since I'm exposed to it a lot. But it has to be spaced out and not prolonged. I'm so much better at storytelling in the written form though. :)

-the magic number is 22.

Why exactly? What do you feel/think at those times? What exactly in the other person cause you distress? What do you feel they expect from you that you cannot deliver to them?

I have arrived at this through contemplation of past experiences... I would like to give three examples.

1.) It was after class. My friend and I were at this coffee house. And there was a man seated a few tables away from us. My friend started talking about him... reading him. At first it was interesting... Then she proceeded to talk and talk and talk. I don't know what happened... but I just mentally shut down. I just stared at the guy for a couple of minutes. I shut my friend out. And then the next thing I heard was my friend saying "Hey, you suddenly stopped talking. What happened?". It's like I mentally vacated the premises.

2.) When my grandmother shared my room. She would tell stories... a lot of them. And I would just lie there in bed... with actual tightening in my chest... wishing that she would just stop.

3.) I was the assigned leader of this group for a school project. We were practicing our parts. And they were just soooo unprepared. What worsened it for me was... they knew it. They knew they weren't prepared yet they continued to slack, make jokes, catch up on irrelevant business. They were mingling and having fun. And I was just sitting there... in the midst of all that. I couldn't take it. I just left. I abandoned them and went somewhere to breathe.

The reason I selected these examples is because these are the most salient ones for me. Since I'm not usually social. I have few memories of being with people for extended periods. These are the ones that made me decide I can't handle too much stimulation from them.

W

WALMART

G'night...

Si dom/aux

"Whereas true extraverted intuition has a characteristic resourcefulness, and a 'good nose' for every possibility in objective reality, this archaic, extraverted intuition has an amazing flair for every ambiguous, gloomy, dirty, and dangerous possibility in the background of reality."

I didn't read anything else though. Seen a few of your posts and I've got suspicions.

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si: Unconsciously noticing that certain details are off, usually sensations, based on past data. These people unconsciously sense that something is not what they are use to in the form of details. These people will be the first to point out changes in appearance (predominantly in the ISFJ) and will be able to problem solve easily by remembering how they solved a similar problem in the past (predominantly in the ISTJ).

Ni: Unconsciously envisioning what the next course of action should be. In terms of past data, Ni sifts through past memories and knowledge to gather the big picture information to help build a new, effective, vision based on a past example (predominantly in the INTJ), and thus manifests itself as a "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it" mantra; it's more trial and error based than Si. In the INFJ, Ni sifts through past knowledge to gather an emotional checklist for other people based on their previous experiences with others. When Ni has calculated in the unconscious what exactly the other person is experiencing, it expresses itself to the Ego, which in some cases is an actual physical sensation, such as your stomach muscles tightening or even a sudden pain*.

Essentially,
Si: Let's use what we have used in the past because that's always worked and will solve the problem.
Ni: Let's use what we have used in the past to do something new and plan for the future.

*At least that's what I've heard from some INFJs. The INTJ doesn't really experience physical sensations but instead experiences premonitions and visions internally.

that's one of my motto's in life. :shock: i think the past should be used mainly for the improvement of the future.

look.sky.ward

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That one is a strategy I picked up from observing arguments. I have been able to apply it. It proved useful.

If supported by the growing number of things that we distract ourselves with... then it's easy to conclude that our attention span will receive the effects of it. Hence distraction would often be an effective strategy, of course, in alignment with your aim. Arguments with most people... in all honesty... are pointless. Since most are emotional. So I use that strategy with them. My aim at that point would not be to win the argument... but to make the opponent doubt himself. I kind of dislike losing so... I would try to achieve victory in another way.

I mentioned it cause... I wanted to know if anyone can come up with a reason why I am able to use Ne this easily(because of this, I've also thought I might have been an Ne-dom). Or if it's even really Ne and not another function creating the appearance of Ne.

yeghor

Si dom/aux

"Whereas true extraverted intuition (Ne) has a characteristic resourcefulness, and a 'good nose' for every possibility in objective reality, this archaic, extraverted intuition has an amazing flair for every ambiguous, gloomy, dirty, and dangerous possibility in the background of reality."

I didn't read anything else though. Seen a few of your posts and I've got suspicions.

Si is the 8th function in the INFJ stack...Perhaps under stress it is manifesting itself as a bizarro Ne, providing visions of doom, failure and misery?

Alea_iacta_est said:
You're an ENFP 1, that's one of the 4 unicorns of the NF temperament (ENFP 1, INFJ 8, INFP 7, ENFJ 9). You aren't nearly as wild as other ENFPs or even other ENFP 1s because you embody a triple super-ego trifix, 1-6-2, meaning that you restrain yourself and probably ignore your ID and whatever the darker part of the ID is that contains Se and Ne. You are more focused on applying yourself to meet the nagging of your own super-ego than fall to the Ne dom compulsion of exploring all of the possibilities at once. Self pres ENFP 1 would be very introverted. ENFPs can seem very Fe but aren't on the inside.

My enneagram 5 and 6 scores almost as strong as my 1 by the way...I may even be 612 or 512 as well...

I am not nowhere near as flamboyant, lively and chatty as an ENFP...And I guess my elder sister is an ENFP...We are quite different in temperament...

So I am a repressed ENFP? which basically is?

W

WALMART

Si is the 8th function in the INFJ stack...Perhaps under stress it is manifesting itself as a bizarro Ne, providing visions of doom, failure and misery?

Not quite. Ni and Si are categorized similarly for good reason. They are practically the same, with minute variances.

So, you could say Ni/Te/Fi/Se/Ne/Ti/Fe/Si, but in my opinion, it is closer to Ni/Si/Te/Ti/Fi/Fe/Se/Ne.

I was claiming, that by asserting this factoid about yourself, you fall closer in line with introverted irrationality, and if one is to nitpick Jung, it falls in line with an Si type.

Do you find yourself ever offensive?